Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Hope everyone had a restful Mother's Day!

Redeemed....how thoughtful of your son and DH! Glad you're back on program. I have found I need to weigh every day (didn't on JUDD) to keep me on track. I'm very easily led astray.

Snaggle...hope you're better soon

Well, had my 2nd WW weigh-in this morning and lost .8lb (I like that they weigh in tenths now). I stayed on track all week, but after losing 10.8 last week, figured it would be less (just not that much less ). If I remember correctly though, I do the every other week good loss thing when on WW....funny how your body responds to different plans. I have discovered this week though that while within my points each day, I had increased my carbs and guess it just doesn't work for me anymore. I don't have a gluten sensitivity, but maybe I should pretend I do!!

My daughter has been wanting to go back to WW, but hasn't been able to afford it (stay-at-home-Mom). I decided for a Mother's Day gift I would fund the monthly pass plan for her and she was so appreciative. She told me, "I love you mom.. not because you spend money on me, but because you love me so much and so unconditionally. Everyone in my life needs so much from me and takes so much from me and for someone to just want to give, makes me smile from the inside out! I am the luckiest person in the world to have you as a mother." Believe me....that was the best present I could have received from her....except my beautiful grandchildren, of course!

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2010, 04:15 PM   #92
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Sherrie-
No wonder you only lost .8--your body is still recovering from dropping 10 lbs last week

And what a thoughtful present for your daughter! There's no greater gift than good health.

Just consider that the fewer starchy carbs, the healthier your eating is. We don't really need those grains, and you'll be surprised at how little you'll miss them--at least that's been my experience, and I used to love bread of all kinds.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #93
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
Awww Sherie that was so sweet of you. And what a lovely heartfelt note from your daughter. I've always said just about the best gift to receive is a heartfelt note.
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-227)/160
WOE: Atkins/Fast-5
Start Date: 1972
Hi busy week, just checking in-back later.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:58 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
593568p887g2dyd0.gif

Sherrie: Your daughter sounds like the recipient of a lot of love and respect. Those words to you came from someone who knew unconditional love. I'm sure you two will have fun supporting each other on WW. Wow, Sherrie, ten pounds in one week!!! That must have been encouraging.

I peaked this morning and am down two pounds (first DD). The last time I did JUDDD, I lost twelve pounds really fast. I retain a lot of water, so I know weight loss will slow down, but I'm encouraged.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:47 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Hi All! Sorry I haven't been around--I am in crunch time for the big conference happening this weekend--still working on my presentation--found a horrific error --and the powerpoint has already been printed for the participants (--I can change it for the actual screen however--but the whole thing adds to my stress.

Not really doing any DDs at the moment--but doing very lowfat lowcalorie lowcarb days --I find when I am this stressed, I do need to eat frequently--but I doubt I get more than a couple of hundred calories during the day--a string of very moderate days. Definitely keep losing weight--I will go back to JUDDD next week--as much as I actually prefer what I am doing now, I feel like JUDDD is better for my metabolism.

Y'all may not hear from me til next week. May is crazy for me. Have a good week and weekend.

Ouis
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:55 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Hope your presentation goes well, Quis, despsite the error. Good thing you caught it when you did! At least the power point will be correct now, and you won't have any embarrassing surprises during your presentation. Look forward to chatting with you when you get back to JUDDDing.

Last edited by Redeemed; 05-11-2010 at 07:56 AM..
Old 05-11-2010, 08:24 AM   #98
Senior LCF member

Ouis-
Think of the 'horrific error' as a great ice-breaker, as you explain to your audience that they need to correct their copies--as they say in the theatre, break a leg! You are very wise to deal with all this stress with a string of low calorie days instead of JUDDD because I think DDs would be too difficult under the circumstances. Like you, I think my metabolism responds well to JUDDD, but a break will probably be good for you.

Redeemed-
Great work returning to a DD. I would imagine they're difficult if you've been away for a while. I am doing them regularly, and for some reason, yesterday was a horrendous one--but I got through it. It's so difficult to predict; some are a breeze and others tough. Here's hoping you have a few 'good ones' as you get started again
Old 05-11-2010, 10:00 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Hi All! Sorry I haven't been around--I am in crunch time for the big conference happening this weekend--still working on my presentation--found a horrific error --and the powerpoint has already been printed for the participants (--I can change it for the actual screen however--but the whole thing adds to my stress.

Not really doing any DDs at the moment--but doing very lowfat lowcalorie lowcarb days --I find when I am this stressed, I do need to eat frequently--but I doubt I get more than a couple of hundred calories during the day--a string of very moderate days. Definitely keep losing weight--I will go back to JUDDD next week--as much as I actually prefer what I am doing now, I feel like JUDDD is better for my metabolism.

Y'all may not hear from me til next week. May is crazy for me. Have a good week and weekend.

Ouis
Oh ugh! I'm glad you at least caught it. The last horrific error I made in a presentation I noticed DURING the meeting. The only bright spot on that experience being that NO ONE ELSE NOTICED it but believe me I was living in fear the last thirty minutes we were in there I would've DIED of embarassment.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Thanks all for the kind words! I have a very loving and caring daughter (and son)...they're good kids, but do have a special relationship with my daughter...we're close.

Redeemed...wow, 2lb your first DD is encouraging. I retain water like crazy too...thus the big loss after being carbed up on vacation for two weeks.

Ouis...good luck with the presentation. I hate things like that and glad I don't have to do them anymore...very stressful for me and I don't handle stress in my old age like I used to.

Getting ready for company this weekend. Found my best friend from college on Facebook (she lives in FL) and she's coming to stay with us for a few days. Good impetus to get things done around here early this year and washing windows and doing flower beds today....I'm pooped. Did make it to my water aerobics too...didn't get there at all last week with my mom and brother in the hospital.
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #101
Senior LCF member

It seems awfully quiet here today. Is that because you're all, like me, trying to 'white knuckle' it through a DD?

I'm convinced that if I don't do my 3 weekly DDs perfectly, I'll just blow up like a balloon. And given my tendency to gain, that probably isn't too far from the truth.

Sometimes it's frustrating that on my UDs, I'm eating at a level where most young, healthy people would lose, but I'd be gaining if I didn't add in these DDs.

This is the part of old age that really is the pits
Old 05-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Leo - I am definetely trying to "white knuckle" it today. I had a really good UD yesterday. I have found no rhyme or reason for the really hard DD's. I had a REALLY UP weekend and Monday my DD was a total breeze. I was hardly hungry. Wish they could all be like that.

I am doing great on JUDDD, except struggling on the weekends. I still seem to be losing although VERY slow, but that's normal for me.

I have been thinking alot about maintenance lately. It is so hard for me to lose weight that once I get there I would like to stay. That is the reason I am not using M&E everyday to get to goal. I am doing it once or twice a week to help things along, but I have enough carbs over the weekend. I might lose a little faster if I lowered my carbs, but I want to eat the same way I would in maintenance. I could eat the way I am now for life. I just don't know if it will get me all the way to goal.

Hypothyroid

Mini-goals:
120 115 110
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:25 PM   #103
Senior LCF member

Michelle-

I guess one advantage of being such slow losers is that we're really motivated to maintain.

I've also become aware lately how easy it is for me to "let go" on UDs and eat far too much. On a regular basis, I'd be gaining like crazy, so I know that I'm always going to have to 'watch' myself--i.e., eat "mindfully."

What's annoying is that with "mindless eating," I eat things I don't even enjoy, so there's no reason at all to do it!
Old 05-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #104

*checking in*

I did a MD yesterday at 1000 cals but I can't really call it MD. it didn't happen by design it just happened. Still not scheduling DDs trying to see whats happening now that I feel so much better. I truly think I've turned a corner. Its too soon to say but scale weight I'm down almost four pounds from a week ago. If this trend continues....
Old 05-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #105
Senior LCF member

Good news, Kisha!

I'm sure you're on your way and will be in full stride soon. You are absolutely right in just taking each day as it comes and not trying to do too much until you get your meds in place, etc. But you couldn't lose if that T3 was still fighting you, so it really seems to be getting under control.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #106
GME

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/204.6/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
That's great news Kisha!

I haven't been around much lately. I have about a zillion things going on right now and I am stressed. Nothing really horrible, just too much of too much. I gave in to some snacks I shouldn't have had last night and I don't have the time or inclination to count as well as I should so I'm sort of doing downish days.

The good news is much of it will be over in a week so I can get back to normal.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Congratlations Kisha!!!!. Four pounds is a significant loss.

I worked a 14 hour shift today - that's why I didn't post. Yesterday's UD went well and today's DD was one of the best I have ever had. I found a soup at the health food store called subterranian (sp) root vegetable soup. It had root veggies, barley, wild rice, and a few slivers of cashews. It was only 63 calories for 8 ounces - and very hearty. I had three servings throughout the day and three chicken/lefse rollups - all a little under 500 calories. I hope that soup was labeled correctly. My schedule at work has changed. I work two fourteen hour shifts and one twelve hour shift a week. So, I only work 3 days a week and get four off - while still getting in forty hours. All day shifts. This is so nice, I told DH I feel like I'm semi-retired. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!

Last edited by Redeemed; 05-12-2010 at 09:12 PM..
Old 05-13-2010, 03:05 AM   #108
Senior LCF member

Redeemed-

I would have liked a schedule like that in the few years before I retired. Once I was at work, I could just keep going, but the 5-days-a-week of a really stressful job was too much in my 60s. When we had holiday weekends (3 days off), I noticed what a difference it made, and if I could have just worked 3 days each week, I would have lasted at least 5 more years. I loved my job, but physically I couldn't handle it beyond 65.

Your DD sounds great--delicious and filling. I'm hoping for a "MD" today because I might not get a DD tomorrow as I have a lunch to attend that I can't skip. I'm hoping to make that my only food and keep it under 500 cal, but I always hate eating out on DDs.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:36 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

428270sh42acnblr.gif

Michelle I did an egg fast on Monday - my first day back on JUDDD. I had Leo's Chicken Broth for lunch, and had scrambled eggs for supper - about 400 calories and so delicious. I would like to do M & E, or just eggs at least once during my weekly rotation of JUDDD. I'm glad you are losing, I know how difficult it has been for you in the past. BTW: are you on thyroid meds? Just curious, I know from your past posts that you had difficulty finding the right med or dosage. KUTGW!!

Gina I like your expression of stress: "Too much of too much". That's the way it is, isn't it? I hope things calm down soon.

Leo I don't know what restaurant you are going to, but Applebee's has a menu for 500 calorie meals. I don't know if that includes salad meals or just meat and veggie. And, yes - I love my work schedule. I could do this well into retirement. Also, I'm very fond of my little "client"; and can see myself staying with her for the long term. When my work found out I was interviewing for that Public Health Nurse position, my supervisor asked me what it would take to make me happy and stay. I replied that I wanted off nights. She gave me much more and I appreciate it very much.

btw: I peeked at the scale again this morning and am down four pounds since Monday. This did kind of surprise me because there was so much sodium in the soup I had yesterday.

Last edited by Redeemed; 05-13-2010 at 06:42 AM..
Old 05-13-2010, 07:17 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Attachment 30318

Michelle I did an egg fast on Monday - my first day back on JUDDD. I had Leo's Chicken Broth for lunch, and had scrambled eggs for supper - about 400 calories and so delicious. I would like to do M & E, or just eggs at least once during my weekly rotation of JUDDD. I'm glad you are losing, I know how difficult it has been for you in the past. BTW: are you on thyroid meds? Just curious, I know from your past posts that you had difficulty finding the right med or dosage. KUTGW!!
Redeemed - I have definetely been doing lower carb, and it seems to be helping me lose. This morning I was at my low of 120.6. I haven't seen the teens since September when I started having thyroid issues again. I totally crashed on the reformulation of Armour and gained some weight. I was so sick of everything I stopped taking meds at all.....that was NOT smart! I am still trying to lose from that. I started taking compounded Armour and doing really well on it. I also have been exercising again, so I am sure that is helping!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:57 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Well, congratulations, Michelle! You Kisha,Gina, Quis and so many others on this thread certainly know how to plow your way through to success!!
Old 05-13-2010, 08:39 AM   #112
Senior LCF member

Redeemed-
On that loss! When you posted about the soup, I was wondering about the sodium because canned soups are usually over the top with sodium--but just think, it might be more than 4 lbs if that soup is having you retaining some water!

Thanks for the suggestion of Applebee's. I've seen their commercials about the 500cal meals but had forgotten about them. Unfortunately, it's not an option. The only local one is fairly far away, and I'm lunching with people I used to work with, and they're still working, so we have to eat nearby. Not to worry, though. Unless it's a truly awful DD, I should be able to survive.

Your idea of doing an 'eggs' DD is a good one. I find that eggs are really filling on DDs.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:46 AM   #113

Redeemed... Michelle... Ouis... did I miss anyone wow something must be in the water right now! Seems like alot of us are losing well so YAY YAY YAY!!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:21 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Leo that soup is in the refridgerated section of the health food store. It's in a plastic container, but still 450 gms sodium per serving. I had three servings - so that's quite a lot. Plus, the lefse was salty. It's hard to do eggs when I'm working, but I plan to on my DD's at home to have eggs. I look forward to a nice omlette for supper. I hope you find something fulfilling to eat today. I hope you have fun getting together with friends. I was so tempted to have a diet root beer yesterday. It would have tasted great - but I'm glad I turned it down. I don't want to start going that direction. Yuck, diet pop!

Kisha something you're doing is paying off!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Radio Interview With Dr. Johnson

This may take a couple of minutes to load on your screen.

Interviews of Weight Loss & Diet Experts
Old 05-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #116
Senior LCF member

Redeemed-
Thanks for posting that interview--but I couldn't hear it because my computer locked up when I tried to access it. Was there anything we all should know?

Fellow JUDDers-
This week, my weigh in day will have to be Sunday because today has turned into a MD, mainly because I wasn't feeling well. Seems odd, but I felt as though eating a little would help me feel better--and it did. Then I went to lunch with friends, thinking I might just order a salad and have them wrap it to go (and eat it tomorrow). But the turkey, avocado, and bacon salad (scrumptious) disappeared while I was planning not to eat it

So I'll do a DD tomorrow--which would be my first Saturday DD. I'll keep telling myself that it's Friday; otherwise, I'll want to eat
Old 05-14-2010, 08:41 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Leo: Try this link to listen to the interview and see if this helps:

http://karenbentley.com/interviews/0...es_johnson.mp3

eta: I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but make sure your volume is turned on your computer.

Last edited by Redeemed; 05-14-2010 at 08:44 PM..
Old 05-15-2010, 06:33 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Down another two pounds - total six pounds since Monday!! JUDDD works!
Old 05-15-2010, 06:49 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Down another two pounds - total six pounds since Monday!! JUDDD works!
Yes JUDDD does work! Great job!

Well, I am at a new low of 120.2, but I am disappointed. I REALLY wanted to see 119 today. Oh well! I will keep on JUDDDing and my body will get there when it damn well pleases.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:56 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Fantastic, Michelle! You're almost at the finish line!! Will JUDDD be your maintenance plan? I would think it will be an easy plan to follow for maintenance. You've perservered and done well!!

btw: were you able to access the link I posted for Dr. Johnson? Just curious if it can be accessed.

Last edited by Redeemed; 05-15-2010 at 06:57 AM..