Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 05:06 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Well Kisha, since my last down day was nearly two weeks ago, I wouldn't say that I am actively juddding either, although I still consider it my lifelong plan. I knew when I went to Mexico that I would not stick to up/down days, but prior to that I had been really eating too many carbs on my ups and I know that is why I was not losing.
My plan tonight is to study my juddd journals from last May/June/July and see just what I was doing on my ups that worked well enough to get me from 170 to 150.
I do know that I was not super low carb, but I am pretty sure it wasn't like I have been doing lately.
I also need to get back to journaling my food. It keeps me more accountable.
Goal is to lose 10lbs by Aug 1 annual big camping trip.

It is so great to have you all here for support.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #32
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/206/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Oh, I'm not going anywhere. I M&E JUDDDing. How's that for a mishmash of plans?

Yesterday was a DD so I had 3 eggs in egg salad for lunch (very light on the mayo) and plain chicken breast for dinner (that and the previously mentioned accidental almond butter).

Today for my UD I had eggs scrambled in butter, a hamburger patty for lunch and BBQ chicken w/ ranch dressing for dinner. I also had some full fat Fage. I can only find that at Whole Foods anymore. I don't get there often but I was over that way this morning so I had to pick some up. Mmmmmm

3/24/14- She is Beautiful 10k- I won!, 7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won!
9/14/14- Title 9K- I won!
11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:17 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janetaz
Stats: 198/189/135 restart 207.5/197.5/149
WOE: coming back to JUDDD!!
Start Date: restart JUDDD 7/4/14
Just checking in and trying to find a better game plan for DDs. I didn't really think that my PMS would derail me, but the last few DDs have started great and then at night have turned into UDs! Also, I will try drinking shakes without protein powder and just add an egg and see what happens with appetite control. Has anyone had issues with TOM and DDs not coming together?

Have to go to sleep soon, but wanted to stop by to say hello! EmandM-glad that you posted again!!

Visualizing a successful DD for tomorrow!! Have a good night, everybody!
janetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:05 AM   #34
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Snaggle-
I'll bet you'll find that when you were losing, your UDs were more "under control" than when you weren't. At least that was my discovery. If I just "eat freely" on UDs--even very low carb--I will not lose. I have to count on UDs to insure that I stay within my personal calorie limit (much lower than yours, I'm sure).

That's the only thing that I find "deceiving" about JUDDD--although it may work for some people--the idea that one can eat 'to satisfaction' on UDs--and the very high calculator number that the program gives. If one reads carefully, Dr. J then says that the UD number isn't important, etc., but I think it would be more accurate if they didn't offer an UD number and told people to try to find the number that would enable them to lose. If I ate anywhere near the number that I get on the calculator, I'd be gaining rapdily.

Gina-
You should be 'wasting away' with JUDDD and VLC! I'd do that if I could, but I'm finding that my body has changed--either because of age or hypo--and I actually feel much better with at least some veggies every day. That's difficult for me on DDs, which are pretty much protein, but on UDs, I have to add some veggies. I even seem to lose better when I do that, which is counter to the 'chemistry' of all this.

janetaz-
I was well past TOM when I began JUDDD, but my awful memory from way back is that at least 2 days before it arrived, I had a totally insatiable appetite! If I were trying JUDDD in that situation now, I'd probably try to do all my DD calories in fat OR protein--whatever works best. A lot of people report that fat satiates them totally, but I find that protein works better for me. But you probably want to wait until this is over for the month before you do DDs. With a few weeks of success, you should be able to handle your next cycle.

In the beginning, what kept me under my calorie limit on DDs was pure stubbornness. When I was hungry (very hungry) in the early evenings, I used to tell myself that if I ate, then all my work during that day would be wasted. I just didn't want to give in!

What was surprising to me is that what actually worked as suggested (and still does) is to say to myself, "I will eat (whatever food I was craving at the moment) tomorrow." Once I put that thought in my head, my hunger seemed to vanish. Sometimes I just said, "I can eat in the morning." Brushing my teeth helps too. There's something 'final' about that feeling in my mouth that seems to signal my brain that eating is over for the day.

A lot of this is just finding what works for you. After my first successful DD, what kept me going was the mantra, "You've done this before and didn't die of hunger, so you can do this TODAY." Good luck in finding what works for you.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:27 AM   #35
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

I know most people attach a bad connotation to wasting away, but it sounds pretty good to me right about now. What I would really like is "waisting away" or maybe "thighing away." I crack myself up.

M&E DD for me today. I saw my all-time low this morning so I am having good thoughts about this week's losses. I'm going out of town again this weekend so I will have to weigh Friday.

Ugh, have to get ready for work.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:33 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Gina! You crack me up too!

UD today--and I am posting early because it is going to be a problematic day. First off, I don't feel like eating any of my regular foods--and when I am in that kind of mood (nothing sounds good, I don't want "that") it usually spells trouble down the road--so I am trying to be proactive about it (make a list--have some choices)

The other problem is that both of my parents are in the hospital right now and I am doing a national psychological presentation at a conference next week AND having 65 of the top california lawyers to my house a week from thursday. Can we say stress boys and girls?

just venting. thanks.
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Hey JUDDDers!!

I am still JUDDDing away! I am also doing the M&E fast, but JUDDD style. I took a break over the weekend. I am kinda scared to do it too many days in a row. I did low carb years back to perfection with no results. I know it was my thyroid looking back, but I also think I was just too low in carbs. I had GREAT results with the M&E fast for 3 days....maybe I should continue to get to goal. Sorry for the rambling...just thinking outloud.

janetaz - I have a harder time right before TOM, and have had some failed DD's because of it....but most of the time I just white knuckle my way through it. It is always harder for me though!

Hypothyroid

Mini-goals:
120 115 110
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #38
Senior LCF member

Gina-
I certainly wouldn't mind "thigh-ing away" myself. My thighs have always been a problem--genetics because my mother had the same problem as well as her sister. Now that I've lost so much, I also have 'blobs' of loose skin to deal with there--but better that than fat!

Ouis-
Sorry about all that stress. Just keep saying to yourself, "If hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the solution." By the way, I never have any problem with not wanting my 'usual foods'--either UD or DD. I eat almost anything, any time. Is it any wonder I've had weight problems all my life?

Michelle-

I know you don't have much to lose, but I'd be wary of staying on M/E too long, especially with your hypo. As Kisha pointed out recently, VLC is great for getting into keep ketosis and killing appetite--which can be done with 3-4 days. Beyond that, you're going to have problems transitioning to normal eating, even low carb. Because the M/E keeps your body so depleted in terms of water, even the few carbs in green veggies will produce a 'gain' that can be disappointing.

My suggestion is always that as you approach "goal," you want to be eating the same way you intend to eat for the rest of your life to maintain. Also keep in mind that 'goal' should not be a number but a range--e.g., 120-130 or 115-125--otherwise, you'll just drive yourself nuts.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:09 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What Leo Said
Old 05-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Just checking in to say that today is day 3 of induction level carbs. So far, so good.
Hoping the appetite will be gone by end of today. Weighed 156 today. Bummer.
I guess I better change my stats! Maybe one more day..................so pathetic.

Good luck with today Ouis! Stay strong.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #41
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes Leo, I would rather deal with empty blobs that full-of-fat blobs too. Luckily, I don't have too much loose skin so I am holding out hope for some firming. Not that I think a bikini is ever in my future. I wore my last bikini to my 9th birthday swimming party and looking back, I probably shouldn't have done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Gina! You crack me up too!

The other problem is that both of my parents are in the hospital right now and I am doing a national psychological presentation at a conference next week AND having 65 of the top california lawyers to my house a week from thursday. Can we say stress boys and girls?

just venting. thanks.
I'm glad someone else thinks my jokes are funny. My kids don't say it out loud, but they probably think I'm a goober.

Sorry about yur parents. That lawyer party does sound stressful. Be sure to roll up your garden hoses or you might find yourself with a big lawsuit on your hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSugarShell View Post
Hey JUDDDers!!

I am still JUDDDing away! I am also doing the M&E fast, but JUDDD style. I took a break over the weekend. I am kinda scared to do it too many days in a row. I did low carb years back to perfection with no results. I know it was my thyroid looking back, but I also think I was just too low in carbs. I had GREAT results with the M&E fast for 3 days....maybe I should continue to get to goal. Sorry for the rambling...just thinking outloud.
Me too. I was up a couple of pounds on Monday from the break but they are gone now so I'm hoping for some VFT as I finish out the week. This little schedule really isn't bad, my hunger is in control and I feel great, so I'll keep it up as long as it works.

My stats say I'm 1 lb away from goal, but really it's more like about 30. 175 seemed like a far away dream when I started and honestly I was just hoping to lose about 25 lbs so my clothes would fit and I could breathe.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #42
Senior LCF member

Snaggle, please! The difference between 156 and 152 can be weight fluctuations in one day. Don't sweat it. Just remind yourself that 156 is a lot better than 256, and that's where you'd probably be right now if you hadn't taken control of your life! Be happy and be good to yourself!

Gina-
You are SO right about goal! When I started way back at over 300, I had no goal at all in mind--just to get myself in a better place. Right now, I think I want to stop at 165 because 1) with my loose skin, that's probably no higher than 145 because, 2) I'm already wearing clothes in sizes (10-12 top; 14-16 pants) that I last wore when I was 14 and weighed 130 [very, very briefly]. This means in about 12 more lbs. Then I just want to maintain a while and see if I can firm up a little more. I've read that it really takes about 2 years for the skin to adjust, but at my age, it may never adjust--but I really don't care. I find this loss totally amazing, bordering on the miraculous.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post

Michelle-

I know you don't have much to lose, but I'd be wary of staying on M/E too long, especially with your hypo. As Kisha pointed out recently, VLC is great for getting into keep ketosis and killing appetite--which can be done with 3-4 days. Beyond that, you're going to have problems transitioning to normal eating, even low carb. Because the M/E keeps your body so depleted in terms of water, even the few carbs in green veggies will produce a 'gain' that can be disappointing.

My suggestion is always that as you approach "goal," you want to be eating the same way you intend to eat for the rest of your life to maintain. Also keep in mind that 'goal' should not be a number but a range--e.g., 120-130 or 115-125--otherwise, you'll just drive yourself nuts.

Leo - I think you are right and that is why I get nervous when I try to stay too low carb for too long. That is not how I plan to maintain, so I have to be very careful how I get to goal. I am going to do meat and eggs maybe 1 or 2 days a week and continue to JUDDD. I will make sure I am getting some carbs on other days. I think I can get to goal like that!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #44
Senior LCF member

Michelle-

It was Jenny (BloodSugar101) who mentioned that as we approach goal, we have to be sure that we're eating as we intend to maintain. I worry about that because I have to keep my calories so low to lose. What I think I'll do as I get close is gradually add to my DD calories--perhaps in 100 cal increments per week until I stop losing. I'd hope that I can maintain on 600-800 cal DDs.

We work so hard to get here; we certainly don't want to screw it up after we've 'arrived'
Old 05-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #45
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Michelle-

It was Jenny (BloodSugar101) who mentioned that as we approach goal, we have to be sure that we're eating as we intend to maintain. I worry about that because I have to keep my calories so low to lose. What I think I'll do as I get close is gradually add to my DD calories--perhaps in 100 cal increments per week until I stop losing. I'd hope that I can maintain on 600-800 cal DDs.

We work so hard to get here; we certainly don't want to screw it up after we've 'arrived'

Didn't you get to do a little maintenence experiment on your last cruise? Like 800 or 1000 on DD?
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:15 PM   #46
Senior LCF member

Yeah, Kisha, I tried maintaining, and it actually seemed to work! In addition, I had more carbs than usual on that cruise. Our travel agent gifted us with a bottle of wine, and my companion doesn't drink, so I polished that off during the 2 weeks (no more than one drink every second or third day). And my sister gave us a box of Belgian chocolates, and I had those as well (no more than one piece every third day or so). And I didn't gain!

I'm not sure, but I think I averaged about 800 cal. on my DDs. However, I didn't eat 'freely' on UDs (but I didn't count carefully either). I think that's going to be my future--i.e., I will always have to 'watch' what I eat, but that no longer bothers me at all. I really like the sense of control over food that JUDDD has given me, and I never want to lose it.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #47

Quote:
Yeah, Kisha, I tried maintaining, and it actually seemed to work! In addition, I had more carbs than usual on that cruise. Our travel agent gifted us with a bottle of wine, and my companion doesn't drink, so I polished that off during the 2 weeks (no more than one drink every second or third day). And my sister gave us a box of Belgian chocolates, and I had those as well (no more than one piece every third day or so). And I didn't gain!

I'm not sure, but I think I averaged about 800 cal. on my DDs. However, I didn't eat 'freely' on UDs (but I didn't count carefully either). I think that's going to be my future--i.e., I will always have to 'watch' what I eat, but that no longer bothers me at all. I really like the sense of control over food that JUDDD has given me, and I never want to lose it.

I just KNOW you'll be able to maintain! It might take some adjustments but I know you'll get it just right
Old 05-06-2010, 04:23 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Hi Guys....although I have tried JUDDING a number of ways (most recently 800cal DD and 1800 cal UD), it still seems to trigger a binge factor for me. I left for vacation at the beginning of April and was gone for 3 weeks and when I returned realized I needed a different WOE. Portion control is a big problem of mine and I just couldn't seem to get my UD's under control with JUDD.

Have done something I swore I would never do again and have returned to WW. I've done WW at least 15-20 times since 1968 and never reached goal. Have been inspired again by a good friend who I was on vacation with for part of that time and have decided to give it one last hurrah!

I have continued to lurk here as I for some reason feel so in tune with this group (silly, when most of my time has been spent lurking, not participating ). Leo...SOOO proud of you hitting the 170's...you will always be my inspiration. I just love the determination of you all and Kisha, certainly hope you get some answers at your appointment today. I wish you all the best on your journey. I so believe in the concept of JUDD, but just couldn't make it work for me. Maybe if I ever make it to maintenance, I can revisit.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:23 AM   #49
Senior LCF member

Sherrie-
Stay with us! We can support you with WW, too. I firmly believe that there's no 'one right' plan for everyone. We all have to find our own way. If you told me 2 years ago that I'd be doing JUDDD, I'd have told you that you were 'nuts.' When I step back and look at it objectively, it seems much too radical for conservative me. And yet, it's been my weight loss salvation.

I hope WW is that for you. Sherrie, please take it one day at a time and try to enjoy the journey. Remember to be good to yourself.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:57 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Good to have you back here sherrie! WW has helped a lot of people and if nothing else, is good for getting a handle on portion control. As Leo said, we all are different and follow a different path on our weight loss journeys. Another thing I have learned as I approach 50 (40 years of dieting) is that what worked before, may not work now and vice-versa. The portion thing is a huge step and for some folks, the only step. Perhaps a few weeks or months of that WOE will give you the tools to switch back JUDDD. Either way, we will be here for support.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #51
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Hi Guys....although I have tried JUDDING a number of ways (most recently 800cal DD and 1800 cal UD), it still seems to trigger a binge factor for me. I left for vacation at the beginning of April and was gone for 3 weeks and when I returned realized I needed a different WOE. Portion control is a big problem of mine and I just couldn't seem to get my UD's under control with JUDD.

Have done something I swore I would never do again and have returned to WW. I've done WW at least 15-20 times since 1968 and never reached goal. Have been inspired again by a good friend who I was on vacation with for part of that time and have decided to give it one last hurrah!
I'm with Leo and Snaggle, stay and hang around. WW works well for many people and no one will twist your arm to eat the 100 calorie packs or use your points on Twinkies. I think WW gets a bad rap just like Atkins- both can be done many different ways, some healthy, some not.

I have some happy, happy news today. I FINALLY, this morning, at about 5:45, hit that 175 lb goal that has been in my stats for over two years.

I had given myself an extra little push of trying to get it done by a trip I am going on tomorrow and am so happy I made that too.

UD for me today, but I am staying VLC with eggs & butter for breakfast, chicken burgers and swiss cheese for lunch and something made out of hamburger for dinner (I don't know yet, but it is thawing right now at home so there is no going back). I'll do a DD tomorrow while we drive and then loosen up over the weekend. This pattern hasn't been to hard to follow and I hope the calorie cycling and the free(er) weekends keep me from stalling or hurting my thyroid.

Have a great JUDDD day everyone!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:01 AM   #52
Senior LCF member

Congratulations, Gina!

It's always good to hit a 'magic number,' but keep in mind that there will be fluctuations, and that doesn't mean gain--just our hormones in action. I think it was Mammapo who pointed out that we should think of our ideal weight as a range rather than a number.

I know this isn't your ideal weight, but it's so great that you've hit a number that's eluded you for so long. I came to JUDDD because I couldn't seem to stay under 250--and now I can't imagine dealing with those numbers.

In a few months, you'll be wondering why you ever worried about getting to 175 when you're so much smaller then.

By the way, this calorie cycling is ideal for protecting the thyroid. According to Dr. J, it takes the body at least 48 hrs to react to very low calories (which is why he advises so strongly against consecutive DDs), and since I can barely manage the 24hrs of each DD, I think I'm OK. Certainly, in the year+ that I've been doing JUDDD, there's been no sign of any problem with my thyroid or anything else in my 4-month checkups. It's true that I've raised my level of Cytomel, but according to my endo, that's the expected progression of my Hashimoto's and not due to low calories.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #53
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Congratulations, Gina!

It's always good to hit a 'magic number,' but keep in mind that there will be fluctuations, and that doesn't mean gain--just our hormones in action. I think it was Mammapo who pointed out that we should think of our ideal weight as a range rather than a number.

I know this isn't your ideal weight, but it's so great that you've hit a number that's eluded you for so long. I came to JUDDD because I couldn't seem to stay under 250--and now I can't imagine dealing with those numbers.

In a few months, you'll be wondering why you ever worried about getting to 175 when you're so much smaller then.

By the way, this calorie cycling is ideal for protecting the thyroid. According to Dr. J, it takes the body at least 48 hrs to react to very low calories (which is why he advises so strongly against consecutive DDs), and since I can barely manage the 24hrs of each DD, I think I'm OK. Certainly, in the year+ that I've been doing JUDDD, there's been no sign of any problem with my thyroid or anything else in my 4-month checkups. It's true that I've raised my level of Cytomel, but according to my endo, that's the expected progression of my Hashimoto's and not due to low calories.
I think you are right about the range. I have 145-150 in mind. I am just guessing really since I have never weighed that little since about 6th grade. My aunt and grandmother have about the same build as me and both look good at that weight and it is in the middle of "normal" for my height so I'll give it a go. I put 146 in my stats because the number 246 is pemanently burned into by brain as the weight that finally got me to do something. I vividly remember standing on the scale staring at it, thinking "How did I get here?" Of course, I waited another week or so and eventually got to 250, but 246 was the number that got me thinking seriously about losing.

I joked all along about how I was going to write a book... How I Lost a Hundred Pounds and Ran a Marathon, but now that I have lost 75 and have run a half marathon, it doesn't seem so impossible.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:22 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
I'm with Leo and Snaggle, stay and hang around. WW works well for many people and no one will twist your arm to eat the 100 calorie packs or use your points on Twinkies. I think WW gets a bad rap just like Atkins- both can be done many different ways, some healthy, some not.

I have some happy, happy news today. I FINALLY, this morning, at about 5:45, hit that 175 lb goal that has been in my stats for over two years.

I had given myself an extra little push of trying to get it done by a trip I am going on tomorrow and am so happy I made that too.

UD for me today, but I am staying VLC with eggs & butter for breakfast, chicken burgers and swiss cheese for lunch and something made out of hamburger for dinner (I don't know yet, but it is thawing right now at home so there is no going back). I'll do a DD tomorrow while we drive and then loosen up over the weekend. This pattern hasn't been to hard to follow and I hope the calorie cycling and the free(er) weekends keep me from stalling or hurting my thyroid.

Have a great JUDDD day everyone!
Congrats Gina!! That is great! My goal is so close, but yet sooo far! You give me hope!
Old 05-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #55
Senior LCF member

Hi Gina-

That's a good way to choose an ideal weight--checking out relatives with a similar build, etc. The way Mammapo explained this 'range' thing (that I like) is that say 146 is your 'ideal.' Then you should use a range of 140-150. What that means is you try to maintain at 146 and weigh regularly (I weigh weekly now and that's what I plan to do in maintenance as well--daily would drive me nuts.) If you find yourself going down close to 140, that's a sign that you're not eating enough, and if you find the scale creeping up near 150, it's time for a DD!

I like this idea of using the scale for diagnostic purposes rather than as judge of my moral worth--i.e., scale movement is simply a sign of some change that requires adjustment from me.

You'll be at 146 before too long!
Old 05-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gina--congrats on the milestone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are some significant numbers for us aren't there!

Leo--that range idea is marvelous.

Hardest damn DD in forever. I have wanted to chew my arm off--Almost time for dinner THANK GOD. Hope that means some kind of loss and not just a hard day for no reason .

grumpy grump grump
Old 05-06-2010, 06:14 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Hi Everyone!!! I have been trying to get my thyroid meds regulated. Needed to cut back because I felt I was getting too much (didn't lose weight though). Now at half a grain in the am and half a grain in the pm, I feel quite well. I just read Leo's post about the 48 hour safety net for people with low thyroid, so I'm going to give JUDDD another go 'round. There is a special event at the Minnesota Orchestra Hall in October. I'm planning on going with my very dear friend of almost 40 years. I want to look nice when we go. BTW, we're going to hear Engelbert Humperdinck at the Orchestra Hall. I always really loved his voice. Here's a video of him singing in the 1980's; and another when he's almost 74 years old. Still so handsome - I'm soooo looking forward to this.

Anyway, it will be nice to chat with all of you again. Monday will be my first DD in quite a while. Looking forward to being with all of you again!!

Last edited by Redeemed; 05-06-2010 at 06:15 PM..
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

redeemed! Gal! Missed ya! Old JUDDDers always come back! Cause it is the best! You will look great for your show with the old hunk--
Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 PM   #59

SHERRI - girl don't go! Stay and lurke at the very least. We've built our little community here haven't we?

GINA - I die of humongous happiness for you my friend!

RE Binge Eating (Sherri) I think this is something we can agree on... I remember it coming up during the early months of last year. Its my opinion that JUDD is absolutely NOT RIGHT for anyone with binge eating tendencies... and I think it can even activate this tendency in people who haven't experienced it before. To me its the main "danger" of extreme WOE like this one.

I will do full update of my doctor appointment tomorrow. I love my doctor. I love him. I feel amazing. He told me "we will get you healed" "we will get there" and I believe him. I'll post some more but long story short I'm so happy.

ALSO, for all of us I told him about JUDD and he was FASCINATED he thought the theory behind it (not SIRT1) but the theory of fooling your body by not doing consecutive DD is VERY SOUND and S/B effective. He also couldn't believe I stuck with it for three straight months PLUS when I didn't lose a pound (after prior endo cut my meds) and thinks as I get more optimized I should be able to do it again he likes the concept! So in addition to Leo's Endo thats another doctor thumbs up for us!

I HEART U GUYS SO BUNCH.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:41 PM   #60
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay Kisha! I'm so glad he is helping you. I look forward to the full report. I'm going out of town tomorrow about 10:30. Try not to let work or anything silly like that get in the way of posting, I'd hate to have to wait until Sunday night to find out what happened.