Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 05:24 AM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Good Morning JUDDDers!

Drum Roll please........117.6! I am in shock. I actually lost 2 lbs since last Saturday when I hit a low. JUDDD seems to work better for me after a few weeks. I have a big UP weekend planned, but I have to admit seeing the number this morning will help keep me on track!

Kisha -I am glad to see you doing well and good luck with Body for Life! Please let us know how your doing.
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2010, 05:39 AM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
631424rbg3g5r2aw.gif

Michelle congrats018.gif

Annie I admire you for hanging in there even though the scale is slow. This woe is hard but works well for so many people. However, for me, the first time around with JUDDD it worked well as a thyroid barometer. That egg drop soup sounds like a winner - high in protein.

Leo I was thinking when I woke up this morning that I had such a long way to go in getting this weight off. I thought of you and how you struggled in the beginning of JUDDD - and now look where you are 16 months later!!! I don't say lightly that you are a very inspiring person.

I'm down 2 pounds this morning:

Weekk one: 10 pounds lost
Week two: Zero lost
Week three: Two pounds lost

ETA: leonak I received an e-mail from admins saying it is alright to post the name of the soup but not okay to post a link to that product. So, the name of the soup is Soluppa. It's easy to find on-line. Feel free to post anytime as we enjoy seeing how others are succeeding and welcome people who need support.

Last edited by Redeemed; 05-29-2010 at 05:46 AM..
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:09 AM   #333
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Michelle-

Consistency is the key to JUDDD (in my opinion)--and you can see the results for yourself. Kudos. The good news about your weekend (again from my JUDDD experience) is that it only takes a DD or two to remedy any damage (as long as you don't go crazy with calories:-)

Redeemed-

You're doing great! If you think about it, that's 4 lbs a week for three weeks, so that's a terrific loss. As you can see from my experience, weight loss is not linear--our bodies do it at their own pace. The best we can do is just stay on plan.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunnie71
Stats: -47 pounds and many more to go!
WOE: LC and Breastfeeding
WTG for all of you who were down on the scales today. I am going to try my hardest not to weigh for another week so not this morning for me.

Yesterday's DD turned into a disaster. For some reason I was just uber hungry and it was becoming painful. I ended up with 1200 calories so back on the wagon today.

Busy day ahead. I will try and catch up tonight
Sunnie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:50 AM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Annie There is a lot of conversing on the JUDDD threads about this woe being "very forgiving". It just takes a couple of days to undo the weight gain which is usually minimal for a high calorie day. Try not to dispair.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:59 PM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Hi all--I am back from my MIL's funeral and shiva week. I stayed low carb which was a huge accomplishment given the baked goods and bagels cream cheese and lox that were available every evening for a week--very tired--it has been an intense month without much of a break. I am hoping things, including JUDDD, can start to get back to normal now. Went thru and read the threads--good job everyone!

Ouis
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:08 AM   #337
Senior LCF member

Welcome back, Ouis. I hope you have a chance to relax and re-energize. Death in the family is always stressful, both physically and psychologically, as you well know. And coming right along with your parents' illness and your own professional presentation, you must be totally exhausted.

Wishing you some happy days.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:25 AM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back Ouis. I hope you and your family have a peaceful and relaxing weekend.

Yesterday's UD went a little over the top. I woke up upset that I had done that. At least it's early enough in my weekly rotation of UD's and DD's that I should most likely be able to undue the damage before I weigh next Sunday. My goal with JUDDD is to lose 2 pounds a week. That's why I keep a struct alternating every other day schedule; and I really don't mind the extra structure.

Last edited by Redeemed; 05-30-2010 at 05:26 AM..
Old 05-30-2010, 07:59 AM   #339
Senior LCF member

Redeemed-

Two pounds a week is really ambitious. Keep in mind that even though you're medicated, hypos tend to have a slower metabolism and lose weight more slowly. It will be marvelous if you can manage 2 lbs a wee, but I don't want you to be disappointed if it's less.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:31 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

I think I will know more within the next couple of weeks how much weight I can anticipate losing weekly. I really need to concentrate on staying on plan. At the end of this week, it will be a month on plan with JUDDD. I get my thyroid and blood sugar tested this week. My sugar consumption has decreased dramatically since starting JUDDD. Also I had a cut in thyroid hormone dosage 6 weeks ago. So, I'm looking forward to the results of my tests.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:35 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone. Just popping in to say Hi. I am still alive, but I have to be out of my apartment by tomorrow so I will be packing for the next 2 days straight.

I am off plan currently. I can't concentrate on this move and dieting. Its just too hard to keep up and STRESSFUL! I will be back at it in Tuesday.

I have been reading up on this stuff on the University website. Lots of information about IF. Sounds like JUDDD is a great way to get healthy.

Everyone have a great weekend. Happy Memorial Day!
Old 05-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #342
Senior LCF member

Redeemed-

I know you're a nurse, so I don't have to tell you to make sure to get copies of all your lab work! Do you have blood sugar problems, or are you just concerned? My fasting is always in the mid-90s, and that concerns me because I don't eat any sugar at all--not even fruit. But my endo isn't concerned at all. My A1c is usually 5.2 or 5.3, and he says that's more important.

Interestingly, I came across an article by a doctor who eats low carb, and he said that long-term low carb eaters often have a fasting BG in the mid-90s, but it's just an 'illusion' of high BG. Last time I gave blood they sent me a BG reading, and it had been several hours after I'd eaten--and it was
72. Since there's so much diabetes2 in my family, I try to monitor this.

Annie-

Good luck with your move! I loathe moving more than almost anything--and I can certainly understand your stress level. I was really fortunate because my last 2 moves were while working for the Federal government, and they pay for the movers to pack you! Unfortunately, they don't unpack
Old 05-30-2010, 02:46 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Leo My last fasting BS level was 102. So, as you can well-imagine, my doctor monitors my levels closely. I'm hoping that with weight loss and a healthier diet, that my BS reading will go down so I don't develop Type II. If I see any improvement at all, I will be encouraged. My doctor e-mails me my lab results, so I have them saved on-line. When I have testing done at HealthcheckUSA, I save the printed report they send me. Thanks to thyroid meds and JUDDD I am no longer on blood pressure medicine. So, that's encouraging.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:32 AM   #344
Senior LCF member

Redeemed-
I eat the way I do for health, and trying to avoid Type2 is a big part of that because I have 2 sisters who have developed it--both much younger than I am. I've also come to believe that sugar doesn't benefit me at all, so it's not so difficult for me to avoid it completely--if fact, abstinence has really helped 'cure' my terrific sweet tooth.

Does your doctor also do an A1C? It's much more reliable as a measure of blood glucose than just the fasting number.

As I'm sure you know, getting off BP meds is a terrific accomplishment because that stuff is potent!
Old 05-31-2010, 02:36 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

morning001.gif

Michelle:

I hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day. DH went up North fishing and won't be home until Thursday. I'm staying home to babysit the dog and cat. I'm up at the crack of dawn - DD insomnia. Have been up since 2 a.m. Unusually difficult DD yesterday - managed to stay around 500 calories. I took the product Cinnergen yesterday morning because I want to see if it makes a difference in my blood sugar readings when I go in for a fasting bs test. I am going to schedule the test in one week so I'll know if this stuff works. It's supposed to have an effect in seven days. My scale is down another two pounds since Saturday, so maybe it's the Cinnergen?

Last edited by Redeemed; 05-31-2010 at 02:38 AM..
Old 05-31-2010, 03:10 AM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Leo My doctor does not test A1C - just fasting glucose. Perhaps she would test A1C if I developed a full blown case of Type II. That's just a guess, I really don't know her rationale as she has never discussed this with me. You must feel very pleased at your progress and the probability that you have dodged Type II with your weight loss and low carb. My dad developed diabetes when he had pancreatic surgery. None of my sisters or brother have developed Type II and their all older than I am.

Last edited by Redeemed; 05-31-2010 at 03:12 AM..
Old 05-31-2010, 09:45 AM   #347
Senior LCF member

Wow, Redeemed, another 2 lbs since Saturday That's terrific.

I am still struggling. I had a friend to dinner, and although all my 'leftovers' are low carb, there's just too much food in this house for a DD! But I'm coping so far; I just keep telling myself that I'll eat it tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:42 AM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning! How is everyone doing?

I finally finished the move about 10 last night. I am beat dog tired, and sore as heck.

I have decided to do 72 hours of very low carb to kick the cravings and get into ketosis, then start a modified IF program Sunday. I am going to do the alternate day 500 calories, but eat the calories between 12 and 2:00. All the research I have done indicates that this gives the same benefits of going without any calories at all for 24 hours.

Its going to be tough, but I think after being off plan for these last few days moving I have a good baseline of normal eating, normal weight in order to better judge how well the IF is working.

Hope everyone is well. I will check in later.
Sunnie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Sunnie--come on over to the June JUDDD thread!
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote