Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 08:29 AM   #211
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/213/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSugarShell View Post
Hey JUDDDers!

I am still JUDDDing along, and losing. Super slow of course. Anyway, I know I shouldn't get sucked in to whats going on in the ML, but I am going to try the meat and egg fast, but JUDDD style. Basically, still do UD and DD, but only with meat and eggs. I have never done it before and I think it will help tremendously with my appetite. That is my main reason for doing it.
It got me too. I did my UD yesterday with eggs and chicken. The good news is I hit a new low after an UD instead of being up a couple of lbs.

I went overboard this past weekend and started my DD Monday up almost 5 lbs. A normal DD took care of 2.5 lbs and yesterday (chicken, eggs, butter and mayo) took care of another 2.5 lbs. I'm sure it was a lot of water because I must have been carbed-up, but so be it. You have to ditch the water to start on the fat.

I know slow and steady is really the right way to go (Leo is right of course, she always is), but I have that 175 goal in my stats that I have been hovering within 10 lbs of for 10 months! It is taunting me. When I make that, I plan on setting a new goal so I'm not ready to maintain, by jeez I would just like to make it. It would be a mental boost even though I (and you guys of course) am the only one who knows about it or what the scale is saying. And I could really use a boost after my long fall & winter of thyroid-induced misery.

Enough of my whining. Have a great JUDDD day everyone!

3/24/14- She is Beautiful 10k- I won!, 7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won!, 9/14/14- Title 9K, 11/?/14- looking for a late fall race, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 08:46 AM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSugarShell View Post
Hey JUDDDers!

I am still JUDDDing along, and losing. Super slow of course. Anyway, I know I shouldn't get sucked in to whats going on in the ML, but I am going to try the meat and egg fast, but JUDDD style. Basically, still do UD and DD, but only with meat and eggs. I have never done it before and I think it will help tremendously with my appetite. That is my main reason for doing it.

I went almost 2 weeks without dairy and I really did feel better, but it didn't help with weight loss at all. I added some back in over the weekend and boy oh boy did it upset my stomach. That was not pretty. So I think I will stay away from it for now. It really doesn't seem to agree with me. I sure wish staying away from it would speed up the weight loss.

Kisha - So glad to hear you are getting in to see your doctor earlier.

Happy JUDDDing everyone!
Hey Girl... well i think we've all sort of chimed in on the m/e thing... here's my take... I think its really most effective as a tool to get into deep ketosis. Meaning doing it for a couple of days will shed some water weight and usually bring on whatever appetite supressing benefits you get from ketosis (we're all different on how much of that benefit we get LOL) As a tool for permanently dropping some LBS my experience is it doesn't really work since they tend to bounce back up as veg is re-added. That said I tend to do the m/e thing more on occasional UDs. I like to have the added fat to make it bearable otherwise its too stillmansee for me. Meanling zero carb virtually fat free and low calorie is too restrictive. I like to have more carbs on my DD... I like to eat my VEG on my DD! So anyways its not a heinous idea for a coupla days but I don't think longer really has any point. Also there's the whole too low carb is bad for hypo which I believe yet STILL FIGHT and STILL have a hard time sticking with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Hey Michelle!

I did this--JUDDD with M/E on my uds. I think Leo posted about having the weight return when you stopped the m/e and that is what happened to me. I also suffered a little "minirebellion" --which I am prone to do--I think too much deprivation of any kind makes my eating disorder/binge feelings surface--

So--It has been 10 days or so off of JUDDD and I am ready to go back to my DDs today. What worries me is that during those 10 days I ate lowcarb and moderately and I clearly gained back a fair amount of weight--

So--just a cautionary tail--I think some people don't have the same reactivity to deprivation that I have--it is so easy on LCF to get swept up into the latest craze--I feel sometimes like taking a break from the boards so that my brain isn't so easily infected!

moral of the story--I am back to JUDDD and still trying to figure out my UDs--

Ouis
Well welcome back to DD... are you doing one today? I'm curious how quickly you'll shed your bounce up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
It got me too. I did my UD yesterday with eggs and chicken. The good news is I hit a new low after an UD instead of being up a couple of lbs.

I went overboard this past weekend and started my DD Monday up almost 5 lbs. A normal DD took care of 2.5 lbs and yesterday (chicken, eggs, butter and mayo) took care of another 2.5 lbs. I'm sure it was a lot of water because I must have been carbed-up, but so be it. You have to ditch the water to start on the fat.

I know slow and steady is really the right way to go (Leo is right of course, she always is), but I have that 175 goal in my stats that I have been hovering within 10 lbs of for 10 months! It is taunting me. When I make that, I plan on setting a new goal so I'm not ready to maintain, by jeez I would just like to make it. It would be a mental boost even though I (and you guys of course) am the only one who knows about it or what the scale is saying. And I could really use a boost after my long fall & winter of thyroid-induced misery.

Enough of my whining. Have a great JUDDD day everyone!
O man girl you're so close! You're my inspiration again i'd love to catch up to you (again) one of these days. For those of you that don't know Gina and I have been weight loss twins and thread buddies for maybe close to two years here on LCF! She's gotten ahead of me on weight loss but continued to inspire me
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:55 AM   #213

My first Downish Day in awhile

okay... so I've been told by several people I look up to here on LCF NOT TO DIET RIGHT NOW. But here's the thing... I can't handle it! I've been "NOT DIETING" since my Dr. Appointment 4/7. Meaning I've been doing pretty much low carb sometimes watching my calories sometimes not and also I've had some slips. And by slips I mean chocolate chips LOL. The good news is I haven't had any real binging since that appointment though like I said I have had some sugar. The good news about this is that I have absolutely stopped GAINING WEIGHT which is amazing since I was steadily gaining for about the last six months no matter what I did. So thats awesome. I'm maybe even down a couple LBS but with the way my weight bounces its just hard to say. I surely have not gained.

I just am SO UNCOMFORTABLE! I do not even want to do things I normally do because I feel uber FAT. I'm up more than 25LBS from my low low last summer and don't fit in the jeans I was wearing for over a year! I have still come a long way from where I started but I'm not happy with where I am today. Make sense.

So I've really concluded that NOT DIETING is NOT FOR THIS PIRATE. I hate it. I hate it.

ALSO, I just decided I'm going on a Heavy Metal Cruise next January. Thats January 24-29 2011. ALSO I'm going to new York at the end of August this year (HOPE TO MEET UP WITH LEO!!!! ) and it will be hot and humid and the less fat I can be by then the better.

RE The Heavy Metal cruise OMG you've got to see this: 70000 Tons of METAL this is totally my idea of the MOST FUN EVER and I cannot freaking wait.

okay, so, i'm going to do a downish day today. It also looks very low carb which is just how it happened based on the food I've got available:

Calories 850
Fat 67.3 598 70 %
Carbohydrate 7.3 29 3 %
Dietary Fiber 0.0
Protein 55.3 223 26 %

Its way high in fat for a DD also but again thats because of something I had pre-made and need to eat today.

Anyways thats my plan and I'm excited. For the next little while I'm hoping to do two or three DDs a week under 1000 calories each.

HAPPY JUDDING SISTERS.

Last edited by Ilpirata; 04-28-2010 at 08:56 AM..
Old 04-28-2010, 09:28 AM   #214
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

We'll be back together soon. I know it. back at 'ya.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:36 AM   #215

Quote:
We'll be back together soon. I know it. back at 'ya.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #216
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Now if you just start running... we can do the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in San Jose. You're going on a Heavy Metal cruise, that's about the same as a Rock and Roll race, right? Both have music.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:18 AM   #217

Quote:
Now if you just start running... we can do the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in San Jose. You're going on a Heavy Metal cruise, that's about the same as a Rock and Roll race, right? Both have music.

have I ever mentioned that I'd rather lose weight through amputation than through exercise? LOL HA just kidding. Um, girl though i hated I know its sorta non-negotiable for us HypO. At this point I'm trying to psyche myself back up for the 1 mile roundtrip WALK to the lightrail station every day! Remember when I lost 11 pounds in one month last year? Not sure if you were on JUDD yet. Anyways aside from having great bloodwork at that time (this is right before she cut my meds) I was walking to and from the lightrail that month and not driving to work.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #218
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Gina-
I know exactly how you feel. Before I discovered JUDDD, I lost and gained the same 10 lbs for just about a year. It was beyond frustrating! But Kisha is right--it's best for getting into ketosis and for dropping water weight quickly, so it's really best for 3-5 days max.

Kisha-
Let me say that I really admire how well you're dealing with this setback. I know how you struggled to get down to your VFT, and to then gain due to circumstances beyond your control must be agony. But you've got a great attitude, and keep in mind that a lot of this weight loss thing works best with a positive attitude.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
hey juddd budddds! How is everyone? UD for me, tho I am so far keeping it lowish--dinner out tonight, before a poetry reading, but I will try and keep dinner reasonable too--

Been making vlc shakes with glucomannan gel--makes a great thick shake--various flavours--lemon, mocha, raspberry--just changing up the flavouring to the gel and the ice cubes--a shake with some other lowcal lowcarb food and i am good to go!

tomorrow is a down day--but dinner out again (for the next 3 days). right now I am trying to keep my days down and my dinners reasonable--I guess more IFish than juddd-ish. I think my prolonged stall and then bump up has made me try for a little mainenance for the time being--but I still have 25 lbs to lose. grrr. stoopid female body.

Ouis
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Getting through a dd, have changed my MO; having all protein on my DD (hamburger, mostly) 3X200 cals. Higher than I was doing, but I really feel short on protein, mostly can tell it because my hair is falling out more than usual, and I am feeling weaker than usual.
Will eat the vegs on my UDs. For now it feels like the right thing to do, will see what it does for a few cycles. I do feel stronger today, got more done, exercised without feeling exhausted. Things change, sure hope I can get back on track pretty soon.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:33 AM   #221
Senior LCF member

Nitenurse-
I focus on protein on my DDs, too, because I believe that with my calorie restriction, there's a real danger of not getting enough protein. On my UDs, I still have to limit calories somewhat, so I barely get the minimum protein necessary, and that's why I eat mainly protein on DDs. Besides, it helps quell hunger

At one time, I asked Dr. Eades about JUDDD via his blog (he's author of Protein Power, which is a plan I used at one time and like). He saw no problem except cautioned about the importance of getting enough "quality protein" (which he means from real food, as you are doing).

So you're definitely doing the right thing. Today is a DD for me, and I mixed a pouch of wild salmon (120 cal) with some chopped celery (20) and a big T of low fat mayo (40). I ate most of it for breakfast, but I still have some for a snack later. If I need more food, it will be my egg-white "omelets" for 50 cal each. They are very filling and good protein.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:20 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janetaz
Stats: 198/189/135 restart 207.5/197.5/149
WOE: coming back to JUDDD!!
Start Date: restart JUDDD 7/4/14
Good Morning JUDDD friends! Can't believe that it is the end of April already! My rotation was a little off this week due to birthday celebrations. My goal was not to eat everything I felt like this weekend. I hit about 70% of that :blush:

I had a bit of dairy and it did upset my stomach a little bit. Leo's prior post about calories and dairy made a lot of sense to me. With low carb, I could base almost all my meals around all things dairy. I am not sure if it is a trigger, but I certainly overate dairy foods. Trying to keep meals simple with clean foods on both dd days and ud days.

Have a quick question for everyone: Does anyone occasionally do protein shakes on DDs after the induction period? I found a new coconut milk product that I use with a few berries and unsweetened whey powder for a quick dd workday breakfast. The premade shakes seem too sweet to me now.
janetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:35 AM   #223
Senior LCF member

janetaz-
If you can 'do' shakes, I think it's a great way to control calories. I couldn't even do them during the 'induction' period because somehow liquids don't equate to 'food' for me. I need more 'mouth action.'

But if they work for you, they're a really good choice, especially if you make your own because you can control the ingredients.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:52 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetaz View Post

Have a quick question for everyone: Does anyone occasionally do protein shakes on DDs after the induction period? I found a new coconut milk product that I use with a few berries and unsweetened whey powder for a quick dd workday breakfast. The premade shakes seem too sweet to me now.
Yes, I do protein shakes all the time on DD's. I use eggs, coconut milk, stevia and sometimes 1/4 of banana to make it creamier. Oh and some cocoa. It is awesome and filling. My whole family loves it.
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:24 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I do shakes on DDs--I use the unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk, flavourings and a little glucomannan powder (not necessary--I use it as a thickener)--I can make a large thick filling shake for as little as 35 calories or as many as 100 depending what I add--(e.g protein powder, cocoa powder, etc)
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:12 PM   #226
Senior LCF member

Tough DD today. I suspect that my success in reining in my UDs results in more hunger on DDs. Or this could just be something my body's doing to torture me

Either way, it's good that I'm used to DD hunger and know I can eat tomorrow