Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
interesting--all of us with thyroid stuff! I will have to investigate the whole iodine thing--

Good DD today--very little appetite or hunger all day--I attribute it to my eggfest yesterday--went ahead and had scrambled eggs for dinner tonight along with my psyllium oatmeal--very satisfied! Gonna do another eggfest tomorrow.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2010, 03:09 AM   #62
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Depressing Weekly Weigh In

I'm comforting myself that this wasn't a 'true' weigh in because yesterday became a MD--visiting relatives (I don't know how those of you who cook for a family keep a DD!), but I also think that weighing only after a DD gives a low weight that's probably a couple of pounds lower than 'normal.'

In any case, I was up 1.5 lbs from last Saturday, and I know the reason--darn UDs. I let myself be deluded into thinking I could eat like some of you and lose with 1800 or 2000 cal UDs. That's never been true for me. Unless I keep my UDs to 1400 cal, I can't lose. I'm like someone thinking they can start eating carbs again after they get to goal.

I'd convinced myself that the DDs would take care of those UD calories, but that's just a rationalization. So I have to really rein in my UDs. It isn't helping that the coming week is full of social events (unusual for me) that all involve restaurant food. I'm going to have to be especially careful this week because I want to see the scale going down again.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:43 AM   #63
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Sorry about the weigh-in Leo. I wish a good DD could take care of a too up an UD, but it doesn't work for me either. It's all in the UDs.

I am down a pound this morning. I actually hit an even lower weight Thursday, but then overdid an UD (not too much, but enough). I'm still pretty happy overall this week. So much happier than when I was gaining relentlessly.

I had a fun shopping experience last night. I try not to buy many clothes, since I am hoping not to stay this size too long, but my summer stuff is getting pretty threadbare and most of it fits like a sack. So last night DH and I go to our local Patagonia outlet (he is looking for a down jacket for high country backpacking).

I went back to the super mark-down corner and found some really cute pants for $19. I tired on a 12 and they fit & looked great. I noticed there was also a 10 in another color. I took those into the dresing room put them on. Too tight, but not too far off. I have never in my life worn a 10. I went straight from "Pretty Plus" in sixth grade to a 12/13 in 7th.

But wait, there's more. I noticed there was also an 8 in the same style, and they had been marked down to $9. I sell my nice stuff at a consignment store and would probably get more than that for them there, so I thought "What the heck?" and bought them without even trying them on.

I got home and started to put everything away. I was feeling pretty "thin" (the end of a successful DD does that for me) so I tried on the 8s. I pulled them up and even managed to zip them. It would frighten small children and pets to wear them outside the closet, but a pair of size 8 pants were physically on my body. That has never happened before.

I am planning a couple of RDs for this weekend, then back to school and another DD on Monday. Have a great JUDDD day everyone!

3/24/14- She is Beautiful 10k- I won!, 7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won!
9/14/14- Title 9K- I won!
11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Just a quick check in, still not getting back in a losing mode, all the dds turn into uds. So I am going back to basics for a few weeks and do Atkins induction for both dds and uds, and see what happens....sometimes I have to do basic things to find a starting point again, I get kind of lost in what worked before and what didn't.
This usually cuts my appetite, and actually is easier when I am away from home, too, can usually find some protein around somewhere. Will be intouch.
Congratulations to everyone that is doing so well, keep up the good work. (and work this is).
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:38 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all--I am back from my trip to the NorthWest--

looks like we all have a problem with our UDs. I have gone back to a kind of 0 carb UD--mostly eggs and a little pasteured butter during the day--mostly meat at night. Seems to be helping with keeping both my UD AND my DD hunger under control--and I think it is getting me back into losing mode.

I am def. in ketosis, and that helps! It is amazing how lowcarb I thought I was eating --and then to feel the difference when I get into ketosis! There is also something different about eggs--I have been testing my blood sugar when I am in that ketosis "can't take a bite of anything" feeling--my blood sugars are pretty low for me--low 80's--as opposed to my regular LC diet--when my sugars are in the low 90s. This tells me that I am much more insulin resistant than I thought I was and that even a LC diet is driving sugars and appetite in an unhelpful way.

soooo--as long as I can do it without getting too bored--I am going to zero carb it for a little while and see what happens--

to all

Ouis
Old 04-12-2010, 08:05 AM   #66
Senior LCF member

Nitenurse-
I think you are making a wise decision because I could not possibly control my appetite for JUDDD unless I ate very simply and very low carb. I lose best when I eat basic foods--no fancy recipes--just eggs, meat, fish, etc.

Ouis-
Had terrible day yesterday because my family visited and when they left at lunch time, I demolished all the leftovers. It was all primal--just two gigantic chicken salads (with avocado, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, etc.), but far too much food for me. Then I had a dinner engagement, and, again, it was a delicious low carb meal--tilapia over sauteed spinach--but I didn't need any more food!

This week's goal is to really control all UDs. I'd love to try all eggs (love eggs), but I usually don't eat yolks because of their inflammatory qualities, and I don't think all egg whites is enough nutrition. But I'm going to try to keep the carbs as low as possible by focusing on fish, meat, eggs.

I'm hoping all those calories yesterday will at least stimulate my T3 (which gets depressed on low calories) and might help if I go low this week. I truly want to get into the 170s decade this month.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #67
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

My UD was too up yesterday too. I am happy for a DD today. It sure was easy to pack my lunch.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:25 AM   #68
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
Checking IN...

I'm not doing DDs right now. I'm trying to eat moderate carbs (like 50 a day) and just control my eating staying 1600-1800 cals a day. i want to see what happens doing this as my meds are increased.

If I can do this without GAINING weight (which so far I'm not gaining even slowly dropping some) I'll be happy. I don't want to do too much calorie/carb restriction until I get more optimized.

But of course I'll still be here on the thread
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wise move Kisha--hope it all gets regulated asap

Leo--see below. I keep reading conflicting info about eggs and egg yolks--i have even heard the opposite--that the yolks protect against inflammation--Also I want to say that I am thinking that until I am at goal, primal eating is a wee bit too carby for me (who knew)!

Nutrition & Metabolism | Full text | Eggs modulate the inflammatory response to carbohydrate restricted diets in overweight men
Old 04-12-2010, 10:01 AM   #70
Senior LCF member

Ouis-

Why do you say that 'primal' is too carby for you?

My problem may be that I just take what I want from it--e.g., eliminating peanut butter. My primal is just plain meat, fish, eggs. I only do veggies when I want to, often cutting back on them for calories. And I certainly don't focus on adding fat. For me, the only difference between eating 'primal' and eating low carb has been the peanut butter thing.

The egg issue is a problem for me. Last month, my LDL had gone up about 40 points from my last appointment with my endo (4 months earlier), and the only dietary change I'd made was to whole eggs (which I love). He advised me to go back to egg whites, so that's what I'm trying to see if it makes a significant difference.

I don't use coconut oil (the rage on all these boards) for the same reason. My LDL shot up when I began using it and returned to normal as soon as I eliminated it.

Ironically, when he did the VAP test, my LDL was 100% pattern A, which is the 'good' kind. So if these rises are also Pattern A, they're really not negative. But 1) we don't know that without another test; 2) these doctors get so scared by numbers.

So I'm settling for egg white right now even though I know that whole eggs are such a perfect food.

Kisha-
I think you have an excellent plan. The goal should be to get optimized, and if you can also lose on higher calories/carbs, then that would be ideal. As you know, I only came to JUDDD in desperation.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

but see Leo--I don't know that dietary cholesterol necessarily equals blood cholesterol--if you don't mind sharing, what was your total LDL? Total cholesterol? I think if it is all big and fluffy type A, no worries at all!!!! Is your doc worried about Sat Fat, cause that is the only thing I can think of that would cause him to eliminate egg yolks. Have you tried Niacin? Hope I am not too nosy--just curious.

For me--"primal" meant too many veggies and a foray into fruit. blechhh. I know how you eat--lots of fish! You healthy girl, you!! and you are so much better than I with no AS --also primal--I guess I am just diffentiating in my head between "Primal" (which I would totally do at goal) and 0 carb (which I think I should shoot for just for the time being--getting appetite under control and hopefully losing weight!)
Old 04-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #72
Senior LCF member

Ouis: Oh, I see what you mean. No, I don't do any fruit or other things "permitted" on primal. I eat pretty much very low carb all the time.

On the cholesterol issue--I have no problems because my HDL is very high and my triglycerides are low. The recent VAP test proved that my LDL is all Pattern A. However, for years before that test, all my doctors complained about my LDL; it was about 160 (should be <130) and talked statins. I ignored them all because I knew I had no problem. But without taking anything (just my fish oil and eating healthily), my LDL dropped to about 120.

However, using coconut oil immediately spiked my cholesterol (it was too much of a coincidence to ignore--i.e., I used it, and my LDL jumped up 50 points in 4 months. I stopped it, and my LDL droppped exactly 50 points 4 months later. That was about a year ago. On my last visit to my endo, I had been eating whole eggs for the preceding 3 months, and my LDL was again up about 40 points. He asked if I had any dietary changes at all (since my numbers usually remain steady). I mentioned the eggs, and he suggested I return to the whites I'd been eating.

I could argue that he do another VAP test OR that my high HDL and low trigs indicate that the LDL number is irrelevant, but I actually like keeping my numbers in range and don't like any sudden elevations like that. So that's why I'm back to egg whites, which I've been eating for years.

By the way, despite rampant osteoarthritis, my CRP level is below the charts at .9, so I have no real worries about inflammation. I eat as I do to control pain--and it works.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Hi all- just checking in with my Juddd buddies. I have been so busy lately, I haven't been posting much. Still maintaining, although I really want to be losing. I am only getting in a couple of dd's a week and like many of you have been discussing, my ups
are not controlled. Had a long 4 day weekend (all up), so it feels very good to be having a strict dd today. This thread has me inspired to have eggs for dinner.

I am so fascinated by the ldl/inflammation, eggs, etc. discussion. The more I study, the less I am concerned about my cholesterol INTAKE. With high hdl/low trigs, I choose to ignore my dr.'s half-hearted advice to take statins. I say half-hearted because I think he is even getting a little skeptical about the whole thing.
I really hope and pray that the medical establishment and big-pharma brainwashed media will come around someday to what I think is the real culprit--- processed foods and too many carbs.
(okay, off my soapbox)
Also- Kisha, I am very happy about your Dr. visit and anxious to see the results!!
Take care everyone.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:24 AM   #74
Senior LCF member

Snaggle-

Some years ago, I read an article that indicated that primary doctors tend to believe that all their patients 'want' something from them--i.e., a prescription that will address some physical issue.

These days, they've been brainwashed by Big Pharma to believe that statins are essential to good health, so if the numbers are even slightly elevated, they immediately mention statins. I've found that when I resisted, they immediately backed off, so I suspect this is an example of that phenomenon--i.e., if the patient is expecting something, that individual will immediately agree to the statins, but if the patient resists, the doctor is not disturbed because the only purpose of the suggestion was to see if the patient 'wanted' something.

NEVER agree to take them UNLESS your numbers are raging high (LDL) and excessively low (HDL) and you also take a VAP test to measure particle size. One of my doctors many years ago told me that the only people who benefit from statins are those with a genetic defect that raises their cholesterol to astronomic levels at a young age. It's Big Pharma that's trying to get everyone on them.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:05 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Good Morning JUDDDers!

Kisha
- I am so glad you found a doctor that seems to know something about thyroid. I am anxious to see the results.

Well, I am doing pretty good. Hit a low on Saturday morning of 121.6. I haven't seen that in a while. Then I had 2 HUGE UD's over the weekend and went up 8 lbs. I retain water to the extreme. I am already a few down after a good DD yesterday, but it will be all week before I get back to where I was. I also felt like total crap yesterday and still feeling it a little today. I am realizing that I feel alot better and my appetite is more controlled on lower carb. Now, I need to use that knowledge!

Hypothyroid

Mini-goals:
120 115 110
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:08 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

by the way--on the Statin front--my understanding is that there is no evidence that statins benefit women's cardiovascular health in the least--no correlation between statin intake and decrease of CHD--no decrease in heart attack for women on statins. Men may benefit under certain conditions, but women no.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:39 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janetaz
Stats: 198/189/135 restart 207.5/197.5/149
WOE: coming back to JUDDD!!
Start Date: restart JUDDD 7/4/14
Just checking in to say hello! I was inspired to try "primal" eating from Leo and Ouis (sorry if I missed anyone else eating this way) and I have a new low this morning of 192.5!!! This is the lowest in about two months or longer.

Could dairy really hinder my weight loss that much? I am very surprised! Also, some of my nasal congestion has gone away and some of my stomach bloat.

Has anyone else cut out dairy and had the same experience?

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!
janetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:01 AM   #78
Senior LCF member

Good for you, Michelle--new low! But I tend to do the same thing. If I weigh on a Saturday morning and am thrilled by the low number, I proceed to overeat over the weekend and raise those numbers on the scale. When will I learn?

Ouis--I've read the same stuff about women not benefiting from statins. Personally, I would never take them, but fortunately my numbers don't indicate any issue that I'd have to fight a doctor over. Any doctor who insisted would be my ex-doctor. But, as I mentioned, they all backed down as soon as I said, "No way."

Janetaz-
I have lost a little better since I eliminated all dairy, but I'm not sure it was the dairy. I just know that I feel better without it, and since I love cheese (and thus am always tempted to overeat it), I'm better off without it.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:34 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

You guys have got me really interested in this "primal" eating. Is there a book or website you could direct me to for more information. I am following JUDDD, but not really much of a plan as to what to eat. Maybe some structure would help.

I have done without dairy before and it does make me feel better, but I didn't think it was helping me lose faster without it. I did force my husband to stop drinking glasses of milk before bed and he quit snoring. It took him a while to believe that was it. He feels better without it because he gets better quality sleep.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #80

Re Dairy: I cut this out for an entire month following the anti candida protocol. This was during my looooooooong stall that eventually lead to my HypO diagnosis. At that time it made not one bit of difference I didn't lose a single pound during that month.

Perhaps now that I am better medicated it would make a difference? Maybe. I don't think I'll try it though LOL. I could definately give up cheese though I love it but I'm not really interested in giving up my 1/2 and 1/2. Granted I do just fine on Coconut Milk or Almond Breeze on my DD... i just like a great americano with some 1/2 and 1/2 every now and then as a treat.

My attemt at RD (regular day) every single day is continuing. I am SO HUNGRY ALL THE TIME! I won't tell you how much I ate yesterday! I do suspect it is all the incoming T3 making me hungry. I'm sticking to good OWL carb levels but way too many calories. The good news is I am not gaining though its been less than a week LOL

I will continue with this for several weeks unless I start gaining. I'm hoping to see some loss eating this way if I can get the daily RD cals under control.

its all an experiment I feel like I'm starting OVER! (meaning its a whole new ball game not to discount the weight I've lost or what I've learned so far)

Last edited by Ilpirata; 04-13-2010 at 08:42 AM..
Old 04-13-2010, 12:47 PM   #81
Senior LCF member

Michelle-
You might take a look at the website for Mark's Daily Apple. He has a book The Primal Blueprint, but I found all the necessary info from his website (it's since been redesigned, but you should be able to get what you need).

Since you work out, you also might check out his take on exercise. He is totally against what he calls "chronic cardio" and advocates much 'gentler' exercise than you ever see anyone recommending.

Kisha-
I know how you feel! Even eating VLC, I can always eat, and unless I give myself a calorie limit (and count the calories!), I'd probably be eating about 3500 cal a day. The T3 stimulates your metabolism, so it seems logical that it would also stimulate your appetite--much like exercise does.

By the way, I'm living proof that the idea that the absence of carbs prevents the body from storing fat is a fallacy. I have GAINED on zero carbs in the past. Maybe I wasn't storing fat, but I was storing something
Old 04-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #82
Senior LCF member

Kisha-
Don't think of this as starting OVER. It's just another phase of your journey. You have learned so much about yourself, food, dieting, etc., and all of that will inform the choices you make as you become optimized on your meds.

My own weight loss journey has taken place over the course of the past few YEARS, and there have been a variety of phases of that journey--and more to come, I think.

Keep in mind that although it's frustrating, losing this way is much better than quickly dropping 30 lbs or so and then regaining it and more a few months later (as we often read on these boards). We're not only learning how to lose (in our reluctant bodies), but also how we can best nourish ourselves and not gain.

I'm rather glad that I'm not at any goal weight because I anticipate maintaining being even more of a challenge--one that I intend to meet!
Old 04-14-2010, 05:41 AM   #83
Senior LCF member

Tuesday's UD remained under control, so I have fingers crossed that I can do the same tomorrow.

However, I woke up wanted to eat today (DD) and had about 150 cal for breakfast--not a good plan. I still hope to stay under 400 for the day. Good thing I have to volunteer at the library for 4 hours today; bad thing is that they have a cafe at the library with the most tempting bagels. I've been resisting even going in for a cup of coffee so that I don't see those things.

Here's the best news. I've been wearing my 'older" clothes in larger sizes because they still "fit," but I seem to have crossed the Rubicon of weight loss recently, and all my things were suddenly falling off. So I bought some new clothes that actually fit me (in sizes I never thought I would wear!). Now everyone is commenting on my 'slim' (in comparsion) figure. I don't recognize myself
Old 04-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melehundele
Stats: 250/?/150
Start Date: 8/25/2009
Hey gals...I have been lurking, sheepishly, on your posts for the last couple months. I have been out of the LC life and have to DO something. I am getting fatter and fatter and can't stand it. I am not changing my stats because it is too depressing.

Ilpirata, you have been fighting the fight for a long time. I am glad to hear you are getting the thyroid situation addressed correctly!

And Leo, I know form posting in threads with you way back that you have had the thyroid thing going on for a long time, and it is really inspiring that you are making JUDD work for you so well! I haven't been your weight since I was 18. You are my JUDD idol

I had a total thyroidectomy (cancer) 20 months ago. I fiddled with docs for almost a year before getting the "right" dosage of thyroid replacement. I use Armour and still have a stash, but know eventually I will have to switch given the continuing Armour supply problems.

Anyway, for you thyroid-impaired folks, I saw a doc who is actually an OB-GYN and an expert on BHR. He said to get a product called Lugol's solution from the pharmacy. It is an iodine solution. He said to use a Qtip and paint a 2 inch square on my leg or somewhere out of regular view each day. Over the course of the day, the square will fade as the iodine is absorbed. Sort of a poor man's iodine patch. Probably can't hurt, for anyone suspecting iodine insufficiency.

I am not positive it is necessary for me, since I have no thyroid gland and presume I am getting iodine from my replacement meds. But anyway.

Since my replacement is up (way up...4.5 grains), I have all sorts of good things going on. Better energy, better sleeping, a return of my hair (I was undiagnosed Hashi for almost 20 years and never knew why I was so bald!). But I am HUNGRY. Never been so HUNGRY. And I am a carb-craving fool. And I am an insulin-dependent type 2 diabetic, so having to shoot up after eating carbs just glues those carbs right to my gut. So I try to moderate them, but man it is hard.

The BHR doc also put me on Cortef which I took for about a year at varying doses. I weaned myself off to see how things would go, suspicious that it couldn't be helping me lose or maintain. I had not had a saliva test; he treated me empirically because my blood was boiling with thyroid hormone and I still presented extremely hypothyroid.

I also have been dealing with bilateral adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder) for the past year. I just finished 3 months of PT and my right shoulder is not really "there" yet, but the insurance has run out. Before PT started, I got a cortisone injection in each shoulder. Do you think one series of shots would impact metabolism, in light of the cortef and everything else? Because the gaining doesn't make a lot of sense, even with my being hungry and fighting not to eat so much.

I want to try to get back to JUDD-land, where I had been for about three weeks at one point along the path, but don't know if I can deal with the DD with this hunger. And then I have the nagging idea that, maybe since I have "normal" thyroid levels, this amount of hunger is what "normal" people experience all the time. And then I feel like a wimp for ever having been hungry before I don't know why the "comparison" is significant in my head.

Anyway. I hope I can get my poop in a group and settle down to the plan again. I want to join you all in your slim success!

Eat Well and Be Strong!

03/08-06/08: 248 - 224
Then life intervened

Cancer gone, diabetes under control, thyroid replacement on board...back at the drawing board! Here I go again!
melehundele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Out of town but posting welcome back to ing and double hooray to slim Leo!!

Xo

ouis
Old 04-14-2010, 08:30 AM   #86

ING - Good lord woman! You've got ALOT GOING ON!!! I hear you on the replacement hormone making you hungry that is SURELY my experience. I DO experience *some* appetite supression from ketosis but not the level that others report or the level that I remember from way back before my thyroid was broken.

Are you going to start JUDD or LC or both? For me both seemed the magic when it worked... I believe in LC for health of course and am convinced that sugar is poison for all humans.

So tell us what your plan is? We'd surely love to have you back!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #87

HEINOUS HIGH WEIGHT

My weight is at a heinous high. Its the same High I was at a week ago right on the day of my DR visit 4/7. Not sure what this means but pretty sure that it means I need to do something. I don't know... maybe I haven't given this controlled moderate calories controlled moderate carbs experiment enough time? I CANNOT GAIN ANOTHER POUND YOU GUYS! If I don't start dropping some LBS I'm going to lose my *****.

UGH UGH UGH. I'm not *over it* I'm not *giving up* I just don't know WHAT PLAN I'M SUPPOSED TO BE ON!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:45 AM   #88
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
My weight is at a heinous high. Its the same High I was at a week ago right on the day of my DR visit 4/7. Not sure what this means but pretty sure that it means I need to do something. I don't know... maybe I haven't given this controlled moderate calories controlled moderate carbs experiment enough time? I CANNOT GAIN ANOTHER POUND YOU GUYS! If I don't start dropping some LBS I'm going to lose my *****.

UGH UGH UGH. I'm not *over it* I'm not *giving up* I just don't know WHAT PLAN I'M SUPPOSED TO BE ON!
Oh Honey, I would so swear you have something going on besides just thyroid. I felt better withing a couple of hours after starting T3. MUCH better within a couple of days. He started your T3 based on old labs, right? When you go back there will be all kids of other things to look at- hormones, vitamins, adrenals, viruses. I know its tough to wait, but he'll figure it out.

I think if I were you I would focus on nutrition. Meat, veggies, nuts, healthy fats.... good simple stuff to help heal that poor body of yours. I did that for a couple of weeks before I gave JUDDD another try. If you are hungry, eat. Just make it nutrient dense. Try not to think of it as a reducing diet, it is a healing diet. When you get your stuff straightened out, then think about losing.

Melehundele, Welcome. This is a faulous thread to be in.

Leo, congrats on the new clothes. Something like that is extra special when the scale hasn't been kind.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Hey JUDDDers!

Ing - Welcome back! You really do have alot going on. What will your plan be?

Leo - Congrats to you! You are rocking this plan!

Kisha - I know when I was taking just T3 I was soooo hungry all the time. I though I was crazy, but I now realize it was the T3 at the time. Would a DD help?

Anyway, still recovering from my crazy weekend, but it's going in the right direction and I am on track. I know if I follow this plan consistantly it WILL work for me.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Oh Honey, I would so swear you have something going on besides just thyroid. I felt better withing a couple of hours after starting T3. MUCH better within a couple of days. He started your T3 based on old labs, right? When you go back there will be all kids of other things to look at- hormones, vitamins, adrenals, viruses. I know its tough to wait, but he'll figure it out.

I think if I were you I would focus on nutrition. Meat, veggies, nuts, healthy fats.... good simple stuff to help heal that poor body of yours. I did that for a couple of weeks before I gave JUDDD another try. If you are hungry, eat. Just make it nutrient dense. Try not to think of it as a reducing diet, it is a healing diet. When you get your stuff straightened out, then think about losing.

Melehundele, Welcome. This is a faulous thread to be in.

Leo, congrats on the new clothes. Something like that is extra special when the scale hasn't been kind.
I know you're right... the rest of my labs won't even be in for TWO ENTIRE WEEKS. And then my follow up appointment had to get pushed from 5/5 to 6/15 because of WORK ()

Do you think he'll give me additional direction/prescription before then after my labs are in? I'd like to know what i'm supposed to be doing about the severe iodine defficiency and do NOT want to do anything unless its on his specific instruction.

YES theres something else going on for sure. I think my whole system has just gotten so wacked out.

ALSO I haven't gotten the RT3 number yet but if I have high RT3 it will take six weeks or so for the T4 that I was intaking to get out of my system. Its that T4 thats converting to the RT3 so I would think it would take at least that long (the six weeks) to start really feeling better. I DO FEEL BETTER somewhat but nowhere near 100% and still get sleepy VERY SLEEPY lik CANNOT STAY AWAKE sleepy during the day Monday and yesterday.

The thing is that I am 25+ up from my all time low last summer and I just feel humongous and bloated and I can't fit in my tightest jeans that I was wearing for over a year and now they don't fit!

I know this is an attitude thing I've GOT to adjust my attitude towards it and try to think of it as you said as a healing diet and not a reducing diet... i just REALLY want/need to reduce!

Last edited by Ilpirata; 04-14-2010 at 08:53 AM..