Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 04:30 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Sherrie-

I agree with Kisha that yours is a good plan. While it might not be pure JUDDD, it's a form of calorie cycling that can really be helpful to those of us who need to restrict calories. I do JUDDD, but it's primarily for the calorie cycling (I don't think the science is there to back up some of Dr. J's other claims, but I'm not scientist either).

Don't be surprised if 1400 cal is too high because a lot of the online estimators are just generic, and everyone is different. When I was 300lbs, I lost best on no more than 1200 cal--even though I had a nutritionist tell me that I should not go under 1800. I tried her way (because I love to eat!), and gained rapidly at that level, so I dropped back.

I hope you can lose at 1400 because you seem to be comfortable with that number. And remind yourself that vacation is about relaxing, enjoying new experiences, and NOT about food! You can eat well and still stay within your calorie limits.

By the way, I'm seeing a surgeon today about my knees, although my focus will be on whether I can avoid the surgery--i.e., I'm willing to live with my limitations so long as the prognosis is not disaster down the road.
Thanks, Leo....will have to experiment with the calorie level I guess, but I have no doubt I can lost on 1400/day at this point. Maybe after I get an initial chunk off I may have to readjust.

Good luck with your doctor today. Your knees must feel better with all this weight off, don't they? Will be anxious to hear what he has to say. Have you had MRI? Are you bone on bone? Ever tried the Synvisc injections?
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2010, 05:18 AM   #242
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Sherrie-

I'm totally 'bone on bone." I've never had the injections because when they were developed, my degeneration was too far advanced.

The weight loss doesn't seem to have made a really big difference, except in my general energy level. What has helped (and gotten me off all meds) is diet and exercise. I've been doing a PT program for my legs in the water (after I swim) for several years now because strenthening the muscles can support the absent joint and provide a 'cushion.'

I also eat a very anti-inflammatory diet--more fish than meat, no egg yolks, and basic, non-processed foods.

The only reason I'm talking to the surgeon today is because I fear that as my knees degenerate, they may at some time cause the leg to collapse--and then the surgery would be more critical. I'm hoping that he'll tell me that doesn't usually happen. I have to go early to get an x-ray before I see him.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #243
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
Check In

I've been WAY OFF PLAN for the last three days like SUPER BAD.
My new Dr. Appointment is on 4/7/2010
I'm going to be doing Stillmans until then to at least shed any water weight/carb up I've got.

I'll be posting here probably still LOL (I can't get away from our thread) or at least lurking and will be back with a report after my appointment.

I've always got JUDD in my backpocket and once I de-carb on Stillman's for the next seven days I'll probably be back on low carb JUDD.

Leo - hope your consult goes okay... bone on bone NOT GOOD!
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:35 PM   #244
Senior LCF member

Yes, stay with us, Kisha! Even if you're not doing JUDDD, you know this is the best place on LCF
Old 04-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Yes, stay with us, Kisha! Even if you're not doing JUDDD, you know this is the best place on LCF
Ain't that the truth!

Just finished a good DD--came in just under 500 which is fabulous for me. I plan a very moderate UD tomorrow--can't have another DD til Sunday--

Hope I will start losing again with these moderate UD's--I feel like I am at a setpoint, and am counting on JUDDD to break through--of course I have also had to get a handle on my self-defeating addictive behaviors LOL!

Ouis
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:08 AM   #246
Senior LCF member

We seem to be in a similar situation, Ouis. I want to get down to a lower decade (170s), but my body seems to want to hold onto the 180s. I have to keep remembering that persistence eventually works

I was reading recently about how low carb and low calorie eating over time will suppress the T3, and mine is already a little low. My endo doesn't want to supplement any more. When the T3 dips too low, it's impossible to lose.

Supposedly, raising calories OR carbs for a day will help alleviate this, but I didn't see any result in raising my carbs the last time, but I think I did both that day--i.e., carbs and calories--and what I read is that it's best to do only one at a time--e.g., if I raise carbs, keep the calorie level low.

But I want to wait a few weeks before 'tinkering.' For now, it's controlling the UDs and keeping my DDs steady.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:33 AM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Good UD for me yesterday....1775 calories. Today is my third DD (keeping it below 800) and this pattern seems to be working for me this week. I feel much more in control than I did with the <500 cal DD and the UD that were totally out of control. Anxious to see how I do over the weekend. My plan is to try and keep each day at the 1500 range, but won't get excited if they both end up at 1800 as that makes my average for the week still around 1400/day.

Leo....how did you make out with your surgeon?

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:03 AM   #248
Senior LCF member

Sherrie-
Good for you! You seem to have found a way to eliminate the problems you had with JUDDD while still lowering calories. I'm eager to hear how this impacts weight loss. You'll probably do better with consistency than you did struggling with JUDDD>

I sent you a PM about my visit with the surgeon so as not to bore the rest of our friends with my medical situation.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:09 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Leo--my last bloodwork showed very low T3--and too high T4--so I am on new meds. We will see what happens--I want it all to have time to work. I am interested in the carb/calorie rotation--of course my usual problem is that if I eat carbs I eat too many calories. I have also heard that rotation works better if you eat nonfat carbs --fruit, bagel with jelly not cream cheese, that sort of thing--so that you are increasing glycogen access by your liver without your liver having to process fatty acids at the same time. It is all speculation for me! But, seeing as I don't have a timeline for this journey, I might be willing to try some experimentation along the way.

I had a carbup on Monday thanks to passover--it was just for dinner and it wasn't really very bad--I didn't notice any negative afteraffects--the carbbloat came right off. I have a 3 day cycle after any strongly UP or strongly DOWN day--so I am due to see something one way or another.

I love our little JUDDD community!

Sherrie--meant to say--you must be feeling so much better--I like your plan. when I first started JUDDD, there was absolutely no way i could do a DD under 500. Still after all this time, I can only eat to just under 500, but I work out a LOT. your plan spells success to me!

have a good day my friends

Ouis
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:12 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janetaz
Stats: 198/189/135 restart 207.5/197.5/149
WOE: coming back to JUDDD!!
Start Date: restart JUDDD 7/4/14
Good morning!!! Happy April!! Hope it was OK to start the new thread-see you there!
janetaz is offline   Reply With Quote