Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 02:37 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 112
Gallery: GrammyPat
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 2008
Good job Kisha on a successful DD! I know when I quit smoking (for the last time because it took me 4 really good trys to do it!), that I gained 35 pounds. My mouth was very unhappy that it didn't have a cigarette in it to work on so I either substituted food, pencils, ballpoint pens or straws when it got really bad. But then again, I didn't have JUDDD to incorporate into my life.

I had a DD gone bad yesterday. Started out great but after two panic attacks during the workday about issues that turned out to be non-issues....I got home and blew it! My nerves were shot! I've got the added tasks of getting ready for the Bunco crowd tomorrow night so between that, work and family....it'll all get done but I think yesterday was blown by lack of sleep. If I'm not rested, my nerves are shot and my thinking is not what it should be so I overreact to situations and circumstantial evidence....

So today's another day; I got 9 hrs sleep last night and feel really good. I have a dentist appt this morning for some scaling work. I will make this a DD and get back on track. Thanks for the thoughtful response Leo. Well who knows? maybe one day your family will actually come to you for guidance and support on how to lose the weight...
GrammyPat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2010, 07:25 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member
 
janetaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 738
Gallery: janetaz
Stats: 198/189/135 restart 207.5/197.5/149
WOE: coming back to JUDDD!!
Start Date: restart JUDDD 7/4/14
Checking in to see how everyone is doing!! Congrats to Leo with the loss!! Is it VFT?

Small goal completed! One week of dd's and ud's in the correct rotation!! Not just SUDs and SMD or is that a UD?? Feeling better to have DDs on track again, and then I can start working on eating better on UDs.

For dds, it has helped to have HWC with plain black coffee and no AS in the morning. Then I eat the remaining DD calories at lunch at work.
janetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:16 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ouizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,387
Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
UD today--and unlike my recent UD's a well planned one--I figured out my UD trigger and won't make that mistake again, sigh. It seems that I often have selective food amnesia and forget the very thing I learned so well so many times in the past!

Despite my chagrin around my falls, I continue to have good DDs, I am fitting into my size 8 pants just fine and looking forward to the next drop downward. Staying off the scale for the time being, as that can be a negative feedback loop for me--just focusing on the food and the fasting, lol!

Whatever day this is for you, may it be an excellent one!
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:31 AM   #64
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,057
Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetaz View Post
Checking in to see how everyone is doing!! Congrats to Leo with the loss!! Is it VFT?

Small goal completed! One week of dd's and ud's in the correct rotation!! Not just SUDs and SMD or is that a UD?? Feeling better to have DDs on track again, and then I can start working on eating better on UDs.

For dds, it has helped to have HWC with plain black coffee and no AS in the morning. Then I eat the remaining DD calories at lunch at work.
AWESOME!!!
There's nothing like getting on a roll with this WOE... I swear thats half the battle is just gettting going on it and into the swing. Thats what I'm trying to do right now and its a real accomplishment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
UD today--and unlike my recent UD's a well planned one--I figured out my UD trigger and won't make that mistake again, sigh. It seems that I often have selective food amnesia and forget the very thing I learned so well so many times in the past!

Despite my chagrin around my falls, I continue to have good DDs, I am fitting into my size 8 pants just fine and looking forward to the next drop downward. Staying off the scale for the time being, as that can be a negative feedback loop for me--just focusing on the food and the fasting, lol!

Whatever day this is for you, may it be an excellent one!
And thats another thing about this WOE... It really is more about the DDs. Getting those on track is always the first priority so you're doing well there - and it sounds like you're losing so right on.
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #65
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,534
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Yes, janetaz, this is all VFT for me--it's the least I've weighed in years, and even then, I was below 200 only briefly. I've spent my entire adulthood well over 250 lbs, so this is like a 'new life' for me.

Today was an UD, and I 'carbed up' as I do every month or two with some bagels. It probably wasn't the best choice, but it was what I felt like having this morning. I now feel much more bloated than usual, which is probably the gluten effect, especially after so long without any grains at all.

I've been afraid to do this recently because I've been losing so well, but I didn't want to wait for a stall either. For those of you who are new, I read a long time ago, that it helps to eat 'off plan' for a meal or two once every 4-6 weeks to keep the body from becoming complacent.

What today's eating has done, however, is convince me that I truly like eating primally and sparingly. I feel best with 'primal JUDDD.' So I may not do this again for a long, long time.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #66
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,057
Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Yes, janetaz, this is all VFT for me--it's the least I've weighed in years, and even then, I was below 200 only briefly. I've spent my entire adulthood well over 250 lbs, so this is like a 'new life' for me.

Today was an UD, and I 'carbed up' as I do every month or two with some bagels. It probably wasn't the best choice, but it was what I felt like having this morning. I now feel much more bloated than usual, which is probably the gluten effect, especially after so long without any grains at all.

I've been afraid to do this recently because I've been losing so well, but I didn't want to wait for a stall either. For those of you who are new, I read a long time ago, that it helps to eat 'off plan' for a meal or two once every 4-6 weeks to keep the body from becoming complacent.

What today's eating has done, however, is convince me that I truly like eating primally and sparingly. I feel best with 'primal JUDDD.' So I may not do this again for a long, long time.

I'm interested to see if this off plan meal has its usual positive effects on your weight loss... now that you've gone primal I'm curious if this "mix it up meal" will still be good. Keep us posted!
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #67
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,534
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Yeah, Kisha, I'm wondering the same thing. I probably should have left well enough alone because I was feeling so good and losing well.

The good news is that my mid-morning bagel binge didn't lead me to overeat all day. I feel uncomfortably stuffed with no desire to eat anything else, much less more carbs.

JUDDD has really helped me with eating issues. In my 'former life,' one high-carb meal always led to a full day of gorging--if not a couple of days.

Now I'm wondering whether JUDDD or primal (or both) has helped me with insulin resistance. It used to be impossible for me to eat carbs without developing insatiable hunger, but today, my body reacted more like a 'normal person' in feeling satiated after high carb.

I'll definitely keep you posted on subsequent effects.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #68
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,057
Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Yeah, Kisha, I'm wondering the same thing. I probably should have left well enough alone because I was feeling so good and losing well.

The good news is that my mid-morning bagel binge didn't lead me to overeat all day. I feel uncomfortably stuffed with no desire to eat anything else, much less more carbs.

JUDDD has really helped me with eating issues. In my 'former life,' one high-carb meal always led to a full day of gorging--if not a couple of days.

Now I'm wondering whether JUDDD or primal (or both) has helped me with insulin resistance. It used to be impossible for me to eat carbs without developing insatiable hunger, but today, my body reacted more like a 'normal person' in feeling satiated after high carb.

I'll definitely keep you posted on subsequent effects.
SRSLY It might even be that old alleged SIRT1... I have never been *quite* convinced about SIRT1 but the way the effectiveness of JUDD seems to improve after the first few weeks makes me suspect it might be legit.
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:01 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ouizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,387
Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Well, I ended up feeling pretty good about my UD yesterday--and it is a DD today--I have a bit too much empty time this afternoon and evening--DH will be at an evening meeting, and it is always hard on me when I don't have much to do, but I will figure it out.

How is everyone today?
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:36 AM   #70
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,534
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Hi Ouis-

Good job with that UD! I know in the past a lot of people here have really struggled with UDs. As Kisha mentioned, the key to JUDDD is these DDs, but bad UDs can thwart progress.

Try to distract yourself because empty time can easily lead to eating--that you'll regret. I find that I browse on the internet--often I look for items of clothing that I don't really need and won't buy, but it focuses my attention. Or I'll watch a DVD or just read--anything that's totally absorbing.

I'm on a DD myself today and hoping to keep it really low.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:21 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ouizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,387
Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Yeah--about that UD--I made myself a little thing that helped in some weird way. Wanting to fight inflammation in my body, I mixed about 2 TBS of CO with 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp cumin. No AS. after it was chilled and hard, I broke it up into little bits. If I got noshy during the day, I sucked on one of those things. They tasted good in a weird, nonsweet way. It did something interesting to my appetite--something I haven't experienced with sweet CO bark recipes. I actually ended up feeling a bit queezed out. I still feel a bit of that today. I am going to keep experimenting with it on my UDs!
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:05 AM   #72
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,057
Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Yeah--about that UD--I made myself a little thing that helped in some weird way. Wanting to fight inflammation in my body, I mixed about 2 TBS of CO with 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp cumin. No AS. after it was chilled and hard, I broke it up into little bits. If I got noshy during the day, I sucked on one of those things. They tasted good in a weird, nonsweet way. It did something interesting to my appetite--something I haven't experienced with sweet CO bark recipes. I actually ended up feeling a bit queezed out. I still feel a bit of that today. I am going to keep experimenting with it on my UDs!

Sounds weird/interesting! Since DD I've noticed I can eat some pretty weird things that others might find gross LOL (but I secretly like them)

**********
UD Report from Yesterday. Well I came in at 1800 on the nose... only then I kept eating! I'm trying to turn over a new "truth in recording" leaf and record EVERYTHING even the screw ups. When I go in to my new endo on 5/26 I need to have CORRECT INFORMATION to report to him. Towards that end here's my totals for yesterday:

Calories 2,115
Fat 148.7 1,326 64 %
Carbohydrate 32.9 131 6 %
Dietary Fiber 1.8
Protein 149.2 614 30 %
Alcohol 0.0 0 0 %


So the cals were high but the carbs were GREAT (I try for lower carbs on UD to offset the higher cals and tend to have higher carbs on DD from veggies)

it is what it is. MORE IMPORTANT is my DD today which I have all planned out and am REALLY HOPING to pull off my second one this week

Happy JUDDing!
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:23 AM   #73
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,534
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Kisha-

Yesterday I had my regular 4-month check up with my endo. My TSH was very low (.14), but he said that it just indicated that I was optimized on my meds. He said that he's thinking of lowering my T4, but since I'm not having any hyper symptoms, he'd rather leave things the way they are, since my numbers are so good.

I honestly think that's another reason I've been losing--optimized meds.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #74
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,057
Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Kisha-

Yesterday I had my regular 4-month check up with my endo. My TSH was very low (.14), but he said that it just indicated that I was optimized on my meds. He said that he's thinking of lowering my T4, but since I'm not having any hyper symptoms, he'd rather leave things the way they are, since my numbers are so good.

I honestly think that's another reason I've been losing--optimized meds.
for sure! I mean, its not THE REASON you're losing. You're losing because you are doing so great sticking to your WOE. BUT if you weren't optimized no amount of correct eating would let you lose, yanno?

My last labs:
TSH .046 (.450-4.5)
FREE T3 3 (2.0-4.4) HALF OF RANGE WOULD BE 3.6 so I'm under half of range
FREE T4 1.2 (.82-1.77) this is EXACTLY HALF so its actually perfect.

I've not got enough T3 to be doing real well yanno? I can totally function its not that bad but I really am not able to lose weight.

I just need to go to my new endo armed with exactly how much I'm taking in and exactly how much (if any) I've been able to lose.

Frustrating.
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:38 AM   #75
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,534
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Yes--very frustrating for you. I know from experience that unless you've got enough T3, it's impossible to lose. I hope your meds fixed soon.

I hate when people think that thyroid meds help us lose--they only make it possible to lose, and they really screw us up when they're off!

I hope you're seeing the new endo soon.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #76
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,057
Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Yes--very frustrating for you. I know from experience that unless you've got enough T3, it's impossible to lose. I hope your meds fixed soon.

I hate when people think that thyroid meds help us lose--they only make it possible to lose, and they really screw us up when they're off!

I hope you're seeing the new endo soon.
unfortunately not too soon. I've got appointment with Gina (GME)'s doc on 04/23 and one with Dr. Nathan Becker of UCSF on 05/26. Still trying to decide between the two and I can't afford both. Leaning towards Nathan Becker...
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 112
Gallery: GrammyPat
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 2008
Hey Ouis, keep experimenting with CO, cinnamon and such! I'm really hoping you find something to douse the appetite for those UD's! I'm not a big cumin fan but your last concoction here sounds interesting! I tried the cinnamon and vinegar tonic but that didn't quelch the UD appetite.....but I think something with a lot of fat in it and some flavors might do the trick for in between meals...I think you're onto something.....UD today; bunco bunch tonight....I will definitely be ready for my DD tomorrow!!!
GrammyPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ouizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,387
Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Well Grammy--I took a nibble of my concoction a little bit ago--about a tsp worth (30 calories)--and it killed my hunger dead. For awhile I did Seth Roberts Shangri La plan, where you either took in flavourless calories (oil) or oddly flavoured calories. He had a theory that this affected one's set point. Everyone experimenting with it had the experience of losing your appetite, one way or another--so this was a tsp of oddly flavoured calories and it did the trick. I may add some flavourless shangri la calories on my UD's to get my appetite in hand as well.

Ouis
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #79
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,534
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Kisha-
That's a long time to wait undermedicated! All the good docs take a long time for a first visit. When I went to my current endo, I had to wait 3 mos. for an appointment, but, fortunately, I had meds, so my visit wasn't urgent.

It's tough to decide between two very good doctors. It's too bad they're not like lawyers who often provide an initial consultation FREE because with doctors even more than lawyers, there has to be a good rapport, and you never know until the visit.

I hope you find the 'right' one this time!
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #80
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,057
Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Kisha-
That's a long time to wait undermedicated! All the good docs take a long time for a first visit. When I went to my current endo, I had to wait 3 mos. for an appointment, but, fortunately, I had meds, so my visit wasn't urgent.

It's tough to decide between two very good doctors. It's too bad they're not like lawyers who often provide an initial consultation FREE because with doctors even more than lawyers, there has to be a good rapport, and you never know until the visit.

I hope you find the 'right' one this time!
Thanks Leo! Its going to work out eventually... I'm trying to look at the BRIGHT SIDE of all this which is that I DO KNOW what is wrong with me and it will eventually get treated properly... someday LOL
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:51 AM   #81
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,534
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Good DD yesterday at about 300 cal, and it felt great after my "carb up" on Tuesday. I'm really beginning to "enjoy" DDs (although that might not be the right word) because of the good feeling in my body with so much less food.

I really think that JUDDD can become an almost 'automatic' WOE with time. I know that I don't have any "dread" of my DDs and have zero impulse to overeat on UDs because of the upcoming DD.

I hope this lasts!
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:35 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ouizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,387
Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Wow Leo--I'm not there, but how great it would be to get there! As our "senior" JUDDDer, I am hoping that your long term experience is an indication of how it can go for all of us if we stick with it. I too feel like JUDDD is a lifetime application that can work. I hope eventually that we can have a JUDDD "maintainers" thread where maintenance can be discussed. I have quite a while before I could consider maintenance, and for right now I am imagining that it would be like some of the other maintainers who drop in to this thread--still sticking with UDDDs but eating more calories on the DDs.

Thanks for the insights everyone. UD for me today, and my goal is, like Leo, to have zero interest in overeating, lol!

ouis
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:05 AM   #83
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,057
Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Good DD yesterday at about 300 cal, and it felt great after my "carb up" on Tuesday. I'm really beginning to "enjoy" DDs (although that might not be the right word) because of the good feeling in my body with so much less food.

I really think that JUDDD can become an almost 'automatic' WOE with time. I know that I don't have any "dread" of my DDs and have zero impulse to overeat on UDs because of the upcoming DD.

I hope this lasts!
I think it WILL LAST... because it HAS been lasting for you for so long!


*****************************
DD Totals from yesterday:
Calories 503
Fat 18.0 162 36 %
Carbohydrate 23.0 92 20 %
Dietary Fiber 0.0
Protein 49.5 198 44 %
Alcohol 0.0 0 0 %

VERY HAPPY WITH THAT!!!! That is my second DD for the week and I'm hoping to build some momentum continuing through Friday. Starting to shed some water weight from my bad eating on Sunday. Trying not to focus on the scale but rather my WOE goals.

Got UD planned out through lunch today and I'll be out of the house from 6:30-10 pm which should keep me out of refridgerator mischief!
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #84
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,534
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Great DD, Kisha--and you're right about the 'momentum"--although in my case, I call it 'stubbornness'--I just never want to give in to my body

And you're absolutely right about focusing on your goals (re: WOE) rather than the scale. We all know how flawed that measure is, and we also know that JUDDD works, if we work it.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:03 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!
 
NoSugarShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hurst, TX
Posts: 1,343
Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Hey guys!

Wow, I have really missed you guys. I have been so busy I can't even think straight. I am still having my up's and down's with JUDDD. I had a fantastic DD yesterday for the first time in a little while and going for a moderate day today. I would like tommorrow to be an UD.

I am also convinced when I don't get enough sleep it really messes with my appetite and all I want to do is eat. The last couple nights I have slept great and my appetite is under control.

Tommorrow we are leaving for Galveston for spring break and unlike Cancun I am going to be more careful. The hotel we are at has a kitchen so that will help ALOT. I can control what we are eating.

I think I need to make it a point to check in with you guys at least once a day because I do better when I am checking in for some reason.

Talk to you guys later

Michelle
__________________
****************************************
Michelle

Hypothyroid

Mini-goals:
120 115 110
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:33 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!
 
nitenurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,108
Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Well, my wt has gone up 8 pounds, but am done with the steroids, and almost done with the antibiotics, so will just see what the coming couple weeks do. I guess I all did was lose a couple months progress, and maybe some of it will go off in water weight. I might go stricter lowcarb with my JUDDD for the next couple weeks, to see if I can get started again.
Last August I got a cortisone shot into my shoulder, and my wt stalled til December, then got back on track again.
Oh, well, I was really sick, so it's ok, just planned on being lighter on my feet for summer, but it will still happen, eventually.
Best of luck to everyone.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #87
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,534
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Michelle-
I read once that when we're tired, we often feel a pseudo-hunger that's the body's way of telling us that it needs more energy. I notice this especially on DDs when I've had a bad night. I seem to be really hungry, but what I really need is a nap. So try to get your rest; it will help.

Nitenurse-
I'm glad you're better. Those 8 lbs have to be a lot of water, although if the meds mess with your metabolism, it also can be that weight that needs to be lost the hard way. I found that out when my thyroid 'tanked,' and I gained 10 lbs in 2 weeks. It's amazing how our bodies can thwart us and gain no matter what we do. Just focus on getting well and then on making good food choices. We can't always lose to schedule, but any loss is better than gaining.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:26 AM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ouizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,387
Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Hmmm. First "fail" on a DD for awhile. It is pouring here, and I am stuck inside today with nothing much to do, AND I am going out to dinner tonight. I guess it overwhelmed my DD track. VLC however, so that is good.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:38 AM   #89
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,057
Gallery: Ilpirata
I HAD A REPLY typed out to everyone and it Poofed! Dang.

Well, welcome back SHELL. I notice that when I'm MIA from the board it usually means I'm MIA from my WOE! LOL thats me though...


Nitenurse hope you are feeling so much better and can put this behind you! I'm with Leo that the gain will be water. STILL it sucks when the scale does that so please hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Hmmm. First "fail" on a DD for awhile. It is pouring here, and I am stuck inside today with nothing much to do, AND I am going out to dinner tonight. I guess it overwhelmed my DD track. VLC however, so that is good.
Stick to your VLC and it won't be a big deal! You can do it. Its almost IMPOSSIBLE for me to do DD when I'm home all day don't know how Leo pulls it off!
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:52 AM   #90
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,534
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
It's all what you're used to. I found myself around food a lot more when I was at work (junk was too available), AND I think I often ate from the stress at the office.

Now at home, I feel more control of my eating--and I find it easier. For example, on Wednesdays, I volunteer at the library from 10-2, and I miss being able to brew myself a cup of tea whenever I feel hungry--as I do so often at home. I find myself having to deal with feelings of 'deprivation' because there's nothing to eat there, whereas at home, it's a free choice not to eat, and so I feel more empowered.

This just goes to show (to me at least) that all this is 90% mental. If we control our thoughts, we can more easily control our eating.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.