Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 10:49 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmandM
Stats: 142/126/114 (5'5" 40 yrs)
WOE: JUDDD/Paleo
Start Date: JUDDD start date: Nov. '08
Sara - that is awesome. The DD's are very hard, I don't blame you. I am glad you are doing so well on WW! Did you find it hard at first to control your eating? I always worry if I switch plans I will think every day is an UD! lol
EmandM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2010, 12:37 PM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Wow Sara, that is awesome. I know how you feel. Sometimes I just can't get in the
JUDDD mode. It has been over 10 months of it now for me and I have good weeks and
bad. I do love how I can enjoy nights out/entertaining, etc. on my up days, but at times feel that I need something more regimented every day. Keep it up.
A lot of us Juddders seem to go in and out of it at times and float to other plans in between.

Just finished my spinning class. Even though we had a big night last night (lots of food/wine, etc), I managed to have tons of energy and had my best class ever.
Afterward I had 1 egg and 1/2 alternative bagel to hold me til dinner.
I can't remember if I have mentioned them here, but those things are so good. I get either the "sweet wheat" or roasted onion ones and they are only 110 calories for a whole bagel. The bummer is that I can only find them at super wal-marts and there are none close to me here in the city. It is pretty pathetic when a person actually drives 45 minutes and deals with all the hassles of those ginormous stores, just to get bagels.
I bought 4 bags last time, gave one to a friend, but am now on my last bag. Next time, I will buy 5 bags. Unfortunately, my hubby likes them too, so I cannot hoard them just for me.

Have a great sunday everyone!
I miss Leo!
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #243
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pommychic
Stats: Start/68kgs/GW59kgs
WOE: WW
Start Date: April 2011
Hi Everyone!

Well I am nearly one week down... I have decided to do my first weigh in tomorrow morning so that it will be straight after a DD.

I feel great but I am nervous whether there will be any change in the scale. My clothes feel *slightly* looser but we will see.

I have been strictly alternating the DD's. My DD's have been kept well under 500 cals. I have eaten literally what I want on my UD's but they have been under 1900 cals. I have upped my exercise too and have tried to focus on something a little more energetic on my UD's.

I REALLY want this plan to work! Its just perfect for me.. I am not struggling *too* much on the DD's but the freedom to eat what you want (within reason) when you want on the UD's makes up for it!

Please let me see some results tomorrow! (fingers crossed!)
pommychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:55 PM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Pommychic- If you can do this well the first week, I think you will have great success.
Many of us struggled (and continue to struggle) with keeping the downs low enough or the ups from getting out of control, especially at the beginning. Great work!!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
tiere099.gif Stopping by to say, "Hi!" I said I would start in March, and I will. However, tomorrow is a 14 hour shift, so Tuesday will be my first DD in a while. My 1400 calorie a day diet got away from me. I really don't know how much I weigh (major denial!). Looking forward to getting back on track. DD's will be 500 calories everyother day. Looking forward to chatting with you dear people. I'm optimized with my thyroid meds, so JUDDD should go pretty smoothly. Some good news is that I'm on straight day shifts - no more nights.

For those of you who prayed - I did not get the public health nurse job I interviewed for - my application was marked eligible and kept on file for the next opening. The job went to someone with previous public health nurse experience. The Indian Reservation of which I am a tribal member sent me an e-mail stating they wanted to interview me for the public health nurse position for the reservation. This would be way up North where our farm is located. I was very excited, but my husband said we're not ready to move up North yet. So, I reluctantly cancelled the interview. I would have loved to serve the Indians on the Res. Oh, well. At least I have a job I love in the meantime. The economy is so bad - I hope all of you that want to be are employed and liking your jobs. Looking forward to JUDDDing with you next week!
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
welcome back Redeemed! We missed you--and are you ever right about having a job you love during these hard times--I feel the same way--

Hope Leo is back this week!

DD today and I feel so tired--altho that is probably due to the party last night and not the DD today, lol!

Gonna break my fast tonight with asparagus and shirataki queso--

Ouis
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Ouis! Glad you're still with the group. I miss Leo too! Sarah I'm glad you've found a plan that works for you. JUDDD isn't for everyone, congratulations on your weight loss. Snaggle I understand the bagle thing, I don't think I could ever give up bread. Glad you're still posting and still JUDDDing. EmandM How's the weather your way? How have your drives to work been? I have only missed one day of work due to an ice storm. Sooooo looking forward to spring! Kisha I sure hope you find a thyroid doc who gives you the meds you need so you can get your metabolism working. Looking forward to reading posts from Nitenurse, GrammyPat, Bill, Tim, Carmel, Tami, Mammapo, Leisa, GME, Janetz, Michelle and new JUDDDers!

Last edited by Redeemed; 02-28-2010 at 06:01 PM..
Old 02-28-2010, 05:29 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Ouis... about your avatar - what is it? I have turned my computer screen upside down trying to figure it out. It looks like a plate with a cookie on it and a sparkler in the middle. Am I close?
Old 02-28-2010, 05:45 PM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
LOL!! My daughter is a chef and she made me a lowcarb dessert--there is actually a candle behind it, but it does look like a sparkler!
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:41 PM   #250
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
DD Tomorrow

Haven't done one in a long time! Even though i can't really lose weight right now its REAL important that I not gain. So I'm doing a DD tomorrow and hopefully one Wed and Friday also... but just committing to Monday (tomorrow) for now.

WHERE IS MY LEO!?!?!?!
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-227)/160
WOE: Atkins/Fast-5
Start Date: 1972
DD today, think I made the 4# in 4 weeks in Feb, won't claim it til tomorrow as official. Going to have some 100 cal soup, homemade, and some steamed vegs for the same. So far so good.
Still have that darned respiratory thing hanging on, so not doing much, yesterday was first day out in 3 weeks, went to church, and really wore me out. At least Spring seems to be in the air.
Hang in there, everybody.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Has anyone started a march thread?
I don't know how to do it (techno-challenged)

Have a great week everyone. happy juddding
Old 03-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #253
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
MARCH THREAD STARTED

We're up and running for March

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...l#post13197515
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote