Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 09:10 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Bon Voyage Leo! Congratulations Grammy Pat-16# is wonderful, specially when you are close to your goal. I have been home sick with a respiratory/sinus thing for about 6 days, it's starting to turn around. I have sticking pretty close to JUDDD-inasmuch as the DDs are pretty much soup days, which is all I really want to eat, anyway.So wt is staying about the same. Had to cancel a couple valentine party playing music, so hated doing that, that is the highlight of my life anymore.
I swear, I could be sick, stop eating altogether and gain weight!!! I must go into a hibernation mode from not moving much. Anyway, enough griping, I'm getting better, my immune system probably needed a little tuneup.Appreciate all the posts, everyone is doing so well. Onward.
nitenurse is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
oh man. just made a HUGE and filling and delicious dd dinne with those 40 cal HN hotdogs. Sauteed 3 of them and then added two drained and rinsed bags of the miracle noodles--sprinkled all that with chipotle chile powder, and then added 4 TBS of salsa con queso (target brand, 30 cals 2 carbs for 2 T). For around 200 cals i had a very delicious and filling meal.
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janetaz
Stats: 198/189/135 restart 207.5/197.5/149
WOE: coming back to JUDDD!!
Start Date: restart JUDDD 7/4/14
Hope everyone had a successful week! Had some stressful situations this week, tried to keep the DDs on the lower side, but they turned into MDs. Today was the first DD from M, W, F rotation. Still working on that stress eating. Before JUDDD, I would have just said, "Forget it!" and blown the diet. At least now, you always have the opportunity to start fresh the next day.

Would it be alright if I copied and pasted the various DDs that everyone has described and add them to the JUDDD recipe thread? I was thinking about going back to the first JUDDD threads and adding the various DD food items, recipes, and quick meals. If that is OK, it is easier to "quote" the poster or just copy and paste the post and add their name? Not sure if this is semi clear :blush: long day at work.....

Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day and super Chinese New Year!!
janetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Hi all- I have been reading our juddd board but just haven't had much time to post.
Now I feel bad that Leo has left on her big cruise and I did not get a chance to give her good wishes. If you are out there Leo- have a wonderful trip! I have been utterly amazed at your recent success and want to talk about "healing the metabolism" when you return. I was really into Dr. Diana Schwarzbein's book, "The Schwarzbein Principle" for a while and it is all about that subject. I think you are on to something.

Still hangin' in with Juddd, but I just have not been strict enough to lose. Fluctuate between 152-155 and I know it is just because I am not getting in enough down days regularly and some of my ups have been way too high.

Mammapo- I loved reading your story and explanations to Leisa. Great info.

Ouis- I love the idea of your daughter's blog. I will have to try and check it out.

Everyone else-- let's do our best to stick to plan this weekend. Weekends are my downfall. Hi to you all!
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

I am still dealing with the respiratory thing, so probably be a few more days before I leave the house. I'm doing ok with JUDDD, on the down days, it's soup which is about all I feel like eating, the up days I make myself eat and cook a little more so I don't mess up the metabolism. Think I feel a little stronger for doing things this way, too. It's been a week, so should start feeling better pretty soon. Hope you all are having a good weekend, Valentine's day!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Claiming another pound lost, these little victories keep me trudging along. I am amazed that even though I stall for a few days, the pound a week is very consistant. That's 30 pounds since last June, even with taking a couple months off for the wedding month and tried the 6 week cure. I love this way of eating.
Hope you all had an upday for Valentines.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Hope you feel better nitenurse. Great job on losing another pound when you are sick.
I NEVER can lose when I am sick.

dd today. waaaa
Old 02-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #158
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tami73
Stats: Body Fat 45.6%/44.2%/19%
WOE: JUDDD with Burn the fat feed the muscle
Start Date: 29th November 2009
Hi everyone and happy valentine's day! So this week was a bit weird. I did 1 dd less as I was changing my routine to the mwf and as a result my stats were not that great.

Weighed myself in the morning and I was 1 pound down however, this evening on checking my body fat, I am actually up 0.1% to 44.3. My muscle is also down 0.1% and water amount is down 0.1% as well.

I know that the amounts are not massive but to me it feels like an absolute disaster! I did only 1 power of 10 weight training session this week as I thought it would replace my 2-3 weight sessions per week. Power of 10 was a nice experiment but I don't feel it is for me. I was retaining and even gaining a bit of muscle when I did my weight training twice or three times per week so I'm back to doing what works for me next week. Calories and cardio will remain the same but I will do my weight sessions as usual on my dd's.
Ps - Im not saying the power of 10 wont work for everyone, im sure it works great for most but we are all different i guess

I am down 1 pound but it's all water and muscle. Me so sad!!!

Last edited by tami73; 02-14-2010 at 05:05 PM..
tami73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:08 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

I am curious, Tami73, I have a machine that measures %bodyfat, but how do you know what is muscle and what is water in the rest?????
Old 02-15-2010, 07:11 AM   #160
Junior LCF Member

Nitenurse - When you know your % body fat then I suppose it's logical to assume that the rest of you is a mixture of water and muscle.

Luckily though, my monitor separates them for me so I know what % is water and what is lean muscle. It's weird to see how my water goes up about 2% when I eat salty food ie takeaways like pizza!!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:23 AM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

UD today--the scale has been stuck at 168 for awhile now, and I am realizing that I have to bow to how my particular body works--I had upped my fat percentages because there is much written currently (been reading the paleo blogs) about how that heals the metabolism. It may be that my metabolism is, in fact, healing, but I am clearly taking in far too many calories on my UD's. Will continue to play a bit with this and track my UD's for a week and see what I need to tweak. I also think that this little plateau is because 168 is a set point for my particular body--I remember weighing exactly this much for some time a Loooooonnnng time ago!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:14 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mammapo
Stats: 184.4/168/140
Start Date: 1/9/ 2009. paused 2/2010. restart 10/30/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tami73 View Post
Hi everyone and happy valentine's day! So this week was a bit weird. I did 1 dd less as I was changing my routine to the mwf and as a result my stats were not that great.

Weighed myself in the morning and I was 1 pound down however, this evening on checking my body fat, I am actually up 0.1% to 44.3. My muscle is also down 0.1% and water amount is down 0.1% as well.

I know that the amounts are not massive but to me it feels like an absolute disaster! I did only 1 power of 10 weight training session this week as I thought it would replace my 2-3 weight sessions per week. Power of 10 was a nice experiment but I don't feel it is for me. I was retaining and even gaining a bit of muscle when I did my weight training twice or three times per week so I'm back to doing what works for me next week. Calories and cardio will remain the same but I will do my weight sessions as usual on my dd's.
Ps - Im not saying the power of 10 wont work for everyone, im sure it works great for most but we are all different i guess

I am down 1 pound but it's all water and muscle. Me so sad!!!
Tami, everyone here knows me for an exceptionally loyal...but plainspoken... friend.

I see some thought patterns in your posts which concern me, and I'm addressing them, because as your sister in this journey, I'm absolutely committed to doing everything I can to help you successfully cross over into the new life you want. I want to see a sustainable future for you, and not a yo-yo cycle of dieting...

I notice that you often give diet/exercise changes a single shot and make a determination about the success or appropriateness based on your feelings about that brief period of time or session.

This is not a good thing and will not lead to long term success for you.

I need you to understand that I am NOT saying you need to do any particular way of eating or exercising, but hear me out...

1. You made a change for a single week at most to the set schedule. This is NOT enough time to see whether this schedule would work for you. You would need at least 3 weeks of being on this to see the real effect of having a set schedule. In one week, there is a lot that can happen - sodium, hormones, the phase of the moon... these all can affect your stats. A single week of changes that are, frankly, extremely small, indicates that other factors influenced your stats. When changing your routine in the future, I highly reccommend giving a minimum of 3 weeks, and if changing to a new diet completely, a minimum of 12 weeks.

2. Your scale unless literally professional grade AND calibrated monthly is providing a rough estimate of your body fat, muscle and water, but you need to understand that this is NOT perfectly accurate. They are off by 1% minimum on average and can be off by as much as +/-6% across brands. And this changes each day. That's an ENORMOUS amount in terms of what it indicates with body fat, muscle, and water. I can't repeat this enough. I would NOT be weighing daily on this thing if you want a really accurate assessment of progress. You're only setting yourself up for unrealistic expectations, unreliable results - and the perhaps poor decisions based on judgements made because of them, and needless disappointment or discouragement on days when the scale reads a 'bad' result. Once a week would be better. Even better once every 2 weeks.

Making judgements about a .1% change on a scale that can be up to 6% inaccurate is a sign of one of three things:
  • You have disordered thinking, which will eventually lead to an eating disorder
  • you have a history of setting unreasonable goals and time limits and being unable to sustain the results even when you meet those goals, leading to a history of yoyo dieting
  • you don't have a clear understanding of the natural cycles a body has, even in the process of transitioning to a healthy weight and are misunderstanding natural fluxuations for 'failure'

None of these is healthy and none will lead to sustainability in weight loss.

3. You did a single workout with Power of Ten and felt it wasn't for you.... now that's perfectly fine. Some people hate the feeling of 'burn' at a total-failure workout.

I say it's fine... UNLESS you are basing it off the inaccurate scales and 'results' of a single workout....

To see the results of PoT you would once again, need to honestly give it a 3 week go round. This gives your body enough time to really build muscle. One session followed by returning to old-style 3 a week weight lifting won't give you anything close to results you can measure with any degree of accuracy.

You'd also need to be absolutely sure you were really doing PoT to TOTAL failure at 6 reps and then pushing through that last rep (pushing against the failure is where the muscle gets built).

Once again, the style of workout may not be for you, and that's perfectly fine.

4. I don't know your age, but if you're over 18 then a body fat percentage of 19% is a BAD BAD proposition. You'll be more likely to get sick, break bones, have female problems like infertility or have related issues like heart disease stemming from female issues, and a whole host of other problems at this weight/bfp. You really really need to consider resetting this goal to 22%, which is the healthiest body fat percentage for any women of child-bearing age.

My concern for you is that you seem to operate with a great deal of fear/anxiety, set unrealistic goals, and react too quickly to small fluxuations without regard for natural or external variables. For me, when I behaved and thought this way, it was simply a symptom of deeper issues that needed to be healed before I could truly be healthy and have a permanent hope of being 'fit and happy'.

I want real health (mind, body, soul) for you - not simply for you to lose a lot of weight or get skinny or 'hot'.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for answering my post, Tami, I have a bioelectric fat hand held measuring device I've had for years, I believe it's accurate, but only measures fat percentages, but I monitor my overall progress with it,I see the newer machines (I googled) it measure a lot more stuff like water. I guess I'll stick with what I have, for now. I graph my progress, and use it to give me my peptalks "see how far we've come" when things slow down. A pound of fat a week is wonderful, I am hoping for that too, I am just about getting into new territory.
Since I am so limited in exercise, due to old injuries I have to walk with a cane any distance, and can't stand very long, but I do dance in the mornings when things are better, and I am going to try to do some exercises to improve my balance when I start feeling better. One of the things that attracted me to JUDDD was that he said it would work with or without the exercise, since I am so limited right now, that is really good news.
I applaud all of you that can and do exercise, you are doing marvelous things for your health; I was pretty athletic in my youth, and it's served me well in spite of the accumulated injuries.
Hang in there everyone.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:09 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Where is that JUDDD down day recipe thread? Someone mentioned it but I couldn't find it.
Snaggle good to see you back, I took a 2 month hiatus on the 6 week cure, and all I lost was 2 months lol. Started losing again when I got back to JUDDD. I think my problem with the 6 week cure is that I don't have that much "core fat", inasmuch as I wasn't thin most of my life and gained suddenly around my middle. I was a fat kid, fought this battle all mylife, and most of my fat is surface fat. I have a great deal of respect for Dr. Eades and protein Power, so I think that the cure is indeed for the middle aged middle, not for someone who has had a lifelong problem. Anyway, I did learn some valuable things while I did that, and will use it for a reference. Especially avoiding polyunsaturated/trans fats.
Scale down another pound this am, that will be my battle for the week, keeping it there. I seem to bounce 2# between up and down days, I only record once a week.
Think I'll get busy and go back and reread everyone's posts, always inspires me.

Last edited by nitenurse; 02-16-2010 at 08:11 AM..
Old 02-16-2010, 08:23 AM   #165
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/206/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Hi folks. My official weigh-in Saturday was something of a disapointment, I didn't lose/didn't gain. We had company all weekend so I had a string of MDs and I am down a new pound this morning.

It is looking more and more like eating light in the evenings is making more of a difference to me than anything. I adhered to that strictly for awhile a couple of years back and was successful, but got away from it for some reason. Probably summer. It's hard to be done with dinner by six when you have three more hours of daylight left. This time DH is LCing too and he sees a big difference in his losses depending on when/what we eat for dinner. It is a little easier with both of us on board.

Today is an UD on the schedule and tomorrow will be crazy-busy so I think I'll go ahead and make it a DD, regardless of my night eating experiment. Wednesdays tend to be easy.

Have a great day everyone.

3/24/14- She is Beautiful 10k- I won!, 7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won!
9/14/14- Title 9K- I won!
11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

There is something about late evening eating for me, too, I lose better when I eat earlier. On updays I try to have my last meal at 4-5 pm, knowing I could have a shake or something later-but the strange thing I have been noticing the last few months, even if I have been pretty hungry all day, the appetite seems to stop about 6pm, and I just drink decaf tea the rest of the evening. I have no idea what that might be, but it seems to be a new groove for me. Maybe I am just beginning to understand the difference between hunger and thirst.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #167
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammapo View Post
Tami, everyone here knows me for an exceptionally loyal...but plainspoken... friend.

I see some thought patterns in your posts which concern me, and I'm addressing them, because as your sister in this journey, I'm absolutely committed to doing everything I can to help you successfully cross over into the new life you want. I want to see a sustainable future for you, and not a yo-yo cycle of dieting...

I notice that you often give diet/exercise changes a single shot and make a determination about the success or appropriateness based on your feelings about that brief period of time or session.

This is not a good thing and will not lead to long term success for you.

I need you to understand that I am NOT saying you need to do any particular way of eating or exercising, but hear me out...

1. You made a change for a single week at most to the set schedule. This is NOT enough time to see whether this schedule would work for you. You would need at least 3 weeks of being on this to see the real effect of having a set schedule. In one week, there is a lot that can happen - sodium, hormones, the phase of the moon... these all can affect your stats. A single week of changes that are, frankly, extremely small, indicates that other factors influenced your stats. When changing your routine in the future, I highly reccommend giving a minimum of 3 weeks, and if changing to a new diet completely, a minimum of 12 weeks.

2. Your scale unless literally professional grade AND calibrated monthly is providing a rough estimate of your body fat, muscle and water, but you need to understand that this is NOT perfectly accurate. They are off by 1% minimum on average and can be off by as much as +/-6% across brands. And this changes each day. That's an ENORMOUS amount in terms of what it indicates with body fat, muscle, and water. I can't repeat this enough. I would NOT be weighing daily on this thing if you want a really accurate assessment of progress. You're only setting yourself up for unrealistic expectations, unreliable results - and the perhaps poor decisions based on judgements made because of them, and needless disappointment or discouragement on days when the scale reads a 'bad' result. Once a week would be better. Even better once every 2 weeks.

Making judgements about a .1% change on a scale that can be up to 6% inaccurate is a sign of one of three things:
  • You have disordered thinking, which will eventually lead to an eating disorder
  • you have a history of setting unreasonable goals and time limits and being unable to sustain the results even when you meet those goals, leading to a history of yoyo dieting
  • you don't have a clear understanding of the natural cycles a body has, even in the process of transitioning to a healthy weight and are misunderstanding natural fluxuations for 'failure'

None of these is healthy and none will lead to sustainability in weight loss.

3. You did a single workout with Power of Ten and felt it wasn't for you.... now that's perfectly fine. Some people hate the feeling of 'burn' at a total-failure workout.

I say it's fine... UNLESS you are basing it off the inaccurate scales and 'results' of a single workout....

To see the results of PoT you would once again, need to honestly give it a 3 week go round. This gives your body enough time to really build muscle. One session followed by returning to old-style 3 a week weight lifting won't give you anything close to results you can measure with any degree of accuracy.

You'd also need to be absolutely sure you were really doing PoT to TOTAL failure at 6 reps and then pushing through that last rep (pushing against the failure is where the muscle gets built).

Once again, the style of workout may not be for you, and that's perfectly fine.

4. I don't know your age, but if you're over 18 then a body fat percentage of 19% is a BAD BAD proposition. You'll be more likely to get sick, break bones, have female problems like infertility or have related issues like heart disease stemming from female issues, and a whole host of other problems at this weight/bfp. You really really need to consider resetting this goal to 22%, which is the healthiest body fat percentage for any women of child-bearing age.

My concern for you is that you seem to operate with a great deal of fear/anxiety, set unrealistic goals, and react too quickly to small fluxuations without regard for natural or external variables. For me, when I behaved and thought this way, it was simply a symptom of deeper issues that needed to be healed before I could truly be healthy and have a permanent hope of being 'fit and happy'.

I want real health (mind, body, soul) for you - not simply for you to lose a lot of weight or get skinny or 'hot'.
I appreciate your response however, I am a firm believer in "If you do what you've always done, you get what you've always got". I cannot in good faith continue with an excercise regime if I am not getting any results. The only thing I am guilty of and have been in the past is trying to get something for nothing. In this case, I only wanted to do the power of 10 so that I would only have to exercise once per week so it was pure laziness on my part :blush:. I just have to wrap my head round the fact that it will be a long process in my journey to health and I will have to put in the work in order to reap the results.

I certainly don't think my goals are unrealistic, they are actually quite tame, I am hoping for just a pound per week and I have given myself a good time frame in which to achieve my goal. I am 29 and my sister who is 27 has an 18% body fat despite having 2 children. I have chosen 19% as my goal because this is the level at which I will be satisfied with my bmr and not likely to gain on 'average' calories and 'average' excersise. I'm not looking to be a bodybuilder with 14% fat and fertility issues!

Also, I absolutely concede that the fat monitor is not an accurate instrument, I may in actual fact be a few percent higher or lower than what it says, however, it is an excellent indicator of if you are on the right track ie losing fat. This week, it did not happen for me and I feel I have to do something different, even if it just to increase activity slightly in order to get a different result next week. Here's to hoping.

Good luck this week everyone!
Old 02-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
I made this today for lunch and it was really good and low calorie.

2 baby zucchini's - chopped
little bit of onion
Saute in a tiny bit of oil
Salt & pepper

Once the zucchini is tender add 1 single serving can of low sodium V-8 juice.

Bring to a boil and serve. I added a little bit of parmesan cheese and it was really good!

The V-8 juice is 70 calories. In ****** the zucchini said 2 calories per, which doesn't sound right.

The parmesan is 20 for 2 TBLS.

So, about 100 calories for a good, filling and low-calorie meal.

Hypothyroid

Mini-goals:
120 115 110
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

shell--post it in our separate DD recipes will you?!
Old 02-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
shell--post it in our separate DD recipes will you?!
Sure will.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:48 AM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

where is everyone? I want to hear how things are going for you all! I am down to 166 today, which is a breakthrough weight for me--next challenge to get below 165! You know how important breaching these little walls are--

I am just loving this woe. The last time I lost significant amounts of weight was on *******--I am noticing a huge difference in the changes in my body composition with JUDDD. with ******* I got smaller, but I think it was because I was destroying lean body mass--I still looked fat to myself. This time, I am observing that my fat stores are depleting and that I am leaning up--in other words, I think the alternation keeps my LBM from depleting

UD for me today--and I am keeping my UD's fairly high in fat and moderate in protein. Also a heavy workout for me AND I am seeing my new thyroid doc today about my recent bloodtests--I will report back about those. One curious thing. I have been reading a lot about the impact of both fasting and LC on thryoid and in particular on T3. There are definitely some writers out there that thnik it is a mistake to increase your T3 under fasting/lc conditions.

How are my buddies today? How are you Kisha? Bill, still here?? Leo, out in the ocean--hope you are having a blast--all you others--tell me about your day!

Ouis

Ouis
Old 02-17-2010, 06:53 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
where is everyone? I want to hear how things are going for you all! I am down to 166 today, which is a breakthrough weight for me--next challenge to get below 165! You know how important breaching these little walls are--

I am just loving this woe. The last time I lost significant amounts of weight was on *******--I am noticing a huge difference in the changes in my body composition with JUDDD. with ******* I got smaller, but I think it was because I was destroying lean body mass--I still looked fat to myself. This time, I am observing that my fat stores are depleting and that I am leaning up--in other words, I think the alternation keeps my LBM from depleting

UD for me today--and I am keeping my UD's fairly high in fat and moderate in protein. Also a heavy workout for me AND I am seeing my new thyroid doc today about my recent bloodtests--I will report back about those. One curious thing. I have been reading a lot about the impact of both fasting and LC on thryoid and in particular on T3. There are definitely some writers out there that thnik it is a mistake to increase your T3 under fasting/lc conditions.

How are my buddies today? How are you Kisha? Bill, still here?? Leo, out in the ocean--hope you are having a blast--all you others--tell me about your day!

Ouis

Ouis
Ouis - Congrats!

I am here and JUDDDing, although I will admit still struggling. I have decided that for now I need to stay away from the junky stuff and concentrate on whole and healthy foods. I have alot more control that way. When I go off track I really have a hard time getting back on.

I started some cardio yesterday and slept HARD last night. It was awesome. I have quit taking sleep aids and trying anything natural. So far so good. I have eliminated ALL caffeine and that helped alot.

Anyway, how is everyone?

Michelle
Old 02-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shell--good for you --I have been reading Mark's Daily Apple (recommended by Leo) and now have a real appreciation for the importance of sleep for weight loss. I will tell you that eliminating junk really does seem key to the success of this program--I think that if we eat Low Carb and whole foods, that we are going a long way toward healing our metabolism--and that the intermittent fasting of JUDDD really really helps--however I do know that eating junky foods has resulted in stalls for me. I do follow Leo's advice and once a month I let myself have whatever I want and a lot of it, but I get right back on the horse the next day (and I predict to myself that the next 3-4 days will be hard because of the insulin swings)--just a thought!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:04 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Hi little gang (kind of wondering where everyone is too??)
I am still here, and like you Michelle, am struggling. I just keep blowing it on my down days. I know this plan works for me, but I totally agree with what you are all saying about eliminating the junk. I really need to buckle down and nip these bad habits in the
bud. I was so mad because I weighed this am and was 155!! That is 8.5 lbs off my low last fall and absolutely unnacceptable to me. I really cannot keep slacking off.
I need this group to keep me accountable.
Thanks for being here.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone-still snowed in and dealing with the sinus uglies.
Snaggle, I am finding that the longer I am on JUDDD faithfully, that it really is getting easier. I think it's because I eat the same boring food every other day. My DDs are mostly vegetable soup/or shakes and some protein sometimes, 500cals, my updays I have some really lowcarb bread, egg whites, some meat. and maybe 1 lowcarb chocolate thingy. Trying to up the protein on up day. Don't spare the fat up day, although I am finding as time goes on the amounts are decreasing.
I sure did take me a long time to get back on it, Sept-Dec. when I went off it. So when you get back on the groove I am sure it will smooth out for you, too.
I really am able to take a good look at my emotional/destructive eating behavior this past year, and slowly eliminating them.
Still doing the pound a week, so far so good. I last weighed this about 27 years ago, went to work in a sedentary job, Public Health Nursing and did nothing but gain from then on. I feel so blessed to have found this plan, and all of you, I am grateful every day.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:49 AM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

what you going to eat today Snaggle? would it help to commit it here?

I am having a high fat low protein Up day--

breakfast was coffee and 4 oz(!!) heavy cream

just got back from an intense bootcamp workout

Lunch will be tuna with mayo and celery

snack will be protein pudding (i stir together one scoop choc. PP and 2 T cream)

dinner is going to be a ground turkey stirfried with veggies

and a piece of Lindt 85% chocolate for dessert!

yum--filling and delish!
Old 02-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

I do need to plan better Ouis! I had cottage cheese, tomatoes, an "alternative bagel"
(110 cal) and a piece of bacon for breakfast. I gotta figure out lunch and dinner.
Hubby is out of town, so I can do whatever I want. Maybe I will buy a steak!
My goal is to go to spinning class tonight after work. Those just wipe me out, but in a good way.

Nitenurse: I am sure being snowed in is a pain, but it sounds kind of fun to me. We have
had such a warm winter here. Zero snow.
Stay warm!
Old 02-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mammapo
Stats: 184.4/168/140
Start Date: 1/9/ 2009. paused 2/2010. restart 10/30/2011
still recovering from a flu. made the dd easier, lol
mammapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:05 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Hey-I just made a pretty good almost-fish-chowder for my DD. I took a fish filet (hake-80 cals) and chunked it and cooked it in about 1/4 c water-slowly. With onion and garlic powder and salt. After it was cooked, I added 2 tbsp chop green pepper, cooked slowly another 10 minutes. Served with 2 tsp heavy cream, and some of the nocal butter spray to taste. It made a generous cup of chowder, I figure about 120 cals. A pretty good meal. Wondering how I was going to get through Lent. Also will have to do the 3 oz. shrimp in lowcarb catsup with horseradish sometimes. Also about 100 cals.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmandM
Stats: 142/126/114 (5'5" 40 yrs)
WOE: JUDDD/Paleo
Start Date: JUDDD start date: Nov. '08
Hi everyone! I am here. I was away for a long weekend (we had Monday off as Family Day in Ontario). It was nice as I got to spend it with my dad (who was just diagnosed with Parkinson's for those who may not know). My eating was off all weekend (delicious food and lot's of Valentine's and Chinese New Year food - my husband is Asian). Back to my regular routine now. I do have a question for everyone and looking for some advice. I run with a running group Wed/Thurs and Sundays. It will change to Mon/Wed/Sun mid-March but until then I struggle with my DD on the Thursdays (my dd's are Tues/Thurs/Sun and I cannot change these due to social things every Fri and Sat). If I eat too little I am super hungry on my run Thursday night. I try to save my calories for the evening, but if I eat too close to my run time I get cramps. I am trying to figure out the best thing to do. I am thinking maybe a snack at 4 (I run at 7) and then the rest of my DD cals when I get back. It's just hard to run 6 km or do 5 hills if I've only had 100-150 cals. Any suggestions?
EmandM is offline   Reply With Quote