Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #91
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Ouis-
You are absolutely right that this is a process. As far as AS goes, I had an advantage in never having used sweetener in coffee or tea. But I did love a little SF jelly on a bran cracker with my tea for a PM pick-me-up. What clinched it for me was the discovery that on DDs, AS would increase my appetite! Then I realized that it probably did the same on higher calorie days, but I didn't notice it--i.e., I was eating more than necessary because the AS would stimulate my appetite. Much of my effort is to avoid diabetes, and I figured that if my body was responding to AS like sugar, it was probably best not to have any at all.

But all this was a long process, and by the time I actually gave it up, I was hardly eating any AS at all, so the final cut was easy. I think that back when I was in the process of giving up diet soda, THAT was the most difficult.

Both the grain and dairy was an experiment, and while I know that grain (wheat) is not good for me, I think I could eat cheese (which I love) because I did so at Christmas and lost well. However, it's the diabetes issue again. When I gave up cheese, my BG dropped slightly, and my endo said it was probably due to the sugar in dairy. So that makes it easy to avoid all dairy.

Ironically, if I met someone who eats the way I do now a year or so ago, I would say, "I can never eat like that," and yet I now prefer eating this way. Again, it was a long process, and freely embraced at every step of the way, so I don't feel at all deprived. This is my choice.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmandM
Stats: Maintaining at 114 (5'5" 35 yrs)
WOE: JUDDD/Whole foods
Start Date: JUDDD start date: Nov. '08
Leo - I wanted to tell you that I took a page from your book and it's worked! I used to save my DD calories so I can eat more at one time. I have always worried that if I eat too early I will overeat later. But yesterday on a DD I was hungry in the morning so I ate a fried egg on toast. I was full for hours. Almost 6 hours in fact. I ate again when hungry at around 3 pm and then had a small snack just before bed. I didn't go over my allotted calories and was much more satisfied eating that way, at least for yesterday, we will see if it continues! I guess the "aha" for me was that eating early doesn't necessarily lead to overeating on a DD! Yay!
EmandM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmandM View Post
Leo - I wanted to tell you that I took a page from your book and it's worked! I used to save my DD calories so I can eat more at one time. I have always worried that if I eat too early I will overeat later. But yesterday on a DD I was hungry in the morning so I ate a fried egg on toast. I was full for hours. Almost 6 hours in fact. I ate again when hungry at around 3 pm and then had a small snack just before bed. I didn't go over my allotted calories and was much more satisfied eating that way, at least for yesterday, we will see if it continues! I guess the "aha" for me was that eating early doesn't necessarily lead to overeating on a DD! Yay!
Me too, Em! exactly! first time I've done that on a DD and it worked great for me also. I will add though that I ALMOST blew it last night. I stayed up too late for one thing and I've noticed that I start this self dialogue about how it's almost my UD, so what would it hurt to eat "just this" now. I didn't though and was able to get past the feeling. I had a movie I had downloaded the night before and not finished so that helped me get my mind off of food. It did feel great to know I could eat early and still not go over my calories for the day though!

Today I'm going to workout since it's been since Wednesday or Thursday since I've been to the gym. I'm on an UD so I'll work out pretty hard today.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #94
Senior LCF member

EmandM and Leisa-

I'm so glad this worked for you! I don't know if I could do this if I ate carbs, but that's because I'm extremely sensitive to carbs. And I worry about getting enough protein on a DD, so that's really my focus all day.

For me, protein is filling. I find that my morning eggwhite "omelet" (in the microwave) is only 50 cal and extremely satisfying for hours. I often don't have my second 'meal' for another 8 hours--5 at a minimum.

I know myself well enough to realize that even though it's a DD, I need to know that I can eat whenever I want--even if it's just a cucumber slice from my pickle jar. Otherwise I'd get very anxious and probably overeat beyond my calorie limit.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmandM
Stats: Maintaining at 114 (5'5" 35 yrs)
WOE: JUDDD/Whole foods
Start Date: JUDDD start date: Nov. '08
My DD that day was very high in protein too, that may be what helped as well. I had the fried egg on Eziekel, then tuna with some salad greens and my third meal was hard-boiled eggs mixed with a little dijon mustard.
EmandM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

well, I've just sat down to count up my calories today and I've had what I would consider (only) 1858 calories......Mammapo, would you consider that enough? I did work out today. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, than tried to do as heavy as I could do on several machines for about 20-30 minutes, mostly upper body but some lower. I'm still planning to let tomorrow be another UD.
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:34 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

ok, everyone must have more of a life than I do, lol! Getting ready to leave for church. Just thought I'd say hi to everyone! Hi! UD again today for me. Happy UD's or DD's for everyone!
Old 02-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #98
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I'm here, settling in for a MD. I've not had much success with MDs in the past, but I really like the MWF DD schedule. I do have a ton of stuff to do today so that should help.

Have a good day everyone.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #99
Senior LCF member

Hi Gina-
Like you, I'm trying to do a MD today because I find the M,W,F DDs works for me. For a long time, every attempt at a MD escalated to an UD, but I've had more luck with them recently. Here's hoping today continues the trend.

I was really interested in the comments in the ML about making low carb Super Bowl treats. My idea is divorce eating from things that don't require food. For example, there was a time when I HAD to have popcorn at the movies. Bringing LC snacks simply continued the practice of eating while watching a movie--or TV. But now I just enjoy the movie sans food. I plan to do the same today with the Super Bowl.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:13 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Wow-Leo, on your progress-I figure I am about 6 months behind you so you really inspire me.
I am having some of the same questions as everyone here about eating early on down days, 1 meal vs. 100 calorie mini-meals, etc. etc. So interesting how it all works a little different for each of us, but watching everyone's progress helps.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #101
Senior LCF member

Nitenurse-
I don't think one way is any better than another; it all depends on your personal psychology, it seems to me. I know that I get really anxious at the idea that I can't eat, so the little 'meals' work better for me.

When I read that study a while back where people were allowed to eat on their DDs only between 10 am and 2 pm, I thought that there might be some advantage to that system in terms of longer fasting times, so I tried it for a couple of weeks (it was tough for me:-) But I didn't lose any differently than with my own system, so I went back to it.

Having the take meds first thing in the morning that required food got me into a breakfast habit. Now my meds don't require food, but I'm still a morning eater.

If you manage best with one meal, then I'd stay with that. Anything that keeps us within the calorie limit of our DDs is good
Old 02-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janetaz
Stats: 198/189/135
WOE: coming back to JUDDD!!
Thanks Leo for mentioning enjoying events without food. This is the first year that I didn't eat all the way through the Super Bowl. It did help that it was a MD and I ate breakfast and a late lunch.
janetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:41 AM   #103
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Leo, I'm not sure how 'medium' my MD was since I didn't keep track of my food. We have some company coming from out of town next weekend and I had a ton of stuff to do. I ate when I was hungry and tried not to overdo. I check my weight every day and that looks like my MD was OK. I shop up after Saturday's UD (as normal) and then I was down a little from there after the MD.

Speaking of the ton of stuff I did- I actually felt like, and was able to do it. I have been struggling with my thyroid for some time now. I finally found a doctor to take me seriously and I have been on thyroid meds for nearly two weeks. My doctor prescribed three doses- low for 10 days, up a level for another 10, and then the final level for a couple of weeks and then retesting.

I felt better (not super great) almost as soon as I took the first dose, but I was crashing about 5:00 pm. Yesterday I started the next level and couldn't believe how good I felt AND I didn't crash. I did more chores than I had planned, made dinner (that is almost unheard of on a chore day), sat down and watched a movie (and stayed awake through the whole thing), went to bed and slept like a baby and woke up 7 hours later, no alarm. I sure hope that holds out. I feel like a normal person again.

DD for me today. It's Abe's birthday so I have the day off school. I have a couple of appointments and I plan on getting some more projects done so I have plenty to keep my mind off food.

Have a great day everyone
Old 02-08-2010, 06:52 AM   #104
Senior LCF member

Gina-

What are you taking? The T4 doesn't make an immediate difference, but if you're getting any T3, that works almost instantly--but not for long. That is, I take 15 mcg. of Cytomel (T3), and I have to take in in 5 mcg. doses 3X a day to get the best effect. Yesterday, I got busy and forgot to take my second and third doses until 5 pm, and I only realized it because I was so exhausted that I could barely move.

It's annoying to have to keep remembering to take it, but it's certainly worth it for the difference it makes in how I feel. I just wish it worked as a single dose like my Levoxyl (T4).

By the way, if you're just beginning meds, you should find it easier to lose as they take effect. They don't cause loss, but they "even the playing field" by making it possible to lose like a "normal" person.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:24 AM   #105
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Leo, I'm taking T3 from a compounding pharmacy (no brand name listed). I was on 12.5 mcg for 10 days and went to 25 yesterday. It isn't split, but it is labled 'SR' which could mean 'slow release' I suppose. When I was in the office I asked why no T4 and he said my T4 level was ok and T3 was what was going to make a difference in how I feel so he wanted to target that. Made sense to me at the time.

When I got home and posted about it on the thyroid board Pam & others said I was getting a pretty high dose. I was so ready to get dismissed or offered a tiny dose of T4 that it didn't occur to me I might get prescribed too much. I've since read that sometimes they will prescribe T3 only to clear reverse T3 (which I have slightly elevated levels of), but he didn't say anything about that.

It is a pretty big practice that specializes in thyroid and HRT. He seemed well-versed in all the thyroid things most docs aren't so I figure I'll trust him and give it a try until my next visit and labs in March. I sure do feel 1000% better and I have begun to lose again.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:44 AM   #106
Senior LCF member

Gina-

I think you're fine. It's true that 25 mcg is a high dose, but I've seen a lot of people taking it, and you may need it because of the reverse T3 which counteracts your dosage. That SR must mean "slow release," and I wish I had that myself!

Here's how you'll know if it's too high--you'll get hyper symptoms. When I went from 10 mcg to 15, I had to beg my endo for the increase because he was afraid that I'd go hyper, so he warned me to watch for symptoms--mainly heart palpitations--which was what I experienced when my former endo started me on too high a dose of T4 when I first started taking thyroid meds. She was right on the amount I needed, but my body couldn't process that dosage right away.

I haven't had any hyper symptoms from my increased T3, but if you start feeling "funny"--as in excessive nervous energy, and if your heart seems to be beating too fast, contact your doctor right away.

From what I know, he's right that if your T4 is OK, you don't need any more. It's the T3 that really controls how you feel. In the past doctors gave ONLY T4, since the body converts that to the necessary T3. But people like us don't convert well, and no matter how much T4 we get, we can be deficient in T3.

Interestingly, I was on T4 only for about 3 years, and my T3 was fine, and then suddenly it plummeted, and now I have to take T3, too. As a sign that it's the more important one, my endo told me that if I DID get any hyper symptoms from the T3, he would just reduce my T4.

Sorry if this is more info than you want
Old 02-08-2010, 09:15 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

DD here today and doing well....the "fear" of dd's seem to be dissipating now...which I don't think ever went away the last time I did this woe. That's a good feeling. Had to take dd to the doctor this morning, mild bronchitis, viral..blah, blah, blah. She sounds like she's coughing up a lung every time she coughs. just had a couple of egg whites with 60 calories worth of deli turkey for a "brunch" That will hold me probably till tonight as I have a girls meeting this afternoon that will keep me away from home most of the day until about 6:30pm. So, I'll have probably a smoothie before I leave here and then something light tonight. I'm enjoying knowing I can eat on dd's without setting off a binge. Low carb is the key to my dd's, but UD's I'm still allowing whatever I want but trying to think in terms of nutrition more now. One good think is after two UD's in a row this weekend, I was only up about a pound from my low after my last dd. I was shocked but I actually felt thinner this morning after 2 dd's!

Have a good one everyone!
Old 02-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #108
Senior LCF member

Leisa-

I don't recall hearing about your "fear" of DDs before. Was it a fear that you wouldn't be able to manage to low calories?

What I've found helpful is my "non-alternation." Since I've been doing M,W,Fri DDs for more than a year, my DDs are so natural that I don't even give them any thought. It's just what I 'do.' I think if I were truly alternating, I'd have to think about it all too much.

In fact, when I had to switch things around to make Christmas Day an UD this year, it felt so strange to me to be eating so well on a Friday!

Fear of DDs would definitely make this plan difficult.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Leisa-

I don't recall hearing about your "fear" of DDs before. Was it a fear that you wouldn't be able to manage to low calories?

What I've found helpful is my "non-alternation." Since I've been doing M,W,Fri DDs for more than a year, my DDs are so natural that I don't even give them any thought. It's just what I 'do.' I think if I were truly alternating, I'd have to think about it all too much.

In fact, when I had to switch things around to make Christmas Day an UD this year, it felt so strange to me to be eating so well on a Friday!

Fear of DDs would definitely make this plan difficult.
I don't think I really recognized it as "fear" and I put that in quotations cause I don't know if that's really the accurate description but I do remember a very distinct dread and concern that I would not make it through my dd's. It did get easier but I don't think I've had the relaxation about the dd's until now. It feels more natural or something. I also think that you touched on something there. I did true alternation of ud's and dd's before but now am doing m, w, f, dd's and sat, sun, ud's. I think it does make a difference and I didn't even realize it would. It does take less thinking about though...you're right.

okay, back to the work I'm supposed to be doing. : )
Old 02-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #110
Senior LCF member

Here's why I thought from the beginning that I would have a problem with 'true' alternation (apart from having to switch my days at the pool which is not easy because of crowds on some days, etc.).

When I taught at West Point, we had a true alternation in our class schedule. Unlike most colleges that just do classes either M,W,F or T, Thurs., our classes met every other day. So one week a particular class would meet on M, W, F and the following week that same class would meet on T, Th.

It was a nightmare to keep track of this schedule, and unless I wrote every one of my classes in my appt. book, I was liable to get mixed up and miss class--it actually happened once my first semester!

So when I encountered JUDDD, I realized that if I tried 'true' alternation, I'd be constantly obsessed about "What day is it?" And that's exactly what I didn't want to do. It was strange enough to deal with DDs, but once they became 'routine,' I didn't have to actually think much about them at all.

I really think this is a better system (having established DDs), but that might just be me because I'm very neurotic
Old 02-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #111
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

I think you guys are on to something about the set DDs being easier. It has been my experience that I do best with a regular, set schedule (for most everything, not just JUDDD). It is also nice to not have to worry too much about "the diet" on weekends. I just try to stay away from Friday night plans and the rest is pretty easy.

Leo, never too much info on thyroid stuff. It is so much to process and I have so much to learn. My doc told me the hyper symptoms to watch for in case it is too high a dose for me. He said he has some patients that "abuse their T3" because they think it will make them lose weight and they come in "looking like scared, shaking, skinny dogs." Yikes, not something I want to do.

It's cool that you taught at Westpoint. Were you military or are the professors civilians?
Old 02-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #112
Senior LCF member

Gina-

For most of its history West Point was entirely military, but in 1994 Congress mandated that they have a 20% civilian faculty. I went as a civilian Visiting Professor in '94 (with no intention of remaining) and retired from there in 2006.

It's odd about the T3 because although a lack of it will make you gain (or at least be unable to lose), being optimized only makes loss possible; i.e., it's not a 'reducing aid.' I think you'd really have to 'abuse' it to escalate loss, and I'd never risk the heart and other issues involved with too much T3--definitely not worth it.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
I am interested in the thyroid talk as my r-T3 was so high on my recent blood tests--as was my T4, indicating, I gather, that my T4 should be reduced and my T3 increased. Don't see my thryoid doc for another week, but took the precaution of halving my synthroid--my cytomel is the same--and I have to say I feel exhausted.

DD today and a crappy one. Work related. Just hope I can power thru until 7:30 when I get home. Will report back

Ouis
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:50 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Well, my dd didn't go as well as planned. I had to do cupcakes with my girls group this afternoon and the candy corn grabbed me. I figure I took in around 300 calories between that and the two sandwich cookies and the orange slice.....ugh...sigh. LOL! I'm done for the day and am not even really sure but by my best calculations, somewhere closer to 800 calories total for the day. Not too bad but I'll be glad to go to bed, lol!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #115
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Leisa, that sort of thing has happened to me many a time. It really isn't so bad. Tomorrow is another day (and an UD at that ).
Old 02-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mammapo
Stats: 184.4/168/140
Start Date: 1/9/ 2009. paused 2/2010. restart 10/30/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Weekly Weigh In

Down 2 lbs this morning to 189.5! I am ecstatic and hope this continues because before long I'll be seriously looking at maintenance.

At my age and with my history of obesity, I don't plan to get down to a 'chart weight'--what I should weigh for my height--but a weight at which I feel comfortable and look presentable. From way in the past, I suspect it's about 170. I plan to try to maintain there for at least 6 months before I decide whether I should go any lower. (Keep in mind that having been 340, I have a lot of loose skin that adds to my weight but isn't fat, so at 170, I'd probably be closer to 155 in terms of body composition.)

The increase in my rate of loss last month (double my normal rate) seems to be continuing, and I'm wondering whether there's been some healing of my metabolism--and if so, what's responsible. My reason for thinking this is that I have been feeling very 'edgy' lately--restless and wanting to move often. I read once where you can identify people with higher metabolisms because they tend to be 'fidgety'--and that's what I've been doing lately. (I checked both my BP and pulse rate and neither is any higher, so this is not from caffeine or any other stimulant.)

If this is true, and I'm burning calories more efficiently, I'm wondering what's done it:

1. A long-term effect of JUDDD? I've been doing this for over 11 months now, and I wonder whether this can be a natural result of calorie restriction.

2. My primal WOE?--This began shortly after I eliminated all artificial sweeteners, grain, and dairy, in addition to the sugar and starch that I had already eliminated. I eat almost no processed foods at all. I've heard that Jillian Michaels' book on healing the metabolism calls for the elimination of processed foods and additives, and I'm wondering whether there really is a very positive effect to such clean eating. But I don't think I've been doing this long enough to have such a strong effect--but I really don't know.

3. Just the weight loss itself? This I doubt because I've had substantial weight loss (in the distant past), and I've never had a reaction like this.

Whatever it is, I feel great and am very happy with my WOE.
my 2p

1. You had an undiagnosed wheat//gluten/dairy intolerance (or all of the above) - scientifically proven to cause symptoms like low thyroid, inflammation, slowed metabolism, eating problems, IBS and all that jazz... need I go on? Dropping these helps your body actually absorb nutrients, shutting off the starvation response and allowing healing. And yes, I am an expert in this particular field.

2. A primal WOE eliminates many of the things which must be stored in fat - hormones, pesticides, additives, chemicals. No need to store them as a buffer = no need to have extra fat. Lots of detox at first followed by a rapidly healing metabolism and shrinking waistline.

3. You've had weight loss... but significantly more important - what quality of weight loss? You've had weight-loss-with-muscle-loss, I'm sure; weight-loss-with-slowed-metabolism; and all sorts of in between. I'm guessing this is the first weight loss you've had where you're actively releasing 'skinny' hormone into your body and reducing inflammation, while preserving BOTH muscle mass and metabolism. Pause to think......

Quote:
Originally Posted by tami73 View Post
mammapo, Leo and nitenurse - Ok, I feel well and truly told off and I will not be doing the second dd today as I had planned! lol. I suppose if it aint broke, don't fix it so I will just continue as I was and weigh myself after a down day every 8 days as if I did it weekly it would mean that I would be weighing after an up day which I dont want to do.

Just a small word on working out, I do alternate between weights and cardio but during my weight sessions I don't work my muscles to failure, I just do the same number of reps. Maybe I should try doing a power of 10 workout this week to replace my weight sessions but still continue with my cardio and see if I get the same of even better results? I'm still reading it now so hopefully I will be done before tomorrow's weights session.

Well done on the loss Leo! You will be in maintenance mode before you know it! For me that's about a year away!!
Try a power of 10 workout. Remember total failure in 6-8 reps doing a slow 10 down, 10 up count. If you don't get to 6 you're too heavy. If you go beyond 8 you're too light. Don't go faster than a 20 count (10/10) or you cheat yourself of the benefits. Also remember you MUST work every single part of your body - no doubling up or skipping! - including back, inner and outer thighs, glutes, abs etc.

Yes, try this with cardio, if you prefer, with the caveat that you need to take a good 24-48 hours off of ANY exercise after a serious power of 10 workout or you WILL NOT get the benefit (your body needs that time to rebuild, else you will get big and not tight and you will see reduced results/benefit in both weights and cardio).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
well, I've just sat down to count up my calories today and I've had what I would consider (only) 1858 calories......Mammapo, would you consider that enough? I did work out today. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, than tried to do as heavy as I could do on several machines for about 20-30 minutes, mostly upper body but some lower. I'm still planning to let tomorrow be another UD.
I wouldn't consider it enough, but it's all good - there are days I don't get enough and days I get WAYYYYYYYY enough (my SUDs like Superbowl Sunday lol) so it balances.

See my above for power-of-ten suggestions.

Enjoy this WOE - as it gets more natural it will also get more intuitive. And always, always, always reevaluate your calorie needs. When I first start upping workouts, I simply add those extra allowable calories to my daily 'budget'. For every 2 weeks in a row where I find myself doing a consistently harder workout at that level, I up the calorie counter at the JUDDD site.

Naomi
Old 02-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammapo View Post
Try a power of 10 workout. Remember total failure in 6-8 reps doing a slow 10 down, 10 up count. If you don't get to 6 you're too heavy. If you go beyond 8 you're too light. Don't go faster than a 20 count (10/10) or you cheat yourself of the benefits. Also remember you MUST work every single part of your body - no doubling up or skipping! - including back, inner and outer thighs, glutes, abs etc.

Yes, try this with cardio, if you prefer, with the caveat that you need to take a good 24-48 hours off of ANY exercise after a serious power of 10 workout or you WILL NOT get the benefit (your body needs that time to rebuild, else you will get big and not tight and you will see reduced results/benefit in both weights and cardio).

I wouldn't consider it enough, but it's all good - there are days I don't get enough and days I get WAYYYYYYYY enough (my SUDs like Superbowl Sunday lol) so it balances.

See my above for power-of-ten suggestions.

Enjoy this WOE - as it gets more natural it will also get more intuitive. And always, always, always reevaluate your calorie needs. When I first start upping workouts, I simply add those extra allowable calories to my daily 'budget'. For every 2 weeks in a row where I find myself doing a consistently harder workout at that level, I up the calorie counter at the JUDDD site.

Naomi
Naomi, then you'd probably be happy to know that I didn't quit with the 800 calories.........:blush: I think the sugar from the girls meeting just set off a hunger in me. I ended up eating some of the dinner my husband made (rice and hamburger casserole thingy) I'm going to leave my UD tomorrow as planned but have already planned my next dd to be a good one. Which brings me to a question. What formula are you using to figure calorie levels? I get much lower numbers from the website when I do it. Also, is there somewhere where I can read more indepth about Power of 10. I'd really like to do that when I get back to the gym.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mammapo
Stats: 184.4/168/140
Start Date: 1/9/ 2009. paused 2/2010. restart 10/30/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
Naomi, then you'd probably be happy to know that I didn't quit with the 800 calories.........:blush: I think the sugar from the girls meeting just set off a hunger in me. I ended up eating some of the dinner my husband made (rice and hamburger casserole thingy) I'm going to leave my UD tomorrow as planned but have already planned my next dd to be a good one. Which brings me to a question. What formula are you using to figure calorie levels? I get much lower numbers from the website when I do it. Also, is there somewhere where I can read more indepth about Power of 10. I'd really like to do that when I get back to the gym.
This is how i get your numbers:
5'4''
47years old
female

IF YOU DO
3 miles per day X4 times a week PLUS 2-3 workouts of weights = moderate excercise
Weight loss level 30%
Calorie Calc:
UD 1862
DD 559

But you sound to all intents and purposes like you do...
3 miles per dayX5+days per week PLUS one long run PLUS 3-4 sessions with weights. Which places you at hard activity level
Weight Loss 30%
UD 2072
DD 622

What do you get?
Naomi
mammapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
just finished a 500 cal DD. Awful day at the office, including a patient screaming at me. No stress eating, hooray. UD tomorrow, but I am considering trying to make it a Fast-5--

Been reading the Pa-Nu site all day, as well as Mark's Daily Apple. Giving up sweets seems to be the obstacle--I love my 85% chocolate--altho giving up AS, especially diet soft drinks seems to be where I should start. sigh. always having to give up something in the name of health

Ouis
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammapo View Post
This is how i get your numbers:
5'4''
47years old
female

IF YOU DO
3 miles per day X4 times a week PLUS 2-3 workouts of weights = moderate excercise
Weight loss level 30%
Calorie Calc:
UD 1862
DD 559

But you sound to all intents and purposes like you do...
3 miles per dayX5+days per week PLUS one long run PLUS 3-4 sessions with weights. Which places you at hard activity level
Weight Loss 30%
UD 2072
DD 622

What do you get?
Naomi
okay, yes, that looks right! If I start doing the Power of 10, would you recommend the last calorie level?