Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Hey guys,

I just wanted ya'll to know I am here and read all the posts, but have been having a bit of a hard time. I didn't want to discourage anyone so I haven't been posting much.

I am still at siggy weight. I will admit I have my good and bad days and have not been doing JUDDD by the book. I have had too many UD's in a row and so on.

I have 3 weeks before we leave for Cancun and realize I need to get serious before we go and maybe lose a couple of lbs. I won't give myself a number because that never seems to work for me. My goal is to stick to JUDDD, by the book and do the best I can.

Leo - You are kicking butt!

Kisha - Hey girl!

Leisa - Glad to see you still here!

Good morning to all JUDDDers!

Hypothyroid

Mini-goals:
120 115 110
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2010, 08:22 AM   #62
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Yea, Mammapo! Great response. I totally agree with you about singular DDs, especially since I think that it's a 'slippery slope'--i.e., if 2 DDs in a row work, what about 3--or 4?

A while ago I posted that I came across a JUDDD thread somewhere else (don't recall where), and someone there was doing consecutive DDs of 4 and 5 at <500 cal each! I was really upset that she was calling this "JUDDD" because it was misrepresenting the program and getting others to do the same.

Personally, I'm so relieved when I've managed to complete a good DD that I look forward to the next day with such relief that I can't imagine wanting to do another DD .

I also SO agree with you about slow loss. Although I hate it (wouldn't it be wonderful to lose as quickly as I can gain:blush, I know it's best for several reasons:

1. Having to struggle to lose every pound makes me more determined never to let the scale go up again.

2. JUDDD is providing me with so many insights into food issues along with way that I find it invaluable. I have totally embraced this WOE and my dietary limitations (self-imposed for health reasons), which makes it very easy to maintain this pattern of eating (and not eating!).
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:41 AM   #63
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Gina-
You got it right--in deference to.

What's difficult about those pesky prepositions--is to "to" or "of" or "on"?--is that our usage in English is almost entirely idiomatic--i.e., there are no rules to follow, just common usage.
Boy, isn't that the truth. I teach English language learners almost exclusively and I frequently have no good explanation for why we say things a certain way. The kids have the best explanation I think, "English is coo-coo Teacher."

One thing that is very rewarding though is when all of their English has come from school they say things like "May I use the restroom" and "Jenny and I like to play jumprope."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Two challenging weekends ahead of me. Too active and busy of a social life--Very big fundraiser (that is ALL about desserts) tonight--but I am making my DD plan, I will eat some protein ahead of time, and I will take an Atkins shake with me to drink--the fat should help me get thru. Then we go to san jose for a big event and dinner on saturday and then a champagne brunch on sunday. Valentine's weekend, we are going to see some friends in Monterey. Argggh.
Ouis
We must be neighbors. I live a few miles south of Santa Cruz.

I understand about trying to control the UDs. I think that is key for me. If I really treat them as "UP" days, I can wipe out all my DD progress. I was just thinking this morning I wish it was called the Medium Day-Down Day Diet. I don't think that would have sold as well though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetaz View Post
At times, that all-over-the-place feeling carries over to the DD and it can be hard. Does anyone find eating one a day on the DDs help? Going to sleep early on the DD is an excellent tip. Thanks!
It doesn't for me. I have tried many variations ans I seem to do best just having a normal day with different choices for my meals. I used to skip breakfast before I started taking morning meds and supplements, but I need to eat a little something now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSugarShell View Post
Hey guys,

I just wanted ya'll to know I am here and read all the posts, but have been having a bit of a hard time. I didn't want to discourage anyone so I haven't been posting much.
Good to "see" you.

Quote:
Yea, Mammapo! Great response. I totally agree with you about singular DDs, especially since I think that it's a 'slippery slope'--i.e., if 2 DDs in a row work, what about 3--or 4?

A while ago I posted that I came across a JUDDD thread somewhere else (don't recall where), and someone there was doing consecutive DDs of 4 and 5 at <500 cal each! I was really upset that she was calling this "JUDDD" because it was misrepresenting the program and getting others to do the same.

Personally, I'm so relieved when I've managed to complete a good DD that I look forward to the next day with such relief that I can't imagine wanting to do another DD .

I also SO agree with you about slow loss. Although I hate it (wouldn't it be wonderful to lose as quickly as I can gain:blush, I know it's best for several reasons:

1. Having to struggle to lose every pound makes me more determined never to let the scale go up again.

2. JUDDD is providing me with so many insights into food issues along with way that I find it invaluable. I have totally embraced this WOE and my dietary limitations (self-imposed for health reasons), which makes it very easy to maintain this pattern of eating (and not eating!).
+1

A DD on tap for me today. Tomorrow is official weigh day. Yesterdays UD went well. I had a few things I don't normally but I feel ready to tackle the DD. I have been having a canned lite soup (I gave those up some time back in an effort at clean eating) that is making things easier for lunch. I try to keep DD foods simple and it is pretty satisfying when I eat it with a small spoon and then sip the broth.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-05-2010, 09:46 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
well, I'm just breaking all my rules! lol! I had an egg white "scramble" today with one thin slice of bacon in it. I planned a fast 5 day, but am starting to wonder if my failed dd's have been because I'm getting so hungry, that I cave and when I cave, I cave hard. I also think I might be stressing a bit as apparently there are power outages all around and I don't know if we will keep our power or not, Soooooo............blah. ok, had my eggs, having more tea and now will go focus on little girls, one who is still feeling pretty crummy and another who has an earache.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:07 AM   #65
Senior LCF member

Michelle-
Good to see you again. Yes, numbers don't work for me either. I think our bodies like to frustrate us by making sure that if we set target weights, we don't achieve them My approach is just to do the best I can and hope for a loss.

Gina-
Finally someone who eats on DDs as I do! I was beginning to think that I was the only one who ate 'meals' on DDs. I, too, became a breakfast eater some years ago when I needed food for my meds, and it has become my favorite meal. I find that if I stay with protein and/or fat, eating doesn't make me any hungrier.

Leisa-
You may be right about trying to do Fast-5 on DDs. You might try what Gina and I do. Of course, then eating with your family may be a problem because your own 'meal' will be rather small. But if that doesn't bother you, it's worth a try. Personally, I know that if I forced myself to wait to eat (as opposed to just not being hungry), I would almost certainly cave and eat too much.

What's nice about these 100-150 cal "meals" that I have is that my body seems to have gotten used to them, so on an UD, I'm satisfied with much less food at a meal than I would have eaten 'pre-JUDDD.' Unlike those who have wanted to binge on UDs when they began JUDDD, now that I'm doing it for over a year, I find that I want to eat less on UDs. There are some exceptions (like yesterday), but I've frequently found myself trying to add calories on my UD so as not to be too low--a very unusual situation for me!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Michelle-
Good to see you again. Yes, numbers don't work for me either. I think our bodies like to frustrate us by making sure that if we set target weights, we don't achieve them My approach is just to do the best I can and hope for a loss.

Gina-
Finally someone who eats on DDs as I do! I was beginning to think that I was the only one who ate 'meals' on DDs. I, too, became a breakfast eater some years ago when I needed food for my meds, and it has become my favorite meal. I find that if I stay with protein and/or fat, eating doesn't make me any hungrier.

Leisa-
You may be right about trying to do Fast-5 on DDs. You might try what Gina and I do. Of course, then eating with your family may be a problem because your own 'meal' will be rather small. But if that doesn't bother you, it's worth a try. Personally, I know that if I forced myself to wait to eat (as opposed to just not being hungry), I would almost certainly cave and eat too much.

What's nice about these 100-150 cal "meals" that I have is that my body seems to have gotten used to them, so on an UD, I'm satisfied with much less food at a meal than I would have eaten 'pre-JUDDD.' Unlike those who have wanted to binge on UDs when they began JUDDD, now that I'm doing it for over a year, I find that I want to eat less on UDs. There are some exceptions (like yesterday), but I've frequently found myself trying to add calories on my UD so as not to be too low--a very unusual situation for me!
frustrating thing is that now I'm hungry but I will wait and see how things go. It's subsiding a tiny bit though, so I know it will pass. I often eat differently than my family so it's not a huge deal. I've become pretty used to not eating what they're eating. Like this morning I made cinnamon rolls for them and even had to lean over the plate while making my eggs and it didn't bother me. I did, however, promptly put them away when the hunger started a little bit after eating my eggs. They were beginning to tempt me, but I didn't give in Many times in the past, I would have caved. That's where I totally credit you all. I have watched you all hold off to temptation and realized I can do that too! still not sure how it's going to be to eat on dd's....I still do feel pretty hungry, bu probably no hungrier than I would have without food...seems I go through periods of hunger that passes even when I don't eat, but for some reason, my mind says "you ate, you should NOT feel hungry...you need more" but when I don't eat, I tell myself "this will pass" hmmm.....I just need to tell myself that when I have eaten too! I'm glad I did that. This woe really does deal with our "reasons for overeating" in the first place. Feels great to conquer all those bad habits!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Can it be? I put my egg whites and one thin slice bacon into ****** and got only 27 calories for the bacon? 78 calories total for my 3 eggs (whites only) and bacon?
Old 02-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #68
Senior LCF member

That total seems about right, Leisa. It's amazing how few calories egg whites have--which is why that's my standard DD breakfast. Sometimes I just eat egg whites 3X on a DD!
Old 02-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That total seems about right, Leisa. It's amazing how few calories egg whites have--which is why that's my standard DD breakfast. Sometimes I just eat egg whites 3X on a DD!
ok, I think I was more amazed at the 27 calories for the bacon, but ok. Just had about 50 calories worth of steamed broccoli and cauliflower. LOVE IT!
Old 02-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Want to add my fwiw opinion,too, For me it's really dangerous to try to do 2 dds in a row, better the uds, 2 in a row. When I am not eating enough on the uds, or not good quality food (protein), I can't get through the dds. Had to really look at this, I think I was defeating JUDDD and perhaps messing with slowing my metabolism down, because I was stalled. I gave myself 3 pretty good eating days (ud, md, ud) and it seems to have staightened out.
I weigh on Monday or Tuesday each week, which ever follows a dd-Actually, I weigh more often than that, But that is the one I record.
I just about fell off the scale this am, because my wt crawled down another pound, after a UD??Will see if it holds on Monday and Tuesday, which ever is my "official" day. Officially, I am still doing about a pound a week, I am so afraid this is not going to continue, because I am getting into territory I haven't been in for 20 years, but it still seems to be happening.
Courage, everyone, we can do this.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Wishing everyone a nice weekend! I'm still on my experiment of 1400 calories daily - not too painful. I'll give it a couple of weeks before I weigh. I hear Retro's back in town! Hope she stops by and visits our little dot in cyberspace.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Wishing everyone a nice weekend! I'm still on my experiment of 1400 calories daily - not too painful. I'll give it a couple of weeks before I weigh. I hear Retro's back in town! Hope she stops by and visits our little dot in cyberspace.
Hi!!! good to "see" you here! I'm glad you're finding your 1400 calories not too painful. After doing dd's, I think I would see it as much more do-able than I would have in the past, lol! Keep checking in with us!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #73
Senior LCF member

Nitenurse-

Believe! I'm at a lower weight than I've been for 35 years, and I'm still losing--and you can, too. I think there are 'set points' along the way (a weight that we've stayed at for a long time) and those points are difficult to push the body through, but once we get by them, it seems to get easier. For example, I weighed about 250 for a while (before my weight crept up), and on the way down, I really stalled at 250 for a while. That's what actually drove me to JUDDD, and even with JUDDD, it was slow getting below that number.

Redeemed-

Thanks for checking in! I'm amused at your phrasing of 1400 cals as "not too painful." I'm just finishing a 350 cal. DD, and 1400 seems like an absolute orgy to me right now Soon it will be tomorrow. . . .
Old 02-05-2010, 06:07 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Nitenurse-

Believe! I'm at a lower weight than I've been for 35 years, and I'm still losing--and you can, too. I think there are 'set points' along the way (a weight that we've stayed at for a long time) and those points are difficult to push the body through, but once we get by them, it seems to get easier. For example, I weighed about 250 for a while (before my weight crept up), and on the way down, I really stalled at 250 for a while. That's what actually drove me to JUDDD, and even with JUDDD, it was slow getting below that number.

Redeemed-

Thanks for checking in! I'm amused at your phrasing of 1400 cals as "not too painful." I'm just finishing a 350 cal. DD, and 1400 seems like an absolute orgy to me right now Soon it will be tomorrow. . . .
haha! yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing about the 1400 calories!
Old 02-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

okay, ended my dd at roughly 600 calories...we had homemade chili and I really have no idea how many calories are in it. ****** doesn't allow for a way to enter ingredients....well, I guess I could just put them in individually instead of saying "chili" but.....need to see if there is a place to do that...daily plate? anyone know?
Old 02-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mammapo
Stats: 184.4/168/140
Start Date: 1/9/ 2009. paused 2/2010. restart 10/30/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
having my tea now! I just remembered that I plan to have two UD's in a row for Saturday and Sunday, which at first made me think "yeah!" and then I started feeling bit of worry over what it would do to my weight, BUT I need to think long term, not what my weight will be on Monday, right???? so, I'll stick with my plan and I am going to try to cut back on sugars and simple carbs.
DO NOT WORRY - it's absolutely allowed. And if you're too nervous, just have UDs instead of the Planned SUDs (or have just one SUD)

This is why I don't weigh after every day or every DD. You really need to see the weight cycle with your hypo and hormones for a good solid 12 weeks, remember??? Most of us were shocked to discover that the long term effects of this diet proved that those two UDs in a row were not sabatoge at all....

so enjoy yourself. It's your vacay from dieting.

Quote:
Can it be? I put my egg whites and one thin slice bacon into ****** and got only 27 calories for the bacon? 78 calories total for my 3 eggs (whites only) and bacon?
Aha! Confirms you may be underfeeding without even knowing it. :-D I use The Daily Plate. Way more items, way more options than ******. Way more accurate, too

Quote:
okay, ended my dd at roughly 600 calories...we had homemade chili and I really have no idea how many calories are in it. ****** doesn't allow for a way to enter ingredients....well, I guess I could just put them in individually instead of saying "chili" but.....need to see if there is a place to do that...daily plate? anyone know?
So you came in closer to 25% - that's awesome and once again confirmation that you can feel fine having that SUD this weekend without worrying.

Remember if you're going to do SDDs you need to balance them with at least one SUD in order to feel this lifestyle isn't too restrictive.

Otherwise, raise your calories a bit - by 50-250 calories on DDs/

WE ARE GOING FOR SUSTAINABLE LOSS AND LIFESTYLE... .not quick results

Old 02-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Mammapo!
Old 02-06-2010, 01:41 AM   #78
Senior LCF member

Weekly Weigh In

Down 2 lbs this morning to 189.5! I am ecstatic and hope this continues because before long I'll be seriously looking at maintenance.

At my age and with my history of obesity, I don't plan to get down to a 'chart weight'--what I should weigh for my height--but a weight at which I feel comfortable and look presentable. From way in the past, I suspect it's about 170. I plan to try to maintain there for at least 6 months before I decide whether I should go any lower. (Keep in mind that having been 340, I have a lot of loose skin that adds to my weight but isn't fat, so at 170, I'd probably be closer to 155 in terms of body composition.)

The increase in my rate of loss last month (double my normal rate) seems to be continuing, and I'm wondering whether there's been some healing of my metabolism--and if so, what's responsible. My reason for thinking this is that I have been feeling very 'edgy' lately--restless and wanting to move often. I read once where you can identify people with higher metabolisms because they tend to be 'fidgety'--and that's what I've been doing lately. (I checked both my BP and pulse rate and neither is any higher, so this is not from caffeine or any other stimulant.)

If this is true, and I'm burning calories more efficiently, I'm wondering what's done it:

1. A long-term effect of JUDDD? I've been doing this for over 11 months now, and I wonder whether this can be a natural result of calorie restriction.

2. My primal WOE?--This began shortly after I eliminated all artificial sweeteners, grain, and dairy, in addition to the sugar and starch that I had already eliminated. I eat almost no processed foods at all. I've heard that Jillian Michaels' book on healing the metabolism calls for the elimination of processed foods and additives, and I'm wondering whether there really is a very positive effect to such clean eating. But I don't think I've been doing this long enough to have such a strong effect--but I really don't know.

3. Just the weight loss itself? This I doubt because I've had substantial weight loss (in the distant past), and I've never had a reaction like this.

Whatever it is, I feel great and am very happy with my WOE.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:41 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmandM
Stats: Maintaining at 114 (5'5" 35 yrs)
WOE: JUDDD/Whole foods
Start Date: JUDDD start date: Nov. '08
Quote:
Weekly Weigh In

Down 2 lbs this morning to 189.5! I am ecstatic and hope this continues because before long I'll be seriously looking at maintenance.

At my age and with my history of obesity, I don't plan to get down to a 'chart weight'--what I should weigh for my height--but a weight at which I feel comfortable and look presentable. From way in the past, I suspect it's about 170. I plan to try to maintain there for at least 6 months before I decide whether I should go any lower. (Keep in mind that having been 340, I have a lot of loose skin that adds to my weight but isn't fat, so at 170, I'd probably be closer to 155 in terms of body composition.)

The increase in my rate of loss last month (double my normal rate) seems to be continuing, and I'm wondering whether there's been some healing of my metabolism--and if so, what's responsible. My reason for thinking this is that I have been feeling very 'edgy' lately--restless and wanting to move often. I read once where you can identify people with higher metabolisms because they tend to be 'fidgety'--and that's what I've been doing lately. (I checked both my BP and pulse rate and neither is any higher, so this is not from caffeine or any other stimulant.)

If this is true, and I'm burning calories more efficiently, I'm wondering what's done it:

1. A long-term effect of JUDDD? I've been doing this for over 11 months now, and I wonder whether this can be a natural result of calorie restriction.

2. My primal WOE?--This began shortly after I eliminated all artificial sweeteners, grain, and dairy, in addition to the sugar and starch that I had already eliminated. I eat almost no processed foods at all. I've heard that Jillian Michaels' book on healing the metabolism calls for the elimination of processed foods and additives, and I'm wondering whether there really is a very positive effect to such clean eating. But I don't think I've been doing this long enough to have such a strong effect--but I really don't know.

3. Just the weight loss itself? This I doubt because I've had substantial weight loss (in the distant past), and I've never had a reaction like this.

Whatever it is, I feel great and am very happy with my WOE.
Leo - that is amazing! Huge congrats to you. You are on your way to maintain lane! lol I have also heard that "clean" eating affect metabolism but who knows, maybe Naomi can chime in here. Whatever it is it's certainly working for you! Yay!
EmandM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:56 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Weekly Weigh In

WTG, Leo! That's awesome! I also always think that it's hard to say "well I never got this response before" when it comes to our bodies because our bodies are ever changing as we age, so you may get a different response at this age than you would have even 10 years ago. Whatever the reason (and yes, maybe Naomi can give some insight).....You are an inspiration!
Old 02-06-2010, 06:25 AM   #81
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Weekly Weigh In

Leo, that is fabulous!

I would bet is has something to do with your clean eating. Even if it is just one thing that you eliminated. Our bodies have strage reactions to things. I was on oral antibiotics (which barely controlled it) for rosacea for years. I stopped eating wheat and it went away completely in a few days. It is amazing how intricate our systems are.

I have my own happy weigh-in story to tell today too.............

I weighed 197 Monday morning before my first DD. This morning I am 192. I know it won't continue at that pace, but I do love the JUDDD honeymoon. 10 more pounds to get back where I was before my thyroid bonked on me.
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:33 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Good morning JUDDDers!!

Leo - Congrats on the weight loss!! You really are an inspiration. I am happy to see JUDDD continue to "work"!

I am at siggy weight this morning after an UD. That has alway been a good sign for me in the past, so I am hoping for a drop after today's DD.

I have been thinking about adding in some exercise. It really does make me feel better. I was exercising when I was losing so well before.

I am going to start cleaning house right now since we have people coming over for the Superbowl tommorrow. It will be a pretty big UD!

Michelle
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:37 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Leo, that is fabulous!

I have my own happy weigh-in story to tell today too.............

I weighed 197 Monday morning before my first DD. This morning I am 192. I know it won't continue at that pace, but I do love the JUDDD honeymoon. 10 more pounds to get back where I was before my thyroid bonked on me.
GME! You rock!

I'm only down about a pound (it might be 2) from last weekend. I'm not sure because last weekend I was in my funk and didn't weigh but I know I was up. I'm back to my stat weight of 149.

UD today and I'm finding myself standing in the kitchen thinking I can eat and then leaving the kitchen.....I've done that twice now. I think I'm settled on a healthy breakfast though which is a breakthrough of sorts for me. No more "free for all" thinking about these UD's.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSugarShell View Post
Good morning JUDDDers!!

Leo - Congrats on the weight loss!! You really are an inspiration. I am happy to see JUDDD continue to "work"!

I am at siggy weight this morning after an UD. That has alway been a good sign for me in the past, so I am hoping for a drop after today's DD.

I have been thinking about adding in some exercise. It really does make me feel better. I was exercising when I was losing so well before.

I am going to start cleaning house right now since we have people coming over for the Superbowl tommorrow. It will be a pretty big UD!

Michelle
Hi Michelle! I've been thinking about what worked so well before for me back in April when I did JUDDD and got down to 126. I was doing Fast 5 on UD's as well. I'm just not sure that that is something I would be willing to do from now on.....I enjoy breakfast food too much. so this time, I'm trying to think more about spacing out those calories and really counting them on UD's just as I would if I was just "dieting" being careful not to underfeed but also being careful to make good choices. I think it's more do-able for me in the long run and that at some point I could switch over to Fast 5 if I decided to but it would be after I hit goal and maintain. I love Fast 5 because it allows me to eat dinner with my family while controlling the overall calories but JUDDD seems to help get me to goal faster, so I'm sticking with that while I have all this weight to re-lose. Can't BELIEVE I was once at 126!!!!! I really want to get there and stay there again!

Ok, enough digressing...onward and er...downward!
Old 02-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle! I forgot to say on being at siggy weight after an UD! yeah!
Old 02-06-2010, 07:15 AM   #86
Senior LCF member

Gina-
That's great to lose like that! Isn't hypothyroid the pits? Make sure not to beat yourself up over any gain from thyroid because I know from experience that it's totally beyond your control. When my T3 tanked, I could have been fasting and still gained It's amazing what a little hormone can do.

Leisa-
If you decide to count on UDs, consider my experience. I normally keep my UDs to 1400 cal without difficulty, but twice recently, I felt true hunger and decided that since it was an UD, I should go ahead and eat. I added about 300 cal, and yet I lost well.

I think it's important to have a personal limit on UDs (yours will not be as low as mine), but I also think that if our body tells us we need more food, we should feed it. Thanks to JUDDD, I knew that this was real hunger and not the "eating for entertainment" that I did in the past.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:24 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Gina-
That's great to lose like that! Isn't hypothyroid the pits? Make sure not to beat yourself up over any gain from thyroid because I know from experience that it's totally beyond your control. When my T3 tanked, I could have been fasting and still gained It's amazing what a little hormone can do.

Leisa-
If you decide to count on UDs, consider my experience. I normally keep my UDs to 1400 cal without difficulty, but twice recently, I felt true hunger and decided that since it was an UD, I should go ahead and eat. I added about 300 cal, and yet I lost well.

I think it's important to have a personal limit on UDs (yours will not be as low as mine), but I also think that if our body tells us we need more food, we should feed it. Thanks to JUDDD, I knew that this was real hunger and not the "eating for entertainment" that I did in the past.
Yes! that happened to me just Thursday! I had eaten breakfast and thought I'd be good for quite some time before I'd feel hungry, but then at lunch time found myself famished and it was truly hunger....and I agree, you learn what real hunger feels like. Unfortunately I was in town with two of my daughters and it wasn't easy to make a good choice because we don't spend a lot of money on eating out so it was dollar burger for us. That caused me to eat more the rest of the day, I'm sure, so today I look forward to some good wholesome foods and see what calorie level I settle at. Believe me, I know all about the entertainment value of food! That's why I am starting over in my weight loss.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:12 AM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
Leo--I am really interested in your experience --and I have been reading quite a bit over at MDA--I do acknowledge that I am feeling very resistant about giving up AS--but I figure this is a process and not an event

Whole foods has some little packets of Almond Butter that I am eating for a treat on UD's--(as well as my beloved 85% chocolate).

I am really going to try and focus "just for today" on eating clean and whole foods--altho again, shirataki noodles are just so necessary for my DD eating--

Keep up the great work Leo--you are an inspiration!

Ouis
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:22 AM   #89
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tami73
Stats: Body Fat 45.6%/44.2%/19%
WOE: JUDDD with Burn the fat feed the muscle
Start Date: 29th November 2009
mammapo, Leo and nitenurse - Ok, I feel well and truly told off and I will not be doing the second dd today as I had planned! lol. I suppose if it aint broke, don't fix it so I will just continue as I was and weigh myself after a down day every 8 days as if I did it weekly it would mean that I would be weighing after an up day which I dont want to do.

Just a small word on working out, I do alternate between weights and cardio but during my weight sessions I don't work my muscles to failure, I just do the same number of reps. Maybe I should try doing a power of 10 workout this week to replace my weight sessions but still continue with my cardio and see if I get the same of even better results? I'm still reading it now so hopefully I will be done before tomorrow's weights session.

Well done on the loss Leo! You will be in maintenance mode before you know it! For me that's about a year away!!
tami73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janetaz
Stats: 198/189/135 restart 207.5/197.5/149
WOE: coming back to JUDDD!!
Start Date: restart JUDDD 7/4/14
Yeah Leo and Gina on your losses!!

I really get inspired by everyone in this group!!!

My DD turned into a UD yesterday, so back to DD today. Today, I ate breakfast instead of skipping it, so far so good.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
janetaz is offline   Reply With Quote