Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 06:09 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blood Sugar 101
Stats: 1998-2009 170/142/145---2010 138/142/138
WOE: 80-100g per day. Metformin (no more prandin!)
Start Date: First LC diet 1998, goal 2003, continual vigilance
Congrats to everyone who got through their DD.

Today I'm back at on a DD again. I'm going to eat my PB (for fat) early instead of late and see if that makes a difference. I think eating protein powder alone first makes me hungry later on.

Leo41, 1400-1600 is exactly where I've been maintaining. It is a reasonable level to eat at, but anything less isn't and I want to avoid it.

My blood sugars are creeping up--not unbearably, but it is something to keep an eye on. I had hoped giving the beta cells a day off would help, but because I'm eating so much more on the UDs it looks like they are more stressed. They are so extremely marginal right now I have to be careful about this. Hopefully if I get back to using more potent insulin the problem will solve itself.
Blood Sugar 101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2010, 06:15 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
and I finished at 488, HOORAY--my first DD under 500--

Ouis
See? We CAN do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyPat View Post
Hi everyone! Finished up less than 500 calories (90 of it was chewing gum!) which bloats my stomach - but HEY! at least I'm feeling full Congratulations Sherrie! You go Girl! That is so awesome....now remember the success and the feeling of accomplishment of your DD. It's a deposit in your memory bank, OK? and should help you with fuure difficult DD's. Now you know you can do it!!
That is so true....need to bank these feelings of being a success instead of a failure....good advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post

Sherrie-

That's terrific You're on your way! Just take it a day at a time, and soon you'll reap the benefits of this WOE.
ONE DAY AT A TIME....That's my motto! Thanks, Leo
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:24 AM   #123
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 2perfectgirls
Stats: 280 / 249/ 130
Hello all,

you all sound like your on a great path for 2010

I am ready to JUDD my way thru 2010 and came back here to hopfully join you all in doing the same!

Did my first DD of the year yesterday. Learning to make egg drop soup and have discovered I actually like hot herbal green tea made the DD go much easier.
2perfectgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:07 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Again posting to sing the praises of my green shake--so filling for so few calories--here is my recipe:

1/2 C frozen turnip greens
1/2 C frozen mustard greens
1/2 C frozen spinach
Crystal light to taste
3 ice cubes
Water
(and I add about a tsp of glucomman powder which makes it super thick and filling--you might try metamucil or psyllium)

Blend and drink--I figure the greens are about 50 calories--but probably with sufficient fiber to actually negate those calories--

Ouis

Last edited by ouizoid; 01-05-2010 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: text edit
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:03 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Great job everybody with the down days!! I pulled off a good one at around 450 calories. It wasn't easy, but not too bad. It felt good to just spend the afternoon drinking tea and lemon water. I just had a pork chop with a bit of chutney and green beans for dinner. If it hadn't been for the late xmas arrival of some spiced nuts from my neice, I would have been at 400 cal............................

Welcome wallaby, 2perfectgirls and andy other newbies!

Bloodsugar101: I will be so curious as to whether you think this woe increases your metabolism. I feel as if it does, but without having any way to really measure it, I am not sure.

So where is Kisha?
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #126
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
JUMPING AHEAD!!!

OMG! You guys have been busy this year LOL. I'm back reading on page one.

CONGRATS TO LEO!!! MY Friend I am so proud of you.

Last year ended with a carbtastic bang for me. My weight is way way up to 206. So thats my start weight for 2010. I guess I'm going for a DD today even though I ate a "regular" breakfast. I'm going to be out and about all day so I think I can do it. I'm thrown off because its a Tuesday which is usually UD. But since today is MY day one of 2010 DD it is.

Can't wait to be back on track and losing again... and off the carbs completely! Its so weird because my first 1.5-2 years on plan I absolutely NEVER NEVER CHEATED. Somewhere during my stall last year that started to change. well its over now.

Onwards and Downwards!
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #127
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Sherrie-

I just wanted to affirm GrammyPat's advice about your 'memory store.' During my first month on JUDDD, the honeymoon was over, and I had some really tough DDs. I developed a mantra that I've used ever since for the tough ones--"I've done this before, and I can do it today." Just reminding myself of the feeling of accomplishment in doing a DD seemed to help get me through.

Ouis-

I meant to reply when you first mentioned your green shake. I'm sure it's delicious, but personally, I'm not really satisfied with calories I drink. I have even found ways to put both my whey powder and my psyllium into foods to avoid having shakes--although I will make one if necessary. With greens, I prefer just steaming them because I relish the bulk--especially on DDs. There's nothing more filling than a 50 cal plate of steamed broccoli. But thanks for sharing it because many on this thread do shakes, and I'm sure they appreciate the recipe.

Kisha-

I'm glad you're back--on the board and on board with JUDDD and low carb again. We both know that we're champion gainers, and the only thing that keeps me on plan is the reminder of how slowly I lose and the struggle I've had to get where I am now.

I have a two-week cruise scheduled for next month, and I plan to not gain and really hope to lose a pound or two. That's going to be a real challenge (because food is a major source of 'entertainment' on a cruise ship), but I'm determined.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:53 AM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tami73
Stats: Body Fat 45.6%/44.2%/19%
WOE: JUDDD with Burn the fat feed the muscle
Start Date: 29th November 2009
Ok so I got the body fat monitor. I know that it only gives a ball park figure on where your body fat/muscle is at, its still a really useful tool for me. I am at 45% fat! Wow, I know. Based on the Katch-McArdle formula (BMR based on lean body weight), it would seem that my maintenance calories work out to about 1800 per day and not the 2158 on the JUDDD website! What a revelatiton! I guess if you've ever dieted (yo yo or otherwise) before starting this WOE then the calories on the up day are grossly overstated!

However if I start doing cardio 3-4 times per week then my calories for maintenance can increase to 2050. So until my cross trainer arrives and I actually start using it then my up day calories will have to be at 1800.
tami73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:20 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blood Sugar 101
Stats: 1998-2009 170/142/145---2010 138/142/138
WOE: 80-100g per day. Metformin (no more prandin!)
Start Date: First LC diet 1998, goal 2003, continual vigilance
Quote:
Originally Posted by tami73 View Post
Based on the Katch-McArdle formula (BMR based on lean body weight), it would seem that my maintenance calories work out to about 1800 per day and not the 2158 on the JUDDD website! What a revelatiton! I guess if you've ever dieted (yo yo or otherwise) before starting this WOE then the calories on the up day are grossly overstated!
Dr. Johnson is using the discredited Hall Benedict equation. I find the Mifflin St. Jeor equation (which is what I used in my calculator and is available at Calorie Restriction Diet Calculator - CRON Calculator, CR calculator too, scroll down) matches my own experience logging calories carefully.
Blood Sugar 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:56 AM   #130
Senior LCF member

Tami-

I don't know why Dr. J bothered to put in UD numbers because in his book he suggests that they're basically irrelevant for most people. However, I don't understand your objection to his number. If your maintenance is 1800 DAILY, the UD calories listed are for every-other-day, not every day, so there's really no comparison.

But, as I said before, he says that his UD number is more a limit than a goal and that people should eat 'to satisfaction.' What most people here do is find an UD number that allows them to lose and is comfortable for them (i.e., it's important not to feel deprived on an UD).

Personally, I see my UD number as the calorie level I will continue to eat in maintenance, and I'll stop losing by slightly increasing my DD calories. The sad fact of my age and metabolism is that there won't be much difference between how I eat now and how I will maintain. The good news is that I'm basically learning how to maintain while I'm losing--i.e., menus will not substantially change.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrammyPat
Start Date: December 2008
Successful UD today!

I actually came in under 1900 calories today eating 98% healthy food! I'm feeling very full of myself (and food!). Amazing what a big difference planning my food makes! But so worth it. Am looking forward to a good DD tomorrow w/breakfast of 1 eggbeater (30) + bison hot dog (60); lunch is 2 GG crisps w/one slice of turkey (24 + 50) w/pickles and mustard and 4 pcs. of turkey pepperoni (16) and dinner of 1 turkey slice with 1 LC wedge (50 + 35) with a pickle rolled up inside. Lots of water and some really good green tea we got from Costco should do the trick. I'm planning to get on the scale Thursday morning to assess the Holiday wreckage! Welcome back Kisha! Keep on posting, OK? we miss you! Sherrie, how was your UD today? I'm trying to slow down eating on my UD's and really focus on savoring the flavors of things. I find when I do that, I feel really satisfied and it's easy to remember what really good food tastes like.
GrammyPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Quote:
I actually came in under 1900 calories today eating 98% healthy food! I'm feeling very full of myself (and food!). Amazing what a big difference planning my food makes! But so worth it. Am looking forward to a good DD tomorrow w/breakfast of 1 eggbeater (30) + bison hot dog (60); lunch is 2 GG crisps w/one slice of turkey (24 + 50) w/pickles and mustard and 4 pcs. of turkey pepperoni (16) and dinner of 1 turkey slice with 1 LC wedge (50 + 35) with a pickle rolled up inside. Lots of water and some really good green tea we got from Costco should do the trick. I'm planning to get on the scale Thursday morning to assess the Holiday wreckage! Welcome back Kisha! Keep on posting, OK? we miss you! Sherrie, how was your UD today? I'm trying to slow down eating on my UD's and really focus on savoring the flavors of things. I find when I do that, I feel really satisfied and it's easy to remember what really good food tastes like.
It makes a big difference with me also. Congratulations on a great UD!
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fjeld
I once read an article that made a big impression on me, about a Japanese lady who was also a CEO of some company. As part of her inner and outer beauty routine she kept one day a week to herself when she fasted, kept talking to a minimum, no TV etc and just generally made it a quiet, meditative day to rest her body as well as her soul.

I always liked this idea and it goes well with ICR/IF, which gives your digestive system a chance to rest. Since my goal is to do just one (or two) DD:s a week I'm hoping to make at least one of these days an overall day for resting from the usual external things I preoccupy myself with. Like being online : )

I find DD:s a lot easier than fasting (even though the amount of calories on a juice fast can be about the same as a DD) and I'm glad for the research that suggests it's keeping calories low on a DD (for 36 hours) that's important, not the juice drinking or abstaining from calories altogether. Veggie juice makes me hungry shortly after drinking it but if I can munch away at my raw veggies it makes a DD pretty bearable. Thinking of having another DD this weekend.

Have a good DD or UD everyone!
fjeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:37 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

this is my UP day and I am having a hard time, wanting to eat a lot--I have not--as a matter of fact, I am at about 770 for the day with dinner waiting, but I am not liking how this is feeling--

Ouis
Old 01-05-2010, 05:55 PM   #135
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
So far so good on DD today. I had three fried eggs for breakfast 300 cals but nothing since then. Heading out of the house and won't be home til ten pm so i SHOULD pull this one off!
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Grammy Pat....interesting you should ask about my UD. My plan for these first two weeks was to just have successful (<500cal) alternating DD's. I wasn't going to worry about the UD's (although they are what did me in the last couple of times I tried JUDD).

Well, I decided this morning to count my calories today anyway just to get an idea and try to stay under 2000. I am with an Alzheimer's patient 1-2 days/week so packed my lunch, had my oat bran and apple with flaxseed and cinnamon for breakfast and had planned out my dinner....came to about 2000. Then came home and decided to go out to dinner and blew it with pasta and cheesy marinara sauce and breadsticks and couple bowls salad and then snacked on way too many pistachios tonight while watching Biggest Loser.

So I'm sitting here feeling like I've already blown this, when in reality I have stuck to my plan so far....clean DD and not worry about the UD. SOOOO....eating certain things makes me feel like I'm "cheating" and then the guilt and shame sets in that usually sets off the binge eating. I need to get my UD's under control, cause this feeling of guilt is what did me in before....even though I'm doing my DD's (well one so far okay).

This WOE certainly makes me more aware of my issues with food and how I sabotage myself. I will have another clean DD#2 tomorrow. Have to either work on keeping my UD's under control or getting rid of the guilty feelings.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
Old 01-06-2010, 02:18 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrammyPat
Start Date: December 2008
It's a DD today....

Sherrie, thanks for posting. I hope you don't feel that I singled you out; I was just reaching out and being curious how your day was going since you're new with this, that's all. Here's a thought for you: Perhaps you should just focus on one thing at a time. I know for me I get overwhelmed if I try to make too many changes at once. I'll start out OK for a day or two and then when it starts getting tough, I quit everything......I'm learning from JUDDD that if I incorporate just one change at a time (like the DD menu), and one day at a time, until I've mastered it, then I can incorporate another healthy change (like planning my meals ahead of time for the UD's) And to reinforce what Leo has said in the past, this is a process. To me that means that the days I think I "fail" are really lessons to me about me, and opportunities to figure me out, and also figure out how to tweak the plan so it works for me. I have reached a mental place where I'm just sick and tired of thinking it's the "Last Supper" on the UD's so now I'm making the effort to make those UD's work for me. But I would not have gotten to this place unless I had had way too many UD's for me. For whatever reason, I don't seem to make these lifestyle changes until I've reached that "sick and tired" place in my head!

So I think you're off to a good start - Dr. J. is more concerned about the DD than the UD so you're right where you're supposed to be.

Congratulations Kisha on your successful DD May the Force be with us all today.......
GrammyPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:23 AM   #138
Senior LCF member

Ouis-

Other posters have reported problems with hunger on UDs (and eating way too much) when they began JUDDD. I never had a problem, but I think it's because when I came to JUDDD, I was already restricting calories on a daily basis, so my UDs were just a continuation of how I'd been eating.

Most people found that after a while, the urge to eat too much on UDs passed, although some had to really fight through it. One tendency mentioned was thinking, "I better eat this today, or I'll be too hungry tomorrow," which often led to too many calories.

So perhaps this will pass naturally.

Sherrie-

Since you've had difficulty with JUDDD in the past, perhaps it would be better to limit yourself to your original plan--i.e., good DDs--and deal with the UDs later. You probably recall that many posters have struggled with UDs, even after they have their DDs under control.

Good DDs should give you some loss (and encouragement) even if your UDs are too high for a while.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:29 AM   #139
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tami73
Stats: Body Fat 45.6%/44.2%/19%
WOE: JUDDD with Burn the fat feed the muscle
Start Date: 29th November 2009
Quote:
Tami-

I don't know why Dr. J bothered to put in UD numbers because in his book he suggests that they're basically irrelevant for most people. However, I don't understand your objection to his number. If your maintenance is 1800 DAILY, the UD calories listed are for every-other-day, not every day, so there's really no comparison.

But, as I said before, he says that his UD number is more a limit than a goal and that people should eat 'to satisfaction.' What most people here do is find an UD number that allows them to lose and is comfortable for them (i.e., it's important not to feel deprived on an UD).

Personally, I see my UD number as the calorie level I will continue to eat in maintenance, and I'll stop losing by slightly increasing my DD calories. The sad fact of my age and metabolism is that there won't be much difference between how I eat now and how I will maintain. The good news is that I'm basically learning how to maintain while I'm losing--i.e., menus will not substantially change.
I think the problem with me is that I wasn't calorie counting on the up days and just guestimating my intake. Unfortunately I have always been the type who eats when I'm not hungry, I know I was totally overeating! I guess I work better with a bit of structure and limits rather than being told 'just eat to satisfaction'. I had an up day yesterday and I got to just over 1800 cals. Today is a down day and for the first time I am not bloated and sluggish like I was after every up day before.
tami73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:40 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sherrie, thanks for posting. I hope you don't feel that I singled you out; I was just reaching out and being curious how your day was going since you're new with this, that's all. Here's a thought for you: Perhaps you should just focus on one thing at a time. I know for me I get overwhelmed if I try to make too many changes at once. I'll start out OK for a day or two and then when it starts getting tough, I quit everything......I'm learning from JUDDD that if I incorporate just one change at a time (like the DD menu), and one day at a time, until I've mastered it, then I can incorporate another healthy change (like planning my meals ahead of time for the UD's) And to reinforce what Leo has said in the past, this is a process. To me that means that the days I think I "fail" are really lessons to me about me, and opportunities to figure me out, and also figure out how to tweak the plan so it works for me. I have reached a mental place where I'm just sick and tired of thinking it's the "Last Supper" on the UD's so now I'm making the effort to make those UD's work for me. But I would not have gotten to this place unless I had had way too many UD's for me. For whatever reason, I don't seem to make these lifestyle changes until I've reached that "sick and tired" place in my head!

So I think you're off to a good start - Dr. J. is more concerned about the DD than the UD so you're right where you're supposed to be.

Congratulations Kisha on your successful DD May the Force be with us all today.......
Oh I didn't feel like you were singling me out at all! We sound like twins!! I am just such a "all or nothing at all" type person and have sabotaged myself in the past when I've made a slip up and then felt like I'd "blown it". Just gonna take baby steps with this and back to my original plan of getting those clean DD's in for two weeks, then will reassess and go from there with the next step in the process.

Quote:

Sherrie-

Since you've had difficulty with JUDDD in the past, perhaps it would be better to limit yourself to your original plan--i.e., good DDs--and deal with the UDs later. You probably recall that many posters have struggled with UDs, even after they have their DDs under control.

Good DDs should give you some loss (and encouragement) even if your UDs are too high for a while.
You are exactly right, Leo...I need to do just that. Can't let my feelings of guilt over eating too much on UD's sabotage my success with DD's!! I think the fact that JUDD makes you so aware of your relationship with food is what excites me most about this WOE. Maybe I will finally divide and conquer the control food and my emotions have had over me for over half a century now.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:08 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Yesterdays DD-coffee with creamX2, small tomato soup, hamburger patty with onions and lowcarb catsup.-=about 500. And the scale was willing to give up a pound this am, so am really happy with JUDDD. I am keeping a food diary and graph, so if I could average a pound a week-wonderful. My feet would be happy, too.lol. I am reading all the posts, what an amazing bunch of people we are!!! I will go back and reread them all the time when if I seem to be losing my momentum, maybe even going back a month or 2.
Back in the day when I was most comfortable & losing with lowcarb I averaged about 1200 calories comfortably, without starving or binging. so even 500 alternated with 2000 would be pretty close if I ever get to maintainence, and so if I am doing that, this should keep working for me. That's pretty close to what the website says, too.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:13 AM   #142
Senior LCF member

Tami-

You are not the only one who eats when not hungry One thing I discovered from doing JUDDD is how much I was eating for 'entertainment.' That's the reason I was counting on UDs from the beginning. For me, eating "to satisfaction" would be TOO many calories because I'm rarely 'satisfied' when it comes to food.

JUDDD has changed all that for me, and I have my fingers crossed that this is a permanent change.

Sherrie-

You are not the only one who has been controlled by food for more than half a century As noted in my message to Tami (above), I'm hoping that the changes with JUDDD will stay with me because this is the first time in my life that I have felt control over my eating.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:20 AM   #143
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 2perfectgirls
Stats: 280 / 249/ 130
DD here

plan for the day is

Grapefruit - 82 cals
egg drop soup - 35 cals
chicken veggie bake - 270 cals
cucumber with vinagar - 30 cals
egg drop soup - 35 cals

for a total of 452 if day goes as planned

add in lots of green tea or crystal light

I am trying to plan my day so I dont restrict myself because I dont know what to eat OR go over because I am hungry and dont have the appropriate food to work within the DD.

hopfully its a plan for success

Good luck everyone on your days
2perfectgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:02 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
ditto to everything Leo said, I've been battling this forever, too, about 65 years since I was a really fat kid. My dad died when I was 7, I must have put on 100# in the next 4 years, ate constantly. When I was 11 I was about 4'10" and weighed over 200#. Had some skinny teenage years, when I smoked and was in perpetual motion, but it been back to frontline ever since. Atkins came out in 1972, and that was my salvation most of the time.
So even though the statistics are poor with people who had childhood obesity, I do believe this alternate eating is going to be my final solution.
Perfect, your DD sounds really good. This is my UD and I am having some coffee with cream, and don't plan on eating until much later when I have figured out and cooked something decent to eat-will be protein and vegs, pretty low carb, regardless.

Last edited by nitenurse; 01-06-2010 at 07:06 AM..
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:09 AM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[B]leo[B] Thanks for the support--here is what I think happened--I had done a DD three days before, and had forgotten this thing MY body does--which is a kind of rambunctious hunger 72 hours after a calorie drop. So, I wanted a reasonable UD yesterday, but was definitely fighting an inner assault by my hunger hormones. It is such a different, "bingey" feeling. I did not binge, although I did overeat some evil marcona almonds, but deducting for 30 min on the elliptical, my UD came in at 1650.

Today is a DD, and the last DD I can do til Saturday--I have a session with my trainer at 9am, so this will be interesting to see how a DD works with an intense exercise session. I just intend to stay very present and add some lean protein if I have to.

So far this morning, I do not have that agitated, gnawing feeling I had yesterday--which is a real relief. I am not weighing yet, but I do feel that I have dropped a little, which seems like a MIRACLE.

Thanks to everyone here for the support for all of us Newbies.

Ouis
Old 01-06-2010, 07:17 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

428270sh42acnblr.gif

Yesterday's UD was a little high for me (2400), so I'll consider it a maintenance day. I don't think it will put me over on the scale. If I hadn't been counting calories, I would have eaten a lot more. DD today will be saved for this evening because it's Wed. and I go into work at 11 PM. I'm going to have a serving of hot cereal and a bananna milk shake made with almond milk. This will give me energy to do my night shift. I think we have a set of triplets here - me, Sherrie and GrammyPat . I can relate to so much of what you two say.

FYI: There's an interesting thread on the Thyroid section of LCF. Pam addresses hypothyroidism and carbs and calories.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:32 AM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oooo--thanks Redeemed--I am hypo and will drop in and read--

Just wanted to add--and y'all talk me down please--that even tho I know we are supposed to add EVERY calorie on our DD-- that my inner rebel is complaining about lettuce, celery and cukes. Probably a hangover from my WW days, when veggies were free, but the calories on these things are so low and the fiber high enough that I notice my desire to close my eyes and look the other way, lol, and only count "real" food like protein, etc. I know, I know--rebel at one thing, and you open the door to All Sorts of naughty rebellions--Just need to be accountable about the things my mind is saying to me--

O
Old 01-06-2010, 07:42 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
oooo--thanks Redeemed--I am hypo and will drop in and read--

Just wanted to add--and y'all talk me down please--that even tho I know we are supposed to add EVERY calorie on our DD-- that my inner rebel is complaining about lettuce, celery and cukes. Probably a hangover from my WW days, when veggies were free, but the calories on these things are so low and the fiber high enough that I notice my desire to close my eyes and look the other way, lol, and only count "real" food like protein, etc. I know, I know--rebel at one thing, and you open the door to All Sorts of naughty rebellions--Just need to be accountable about the things my mind is saying to me--

O
From what I remember of the book, Dr. Johnson's plan is about calories only. All calories count on DD's. UD calorie guide is just that - a guide. You need to find out the numbers that work best. Some people can loose with higher DD numbers during on-going weight loss, but I think Dr. Johnson said Induction is supposed to be 500 or under to activate the SIRT1 gene. Quiz, I need to start incorporating "green stuff" into my diet. Do you like those green shakes you make? Are they good? I may try making one and add kale to it.

Last edited by Redeemed; 01-06-2010 at 07:44 AM..
Old 01-06-2010, 07:50 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

"I once read an article that made a big impression on me, about a Japanese lady who was also a CEO of some company. As part of her inner and outer beauty routine she kept one day a week to herself when she fasted, kept talking to a minimum, no TV etc and just generally made it a quiet, meditative day to rest her body as well as her soul." - - fjeld

I wish I could do something like this. My son has moved to an apartment and I could use his room as a "silent retreat" area on a DD that I have off work. I did a water fast a couple of weeks ago for a DD and went way overboard on the following UD. I may try it again on a day off of work to see if it goes better.

Last edited by Redeemed; 01-06-2010 at 07:52 AM..
Old 01-06-2010, 07:59 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Redeemed--I love em'--and I love them with fresh Kale--Fawn adds all sorts of good stuff to hers, but I need to keep mine low cal so I add half scoop of protein powder (35 cals/8g protein), crystal light for flavour and then greens and a few ice cubes and blend--I also add a little glucomman powder for the filling properties, but that is not necessary. I find that they carry me for several hours at a very low calorie level. Let me know how you like them, and thanks for the "tough love" re JUDDD!