Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 06:17 AM   #631
Major LCF Poster!
 
Redeemed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Beautiful Minnesota, Land of over 10,000 Lakes
Posts: 2,288
Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
Ya know Redeemed, that is a goal I have for myself. To be able to get to a point where I can eat a prescribed amount of calories every day. I'm very interested to see how things work for you so will you pop back in and let us know?! Besides that I'll miss you!
I'll miss the strong support here, but I'll stop by from time to time, and may even come back if that plan doesn't make a loser out of me. I choose to start with 1400 calories a day only because that is what Pam recommends for hypothyroid people. Leisa I'll stop by on FB from time to time to say
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2010, 06:20 AM   #632
Major LCF Poster!
 
LBishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Western NC, USA
Posts: 1,501
Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
I'll miss the strong support here, but I'll stop by from time to time, and may even come back if that plan doesn't make a loser out of me. I choose to start with 1400 calories a day only because that is what Pam recommends for hypothyroid people. Leisa I'll stop by on FB from time to time to say
Thanks! hey, what thread are you going to be at.....I'm curious about it. I know it's not for me at this point. I need to learn a little more about my eating tendencies and JUDDD is really helping me do that, but I really do have in the back of my mind the thought that somewhere down the road, I might be able to eat every day and handle it. that's my goal right now anyway...could change though as I continue with JUDDD.
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:28 AM   #633
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ouizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,518
Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I will be interested in your experience Redeemed. Just for myself I will say, as a hypothyroid person since I was 27--that I have tried months and months of eating at 1400 calories with nary a pound to be budged. But then, maybe I wasn't optimized!! I really want this to work for you--please do report back.

Speaking of optimization, I went to a new Thryoid doc who ordered a gazillion tests, so we shall see what we shall see.

The other good news is that I am down another two pounds into the 160s!!!!! Yay JUDDDD even with my bad upday. Today is an UD and I have a dinner meeting at my house--but people always bring salads, so I am going to try and keep it moderate

Now I need some JUDDD wisdom. I am planning to eat whatever I want on Saturday--which is my birthday--and we are going to the wedding of a billionaire client of DH. He has rented the Ferry Building in San Francisco--I am sure the food will be fantastic. In addition, my daughter, who is a food writer has been invited the same day to speak at a zinfandel/food festival in SF and wants me to be her +1. As you can see--a tasty carby upday. Some part of me is truly afraid it will ruin all my hard work!! Talk me down people!!



Ouis
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:30 AM   #634
Major LCF Poster!
 
Redeemed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Beautiful Minnesota, Land of over 10,000 Lakes
Posts: 2,288
Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
Thanks! hey, what thread are you going to be at.....I'm curious about it. I know it's not for me at this point. I need to learn a little more about my eating tendencies and JUDDD is really helping me do that, but I really do have in the back of my mind the thought that somewhere down the road, I might be able to eat every day and handle it. that's my goal right now anyway...could change though as I continue with JUDDD.
The thread for calorie counting support started by Dedicated (Cletra).
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:32 AM   #635
Major LCF Poster!
 
LBishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Western NC, USA
Posts: 1,501
Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
The thread for calorie counting support started by Dedicated (Cletra).
Yes, I found it.....mind if I stalk and watch your progress? (heavily breathing over your shoulder )
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:47 AM   #636
Major LCF Poster!
 
Redeemed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Beautiful Minnesota, Land of over 10,000 Lakes
Posts: 2,288
Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
Yes, I found it.....mind if I stalk and watch your progress? (heavily breathing over your shoulder )
Is JUDDD that painful? Sure, I'll be the guinnea pig.

Ouis I know there are those that would not be able to lose on 1400 calories a day. Actually, that's Leo's Up Day limit. I won't know unless I try. Congratulations on the two pounds.

Last edited by Redeemed; 01-27-2010 at 06:48 AM..
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:08 AM   #637
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,437
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Redeemed-
Do you think 7 days is long enough to really see how your body responds? It seems to me that any change usually results in some loss, and you'd need to be on a plan for at least a few weeks to a month to see whether it actually works for you on a consistent basis.

As you point out, that idea of 1400 cal a day for hypos is not true for everyone (such generalized statement rarely are). When I realized that I could not lose unless I ate <1000 daily, I assumed that any doctor would challenge that, but my endo agreed that with my age and hypo that was pretty accurate.

I certainly hope you can lose on 1400 a day because from my experience on UDs that can be very manageable.


Ouis-
Congratulations on the loss! I know how great it feels to get into a lower "decade." But I won't talk you down from that super UD coming up because it actually might be good for you--so long as you don't go crazy and binge on everything in sight (personally I'm fairly controlled in public.

The reason I say that it might be good for you is that an 'occasional' change in eating (no more than once a month or 6 weeks) when one is eating such a controlled diet as we are will help 'fool' the body--i.e., console it that there really is food available so that it doesn't have to hoard fat.

You might not only have a great time but lose a few more pounds in the week that follow. If you remember, I gained 2.5 lbs on my New Orleans odyssey but lost 3.5 the following week.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:26 AM   #638
Major LCF Poster!
 
LBishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Western NC, USA
Posts: 1,501
Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Is JUDDD that painful? Sure, I'll be the guinnea pig.

Ouis I know there are those that would not be able to lose on 1400 calories a day. Actually, that's Leo's Up Day limit. I won't know unless I try. Congratulations on the two pounds.
no, it's not! it's exactly what I need right now, but I'd still like to think that I could be "normal" at some point....I KNOW, I KNOW! but for instance, we are planning a road trip to visit family soon and I know that instead of just looking at it as a couple of weeks of UD's, I'm going to need to look at it as eating to live, not pigging out just because I'm not JUDDD'ing...(I am realistically seeing that I will not be JUDDDing during that time) I will probably just count calories during that time and at least try to maintain my weight. I dont' want to blow my progress with JUDDD while gone so instead of the all or nothing thinking I tend to fall into, I'm trying to think more in terms of just counting calories and staying within a prescribed daily allotment. So, I'm curious about your progress....that's all.
__________________
Leisa 151 150 149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:33 AM   #639
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ouizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,518
Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Leo--I remember you said that! The last time I had carbs was on Christmas, and the time before that was Thanksgiving--and I have lost more than 15 pounds since Thanksgiving, mostly due to JUDDD. Those were certainly carbfests. So I think you are on to something. Part of my dread is because I really like seeing the scale move down--and I know my carbup will temporarily reverse that--but that is all a mind game anyways, and it is the consistent downward trend I am after--

I can NOT tell you all how grateful I am to have found JUDDD. It has changed something so profoundly for me--I have so much more confidence in myself knowing I can handle a DD easily--and absolutely none of my LC efforts (other than *******, which made my hair fall out) had been having any effect at all. I actually think I can get to goal now--which is about 23 pounds from now.

Fortunately, I get another DD before my weekend in SF. My pattern of S, T, Th for DD's is awesome. And of course, I will keep the exercise up thru the weekend and jump right back on the DD horse on Sunday.

Thanks for the support all!

Ouis
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #640
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,057
Gallery: Ilpirata
DD Today

DD for me today!

GREAT WELL CONTROLLED UD YESTERDAY:

Calories 1,964
Fat 181.3 1,608 83 %
Carbohydrate 17.1 65 3 %
Dietary Fiber 1.3
Protein 62.7 260 13 %
Alcohol 0.0 0 0 %

Perhaps a bit less fat and a bit more protein would be ideal but I'm happy to come in under 2000 for the day


Like Leisa I'm actually LOOKING FORWARD to my DD today! This hasn't happened for me in months I've recently been approaching them with dread but today the rest from eating sounds appealing.

I've planned out my DD calories to the Nth degree for today and will be coming in at under 400 total! (yay)

this is the absolute BEST I have felt in several months. I don't feel fat and bloated even though my scale weight is up from where I'd like it to be. I think I feel good because I've had a good couple of eating days.

You know, I was talking to my sister the other day and I was telling her that I can feel good at almost any weight as long as the scale is in the right direction and I feel like I'm doing the right things for my health. For example I felt great at 243 because I had already lost twenty pounds, the scale was moving down and Iknow I was doing the right thing. Conversely if my weight went back up to 243 in the next six months I would be MISERABLE because I was gaining weight and eating horribly!

Reedemed - good luck with your experiment! Please keep posting here and let us know how it is going

Last edited by Ilpirata; 01-27-2010 at 11:18 AM..
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #641
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,437
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Yay, Kisha!

I'm so glad you're back on track and feeling good! The fact that your body is now welcoming the DD just shows how much it likes eating less.

DD today for me, too, although this one has been a little tougher than I like. I think it's because I'm tired (tiredness often mimics hunger). But I plan to get through it at c. 350 cal. After all, Kisha, I'm in NY and therefore closer to bedtime than you are
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:54 AM   #642
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: central pa
Posts: 530
Gallery: mammapo
Stats: 184.4/168/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 1/9/ 2009. paused 2/2010. restart 10/30/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkerbink View Post
Current weight: 153
Height: 5'7"
Gender: Female
Age: 62
Exercise: little to none, although I started an exercise video today (ouch!). I started out in college as a Phys. Ed. major and although I ended up with a different major I was always very active until my husband died 18 years ago. I moved back "home" and although I had a sedentary job I was able to keep my weight at about 140. I retired 3 years ago and that's when I found my weight creeping up. I'd like to get back to 140 or so. Is that too low?
According to my statistics your medically recommended range is 136-160. A BMI of 29 is considered healthy for those over 60 to protect from many age-related diseases. Your BMI is 24.

So here's my analysis:
1) You're within range, so your body will not want to lose weight. It would fight staying at the low end of the range - which is where your ideal goal weight puts you. You may want to consider making peace with this weight or scaling back expectations to a loss of 5 pounds or so - putting you at midrange of 148.

Also understand that any weight you take off will come off very slowly.

2) Your weight creep is probably due in part to losing muscle and therefore slowing the metabolism. You've really got about 10 years before your body will not be able to rebuild muscle when broken down. At that point there will be no point of return for lost muscle. I'd start a regimine of weights preferentially over aerobics. Additional muscle mass, as you know, will increase your metabolism.

This won't decrease your weight.... but it will slim you down. Muscle is, after all, more compact than fat.



There was a chart I used to use for people to show them how to use JUDDD in their diets/weights. The site won't let me do color, but fwiw, here it is:

FOR YOU
Quote:
135- WARNING you are underweight! Begin eating to gain weight

136-141 Low end of weight range. Continue JUDDD maintenance at 60% maintenance

141-146 Healthy weight range. Continue JUDDD Maintenance at 55%

147-149 Mid weight range. Continue JUDD maintenance at 50%

150-155 Healthy Weight Range. Continue JUDDD wl/maintenance at 45%

156-160 High end weight range. Continue JUDDD wl/maintenance at 40%

161+ - WARNING You are overweight! Commence JUDDD weight loss at 20-35%



Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Attachment 27751

Good morning everyone! Now that I'm optimized on the correct Thyroid med for me personally, I'm going to try a seven day experiment of eating 1400 calories every day. I know JUDDD works for me. If the 1400 calorie a day works for me, I'll decide which plan I like better. I'll have a free day the last Sunday of every month. I'll be back on a week to give report. In the meantime, I'll bop on over to Cle's thread and count calories with her and that group. Great success to everyone here - you're all wonderful!!!
Remember you need a MINIMUM of 3 weeks to know if a plan works for you. 12 weeks is actually recommended. A week isn't going to successfully answer your question, unfortunately.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Now I need some JUDDD wisdom. I am planning to eat whatever I want on Saturday--which is my birthday--and we are going to the wedding of a billionaire client of DH. He has rented the Ferry Building in San Francisco--I am sure the food will be fantastic. In addition, my daughter, who is a food writer has been invited the same day to speak at a zinfandel/food festival in SF and wants me to be her +1. As you can see--a tasty carby upday. Some part of me is truly afraid it will ruin all my hard work!! Talk me down people!!



Ouis
Enjoy your upday. That's what it's there for. If you're really really nervous, schedule a water fast for the next day. You don't need to, though - your body will adjust!!! Enjoy your freedom and remember that stress can make your body gain weight as much as overeating...... so whatever you do, make the decision and DO NOT STRESS about it!!!! Also do NOT weigh yourself for the whole week after. This way you will get to see the real effect of the upday and not the water bloat that has to be shed. You'll find it doesn't really affect you in the long run as long as you keep working the program.

__________________
5 pounds. If you can gain it in a single day, it's water. WATER WATER WATER! And...
Say it with me: "WATER FLUSHES!!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited by mammapo; 01-27-2010 at 11:57 AM..
mammapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:10 PM   #643
Major LCF Poster!
 
LBishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Western NC, USA
Posts: 1,501
Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
DD for me today!

GREAT WELL CONTROLLED UD YESTERDAY:

Calories 1,964
Fat 181.3 1,608 83 %
Carbohydrate 17.1 65 3 %
Dietary Fiber 1.3
Protein 62.7 260 13 %
Alcohol 0.0 0 0 %

Perhaps a bit less fat and a bit more protein would be ideal but I'm happy to come in under 2000 for the day


Like Leisa I'm actually LOOKING FORWARD to my DD today! This hasn't happened for me in months I've recently been approaching them with dread but today the rest from eating sounds appealing.

I've planned out my DD calories to the Nth degree for today and will be coming in at under 400 total! (yay)

this is the absolute BEST I have felt in several months. I don't feel fat and bloated even though my scale weight is up from where I'd like it to be. I think I feel good because I've had a good couple of eating days.

You know, I was talking to my sister the other day and I was telling her that I can feel good at almost any weight as long as the scale is in the right direction and I feel like I'm doing the right things for my health. For example I felt great at 243 because I had already lost twenty pounds, the scale was moving down and Iknow I was doing the right thing. Conversely if my weight went back up to 243 in the next six months I would be MISERABLE because I was gaining weight and eating horribly!

Reedemed - good luck with your experiment! Please keep posting here and let us know how it is going
My DD is going ok, but has been a bit hard, BUT, TOM finally started and I tend to be hungrier during that time. NOt fun! But I am still determined to have a good DD.

I don't feel the same way as you at all about my weight, Kisha! I don't feel good at 140pounds! I am miserable at 145 and totally uncomfortable at 150. I only start feeling better when at 135 but feel my best at 130. Interesting how you say you feel ok as long as it's going down. I'm miserable until mine gets down. Now granted I'm more comfortable with it when I'm using JUDDD because it helps cut down on the bloated feeling for me so that makes a huge difference but if I were eating every day, I would be completely uncomfortable in my skin until I reached 135 and then not my best until 130.
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #644
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10
Gallery: linkerbink
MAMMAPO - thanks for the info! It makes me think that maybe I should try for 148 or so. I also started an exercise routine that includes a strength component with hand weights. I used to do free weights (when I was a lot younger!) and REALLY saw results and I was quite "cut". I'm afraid those days are long gone, but I guess that's one image I have of myself and wish I could get back to again. I think I'll have to accept the fact that at 62 years of age that would be very unlikely to happen!!! I'll see what effect the exercise has....maybe I won't need to do any calorie reductions after all!
linkerbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #645
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,057
Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
My DD is going ok, but has been a bit hard, BUT, TOM finally started and I tend to be hungrier during that time. NOt fun! But I am still determined to have a good DD.

I don't feel the same way as you at all about my weight, Kisha! I don't feel good at 140pounds! I am miserable at 145 and totally uncomfortable at 150. I only start feeling better when at 135 but feel my best at 130. Interesting how you say you feel ok as long as it's going down. I'm miserable until mine gets down. Now granted I'm more comfortable with it when I'm using JUDDD because it helps cut down on the bloated feeling for me so that makes a huge difference but if I were eating every day, I would be completely uncomfortable in my skin until I reached 135 and then not my best until 130.
o thats interesting Leisa! Shows how different we all really are. Of course I am someone who is down significantly from my all time high over two years ago... and I've been quite obese in the past so I must have a much higher body fat tolerance than you do.
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #646
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,437
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Leisa & Kisha-

I think that Kisha has nailed it because I feel pretty much the same as she does--and I think the difference is how much we have to lose and how long we've been obese--compared to you, Leisa.

I'm far from any 'goal,' but I'm feeling great, and I think it's because I weigh less now than when I graduated from high school! Having been in the high 200s most of my adult life, at 195, I feel 'thin.' Of course, I know I'm not, but that's how I feel. It's all comparative.

I actually think it's good that you don't feel great, Leisa, because for me that would be motivation to lose. I have to keep using the scale numbers because if I just rely on how I feel or my clothes, I'd start maintenance tomorrow

Last edited by Leo41; 01-27-2010 at 01:36 PM..
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #647
Junior LCF Member
 
tami73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 23
Gallery: tami73
Stats: Body Fat 45.6%/44.2%/19%
WOE: JUDDD with Burn the fat feed the muscle
Start Date: 29th November 2009
Redeemed, we will miss you. Check in from time to time but I hope the new regime works for you!

So I had a relatively enjoyable 8 day cycle. Alternated my ups and downs as I planned to. Down days ranged from 1000-1150 cals and up days from 1690-2000. Increased cals due to excercise increase.

I did all my cardio and weights as well and I'm now up to 26 minutes of cardio which I am most proud of! Silly I know!

I checked my stats today. Body fat is 44.3% down from 44.8%. Woo hoo!! Muscle also up again so it looks like it was all fat lost this week. The weight amount lost was 2.2 pounds. Very happy indeed.
tami73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #648
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: central pa
Posts: 530
Gallery: mammapo
Stats: 184.4/168/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 1/9/ 2009. paused 2/2010. restart 10/30/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkerbink View Post
MAMMAPO - thanks for the info! It makes me think that maybe I should try for 148 or so. I also started an exercise routine that includes a strength component with hand weights. I used to do free weights (when I was a lot younger!) and REALLY saw results and I was quite "cut". I'm afraid those days are long gone, but I guess that's one image I have of myself and wish I could get back to again. I think I'll have to accept the fact that at 62 years of age that would be very unlikely to happen!!! I'll see what effect the exercise has....maybe I won't need to do any calorie reductions after all!
No problem!

You're still in prime stage to put on muscle, so if you really concentrate on that you may indeed get 'cut' again - just remember not to push too fast and always take a day in between to let your muscles really recover.

Every ounce of muscle you put on now will extend your life and quality of life - research shows mentally as well as physically - once you hit your senior years, so it's a good goal to work toward. My grandparents have just reached their mid seventies, and really started working out in their sixties. They have the bodies and minds of people in their early sixties. It's a goal I've set for myself.

For you it's 'make hay while the sun still shines' rather than 'use it or lose it' - the more progress you can make in the next 8-10 years the more maintaining at your ideal you can have after that...

Because you have that background, you'll actually have a better time of it than a nonathlete, so be encouraged! And remember the JUDDD plan works for anti-aging and antiinflammatory as well as boosting fat loss (notice I said fat and not weight) ... for all those reasons I HIGHLY recommend you stick with JUDDD even if on a maintenance level.

Last edited by mammapo; 01-27-2010 at 06:49 PM..
mammapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #649
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: central pa
Posts: 530
Gallery: mammapo
Stats: 184.4/168/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 1/9/ 2009. paused 2/2010. restart 10/30/2011
Good downday for me - about 155 calories max all said and done.

Looking forward to tomorrow:

B - pancakes, syrup and butter, and eggs
L - chili, romano cheese, salad with oil and vinegar
D - veggie and chicken potstickers, and hot chai latte made with almond breeze
About 1920 calories

Now I've got to get off to bed before I eat my arm
mammapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:20 PM   #650
Major LCF Poster!
 
snaggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: seattle
Posts: 1,451
Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Redeemed- good luck with your experiment. You better come visit us, because you are an important part of this group.

Kisha- I feel as you do about feeling way better heading down, that going up. That being said, for me the key is to catch the up trends before they get out of control
because I HATE having to re-lose the same darn lbs. over and over.

Ouis- SOunds like a delicious weekend. All I would advise is to try everything and just keep the portions under control. And of course, right back to a down day afterwards.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:02 AM   #651
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,057
Gallery: Ilpirata
UD TODAY!

Had a pretty good DD yesterday. I added a piece of light string cheeese to what I planned out so came in right at 500 cals. yay me.

Today I'm happy its UD! I'll be going to Gordon Biersch for lunch.

Panda is getting better too She did a binky last night. A binky is when a bunny just leaps into the air for no other reason than they are happy and enjoying themselves. Sick bunnies don't binky! I found out last night that she really likes just prunes baby food! I got this organic for tiny infants at Whole Foods. She wasn't into the banana or carrot but LOVED the prunes

I peeked at the scale this morning and am very very hopeful that I will just dip below 200 on my official weigh morning Saturday A.M. (following my planned great UD on Friday) ETA: Edited to change this to GREAT DOWN DAY ON FRIDAY OOPS.

So things are headed in the right direction and I'm pulling off my DD's!

Last edited by Ilpirata; 01-28-2010 at 09:19 AM..
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #652
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,437
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Kisha- Why are you planning to weigh after an UD? I'm always 'up' at that time, and the best time for me to weigh is after a DD. I do Saturday mornings because Friday is always a DD for me.

I, too, peeked at the scale this morning because even though I know it is normal for me to not lose at least one week in the month, I always freak out when I don't lose and worry that I'm suppressing my thyroid with low calories. I know that if my T3 goes too low, I not only will stop losing, I can begin to gain

Not to worry--I am down 2 lbs from last Saturday!

I'm also experiencing an UD phenomenon that's new to me--totally comfortable with my low calories. In fact, I could easily limit myself to 1200 on UDs, and "easily" is the key word. I'm someone who didn't have appetite suppression on almost zero carbs. It was one of the reasons I struggled so much to limit my calories on standard low carb. Unlike most people, I was always hungry, and if I just ate as much as I wanted of "legal" foods, I'd gain.

Thus, I'm amazed at the current situation that has been going on for a couple of weeks now. I am totally comfortable with the calories I allow myself--for perhaps the first time in my life. I wonder whether after more than a year on JUDDD, this is an effect of SIRT1? Whatever it is, I'm loving it and hope it continues.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:18 AM   #653
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,057
Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Kisha- Why are you planning to weigh after an UD? I'm always 'up' at that time, and the best time for me to weigh is after a DD. I do Saturday mornings because Friday is always a DD for me.

I, too, peeked at the scale this morning because even though I know it is normal for me to not lose at least one week in the month, I always freak out when I don't lose and worry that I'm suppressing my thyroid with low calories. I know that if my T3 goes too low, I not only will stop losing, I can begin to gain

Not to worry--I am down 2 lbs from last Saturday!

I'm also experiencing an UD phenomenon that's new to me--totally comfortable with my low calories. In fact, I could easily limit myself to 1200 on UDs, and "easily" is the key word. I'm someone who didn't have appetite suppression on almost zero carbs. It was one of the reasons I struggled so much to limit my calories on standard low carb. Unlike most people, I was always hungry, and if I just ate as much as I wanted of "legal" foods, I'd gain.

Thus, I'm amazed at the current situation that has been going on for a couple of weeks now. I am totally comfortable with the calories I allow myself--for perhaps the first time in my life. I wonder whether after more than a year on JUDDD, this is an effect of SIRT1? Whatever it is, I'm loving it and hope it continues.
I think I typod or posted that wrong! I have UD today, DD Friday and weigh on Saturday Morning. GIRL I DO NOT weigh myself after UD LOL.
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:37 AM   #654
Senior LCF Member
 
seoulgrlsara's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 83
Gallery: seoulgrlsara
Stats: sw: 223 cw: 204 gw: 185 by July 20
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 1/10 at 223 pounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
Ya know Redeemed, that is a goal I have for myself. To be able to get to a point where I can eat a prescribed amount of calories every day. I'm very interested to see how things work for you so will you pop back in and let us know?! Besides that I'll miss you!
Same goes for me. I NEED up days. I can't get passed not allowing myself to eat something. But I too, would love to be able to say "Ok, 1500 calories a day" and be able to do it. I cannot.
seoulgrlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #655
Major LCF Poster!
 
Redeemed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Beautiful Minnesota, Land of over 10,000 Lakes
Posts: 2,288
Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Thank you everyone for your fond farewells. Day two of 1400 calories. I have to undo my mindset of UD/DD routine. JUDDD taught me to make the most of every single calorie, so I'm making a smooth transition into 1400 cals. a day. I'll be back if I don't lose.

Thank you, MammaPo, for reminding me of the timeframe for seeing if a diet is working.

Tami I am quite impressed with your success and the way you are working JUDDD. Congratulations on your successful exercise program as well. I tried calorie cycling the first time I left JUDDD and lost 4 pounds the first week. But I was having thyroid problems at that time and no plan worked for very long. I may have a higher calorie day every weigh day (Wed.) of about 2200 calories, as that is what Twyla recommends. Twyla is Watch-Me-Shrink here on the boards, and has had great success calorie cycling. She goes quite high with her calories. You may find her journal interesting here on LC Friends.

Have a great evening everyone! I'll keep reading this great thread - as I know there will be many, many success stories.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #656
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ouizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,518
Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
DD here--One more hour til I can eat--I am planning a big pan of sauteed zucchini, mushrooms, eggwhites and parmesan--with a piece of Lindt 85% for dessert.

My clothes are definitely fitting differently--some of my pants are way too loose-but the last time I lost weight, I was in a big hurry to buy new clothes--and for whatever reason I don't feel that way this time--first of all because I can shop in my closet--but secondly, I just am trying not to rush anything, because I never ever want to go back. I am just beginning to get comments from people--I feel like I want to be slow and deliberate about it all. I want to enjoy the journey, not just the destination, because I feel that this time, I want to learn something I won't easily forget.

K'--nuff rambling. Where is Bill? Miss ya Bill

Ouis
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #657
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: central pa
Posts: 530
Gallery: mammapo
Stats: 184.4/168/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 1/9/ 2009. paused 2/2010. restart 10/30/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Thank you everyone for your fond farewells. Day two of 1400 calories. I have to undo my mindset of UD/DD routine. JUDDD taught me to make the most of every single calorie, so I'm making a smooth transition into 1400 cals. a day. I'll be back if I don't lose.

Thank you, MammaPo, for reminding me of the timeframe for seeing if a diet is working.

Tami I am quite impressed with your success and the way you are working JUDDD. Congratulations on your successful exercise program as well. I tried calorie cycling the first time I left JUDDD and lost 4 pounds the first week. But I was having thyroid problems at that time and no plan worked for very long. I may have a higher calorie day every weigh day (Wed.) of about 2200 calories, as that is what Twyla recommends. Twyla is Watch-Me-Shrink here on the boards, and has had great success calorie cycling. She goes quite high with her calories. You may find her journal interesting here on LC Friends.

Have a great evening everyone! I'll keep reading this great thread - as I know there will be many, many success stories.
((((HUGS))))

we look forward to hearing from you!!
mammapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #658
Major LCF Poster!
 
LBishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Western NC, USA
Posts: 1,501
Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Hi everyone! had a 4 hour drive to Atlanta and another 4 hour drive home today, so I'm exhausted! Today was my UD and I ended with just over 2000 calories....not too bad from eating out two meals. I had yogurt and cereal for breakfast, then Subway turkey sub for lunch and then a burger and fries for dinner with a few mini chocolates afterwards on the drive home. Looking forward to resting my stomach tomorrow! Goodnight!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:21 PM   #659
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,057
Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
Hi everyone! had a 4 hour drive to Atlanta and another 4 hour drive home today, so I'm exhausted! Today was my UD and I ended with just over 2000 calories....not too bad from eating out two meals. I had yogurt and cereal for breakfast, then Subway turkey sub for lunch and then a burger and fries for dinner with a few mini chocolates afterwards on the drive home. Looking forward to resting my stomach tomorrow! Goodnight!
Good job! Unfortunately i am quite sad to say goodbye to this UD! Not looking for DD tomorrow but AM excited about my official weigh in on Sagturday a.m. which should keep me on track!
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:52 AM   #660
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,437
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Ouis-
I think you're right on about "enjoying the journey." This is especially true with JUDDD. Although I certainly wish I could lose faster, I find that the insights into my food issues that I get with JUDDD are invaluable. The entire process feels "therapeutic" to me. I find that I'm not at all eager for it to be 'over.' In addition, since I have to fight my body for every pound, I am more determined never to see that scale go back up--at all.

Kisha-
I know that feeling of mourning the end of an UD. What I've found helpful in not dreading the DD is experimenting with different foods. This is dangerous because it's easier to remain low calorie by eating the same things every DD, but I've found by trying something new, it helps me 'look forward' to the DD a little.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.