Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
This is definately an UD Food. The recipe I used is:

1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 packet splenda (I used liquid equivalent)

Mix dry ingredients.

Add 1 large egg & 1 TBS Butter (I melted in the microwave)

Stir all together stir well. Microwave for 1 minute (I did 1.5 minutes)

I plugged the nutritional information into a recipe calculater and came up with this:

Calories 302.3

Total Fat 25.6 g

Saturated Fat 9.9 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 8.1 g

Monounsaturated Fat 6.9 g

Cholesterol 243.0 mg

Sodium 145.4 mg

Potassium 189.4 mg

Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g

Dietary Fiber 9.2 g

Sugars 0.1 g

Protein 12.5 g
Thanks...that's the recipe! and thanks so much for the calorie count!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2010, 09:39 AM   #512
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
Thanks...that's the recipe! and thanks so much for the calorie count!
No problem. I needed to enter this as a custom food in ****** today anyway.

I also read on som of the one minute muffin threads to be sure to drink plenty of water when you eat one of these. So I'm drinking that right now

This whole cooking thing (i know my idea of cooking is laughable lately) has me on a good kick. I have been reflecting on my weekend carb outs and realized that for the last few months this has been happening I have been really really understocked on groceries. SO I've decided my first step in battling away from these is to make sure I have plenty of good Low Carb foods in my house.

Towards that end tonight I am going to boil 1 dozen eggs, Brown & Season 2 LBS of ground beef & Sautee w/ garlic six thawed out chicken breasts.
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #513
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Laura- What the guys warned me against was anything that puts stress on the muscles. They advised alternate day workouts UNLESS you were doing different things. For example, you mentioned weights once a week, so if you did the treadmill one day and weights the next, that would be OK, but they wouldn't want you on the treadmill every day.

Now I know you'll find people on these boards who work out religiously every day, but I've also read a lot from those folks who complain that exercise "stalls" them or they experience a "gain" from exercise. That's the water issue from overuse of the muscles, and I think that's what you've just experienced.

This is especially true for hypothyroids, since we have a tendency to retain water anyway. If I were you, I would try to moderate the exercise a little so as not to stress your thyroid.

I don't want to contradict your doctor, but exercise is for general health and muscle tone. With your hypo, moderate exercise will help your metabolism (according to my endo), but what you eat (or don't eat) is much more critical for weight loss (if that's what your doctor has in mind).

Food-

Before JUDDD, when I was just low carbing, I tried the one-minute muffins but abandoned them because I couldn't afford the calories for that little muffin--I could get a lot more food for those calories. Also I wanted them to help with regularity (a problem for me), but I'm one of those people for whom flax works opposite (I've read on the boards that there are others) despite the fiber. So I didn't continue with them.

I also tried one type of those noodles (I don't know which one) a long time ago when Hungry Girl was touting them. I got a bunch of packages online, but no matter how I tried to fix them, they wound up in the garbage--I just couldn't tolerate them at all. I'm sure it's a different kind than you're all currently enjoying, but it put me off all of that type of food.

Now that I'm trying to avoid 'processed' things as much as possible, I'm not tempted to try them again at all, although Kisha makes them sound positively delicious.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #514
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Flax and Hypothyroidism

Here are some of Pam's thoughts on flax and hypothyroidism:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/th...yroid-pam.html
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #515
Senior LCF member

Thanks for that reminder, Redeemed. And it's interesting to note that the healthful qualities of the flax seed are destroyed with heating.

JUDDD has driven me to such simple food not just for the lower calories but also for the nutritional value. Tonight (UD) I had a 'treat' after supper with my green tea--a teaspoon of almond butter! It was delicious and totally satisfying--something I never would have imagined a couple of years ago.

I just love this WOE!
Old 01-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Here are some of Pam's thoughts on flax and hypothyroidism:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/th...yroid-pam.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Thanks for that reminder, Redeemed. And it's interesting to note that the healthful qualities of the flax seed are destroyed with heating.

JUDDD has driven me to such simple food not just for the lower calories but also for the nutritional value. Tonight (UD) I had a 'treat' after supper with my green tea--a teaspoon of almond butter! It was delicious and totally satisfying--something I never would have imagined a couple of years ago.

I just love this WOE!

INTERSTING!!! yanno I think I read that Hypo/Flax post at some point but completely forgot about it. I wasn't eating the flax for anyhealth benefits... I was eating it cuz I wanted a muffin! LOL. (I know food substitution not the best but I wanted to try one). I guess the harmfull effects are also ruined by the heating based on what I read rendering this a possible thyroid neutral food. Still, i'd best proceed with caution!
Old 01-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
INTERSTING!!! yanno I think I read that Hypo/Flax post at some point but completely forgot about it. I wasn't eating the flax for anyhealth benefits... I was eating it cuz I wanted a muffin! LOL. (I know food substitution not the best but I wanted to try one). I guess the harmfull effects are also ruined by the heating based on what I read rendering this a possible thyroid neutral food. Still, i'd best proceed with caution!
I was doing strict LC when my thyroid tanked in Sept. My diet consisted of daily flax muffins, raw veggies, lots of broccoli and cauliflower creamed soup, and fresh strawberries almost daily. Not only was I unable to lose weight, but my voice changed to a low, gravely sound and I was embarrassed to speak. Couldn't swollow without feeling like I had a lump in my throat. Since being on Thyroid from Canada and JUDDD with higher carbs, I feel wonderful. My voice is back to normal and I'm losing weight. My hair has stopped falling out and my eyebrows are growing in, albeit very slowly. I LOVE JUDDD and my hypothyroid buddies because their continual posting of their experiences led me to seek medical help for my symptoms.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:02 PM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I just love this WOE!
I find almond butter totally satisfying also....surprisingly so because I have a huge sweet tooth!
Old 01-21-2010, 09:12 PM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
Just finished a notable DD--notable because I went to my monthly bookclub dinner--and managed to stay LC and within my calorie range--I nursed one small glass of wine, I had the beef without any accompaniments and I passed on the (delicious looking) chocolate cake.

It is good to know I can do it--I have so many monthly dinner meetings and have been worried about this--

tired now--good night JUDDD buddies

Ouis
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:35 AM   #520
Senior LCF member

Ouis-

Congratulations on managing a "social" DD! I recall the feeling of accomplishment when I managed a lunch date on a DD and kept the daily total to 350 cal!

From such small victories come great triumphs.

Kisha-

I tried the flax muffin, too, without concern for the flax--just because I wanted a muffin (one of my favorite carbs). Recently, I've found that making a "pancake" with whey protein powder and eggs can be satisfying--with fewer calories and good protein--still an UD treat.

Since I don't use any sweetener, I put in some unsweetened cocoa powder and cinnamon (but you can use sweetener, of course--it would be great with SF syrup like DaVinci). Heating changes the chemical values of the protein powder, but the company tells me that it doesn't affect the nutritional value (I asked via e-mail).
Old 01-22-2010, 05:43 AM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

Kisha Here's a recipe I retrieved from Lauren's (Jacksmixedtape) website:

Banana Bread Muffins

Makes 10 muffins

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sifted organic coconut flour
4 tablespoons organic unsalted butter, softened
6 large eggs
3/4 cup mashed banana (2 medium bananas, overripe to the point of being black)
1/2 cup erythritol
1/4 teaspoon good-tasting pure stevia extract
1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Beat butter with erythritol until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each addition. Combine coconut flour with baking powder, cinnamon, stevia, and salt, and beat into batter until there are no lumps. Beat in mashed banana. Fold in nuts, reserving a couple tablespoons for sprinkling the tops. Pour batter almost up the top of greased muffin papers (the shiny tins work best), and top with nuts. Bake 35 minutes, covering the muffins with a sheet of foil after the 30 minute mark. Let cool in pans for 5-10 minutes, then remove and let muffins finish cooling on a wire rack. When completely cooled, transfer to an airtight container. Store at room temperature for 24 hours, then move to the refrigerator.

~5.5g net carbs per muffin of a recipe

Here's a link to a blueberry muffin recipe that looks easier to make. I found this on the ML this morning:

http://lowcarbunderground.blogspot.c...y-muffins.html

Kisha You posted a delicious sounding salmon cake recipe on the ML. It looked so good that I decided we're having salmon burgers and baked asparagus for dinner. Thank you!!

Last edited by Redeemed; 01-22-2010 at 05:53 AM..
Old 01-22-2010, 06:01 AM   #522
Major LCF Poster!

Ouis, congrats on the DD victory! that's awesome and it helps me to know it can be done. I tend to think there's no way...so you've just shown me it can be done!

Leo, can you tell me how much of the whey protein and such you used in the pancake? I'd like to try that.

Leisa
Old 01-22-2010, 07:27 AM   #523
Senior LCF member

Leisa-

When I make the pancake, I play around with the proportions. Sometimes I'll use a half a scoop of the whey powder, knowing that I'm getting about 9g of protein. Since I use liquid egg whites, I just add enough to get a "pancake batter" consistency. [You can add a little baking powder--1/2t and some butter if you want a richer batter, but I don't bother.] Then I fry it in butter or olive oil (I tend to use OO for everything:-)

I've also made them using an entire scoop of the whey powder, but that makes more than I'll eat at once. I can re-heat leftovers in the microwave to have with my tea.

The reason I do this is because I don't want to get too involved with food. That recipe that Redeemed just posted for muffins (that look delicious) is much more than I want to deal with in terms of ingredients and preparation. It's also much easier for me to keep a calorie count this way.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:41 AM   #524
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Leisa-

When I make the pancake, I play around with the proportions. Sometimes I'll use a half a scoop of the whey powder, knowing that I'm getting about 9g of protein. Since I use liquid egg whites, I just add enough to get a "pancake batter" consistency. [You can add a little baking powder--1/2t and some butter if you want a richer batter, but I don't bother.] Then I fry it in butter or olive oil (I tend to use OO for everything:-)

I've also made them using an entire scoop of the whey powder, but that makes more than I'll eat at once. I can re-heat leftovers in the microwave to have with my tea.

The reason I do this is because I don't want to get too involved with food. That recipe that Redeemed just posted for muffins (that look delicious) is much more than I want to deal with in terms of ingredients and preparation. It's also much easier for me to keep a calorie count this way.
Thanks!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:15 AM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BillB
Stats: 450+/293/200................ A1C: 12.4--->5.2
WOE: Atkins/VLC/Alternate Day--1g Metformin twice a day
Start Date: Last restart, June 2009 at 450+
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Just finished a notable DD--notable because I went to my monthly bookclub dinner--and managed to stay LC and within my calorie range--I nursed one small glass of wine, I had the beef without any accompaniments and I passed on the (delicious looking) chocolate cake.

It is good to know I can do it--I have so many monthly dinner meetings and have been worried about this--

Ouis
BillB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:19 AM   #526
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: robsmom2
HI All Had a good week so far Fasted Mon and Wed so that was easy to record lol Sometimes it is easier for me to just drink water instead of eating anything Now that I am working on my next goal of 15 more pounds down My dd calories are like 320 so if I eat only that I get more hungry than eating nothing at all but drinking lots of water 100 oz is what I try to drink on fasting days I had to try this 5 or 6 times before I could do it however I have read so many things about not eating now and then that are good for you to let your body have a rest from digestion My doctor is aware that I do this and monitors my progress in this area also so I am quite ok with doing it This week when I had my day off I went out to lunch with my friends and of course someone told me I was going "blow away" if I lost anymore I just smiled and said "Thanks for sharing" Most people think they can't do this woe .......for me I LOVE IT.......I haven't felt so good for along time Have a great week end MJ
robsmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

Ouis and MJ Congratulations on some successful DD's. How are your UD's coming along?

I'm a little disappointed after weighing myself today. Up 4 pounds. How did that happen? So today I got back to journaling and counting calories - 450 so far. Calories sure have a way of getting over the top when not counting. I thought I was being so good. I think my food journal and the scale are with me for life if I want to loose and keep it off. Don't get me wrong. I still love JUDDD and see myself on it for life.

I interviewed last Friday for the PHN position. They said the interview went well and asked for references. I haven't heard anything from them yet. They haven't called my supervisor either. I wonder if I should call the county and ask about my hiring status? I'm on pins and needles.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:54 AM   #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post

Ouis
YAY!!! Great Work... and what a challenge. Way to GO!

Quote:
Ouis-

<snipped>

Kisha-

I tried the flax muffin, too, without concern for the flax--just because I wanted a muffin (one of my favorite carbs). Recently, I've found that making a "pancake" with whey protein powder and eggs can be satisfying--with fewer calories and good protein--still an UD treat.

Since I don't use any sweetener, I put in some unsweetened cocoa powder and cinnamon (but you can use sweetener, of course--it would be great with SF syrup like DaVinci). Heating changes the chemical values of the protein powder, but the company tells me that it doesn't affect the nutritional value (I asked via e-mail).
OMG That sounds good! Whey Protein powder isn't something I have on hand but I'll definately peruse the selection next time I'm shopping. Pancakes were never my thing before low carb.... but I suspect this would totally be my thing now LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsmom2 View Post
HI All Had a good week so far Fasted Mon and Wed so that was easy to record lol Sometimes it is easier for me to just drink water instead of eating anything Now that I am working on my next goal of 15 more pounds down My dd calories are like 320 so if I eat only that I get more hungry than eating nothing at all but drinking lots of water 100 oz is what I try to drink on fasting days I had to try this 5 or 6 times before I could do it however I have read so many things about not eating now and then that are good for you to let your body have a rest from digestion My doctor is aware that I do this and monitors my progress in this area also so I am quite ok with doing it This week when I had my day off I went out to lunch with my friends and of course someone told me I was going "blow away" if I lost anymore I just smiled and said "Thanks for sharing" Most people think they can't do this woe .......for me I LOVE IT.......I haven't felt so good for along time Have a great week end MJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Ouis and MJ Congratulations on some successful DD's. How are your UD's coming along?

I'm a little disappointed after weighing myself today. Up 4 pounds. How did that happen? So today I got back to journaling and counting calories - 450 so far. Calories sure have a way of getting over the top when not counting. I thought I was being so good. I think my food journal and the scale are with me for life if I want to loose and keep it off. Don't get me wrong. I still love JUDDD and see myself on it for life.

I interviewed last Friday for the PHN position. They said the interview went well and asked for references. I haven't heard anything from them yet. They haven't called my supervisor either. I wonder if I should call the county and ask about my hiring status? I'm on pins and needles.

Ugh, thats so weird! WTH. I agree that food journal is in my life too... at least for Down Days! Or days I fast. Otherwise yeah its just TOO tricky!
Old 01-22-2010, 09:10 AM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

ugh! pms is here and I wasn't realizing it was time and so I wasn't prepared for it. I woke up bloated and then spent a long time chatting with my brother. Then got up, went to the kitchen and without doing much real thinking at all ended up having a toasted english muffin with almond butter. I'm sure I wont' pull off a dd today, but I'm not giving up. I think having had only one good dd since my big weekend was not enough to pull me through pms. I feel like such a loser, lol!
Old 01-22-2010, 09:12 AM   #530
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: robsmom2
I'm pretty fortunate in that after about 6 months of writing everything down at ******.com I tried just eating until satisfied but whatever I wanted and to my surprise... I wanted healthy food !!!!!! So I really don't count my ud calories unless it is something I haven't had before If I go to a buffet or potluck on my dd I eat veggies etc until It is time to go home Then I pack up a plate and take it home for the next day ud So I never feel deprived and so far this has worked great for me...........MJ
robsmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:28 AM   #531
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsmom2 View Post
I'm pretty fortunate in that after about 6 months of writing everything down at ******.com I tried just eating until satisfied but whatever I wanted and to my surprise... I wanted healthy food !!!!!! So I really don't count my ud calories unless it is something I haven't had before If I go to a buffet or potluck on my dd I eat veggies etc until It is time to go home Then I pack up a plate and take it home for the next day ud So I never feel deprived and so far this has worked great for me...........MJ
I see one of the keys to your success!
Old 01-22-2010, 09:30 AM   #532

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
ugh! pms is here and I wasn't realizing it was time and so I wasn't prepared for it. I woke up bloated and then spent a long time chatting with my brother. Then got up, went to the kitchen and without doing much real thinking at all ended up having a toasted english muffin with almond butter. I'm sure I wont' pull off a dd today, but I'm not giving up. I think having had only one good dd since my big weekend was not enough to pull me through pms. I feel like such a loser, lol!
Dude! Don't beat yourself up. make today another MD do your UD tomorrow and see if you can do a solid DD the day after that. JUDD is flexibile and pretty forgiving. I'd just try not to do a full out UD today followed by full out UD tomorrow.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #533
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: seoulgrlsara
Stats: sw: 223 cw: 204 gw: 185 by July 20
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 1/10 at 223 pounds
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to check in and let you know I am still Judding. Down Days are 2 EAS shakes and some veggies and my up days have calmed down. One problem...Im stuck....I lost 9 pounds the first week and Im still there almost 4 weeks later. Its getting demoralizing. Though...I have to admit...I feel great. I had 3 up/moderate days in a row while away on business and I was just feeling awful. But, other than counting calories, which I do NOT want to do on up days...any words of wisdom/advice for this plateau? Im definately not eating over 2500 calories on Up Days, and the appealing thing about this diet was the fact that it was only dieting half the time, so starting to restrict on Up Days would totally defeat the purpose for me. My goal was to lose 10 pounds in my first month or move on to something else...I have 7 days to go for my first month and 1 pound to go....which seems easy right? Though Ive been at the same weight now for 3 weeks!
seoulgrlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #534
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tami73
Stats: Body Fat 45.6%/44.2%/19%
WOE: JUDDD with Burn the fat feed the muscle
Start Date: 29th November 2009
Wow! You look away for a minute on this thread and suddenly you have 2 pages to read! Lol.

Laura and Redeemed - I wouldn't worry too much about a weight gain. Remember, you would have to eat 3500 calories over your basic metabolic rate to gain 1 pound of fat so whatever the scales say, its not likely to be a fat gain, possibly water. Maybe you would feel better with a digital body fat monitor along with a scale. Even though the monitors are a few percent off from the more accurate caliper method, they still give an accurate picture of whether you are losing or gaining fat.

You could get a handheld ones or one of those new body analyzer scales that have the fat monitor built into them. Or alternatively, weigh yourself less often if you can resist it!
tami73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #535

Quote:
Originally Posted by seoulgrlsara View Post
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to check in and let you know I am still Judding. Down Days are 2 EAS shakes and some veggies and my up days have calmed down. One problem...Im stuck....I lost 9 pounds the first week and Im still there almost 4 weeks later. Its getting demoralizing. Though...I have to admit...I feel great. I had 3 up/moderate days in a row while away on business and I was just feeling awful. But, other than counting calories, which I do NOT want to do on up days...any words of wisdom/advice for this plateau? Im definately not eating over 2500 calories on Up Days, and the appealing thing about this diet was the fact that it was only dieting half the time, so starting to restrict on Up Days would totally defeat the purpose for me. My goal was to lose 10 pounds in my first month or move on to something else...I have 7 days to go for my first month and 1 pound to go....which seems easy right? Though Ive been at the same weight now for 3 weeks!
oooh LAME!! That would suck. Sorry thats happening. One thing I can tell you is tha my weight loss totally accellerated after week three on JUDD (way back when I first started) I think maybe the activation of SIRT1 gene? Anyways just give us one more week and I bet the scale starts moving down again. Probably those pesky fat cells are filling themselves with water (thus no scale change) to maintain their size. darn fat cells! You can still be shedding fat but not registering scale loss due to the way they pull in water.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #536
Senior LCF member

Leisa- I agree with Kisha--Don't beat yourself up over PMS, but try to do the best you can--e.g., turn a DD into only a MD. Way back in my PMS days, I doubt that I could ever have done a DD. I was always starving and could not get satiated no matter what I ate.

Redeemed--It has to be water retention because although I can see not losing if UDs are too high, it seems almost impossible to gain if doing good DDs, as you've been doing. You've posted before about water retention problems, and we hypos tend to retain water, so I'm sure that it is. But I also know how demoralizing it is to see that scale go up.

SaraKeep in mind that you had a big, sudden drop in weight (those 9 lbs), and the body often needs to adjust afer such a big loss--e.g., that's more than I lose in 2 months! I was low carbing for quite a while before I began JUDDD and also watching my calories--somewhat--so I never experienced a dramatic loss at onset. I've been losing just about a pound a week right along. I think you'll see loss again once your body has adjusted, and it should be soon.

I don't know your situation, but I can't eat 'freely' on UDs because of my compromised metabolism. After all, the 'secret' to JUDDD is that DDs help keep your total calorie consumption low enough to lose without 'dieting' every day. So while you don't want to count on UDs, you might just check to see how much you're taking in on a regular basis. One reason I count on UDs is that I realized how quickly those calories add up!

However, given your big initial loss, I doubt that your UDs are the problem. It's more likely a time of adjustment for your body.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #537
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
I've heard dieters say that every 3 weeks they don't lose for a week, then a little catch up whoosh. Give or take a few days that might be right.
Since I've been averaging about a pound a week, I'm giving myself a 5 pound "bounce" parameter. So in January it is 225-230. I have hit the 225 once, and it bounces around a little, but.......In February I hope the parameters will be 220-225, etc. etc. I might not be saying this right, but I do know that if I lose a large amount in one week, I will have a couple weeks of no loss while my body adjusts.
We are all different, I sure wish my wt loss would be smooth and steady but it just doesn't seem to work that way for us water retainers.
I have a machine that measures body fat percentages and it does help some to not get discouraged.
Anyway, courage, everyone this has to work in the long run.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #538
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the encouragement Tami and Leo. I do feel it's water for some odd reason. Can't blame PMS anymore. Tami where do you buy those body fat monitors?

Sara You may be headed for a woosh, or you may need to count calories on UD's like some of us do in order to lose with JUDDD. JUDDD takes some tweaking for a lot of people. When I first started JUDDD, I thought I would just have to be exact on my DD's and then be able to eat whatever I wanted on UD's - not so with me.

Last edited by Redeemed; 01-22-2010 at 12:37 PM..
Old 01-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #539
Major LCF Poster!

That's encouraging nitenurse. We weigh about the same and seem to have the same weight loss pattern. I think these stalls are actually healthy in that our bodies need some adjustment time for balance.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #540
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: seoulgrlsara
Stats: sw: 223 cw: 204 gw: 185 by July 20
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 1/10 at 223 pounds
Thanks everyone for your quick and thoughtful responses.

Im not sure what Im going to do yet, but Im thinking still I'll Judd through February, if its still Slooooooooooooooooooow I may move on.

I thought I had realistic parameters too:

January- 223-213
February 213-203
March - 203- 195
April- 195- 190
May- 190-185

I thought that was totally realistic for once in my life. Im hoping like you suggest, for a whooshy. I'll keep you posted!
seoulgrlsara is offline   Reply With Quote