Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Hey Kisha! You look awesome!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillB View Post
Fasting today...and though I am not hungry, I have had the "eat impulse" about thirty times. I am trying to sort out all my food issues:

--habits
--impulses
--compulsions
--addictions
--susceptibility to suggestion/encouragement from friends/family/media

This "impulse to eat" thing is fairly new in my awareness: usually I have been able to identify some underlying reason (boredom, habit usually) but this is something I have yet to figure out. Trying not to obsess about it.

--bill
Bill, I have been having some of the same realizations this time around. Funny thing is that even though I did this for 3 or 4 months before and lost well, I never really had the clarity of those realizations until this time. I have noticed that I too will get those moments...for me, especially home stresses because I homeschool and they are plenty!....but THIS time have been able to realize that the impulse to eat has come with the added stress and have been able to tell myself that it's not physical, just the stress and it helps me move past it. I'm LOVING what this is doing for my ability to recognize those moments. It's almost not as much about the results for me this time (although I want that) as it is the mind results. I love reading your insights!
Old 01-19-2010, 03:15 AM   #453
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
Hey everyone! We went to Gatlinburg Saturday, spur of the moment and just got home this evening. It feels good to be home and I've been in cleaning mode since we got here. I ate and ate and ate Saturday and Sunday....big, big UD's, even though I know I talked about at least doing fast 5 on Saturday...my resolve was NOT there. So, today I was aiming for a dd but didn't quite make it. I had a small hazelnut cappuccino at McD's this morning (150 cal), then had a small burger later....probably 500 cal....then had an egg cream tonight..another 250 cal. About 900 calories today. Definitely NOT a dd menu..more like a MD for me. I'm not sure what to do. I would LOVE to have a successful DD tomorrow, but I am white knuckling it right now and am wondering if I can do it. What would you all do? After two days of practically binging (compared to usual) I want a break from all the eating, but after eating so much, my stomach is expecting it now, lol! I know I will probably have to really just suffer through my first dd but can't decide if it should be tomorrow or just do an UD and then a good DD Wednesday. I plan on working out good tomorrow afternoon also. thoughts?
Leisa: Personally, I would get back on track as soon as possible. You had your vacation - now back to JUDDD. Save the heavy-duty work out for your first UD. - Glad you had a nice time, but now that you're home, it's a good time to get serious about JUDDD again.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:40 AM   #454
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I agree with Redeemed; I'd do a DD as soon as possible, but I'd save the work out until an UD. I think working out is too depleting on DDs, but that may just be me.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:58 AM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

ok, I knew I could count on you all to give it to me straight! : ) I'm doing a dd today. I'll do a lighter workout but will save it till at least 5pm because it always takes away my appetite for a good hour or so. Then I'll be watching Biggest Loser tonight and then bed! I can DO this! and thankfully, I have you guys to have to confess to if I don't....and I SO don't want to do that! lol! thanks redeemed and leo!
Old 01-19-2010, 06:45 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Had a good DD yesterday, put some plain protein powder into my soups, and that seemed to give them a little more staying power. My scale wt is crawling down, about a pound a week in January, sure hope I am getting into your pattern, Leo. I will be so grateful if that continues.
I am trying to focus on eating healthier on the UDs, instead of just random eating.(more attention to lowcarb, higher protein). Got some high fiber bread and konjac noodles to play with, the higher fiber does help, more filling and keeps me from grazing.
Since this will be my maintainence for life, I need to put more thought into it. I don't have any dances to play for this week, so cooking at home lets me plan a little better.
Thought on Sugar substitutes, all of those little paper envelopes, blue, pink, etc. contain a filler that is a sugar of some sort,(an "ose") because the the sweetener itself is such a small quantity, they have to put it with something to bulk it up. And if it is .9 calories, they can label it as 0 cals. But if I have 10 of those, I have taken in 9 calories of sugar, and that can really mess me up. Now they are starting to put more of those (stevia, splenda, etc) with a fiber, I think it's called inulin, that is non-absorbed, and that may be better. I'm sure there are a lot more products that have trace amounts of sugar that they don't have to put on the labels because it's such a small amount, but it all counts up in a days food. I blame stuff like that for my unexplained increase in appetite sometimes.
I use stevia, the extract, and it doesn't increase my appetite, the stevia seems to kind of decrease it, but everyone is different and some of this must trigger an insulin response in some of us, and not in others. It sure is worth taking a hard look at what it does for you.
nitenurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:19 AM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
=hi gang=

Interesting discussions happening while I was away. Getting home yesterday was pretty hairy because of the storms--we didn't fly home as planned, instead I drove--no dd's or even particularly md's while I was gone. I seem to need the security of home for DD's, at least at this point--but I did stay LC. So, DD today and a long series of social events coming up this weekend and for every forseeable weekend

I am just going to focus on *this* DD and making it a good one. One day at a time if you know what I mean, lol.

I noticed all my private resistances while you were talking about sugar on this thread. I eat LC but I like my sweets--I like my piece of 85% Lindt chocolate at the end of the day. Maybe I like it all a little too much, because reading about giving up sweets and AS seems to trigger a "hell no" in me. hmmmm. something to look at, she said reluctantly.

Have a great day all. love this group

Ouis
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:06 AM   #458
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
PMS? (Urge to binge, zits - sounds suspicious to me.) You can have it tomorrow, and you'll feel good you waited.

well its possible... but I've been on Depo for over a decade so I don't get a period. Well hardly ever maybe once every few years if I go off the shot. I do suspect theres still a hormone cycle going on internally but I can't time it to TOM because I don't really get one.

DD yesterday turned into more of a MD but it was all low carb. Scale weight way up after carbs last weekend.

Yanno, I SWORE I'd get right back on track in 2010 and I'm really just facing the same old struggled. I don't know how to get myself together and back on track. I don't know if its some sort of uber-diet-fatigue or what exactly. I've continued to eat sugar and refined carbs every. single. weekend. despite good DD during the week.

All I can do is keep trudging I guess. UD today, DD tomorrow.
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #459
Senior LCF member

Nitenurse-

Good news on the scale moving down! I know (from personal experience) that just a pound a week can be frustrating--but they do add up eventually. And the positive spin on this is that since I know how hard it is to lose, I'm even more determined not to allow myself to gain.

Ouis-

In more than I year, I've had only one DD away from home, and that was at my sister's house, and I didn't plan it; it just happened. When I've been away at hotels, etc., I've found DDs impossible. That's when I just focus on staying low carb and keeping calories reasonable.

Kisha-

I know how easy it is to lose the mindset that makes JUDDD possible, and I'm rooting for you to get it back! I think if you really kick the carbs, it will be a lot easier to get back into the DD rhythm. But it's too easy to tell someone else what to do. I really have enough trouble controlling myself
Old 01-19-2010, 10:20 AM   #460
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hi all,

I just have to say how amazed I am that you are all so in tune with your bodies and the effects of sugar. That in itself is a HUGE victory because I couldn't even tell you if I am effected by sugar or not. I guess I'm just not in touch with myself at all!

Second DD for me today and they are just so much easier when I am at home as opposed to working. I'm not hungry so much as just wanting something.....to stuff in my mouth!

Laura
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BillB
Stats: 450+/293/200................ A1C: 12.4--->5.2
WOE: Atkins/VLC/Alternate Day--1g Metformin twice a day
Start Date: Last restart, June 2009 at 450+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
Yanno, I SWORE I'd get right back on track in 2010 and I'm really just facing the same old struggles. I don't know how to get myself together and back on track. I don't know if its some sort of uber-diet-fatigue or what exactly. I've continued to eat sugar and refined carbs every. single. weekend. despite good DD during the week.
Kisha, I understand how you feel.

No matter what plan we choose, I think each of us has to find something that we can sustain. If your weekend treats are something you can't give up (or don't want to give up) then maybe you could consider a step-down? Instead of having carbs (or free days, or whatever) all weekend, maybe you could set your goal to eat LC all weekend, except for one treat each day. Not one meal, not one day, but just one treat each day.

I've been through the want-to-stop-but-can't thing with carbs, and it is no fun. It reinforced my feelings of failure and worthlessness. As I posted recently, I remember being incredibly relieved when I would finally give in to the temptation, and take that first bite of whatever carb it was that pushed me over the edge. It was like a get-out-of-jail-free card. The burden of trying to be good was too heavy, and my food addiction was too strong. It took the shock (and horror) of my diabetes diagnosis to really make me change. Having to give up the refined carbs took me off the carb/craving/hell cycle that I had been on...my whole life.

Of course, I don't have any answers. I do hope you can stay on your plan and meet your goals.

--bill
"I read this book about how some scientists tried to get primates to paint. For 10 years they worked on it, and nothing happened. Then, one of the monkeys suddenly began to paint, and what it painted were the bars of its cage. So, in my writing, I believe I'm painting the bars of my cage so that I can get out. This is something you have to get done before you can meaningfully move on in any way."--Ferron
BillB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #462

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillB View Post
Kisha, I understand how you feel.

No matter what plan we choose, I think each of us has to find something that we can sustain. If your weekend treats are something you can't give up (or don't want to give up) then maybe you could consider a step-down? Instead of having carbs (or free days, or whatever) all weekend, maybe you could set your goal to eat LC all weekend, except for one treat each day. Not one meal, not one day, but just one treat each day.

I've been through the want-to-stop-but-can't thing with carbs, and it is no fun. It reinforced my feelings of failure and worthlessness. As I posted recently, I remember being incredibly relieved when I would finally give in to the temptation, and take that first bite of whatever carb it was that pushed me over the edge. It was like a get-out-of-jail-free card. The burden of trying to be good was too heavy, and my food addiction was too strong. It took the shock (and horror) of my diabetes diagnosis to really make me change. Having to give up the refined carbs took me off the carb/craving/hell cycle that I had been on...my whole life.

Of course, I don't have any answers. I do hope you can stay on your plan and meet your goals.

--bill

Thanks for the good ideas and support Bill. The most bizarre thing about this is I was absolutely RIGOROUSLY on plan for the entire first two years! I mean I lost seventy five pounds total (gained some back) and did not cheat even once for at least the first eighteen months. Something clicked. Now its unclicked! I might just really try to get back into ketosis for now.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #463
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmandM
Stats: 142/126/114 (5'5" 40 yrs)
WOE: JUDDD/Paleo
Start Date: JUDDD start date: Nov. '08
Thanks fo those who recommended The Mood Cure. I ordered that and The Diet Cure. I am reading the latter and I love it. It really speaks to me and some of my issues. I bought some supplements that are recommended as well so we shall see! I am not finished the book yet, but am really enjoying it.

Kisha - I think there is such a thing as diet fatigue, especially if most of the time you are white knuckling it. I think Bill hit the nail on the head when saying it's almost a relief to give in to the food you are trying to avoid as then you don't have to battle it anymore. Good luck with getting back on track!

LBishop - I would have given you the same advice as the others. If you let too many UD's go by it's harder to do a DD. Try and do a DD as soon as you can after a vacation or a few UD's in a row.
EmandM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:47 PM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
ok, I knew I could count on you all to give it to me straight! : ) I'm doing a dd today. I'll do a lighter workout but will save it till at least 5pm because it always takes away my appetite for a good hour or so. Then I'll be watching Biggest Loser tonight and then bed! I can DO this! and thankfully, I have you guys to have to confess to if I don't....and I SO don't want to do that! lol! thanks redeemed and leo!

1345841j5hck1rxy0.gif

Last edited by Redeemed; 01-19-2010 at 03:49 PM..
Old 01-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #465
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
thanks and thanks everyone! I needed you guys today more than ever! I managed to pull off my dd!!!!! I've had 400 calories and I"m done! Am going to finish watching Biggest Loser and then going to bed!
Old 01-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #466
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tami73
Stats: Body Fat 45.6%/44.2%/19%
WOE: JUDDD with Burn the fat feed the muscle
Start Date: 29th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
Yanno, I SWORE I'd get right back on track in 2010 and I'm really just facing the same old struggled. I don't know how to get myself together and back on track. I don't know if its some sort of uber-diet-fatigue or what exactly. I've continued to eat sugar and refined carbs every. single. weekend. despite good DD during the week.

All I can do is keep trudging I guess. UD today, DD tomorrow.

Kisha, I know just how you feel. After initailly losing weight on low carb myself and never cheating, I finally decided that low carb was not for me as I never had any energy. When I tried low carbing again, no amount of resolve or new years resolutions lasted more than a couple of days. It was then that I thought, as the old adage goes, 'if you do what you've always done you get what you've always got'. I just decided to go in a new direction and diet in a way that I knew that I could keep up. The odd thing was that I craved bad carbs when I wasn't eating any carbs but now that I eat natural carbs (oats etc), I really don't care much for cakes and croissants! I'm not saying this is the solution for you but its better to move forward with a definite plan on how keep up a healthy lifestyle rather than just coasting it then ruining your progress with a sugar binge! Maybe you could try judding along with the diet where you eat low carb all week then have a carb up or refeed day at the weekend (Can't remember what its called)? Just an idea.

Anyway today was my 'check my stats' day. I lost about 0.3% of fat and gained 0.3% muscle! It seems that I'm really responding well to the cross training as it's not usually common to gain muscle while losing fat as you need a calorie deficit to lose fat but you need a calorie surplus to gain muscle! According to bffm it happens to newbies who are new to excersise. I am now up to 16 minutes on the cross trainer about half way to my target of 30 minutes per workout

I am officially not bothered with how much I weigh any more. I would give up weighing altogether if I didn't have to enter my weight into the body fat monitor to get my stats! lol But just to let you know, it was about a pound of fat lost last week . . . yaay.
tami73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

finished an easy DD--such a relief that it is easy to get back on the horse after 4 days off--I am really finding that I do better saving all my calories for dinner--came in just over 500--I am probably going to do a Fast 5 for my UDs as long as it is easier to wait til dinner--I have too many events in the evening for the next couple of weeks and this may be a solution of sorts for me. It seems that I don't have a problem so long as I put off eating--once I start it is really hard to stop--

Ouis
Old 01-20-2010, 02:10 AM   #468
Senior LCF member

Leisa & Ouis-

Great that you've done the DD! It's always a relief for me when I've had to have too many UDs in a row because of vacation, holiday, etc.

Ouis--A lot of people here have found it easier to wait until evening to eat. I personally have not found that true (I'm a morning eater), but you should know that you're not alone, and it's a plan that has worked for many others.

Kisha- You really nailed it with your comment that "something clicked" that enabled you to lose, and now it's "unclicked." Right now I'm enjoying the "clicked" mode, and I am trying to figure out how to sustain it because I don't know how I got it, and I fear that it can 'unclick' at any time.

I have no advice, but I'm rooting for you, since we've been with JUDDD together for so long, and I rely on your success to motivate me!
Old 01-20-2010, 03:17 AM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

428270sh42acnblr.gif

Good morning everyone!

Tami Congratulations on the lost pound and your workouts. I have never measured fat and muscle, and don't know how to do that. I'm glad you are getting results that you are pleased with. I appreciated reading your thoughts on carbs also.

Ouis and Lisa Congratulations on a successful DD. I'm an evening eater on DD's also Quis. Usually a douible serving of oat bran with almond milk and sweetner. Higher in carbs than most here would indulge in, but it helps keep me on plan.

Snaggle How ya doin'?

GrammyPat I hope you had a nice birthday on Sunday!

Today is supposed to be a DD. However, I can "afford" an UD and will use it. I need to sleep during the day and then work all night until eight in the morning, and can't bring myself to do a DD. It's too hard to sleep during the day when I'm hungry, and then I obsess all night at work about food. So this will be better.

Last edited by Redeemed; 01-20-2010 at 03:30 AM..
Old 01-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: doxielove
Stats: 177.8/139.4/120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 07.08.13
Menu help, please

I am just starting out on this WOE, and I would be very grateful to anyone who combines low carb with JUDDD for some typical menus and/or meal ideas for both UD and DD. Meal planning has always been a problem for me, and one of the reasons, I think, why I continue to fail. Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated!
doxielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:23 AM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

wow, I just realized one egg white is only 17 calories! I'm thinking tomorrow dd is going to involve some boiled eggs..just the whites.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #472
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Attachment 27557

Ouis and Lisa Congratulations on a successful DD. I'm an evening eater on DD's also Quis. Usually a douible serving of oat bran with almond milk and sweetner. Higher in carbs than most here would indulge in, but it helps keep me on plan.

Thanks Redeemed! I couldn't do it with just the egg creams, but I'm starting to think I might try planning some eating on dd's. what kind of oat bran do you use? just an oat bran cereal?
Old 01-20-2010, 10:28 AM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

I noticed Low Carb Friends is on Face Book. Are these private groups - or run by the Admins.?
Old 01-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #474

Leo & Tami... Thank you both for your support and Tami I will definately mull over your excellent suggestion. ((giant hugs))

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxielove View Post
I am just starting out on this WOE, and I would be very grateful to anyone who combines low carb with JUDDD for some typical menus and/or meal ideas for both UD and DD. Meal planning has always been a problem for me, and one of the reasons, I think, why I continue to fail. Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated!
I had a good post where I posted some of my favorites I'll see if I can find it. I usually keep DD very very simple! Here are some of my Go-To Down Day items:

FAGE Greek Yogurt 0% Fat Version (I add sweetener) 90 calories
Ostrim Sticks (I buy from Netrition) 2 Sticks for 60 calories
Unsweetened Almond Breeze 1 Cup 42 Calories
SO Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk 50 Calories
Trader Joe's Buffalo Steak Burger 270 cals (I'll add this to a big leafy green salad with super low cal low fat dressing mixed with balsamic)
GG Bran Crispbread (from Netrition) 1 slice 12 calories
Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Hot Dog 45 cals
Trader Joe's spicy Hummus 50 cals 2 TBS I eat this with celery, radish, red pepper for dipping
Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb 35 cals per wedge
Trader Joe's Chicken Sausage 100 cals eat (2 can make an evening meal on DD)
Sugar Free Popsicles 20 cals each
Subway Oven Roasted Chicken Salad 130 cals
Subway Roast Beef Salad 140 cals
Swiss Miss DIET (must say DIET) hot cocoa 25 cals (I'll make rich warm drink with coffee and some unsweetened coconut or almond milk)
Trader Joe's Turkey Meatballs 100 cals for 2
Trader Joe's BBQ Chicken Terryaki (DO NOT use the sauce packet) 150 cals (again I add this to big leafy green salad with low cal low carb dressing)
Trader Joe's Egg White Salad 100 cals per container (this is enough for small lunch for me)
Trader Joe's Light String Cheese 60 cals
Whole Eggs 70 cals each
Egg Whites 1 Cup 126 calories
( will make an omelette with 1 cup egg whites and lots of veg I like broccolli or green beans and a couple of TBS of grated hard shake on parm)

On Up Days I usually have eggs for breakfast either fried or scrambled into a sweet pancake with liquid sucralose vanilla extract and cinnamon (topped with butter NOM NOM NOM)

Lunch is usually left over meats or else a restaurant salad with cheese chicken and full fat dressing or sometimes a restaurant bunless burger and side salad

Dinner is some kind of meat frequently ground beef and some veg.

SIMPLE! I don't cook I buy alot of stuff pre cooked to just reheat and go.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #475
Senior LCF member

Doxielove-

You probably don't want any ideas from me because I'm at the extreme of low carb--sort of 'primal eating.' I don't eat any starch, grains, dairy, or sweeteners (artificial or real). I also never make "recipes" because I find that for me, the simpler the better. On both UDs and DDs, I focus on trying to get as much protein as possible, since I need to keep my total calories very low (I'm post-menopausal and hypothyroid).

I eat a lot of fish, and my typical UD is a tuna or salmon salad (mixed with chopped celery and homemade mayo). I usually eat a second time after my morning workout, and it's always protein intense--omelet with chopped spinach and some type of meat (usually leftovers). Dinner is fish or meat with a pile of veggies, sauteed in olive oil and garlic. I tend to eat a lot of broccoli and spinach, less cabbage and zucchini. This week I had some walnuts and will typically eat 3-4 at one time. I also eat almonds, and I sometimes buy almond butter.

On DDs, I usually have an egg white "omelet" with my morning coffee for 50 cal. (I buy liquid eggwhites, and my supermarket brand has a recipe for making these in the microwave without any fat added). I found a brand of sardines that have just 120 cal, and I might mash them with mustard and hot sauce, or a might have 150 cal of tuna, similarly prepared. I like to keep on hand a broth I make (chicken or turkey) to which I usually add a little chopped spinach and vinegar and hot sauce. It sounds awful, but it's rather good, and it's great for suppressing appetite. I have that a lot as my evening "meal" on DDs. I eat only grass-fed beef or bison, and I found some bison 'franks' that are just 90 cal., and they make a good DD meal as well. I buy frozen fish, and often will have a piece of steamed fillet for 100 cal. I never eat anything on a DD unless I know the calorie count.

Many people save their DD calories for ONE meal, but I like to eat 2-3x during the day (I tend to be a morning eater). So that's why my DD "meals" are really snacks.

I drink a lot of black coffee and hot, green tea throughout the day. Fortunately, I take both 'plain,' so I get some great free calories that way.

This probably isn't much help to you, but I'm fortunate in not having to prepare meals for anyone else, so I just do what works for me.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
I have a new DD best friend, salad shrimp, 84 calories for 3 oz.
Another time I took a can of Shrimp, drained and rinsed with hot water, added 1 carb heinz catsup and some horseradish-shrimp cocktail!
Today I took a couple ounces of shrimp, covered with hot water and drained. Konjac noodles, 1/2 pack, boiled about a minute to get rid of seaweed taste (no cals, no carbs)
added some onion powder, spray with I can't believe it's not butter, and about 1 tsp heavy cream( 15 cals).-it was really good, about 100 cals and filling.
I use heavy cream, 1 tsp, in chicken broth, and homemade tomato soup, and come in less than 100 cals too for one one of my meals.
I heat up the chick broth, put in a little onion powder and 1 tsp cream.. Tomato blend up canned tomatoes, heat, add about 1/8 tsp soda , stir well, have in a big enough cup or bowl so it doesn't boil over. Add 1 tsp cream. I really like soup so both those are meals I look forward to on DDs. so far hasn't worn off. I sometimes add a little plain protein powder to jack up the nutrition. That would add another 50 cals.
nitenurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #477
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fjeld
I still haven't managed to catch up where I left off but I just wanted to share some inspiration that helped me "do what's necessary" today, which led to doing more (I went for a walk I thought I was too tired for. And now tonight, I did yoga for over an hour. I love yoga but my energy's been so low, mainly from sleep deprivation and lack of exercise, that I just haven't felt like I can muster up the energy for it).

Anyway, it was a quote I read, that I haven't seen before:

Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible. - St. Francis of Assisi

Not trying to make you JUDDER's stray but remember: even if you can't do a DD every other day - do two a week, or even one. It's 52 or 104 DD:s a year. Pretty impressive!

I haven't been able to do a DD for almost two weeks now but I am maintaining at around 169.1 which is fantastic for me since my eating is jumping all over the place. So you see, even a couple of intermittent DD:s over a couple of weeks can help. But then I don't have thyroid issues etc which surely makes it easier for me.
fjeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: doxielove
Stats: 177.8/139.4/120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 07.08.13
Thank you, Ilpirata, nitenurse, and Leo41 for the great ideas! I really do appreciate the VLC ideas - it helps my blood sugar stay in control. I appreciate your help!

Last edited by doxielove; 01-20-2010 at 02:34 PM..
doxielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #479
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nite nurse--I use Mimiccreme from netrition--just as rich and only 10 calories a tsp
Old 01-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fjeld
About why it gets harder to quit high carbs/sugar every time you do it. I think what I read was that every time you quit for ex. sugar, the receptors in the brain that thrive on the stuff, increase their numbers to soak up whatever they can get, which means even stronger cravings. Aah, this was very unscientific and incoherent, but DS is crying and I have to get off the computer right away. Maybe someone can explain it better/pick up where I got lost?

Happt DD:s/UD: everyone!
fjeld is offline   Reply With Quote