Old 08-27-2014, 08:06 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
THURSDAY'S ROLL CALL, Aug. 28

Is everyone OK, I hope so, well, I know some of us are not totally up to par

Hope there are no more internet surprises by morning.

Gotta go crawl into bed and get some reading done.

See yah in the morning.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2014, 09:12 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thought I better get in here now incase the internet acts up again.

Not much going on around here, but did have some wonderful pork spiedies for dinner. Tod did the cooking for a change.

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good.

Night everyone. I'm off to the land of nod.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Ok...I will ask. What is a pork spiedie?

Thanx for the start, Doris.

Went to mainland and visited Trader Joes and Costco. Then picked Gabe up at the airport. Went to the gigantic Asian superstore in Seattle because Gabe started a sushi blog, and needed some special sushi plates to show off his creations. Traffic was a nightmare and we didn't get home til after 7. Fortunately, we had lunch and used the facilities in Chinatown, because we were on the interstate for over 2 hours....normally only 45 minutes. Then we had a 1 1/2 hour wait for a ferry. I will be so happy when all the tourists go home.

We went to our favorite tavern for dinner and had to wait til after 8 pm to even get a table.

I had every intention of being good and ordering the ahi tuna Caesar salad, but they were sold out so I had to get the coconut shrimp...with fries....at 9 pm....
Old 08-28-2014, 02:03 AM   #4

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Babette, if memory serves me right, we had them at the campground near NYC when we met for the 1st time. Spiedies Recipe - Allrecipes.com
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:14 AM   #5

Babette, if you were happy after having coconut shrimp, than it was "GOOD"!! No one will give you a badge after you are gone for not eating something...........

It's warm, but not bad this morning, doors and windows open for awhile. We are off to Wal Mart for groceries. Will do the farmer's mkt. on Saturday, things will be winding down there.

Good Day, friends! Mary, hope you slept last night!
Old 08-28-2014, 06:38 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Hi All,

Taking the day off and will be visiting with some friends - one good friend whose been quite sick and is finally able to venture out for lunch - and, then in the evening, I'm meeting up with a group from church.

Yes, Doris, Fall is in the air! Only 77 when I woke up this morning - wouldn't it be great if we were done with the 100s?

Enjoy your day,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:45 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning gang,
Well fix on tooth is still holding,that's good.
Michele a day off that's great.Have fun.
Probably visit Wally today also,don't really need anything but looking for some thing different. I never find it.lol
Have a peaceful day my friends.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Our colleges and grade schools are up and going once again. All the little angles are back in town ripping and roaring. There are some cooky drivers out there now. Ha!

It's all quiet this morning as Don and his brother took to the hills early. It's so nice to have the quiet without the TV on. I might see what I can find on this internet to buy. One thing for sure is a stepper to further my workout at home.

Babette enjoy your time with Gabe. Does he want to become a sushi chef? Blog are something I've never done. I sure like to read a couple of them though. I'm hooked on the Casita traveling people that live out of them and travel all over.

My therapist told me yesterday that my knee is 95% where it needs to be now. It won't be long before that part is over. Wow! It's been quite a ride getting through this. It's finally coming to an end soon. Of course not at home by far.

We have stuck with DirectTV for years. I'm happy with it. They have served us well. Don loves the western channel so we have the Stars package. Outlanders has started now so I have started recording it. I'm reading the first book before I start watching it. Everyone is saying you must read it as there is so much more to it. Isn't that how all movies are? There is no way everything gets covered in a movie.

Take care and try to do something just for you. Have a good one friends.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 08-28-2014 at 09:05 AM..
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:17 AM   #9

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/144/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
DS arrived yesterday from the heat of Florida.
He keeps saying how cool and fresh the Canadian air is.

I hope you guys get to enjoy the cooler temps as we transition into Fall.

Michele, Did you see that new show on Masterpiece called Breathless? I think it is 3 parts of 1.5 hrs each. I watched the first part last night. I recorded it from Sunday. Set in the early 60's, looks intriguing so far.

Well Done Sharon, You have been a very willing cooperative participant in your recovery. You have done the work and now you can reap the benefits. Wow a stepper!

Waving to ALL
Old 08-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #10

Yes Sharon, I'm impressed with you, all that time with a bum knee holding you back from really living, I'm sure that last 5% will happen right on time. We have had Dish network since 1986, and have looked at Direct tv, and AT & T, but they don't have the Sirius music channels, which are our lifeline, so will stick to Dish for tv. At least until we get too old to enjoy it.

Michele, how nice to take a day off and visit with good friends, I hope the friend who has been so ill will do just fine going out to eat and within the company of good pals. Enjoy your time tonight, too. Yes, there is a change in the air, really, still hot, but it feels "different".

Susan, nice that your son is back for awhile, and your family can be together, can he go to see your granddaughter do her "horsy" stuff some times?

Gladys, glad you repaired tooth is still ok, just one of those annoying things and it feels better to have it done with, for awhile.

We shopped, dh bought some more container's, even got a nice wooden one with no price tag, so the salesclerk just told him $5, and it was sold, lol. dh bought mums for out front, we never could have mums where we used to live. Tomorrow we go to Lowe's for potting soil while they still have some.

Take Care!

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:27 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all. Don't know what the day will bring as it's supposed to be the hottest day of the week. These temps are so strange; up and down and around. We've rarely had it this way; usually when it gets hot, it stays that way with only slight variations. And the surf on the beaches...what can I say! The latest hurricane is letting us know she's around. Sure would like to have seen the largest waves/tides in over thirty years. Oh well, the crowds alone would have discouraged me.

Spent last night at church with a bunch of close friends, so feeling very good today. Hope you are, too.

Linda, I'm pretty sure we talked about spiedies last year, or the year before. Thanks for giving the link to the recipe...will certainly try it soon.

Babette, glad Gabe is with you all...how's the weight going? Sure hope you're able to keep it off while you're mending. Not so for me...I didn't change my stats as I was keeping my fingers crossed...but the dreaded 162 greeted me this morning.

Have a great day y'all...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
I am back up to 158, Mary :-(
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:17 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gmajane1
Hi all......I am off tonight and headed to pick up my 2 year old grandaughter. Her parents are moving and cant get much done with Emmy around. It will be fun.....

JANE
gmajane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:14 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey, Babette, don't pull a downey face over being "back up to 158" Remember how long you were stuck at the 162 level....I know it was the tough way to lose it, but lose it you did...and now you're keeping it off....I'm happy for you.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote