LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
MONDAY'S ROLL CALL, July 21

See you all Monday morning..................have a good night's sleep, I hope and pray! And cross my fingers, too..........
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2014, 11:40 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Same back to you, Doris!

Mary, r u having stomach and bladder issues with this crud? I am. If I thought I was well enough to take even a short drive, I really couldn't because I can't be away from the bathroom.

This is really getting frustrating.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:52 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Babete,take the motorhome on a drive good for both of you.
Went to sleep on sofa,woke up at 2 something.Nap soon.
Just the usual today after I sleep.
BBL
birdlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:40 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
The faire is over now and my therapy begins. Ha! Triple digit numbers are expected by the end of the week. It's not even 7:30 am yet and the temp is in the 70's. California is burning away. D and I are talking about hiring a landscaper to re-do our front yard. The grass is brown now and there is no hope of it recovering. Maybe some drought resistant plants to pep it up and no grass.

Our Orioles are taking over the humming bird feeders. There was a time when they came in and enjoyed then were gone. Now they seem to be here year round. We still have hummers though they just drink at a different feeder not the one in front of my window. D has a feeder out by his shop. They hang out with him now.

Michele it's nice to be able to donate some unused things. We have to go through and do some donating too. Sometimes it's just hard to let go.

Babette I know how hard it is to get over the crud. Wishing you well and keep your fur nurses close by

Mary your cake story made me laugh. I've done similar things in my cooking experiences. Hope your cough gives you some reprieve so you can rest at night.

Have a nice Monday to you all. It's another week to kick up our heels.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #5

Actually did sleep pretty darned good, lol.

Babette, could you guys use a warm mist vaporizer at night? Still wondering, dh and I both have our own, it's the only thing that helps us if we get a "lung thing", dh gets them several times a year, and he used to pooh pooh them. Wishing you to feel better soon. Have you ever been tested for cat allergies?

Sharon, wow, you guys are getting another heat wave, no fun, but you know how to handle them, at least. Have a great day!

Gladys, glad you are back to the usual, which is a Good Thing!

Went to finally get my hair cut and colored, long overdue. Just staying put, it's turned awfully muggy and sauna like feeling out there. Normal for here.

Was on the phone with Time Warner for over 20 min., because I found out they charged me for leasing my own Modem, have been for a year, so had to have them change it on the bill.

Take care of yourselves.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 07-21-2014, 12:09 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all...slept in til way late this morning as, again, had the coughs when I laid down. Even with that suppressant (and yes, only using it at night). My problem is that I'm not really coughing anything up...non-productive to say the least.

A few houses in my area have gone to rock in the front yards but somero have gone to the California native plants. I talked to the owner's rep about doing the same here, but they refused. So, I'm watering only enough to keep the grass mostly green...thank goodness I have a very small front yard and they don't insist on keeping the back yard up....it's huuuuuuggggggeeee and would keep me broke if I had to keep it green.

I've got to run over to the doc's office to pick up a couple of samples of the Breo as there's a delay in getting the script filled...oh well, it will get me out of the house into the heat....

Hope your day brings you lots of good things....

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #7

Mary, do you live where there is a HOA? It's a good thing you don't have a huge lawn area. We don't have an HOA here, but the city has made up stringent rules, now, we can water for 30 min. every other week, on our garbage day. And they allow you to water with a hose that has a gadget that you press off and on, you can water around your foundation of your house, and the plants in beds that way. And they have inspecters driving around day and night to check on wet streets and sidewalks on the wrong days, and they issue fines. I've seen the people drive around checking, in fact, in marked cars, two people per car, with cameras!! My oh My!!

Take care, hope you get your samples ok and get your med soon!!
Old 07-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
No HOA, Doris....just a SoCal housing tract. So far, Cal has just imposed the no run-over water into the streets and no washing cars without the nozzle. I expect it will get more stringent, tho', as the water runs out. Of course, the restrictions on the farmers in the central valley will make repercussions all year long. They're saying it's already cost them more than a billion and half in losses so far. We're already seeing the effect in the markets. Made a run to WINCO while I was out and picked up my nuts and veggies so I'm set for a while.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Oh my! I feel for those with temps in triple digits.

No water restrictions here. The area has had them in past years, but even then, we had no worries. We had a well that was fed by a huge underground spring lake. Now we have city water. Yuk.

I'm watching create TV tonight. No commercials. Yay! If you have Time Warner, check the higher numbered listings. Mine is channel 1275 for instance. Most of the regular channels are under 200.

We sat on the front porch this evening. Just lovely, sipping a cup of coffee. We had the dogs with us. Molly was loose, but Snoopy was on a leash. Soon our garage cat, a rescue joined us and the robins started a rumpus. I think they had a baby that was perched low in one of our shrubs. So we went in after a while to give the robins a break. Nothing went on today.

Tomorrow, the carpet cleaners are coming, as well as Rebath which is giving us an estimate and details on taking out the tub and installing a shower. On the phone, they told me they have to tear out all the tile - floor and walls. I love my tile. So I may not have a shower after all. Afterwards, Rich and I may go to an antique store to browse.

One of these days soon, the three of us are going to the Herkimer Diamond Mines, then down to the Mohawk River for a boat tour along the river and the Erie Canal and finally dinner on the waterfront. Linda, you should come up and go with us.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:35 PM   #10

Verleen, that sounds like a wonderful trip, can you do it in one day, or several? I always wanted to see the Erie Canal, because of that song they used to have us sing in elementary school, lol. We want to have our big tub in the master bath removed and replaced with a big shower, the tub is useless to us, and takes up too much space. Haven't had anyone come to estimate it though, have too many other things going on. Glad you had a pleasant evening to sit out front.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:45 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Doris, the Herkimer trip is just a day trip. I, too, would love a shower, but I also love the tile. Whoever designed it and installed it was an incredible craftsman.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote