LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2014, 07:49 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Friday, 4th. of JULY Roll Call

OK, friends, let the noise makers begin!!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2014, 09:01 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Happy 4th of July to everyone.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all...I argued with myself about whether to post this on Thursday's thread or this one, and this one won. So it will be here when you check in the morning.

Visit to the VA pulmonologist and it was marathon...first I waited almost two hours to see the intern who took history. I expected it to take some time since it is a type of intake consult and took my time explaining symptoms, history and medication. Basically nothing to report but will be changing medications and will be having more tests. So, really nothing accomplished except getting my foot in the door towards changing pulmonologists...which to me is a good thing.

Have a joyous Independence Day...mine will be spent cuddling my tail wagger...can't even put my flags out...don't trust myself on the ladder.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:36 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/131.8/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good morning All,

Wish you had gotten more information yesterday, Mary.

Doris, We finally got a bit your rain yesterday afternoon. Some areas got more than others - at my house, not much at all.

The plan for today is mostly housework and maybe make a run to Target, if the energy is there.

Hope Julie enjoys her unexpected company and that Loretta is having a blast on her Florida vacation.

Waving to all - Enjoy the day!

Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:50 AM   #5

I was thinking about Loretta lately, too, she may be walking really far on that beach now.................

Mary, your experience is what happens most of the time, when you listen to other people beginning with new doctor's, repeating the same things over and over again, filling out forms, etc. They see you are struggling, but, oh well.....seems to be par for the course, no matter the health plan. Glad you can just stay home today!! Will your friend call you, to check on you?

Michele, I hadn't thought about stores closed or not today, hope the Target is open for you to pick up some things. Do you have to see the doctor again for a "recheck" after the shingles?

Waving at Linda........

We are heading to that MLS soccer game this evening, going to meet the kids there. Need to go early, expect more people because of the fireworks show.
Not eating or cooking anything special though, same old same old here.

Enjoy what you can today, friends!
Old 07-04-2014, 08:18 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning y'all...Happy Independence Day..may your day be filled with joy.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:46 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Happy Birthday America!

I have a little fur kid that wigs out at the popping sound of fire crackers and things like that. So I will be cuddling him this evening to Mary.

Our day will be the usual walk and I'll get bike time as well when we return. It's going to be a lovely day so plan to get out on the trail and enjoy it.

Hi to Louise and Verleen. So glad to see you come by. Louise, I just love that little trailer you're planing on building. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

We are finally picking tomatoes. It took some time for them to redden up. Our zucchini is growing by leaps and bounds. We have been sharing with family for a time to just keep up. HA! Our little lemon tree produced one lemon to pick so I juiced it and had some fresh lemonade. Lovely flavor. Can't wait until more grow on it next year.

Doris your rain barrel sounds like a great way to conserve for outside watering. I would love to try that technic. All I would need is the rain. Our lake where we walk is drying up. You can see the bottom in some places. Hope the city will dredge it now to make it deeper when it does rain again.

Time to get my walking boots on and get my booty moving. Have a grand 4th today!

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 07-04-2014 at 09:47 AM..
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #8

Sharon, your garden sounds like it's doing very well, those tomatoes do take their sweet time.............I'd be a neighbor who would like the zucchini, ha ha.

The 2 garbage cans are coming in handy, but, we don't have it set up like the "real" rain barrel would have, our gutters are not in a good spot to do that here. Our water restrictions, as of July 1, are we can water with sprinklers for 30 min. every two week, on our scheduled day, for us, it's Thursdays. I save used dish pan water, and cooking water from boiling eggs, or corn or the like, and dh decides which plants get it. The lawn and trees and old shrubs that were here when we moved here are on their own. We have lovely Crepe Myrtles that are doing fine, and 2 oak trees. Just the new stuff is being watered carefully, some is in the ground, and some in containers. We had to be careful with water when we lived in the mountains in Calif. anyway, because of having a well, so what we are doing is not unusual. But here, they have code enforcement people driving around, even at night, and they will Fine you, just add it to your Bill!

Enjoy the day...........
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:23 AM   #9

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/142.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Just marking my spot.
Went to Yoga class this morning 2 hours of stretching and movement, balance and flexibility. Yeah! I love it!
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:27 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
DH and I worked in the garden all day. Pruned my lilac from Philadelphia and the Sambucus.

Then the big job: giving up on my beloved climbing rose, New Dawn. In Philadelphia, this Rose had a bit of black spot, but I was able to keep it under control with corn meal. Here, the one I planted just got worse every year to the point, this year, where it did not even flower normally. Cutting back a huge climbing Rose is a horrific chore. DH and I both look like we have been in battle.
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Happy Fourth of July! I always enjoyed watching fireworks as long as I didn't have to battle crowds. I miss them. I heard them tonight but saw nothing in the sky from my porch.

Sharon, if Doris is your neighbor on one side, can I be your neighbor on the other side? I need to get out to see what the farmers have. It was just a week ago they were harvesting peas. Things are a little late here.

Louise, it was good to hear from you. Always makes my day. That mini travel trailer is so very nice. What talent you have. Post a picture of yours when you finish it.

Michele, did you go shopping and what did you buy?

Mary, I hope you are feeling better.

Doris, its too bad you don't have good gutters. You would really get so much more rain water.

Linda, you haven't been saying much. Are you feeling alright?

Susan, glad to hear you like your yoga class or were you trying to be funny?

Babette, sorry about your rose. I have to leave my Eastern RedBud tree behind. I planted it 4 yrs ago and it started to bloom 2 yrs ago. Beautiful! However, it grew large very quickly. Too big to move.

I have to get in bed and cuddle with my sweet Molly. See you tomorrow.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:42 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The fireworks have been almost constant for the last two and a half hours and my poor doxie is going crazy...at one time I was in the easy chair, draped by three tail-waggers. I took a break to take my evening meds and get away from the cuddle. Actually, I staved off the beginning by turning up the volume on the TV, so the first little poppers were ignored by my scaredy dog. Sure hope the fireworks are the safe and sane type and don't start any fires in our area as it is dry, dry, dry.

Hope your Fourth was good...I really enjoyed the PBS show, A Capitol Fourth. I miss the fireworks and the parties. My one major regret in life is that I missed the celebration on the Capitol Mall. The one time I was in D.C. on the Fourth, I made a bad choice and comforted a couple of teens rather than go to the Mall. But I think I've talked about that before. My DH made sure we had a good one every year....and when I was I kid, our family reunions were always scheduled then as my aunt was born on the Fourth of July. I miss having family and friends to share this holiday.

Last edited by Mssarge; 07-04-2014 at 10:45 PM..