LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2014, 07:23 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAY'S ROLL CALL, May 16

Let's move it on down the line, almost another weekend upon us, friends.
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Your walk-in shower sounds so nice. That is something I would love to have done to our bathroom too. Where would one start to find the right contractors? I think it's time to check Angie's list.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #3

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thanks for the start off again, Doris.

Sharon, word of mouth is the best way to go along with certified plumbers in the area who have great references and PHOTOS of their work.

Heading off to bed soon. We are going to have a whole lot of rain tonight. Hope the power stays on.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
I agree with Linda, Doris. A wheelchair accessible shower would seem to be a great idea for all seniors! We have a walk in shower, but there wasn't enough space to make it accessible.

I had one of those days. It got warm here quite suddenly, and it had been so wet, biting insects are ravenous. I must have 20+ bites and they itch like crazy. And they are in places that are completely covered while gardening....any thoughts on most effective itch control?
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:55 AM   #5

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Ouch Babette, only thing I can think of is hydrocortisone cream topically, sometimes vinegar works and systemically something like Benedryl if you can tolerate that without feeling sleepy.

The big move in happened yesterday and my place is looking great with 'neew' furniture. hah! It is the lull before the storm today.
They have the packers coming to their house today to do their big move to the storage place tomorrow. They have a lot of large furniture to be moved.

DGD is feeling a bit sad losing her pool, back yard and playroom but we are trying to make it an adventure for her. DD took her riding for two hours yesterday to take her mind of things. Hopefully it won't be long before they find a nice place again.

Sharon, Glad to see your post. How is the mobility now? Are you running a 4 minute mile again? Hah! Any pain or discomfort?

Thanks Doug for the laugh at myself.

Waving to ALL and hope to check back later...
Old 05-16-2014, 05:34 AM   #6

Susan, wishing a "SMOOTH MOVE", for everyone concerned, and "adventure" is what we used to tell the boys, lol.

I'm posting on the board for our housing area here, to see whom the neighbors would recommend, there is a place for every kind of house hold job that people have had done before on that board.

dh got up over an hour early this morning, don't know why, but it annoys me, feel rushed, because he needs something to do.

Later!
Old 05-16-2014, 05:51 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning gang,
Sun is shining and looks like a nice day.Not much happening here,just like I like it.May cut grass later or not.lol The dishwasher is almost full so will run that later and I have a batch of jeans to put washing.A good time will be had.
Susan, your house will come alive with the family there.When Houston come this house sings,when they leave it goes to sleep.Hope your little dog likes his company.
Mary,sorry to hear about your brother,all mine are gone,just have my sister that is in the nursing home.She is really out of it,just hanging on.
I agree on the shower,DH hates showers so I would have a lift put in so he could be in his jetted bath,he loves that tub.
BBL
Old 05-16-2014, 06:38 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...sun shining in the kitchen window as it rises throwing bright lights all around. Up early as I couldn't keep my eyes open last night and was in bed about nine. Temps dropping a bit today but we won't really feel relief until the weekend when they drop to "normal." I guess you've heard we must have a "crazy" out here setting fires...nine started within an hour's time and still burning in some places...what get's into people?

I had never heard of a wheelchair-accessible shower outside of the hospitals, so that sounds interesting. I had a friend who had a bath re-modeled when she bought it as her father needed the "walk-in" type. She still loves it even tho' he is gone now.

I've only the sister missionaries coming this afternoon for a lesson and dinner, so will be staying in and trying to stay cool. So will probably pull out the books and study a bit today...strangely, my "get up and go", got up and went.

Have a great day folks, and I hope good things come your way.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:30 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Iolani
Stats: 205/182/125 5'2"
WOE: Low Carb/Gluten Free
Start Date: 4.19.14
Thinking of you all this morning. Hugs, love, and prayers...
Iolani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:10 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Yesterday was my 3 week anniv. day of surgery. I'm going to an ortho. clinic now 3 x's a week. Chuck is so nice. I'm being put on a machine that bends the leg to stretch the area and doing some weights and some type of low machine that you bend your knee up by peddling. It's an hour of fun. Dh and I are trying to walk around our neighborhood with me taking a walker but the heat has been ghastly! I think it's going to be a little cooler today so will take the fur kids out this morning. I'm doing more and more walking by myself without help. Those little tapes are slowly but surely falling off now too.

We have a small bathroom and neither of us like baths. I'm going to start looking. A walk in shower would do nicely in our small space.

Hoping our temps don't reach in the 100's again today. Take care everyone.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:29 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Hello everyone. A special hi to Doris, Linda, Babette and Michele. Sorry Babette, I can't think of any anti-itch stuff other than what was suggested.

Linda, did you get the storm? We didn't get one here.

I would love to have a handicapped accessible shower but our on-suite bath is too small.

No plans for today, yet. I'm thinking of seeing if Cathy and Rich would like to go out for dinner. I do have some phone calls to make.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Hi Verleen - It's good to hear that you're up to going out to dinner - Hope you make it happen!

Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:13 AM   #13

Nice to see you, Verleen, hope you guys go out to dinner!!

Sharon, I'm so happy to read you are doing such a good job with the knee exercises and getting more movement going every day, wonderful!!! I haven't taken a bath since 1974, when I became pregnant, and they recommended we didn't sit around in our own stew in hot water at that time. After that, didn't have time to "sit around and stew" in any bath, anyway.

Sherry, how are you faring today?

Gladys, I know what you mean about the house "singing" when the young people are there, feels like you are living and having fun again!

Mary, what miserable weather you are having, and I've been reading about those fire starter people that they are looking for, hope they catch some of them. Do you have fans in your house, I mean ceiling fans, to help? I hope so.

We don't want anything ultra fancy in the bathroom, dh wants more than one shower head, and a place to put your stuff, and I want a floor that is non slip and grab bars.

Just talked to a gal from the county tax appraisal district, she nicely told us to come to the office, and sign one thing, and they will put us on for all of last year as having that Homestead exemption that Texas offers to seniors, very nice of her!!! So we will be getting some good money back, at some point. Yippee, finally some good news.

Have a good afternoon and evening, friends.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!