LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 08:00 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY'S ROLL CALL, May 14

Let's all jump the hump, and get moving around, today...........

See you in the AM.
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2014, 04:20 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Now don't laugh, but I put the heat on last night... the temps were in the 50s and I got cold -

Enjoy your day,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:05 AM   #3

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/144/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Doris, Not too sure if I can jump and hump today. The yoga was a muscle blaster. I hope to get out on a walk with DD for an hour if the rain holds off.

Linda, It was me that mentioned NCIS yesterday. Yes I have been following that show for years now. Mark Harmon still has it, huh?

Hope Sheila's son has passed those kidney stones without too much trouble.

Michele, not to worry, I too have had the heat on intermittently. We like our creature comforts huh?

Waving to All and hope to check back later...
Old 05-14-2014, 06:47 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
No jumping here,back is unhappy this morning.Got up to use the bathroom during the night,most didn't make it.Stiff as a board,trying to think what I did yesterday to cause it.Really think it's age/weight.
The weather was rainy and still is,yuk.
Nothing planned for today,DH has Drs. appointment tomorrow,don't know if he will need me to go with him.It's for his heart,stress test,last time the meds made him feel bad.Keep telling him all those Drs. are going to kill him.
We never turn the ac unit off,just set it the same year round,it decides if it needs heat or cold to keep it that way.Too old to suffer for a few dollars saved.
BBL
Old 05-14-2014, 06:48 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dachsie Rescuer
Stats: 232/206/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2014
Good Morning All-
Between the wind and heat going on around here, my sinuses are on the warpath! Called my dentist last night; was sure I had a tooth going bad but alas, sinus infection! Oh well, at least some antibiotics and Benadryl will take care of that for a lot less money than a bad tooth...lol
Have a good one everybody!

Janis
Dachsie Rescuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:28 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Morning friends...my days are filling up and keeping me busy. I've spoken with a couple of people who said they'd come to the Family history center this morning...sure hope they do. But if they all show, all three of the consultants will be busy...yeah! Then I've got to run to the RV storage and pay my bill; tomorrow I'll have to pay a penalty and we don't need that. Thank goodness they called. Then I've the home/visiting teachers coming tonight...I'll explain that later.

Janis, I can certainly agree with you...this crazy weather is driving my allergies insane. I've gone from over-medicating for it to trying to just maintain a tolerance...sigh! This year has been insane.

Well, gotta get jumping if I'm going to get everything done today...have a good one.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:29 AM   #7

Michele, wasn't it nice, how cool and comfortable it was? I had to wear a nightgown again, lol. It will change to it's normal pattern soon enough.

Filling up some more donation bags today, doing laundry, and general chores, and going through more moving box stuff. Will pick up Silas later on. Daughter in law still away at her mother's, and they are at the bedside of an uncle who is not going to live much longer.

Have a good day, friends.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:38 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Just before I read this thread, I told DH we were going to have to turn on the airconditioner tonight!

When it is in the mid 70's during the day, it just does not get cool enough for me even with porch doors and windows open when it drops only to the 50's.

I must have it very cool to sleep!

Nothing much planned today. Overdue book due at library.....
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #9

Begete, do you keep a fan aimed at you while you sleep, to help keep you cool in case the A/C is not up to snuff? My friend back in Calif. has to travel everywhere with a small fan, so where ever they may go to stay overnight, she has that fan blowing at her. She has done that for 13 years now, it's the only way she can sleep.

I was going through linens from my Mother's stuff, and found a cute set of 3 linen kitchen towels, done with that "liquid ink" embroidery that was popular during the early 1960's or so, brand new, she did them so nicely, and then put them away and never used them. Does anyone know if you can launder them with just regular laundry soap, or do they need something "extra"?? My mother kept so many nice tablecloths, it's a shame for them to sit put away, I'm trying to use them on the big dining room table now.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 05-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Doris, I had no problem with washing the liquid embroidery with regular Tide back in the day...but since they've bee sitting so long, you might want to give them a "gentle wash."

Made a run to Sprout's especially for nectarines...first of the season and fairly cheap, so it was worth the run, but, of course, I came away with a bag of other stuff...no dried foods, today, tho'.

And, while running around, I got "the call" from my nieces...services are Saturday and I'm regretting not being able to go...too far for me to drive by meself. My true regret is that I didn't make the trip while he was alive but the last two years have been crazy. I just wish I could be there for the nieces, just to give them hugs. I'm okay as I think I've been expecting brother's demise and I know he is now free of pain.

I'll bbl...

Last edited by Mssarge; 05-14-2014 at 03:59 PM..
Old 05-14-2014, 04:12 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Just a thought Mary, couldn't someone from the church drive you in your car? This way you could pay for the gas and it wouldn't put any wear on their car. It doesn't hurt to ask - there's no shame in asking for help. You are always anxious to help others, it's time to let someone else have the blessing of helping you.

Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:13 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the thought Michelle, what a wonderful ideea.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:35 PM   #13

That sounds like a good idea, those sister's might be up for a "road trip", Mary, and someone to talk with. I'm sorry to hear your brother passed away, it is a shock, even when you know it's coming. Was he your only sibling, none of my business, of course.

Michele, it's going to be another chilly night tonight! When we drove to pick up Silas this afternoon, we both said, "it feels like the Bay area", windows open, etc, fresh, clean air, lol. Of course, we will get slapped soon enough.

Be back later on to post tomorrow's roll.