LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Tuesday's May 13 Roll call

Don't know where Doris is tonight so I thought I would start us off.

Hopefully she and G are OK and getting some much needed rest.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2014, 02:07 AM   #2

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Thanks so much for starting, Linda. Our internet went of after 6:30 pm and never came back on, Iphone didn't work to send emails.

Susan, funny how we are online a lot and post at that same time, even Here!

Michele, we had almost 2 inches, great stuff!!!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:27 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Had almost 4 inches - some people have power outages, some trees have been downed, what a night! Glad you're okay, Doris.

BBL,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:06 AM   #4

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Good Morning ALL,

Glad to hear that you are doing okay Doris.

Thanks, Linda for the kick off.

Michele, hope you don't get soaked.

Temps have dropped a tad today. Typical Spring Day. I must work on my dandelions. Yikes!
We can't use strong herbicides up here they are banned and I can't get anything strong at the stores. Weed Be Gone is mostly vinegar I heard, a lot of money for a weak product like that. I have a digger thing so I will be getting my exercise I guess with that.

I have my Yoga class later this morning, nothing much on my agenda after that. DD and gang move in a week today, so lots of stuff in disarray around here.

Waving to ALL and wishing you a pleasant day.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:15 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...up early for me as eyes popped open and wouldn't close for a second snooze, so maybe will sleep well tonight. Spanish, then cooking class for me (I'm teaching Anika to make peach cobbler today as she asked for that...unless she decides not to use the oven when temps are going towards triple digits today)

I'm not getting the longevity from the "rooster comb" shots from January that I usually get, so broke down and went back to ortho yesterday as the morning pain almost laid me low...had the shot in the worst knee and feels so much better already. So will be going in twice a week for the series. Then will be going in for physical therapy as I think (probably wrongly, but oh well) that's why I got only a few months of relief. The water exercises will certainly help.

I'm working on clearing up my perishable no-no's so I can start Atkins '72 phase one on Sunday. (last night Nancy brought over a loaf of her lovely whole wheat bread...sigh! bit still time to enjoy it this week) I love the plan under which I lost the 50 pounds, but can't seem to get back to JUDDD even tho' I've maintained for over a year, so am thinking to change my plan to low carb for a while to see if I can kick-start my loss to the next goal. Hey, Babette, want to start a challenge to see who gets into the 150's first? You said you're bouncing just above there. I have a bit further to go but willing to challenge you to maybe 145 pounds.

I still am having problems with clothing sizes...I just can't picture myself in smaller ones. I'll start out in the Misses's sizes and work downward. Most clothes are in the 12-14's now and am really surprised when I see a "medium." You ladies that lost a lot and have maintained for a while....is this normal? I look in a mirror and still the see the large person I use to be.

Sounds like our friends in the southwest got some welcome rain out of the last front, hope it was a good "woman rain" and no damage was down. Also hope this next front which will be moving through in a few days also will not cause any problems when it meets the Gulf stream.

Guess I better get moving on the day, even tho' I've time to move slowly...have a great day folks and I'll be sending you all hugs and best wishes...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 05-13-2014 at 07:16 AM..
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:28 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning.

We had a wonderful time in Vancouver, BC and are looking forward to a return trip.

I was happy to hear that Texas was getting a lot of rain, as I recently saw a TV show about the drought there. Michele and Doris....did the rain fall in the parts of Texas that most needed it?

Mary....you are on! is our challenge to stay below 160 for a full week? or to get to 145?

I was at 161.4 when we left for Vancouver, but this morning was back to 163.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:34 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, Babette, we can do it...but I made a typo...meant to say let's see who can get to 155 first....baby steps. Okay? I'm holding at 167 so you should have an easier go.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Iolani
Stats: 205/182/125 5'2"
WOE: Low Carb/Gluten Free
Start Date: 4.19.14
Hello and love to all...

Mary and Babette, wishing you luck on your challenge!
Iolani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:14 AM   #9

Babette, we had rain that helped some areas out, if they were smart enough to have resovoirs near them, but not many here have those, but it helped and was unexpected for this time of year. Some more can come in tonight, my husband is happy for every drop, so we don't need to run any once a week sprinklers.

No wonder people go on steroids, I have no more pain in my heel or knees since taking these steroid meds, and can walk quickly again, it's like a "miracle", NOW I understand why athletes use those drugs.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 05-13-2014, 12:32 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Babette, The lakes in my part of the state only rose of few inches. Many, many more rain falls such as we had last night are needed to make a difference, I'm afraid.

Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:16 PM   #11

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
Hi all. who got all the bad weather? Hope all is well. All is ok here. the baby is growing. E
than is a little over one month old. Oh ,today my son went to the emergency room with kidney stones. He is still there. He said they gave him an ativan so he is doing ok... l o l.
Doris, they put me on prednisone for a week. I loved it too. I felt so good!!
Good luck on your challenge Ladies!!
waving hi to all. sleepy , want to address everyone singularly but too tired right now. Night shift is not all it is cracked up to be.
weight loss for the week 4.2 pounds. Long journey. Wish I had not gained it all back.

vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, Doris, they didn't care for my posting about the book site..sorry to them, but doubly sorry to you as I didn't give the right site anyway,,, it should be abebooks. I love this site as I've picked up a lot of out-of-print books. As I said, it is a co-op of sellers around the world so there is always a good selection. Most of my library is, of course, e-books, but I still love the feel of print books, so always looking to some

The baking lesson went well today and the cobbler turned out great. I just hope her family likes it, as it's not as sweet as most peach cobblers but I like it so there!! Next week I'm going to start her out on sauces which was my original idea. As you can always modify a basic to turn it into something else. Next week will be white sauce, then turn into cheese sauce for mac n'cheese...should be fun.

Hope your day went well, mine was good....hasta manana!
Old 05-13-2014, 03:51 PM   #13

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Well Done Sheila! That is a good weight loss.

My DS had kidney stones last month, terrific pain then when they relax it passes. He had the first attack last Fall and the rest of the stones have passed now. They only saw 3 before on the scan, now he is clear.

Mary and Babette, WTGG's on that Challenge!

Going to settle in for the night now and watch the Finale of NCIS, gotta get my Gibbs fix.

Enjoy your evening and pleasant dreams...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:38 PM   #14

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
Everyone is talking about NCIS. I wish I had watched it when it first came out.
Mine is Chicago Fire tonight.

Susan, they told Shane that diet coke cannot be his only form of drink. They told him he needs water... I looked at him and said, uh, duh... and they gave him meds to relax him.

Mary, I love peach cobbler. My family had some over the weekend and cherry cobbler. I was jealous.

Hi to Babette , Michele, Sherry and Doris!(and anyone else I forgot) Has the rain moved out of Texas? Its headed our way for Thurs. To me Jacksonville is in this little corner and it seems all the bad weather goes above us or below us. We do get rain and thunderstorms though. Just really since I have been here nothing serious. Got to work tonight so thinking of a nap.
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:08 PM   #15

So they just give some meds to get rid of kidney stones now?? I remember back when the person had to float in water or something for several hours, years ago. Thank goodness it seems to be easier to get rid of them now. Hope your son can go home tonight, Sheila!
Old 05-13-2014, 06:36 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Good evening.

Doris, I'm sorry, I didn't answer your question. I haven't called to find out what my email addy is. It came to mind today and quickly disappeared. I'll remember. Hopefully soon.

Hi Michelle.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:58 PM   #17

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
NCIS was great, Sheila. One of my favorites. You should watch next season.

Verleen, great to see you posting. Hope you do remember your Email adddy.

Doris, Tod had kidney stones a few years ago and had a Lithrotripsy...Lithotripsy | Johns Hopkins Medicine Health Library

Hi to everybody else.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:23 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad to know that others are hooked on Mark Harmon and NCIS. It's one of my favorties and has been so for years...love the stores and it was a nice the tribute they gave to the actor who played his father...can't remember his name but was a great character actor.

Don't know if I've told my NCIS story here before, but bear with me. I had taken a couple days off work a few years ago because my brother and sister-in-law had come into town and we were spending some time together (which was rare when they came off their mountain). I was showing off my place of business to them and had just gotten to the heart of our operation when the Sergeant on duty came to me and told me I had a telephone call.

No one knew where I was so I was very surprised but took the call anyway...it was an NCIS agaent in Kansas, or all places, who asked me if we were able to determine what program was airing at a certain time. Apparently one of his suspects was using the excuse of watching TV as his alibi...I suppose as I never heard anything further regarding it. I told him we could certainly do so and referred him to our headquarters rep. The sergeant should have known what to do but itstead shrugged it off on to me...oh well, some people shouldn't be in their positions.

Anyway, I've always remembered that phone call from an NCIS agent and wondered if it were Mark Harmon....lol.

Last edited by Mssarge; 05-13-2014 at 09:25 PM..
Old 05-14-2014, 06:58 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Hi Linda. I will try to remember to call Time Warner and get that email addy. I hope nothing diverts my short attention span somewhere else. Now I'm off to find some breakfast and start drinking my daily water.

Have a great day.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote