Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   MONDAY'S ROLL CALL, May 12 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/830906-mondays-roll-call-may-12-a.html)

mykneesareback 05-11-2014 08:40 PM

MONDAY'S ROLL CALL, May 12

Here we go, friends, another full week in May to get ourselves prepared mentally for a hot, unruly summer.

LoveMontana 05-11-2014 10:12 PM

Best of luck to both of you at the doctors tomorrow.

Hate , Hate long hot summers.:sad: Thank heavens for air conditioning.

Heading off to bed after a long and happy day visiting everyone.

SuSUN 05-12-2014 06:48 AM

Another Sunny Monday...:cool:

Thank you Doris for our start out the door this morning.:up:

I slept like a top last night after a busy day at work.

Some of my furniture is going into storage today at 3 pm.
DSonIL is organizing it all.
I have mixed emotions but I guess this is a lesson in letting go. :stars:
Another transition phase I guess.
They will move some of their furniture in next week and then the rest of theirs will go into storage too.
Once the dust settles so to speak...they can look for a new home at their leisure instead of choosing in a hurry. I am happy to help them out. I just hope it works for us all living together here. :confused:

Hope to check back later...:heart:

mykneesareback 05-12-2014 07:31 AM

Susan, wishing you well on this next "change of life".........yes, living together could become challenging at times, but I'm sure you will get through it. I remember living with grandparents and aunt and cousins all together when we immigrated to the US, it was fun, for me, because of all the adult attention. Your granddaughter will be able to really get to know you!! :)

My computer is acting weird, the printing is way too tiny for my eyes, good thing son is coming tonight. I don't recall doing something to change any of it on here at all.

Wishing everyone well, I'm on the phone to get doctor appts. going.

Dachsie Rescuer 05-12-2014 08:29 AM

Good Morning Everyone-
Had a great weekend with Ed in So. California and back home in Monterey just in time to beat the heat wave that will be hitting down there this week. Didn't follow my low carb plan this weekend but did tons of walking (spent the day at the Safari Wildlife Park up and down hills for 5 hrs) so the scale was kind to me this morning. Back on low carb today :)
Take care everyone!
Janis

Loretta V 05-12-2014 08:38 AM

Tech issues have drove me crazy this past weekend. My router went out but I successfully installed a new one. Well, it took me 2 tries.
Then my phone was really acting crazy so I got it rebooted and it seems to be fine now. I had better not get inflated over my successes, there are more failures than I can count. Those issues sure take up a LOT of time.

Susan I think it will all work out for you and your family. Just enjoy the time together.

Janis glad that you had a good weekend and it included a lot of walking. I sometimes take a break from low carbing. IT helps me get back on track.

Hope you are feeling a lot better Linda. You are due for some good health.

Mssarge 05-12-2014 10:01 AM

Good morning all...lots of sun but no wind (yet) this morning. We had enough yesterday that I've got to get the handyman out to repair the fence boards that came down. At least I didn't lose any trees as some have. Of course, this is the first day of the week at the FHC (family history center) and my dance card for the week is filling up fast.

Also making inroads in housebreaking Bella...I'll go days with no wee' gifties, then get a surprise. Can't figure out what makes the difference so working on that. At least I know she's improving so I'm not as frustrated.

Got a text from niece last night and they've taken my brother back home. Apparently cancer has mestasized and they'll have hospice care at home. But he's still giving an occasional "Hey Babe." I'll not give any further updates on his condition, just keep us in your prayers. So proud of my nieces as they go through this next step of life.

Hugs and good vibrations going out to you all and I'll bbl...

mykneesareback 05-12-2014 12:54 PM

Mary, I'm so sorry about your dear brother beginning this next step :console: I just had an email from daughter in law, they are doing the same for her uncle right now. Those danged winds will mess up anything that isn't nailed down.

Did the doctor visit, was lucky to get a morning appt. right after calling, now can enjoy steroids, inhaler and antibiotics for 10 days, and see how that does. Had to sleep in the living room last night, sort of sitting up. But it will pass.

So damp and muggy here, the bedding and towels and clothes feel as though someone put them into the dryer, but took them out 10 min. too soon, but still insists that we wear them anyway.

birdlady 05-12-2014 01:12 PM

I had a great day yesterday.DDand hubby cooked grilled food for us.He makes the best pork ribs,that's all I ate had my fill.Since both families are small they always have us together,makes for new conversations.Missed Houston gang.
Mary,sorry to hear about your brother,does he live far away.
Doris,did you both go to the Dr.?
Loretta,glad you go up and going,sometimes one just feels like throw them out the window.lol
janis,that park sounds nice but five hrs,yikes.
Susan,all will go well.
Linda,how are your painful feet/legs?gosh that is going on a long time.Luck like my DH yours can take care of himself or he would not make it.lol
Going to rain again,we needed it but i think it should go to Cali now.
BBL

modon69478 05-12-2014 05:28 PM

Hi Everyone,

Got some heavy rains/storms expected for tonight - got the flashlight within reach - Sure hope Doris and her family are safe!

Susan, you had asked how often I take the car in for the oil change. The dealership sends me a reminder card. Every car is different - the manual states at what intervals to bring it in. I think I'm good now until the 15,000 mile check up.

Waving to all - it was good to see Louise and Verleen's posts. Sending hugs to Mary and anyone else needing one,

Michele

SuSUN 05-12-2014 05:48 PM

Thanks Michele, :up: Yes, I think my dealership did that too. My car is 3.5 years old and I only have 22,000 kms on it.
I must pay more attention to these things.

The furniture move went smoothly so I am happy about that.
I don't feel sad so that's a good thing. I think the anticipation is always the worst part.
So it is in storage for a little while, maybe up to a year. :confused:

Thanks for all your encouragement, so far so good. :up:

mykneesareback 05-12-2014 05:48 PM

Stay safe, Michele, glad you have the house full of flashlights, lol, we do that too. Son is driving in nasty pouring rain right now, to get here, but the roads are passable. Minor flooding here and there.

Hoping the power stays on, because dh is watching ice hockey semi finals or something like that, lol.

Waving at everyone, gotta go cook for the men folk.

SuSUN 05-12-2014 05:52 PM

Doris, we posted at the exact same time again. Hah!

modon69478 05-12-2014 09:23 PM

Have 3 inches so far and we're not done yet!