mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
You must be happy to be home so you both can see your local doctors.

Thunder storms are moving through so I best sign off.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:26 PM   #3

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
Glad you had a safe trip Doris. Hot here. I mean, what else is new? It is always hot here.
Baby Ethan should be waking soon so this will be short so I do not have to hear wa wa wa I want my bottle, wa wa wa Lol
Staying on plan with my food. Doing good with cutting out sweetener too. I sleep during the day and stay up all night so I rotated my hrs like 8 to 9 pm is breakfast one am. is lunch. 3 to 4 am is a snack , 7 a.m. is dinner. That's it til the next day. So far so good.

I am ready to throw my scale out the window. No movement in that area today. (I know, don't weigh daily ) Use to it tho. No gain so that makes me really happy!! Hi to all. Have a great Saturday.

vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:21 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good morning,

Am so glad that Doris and her husband made it back. Now it's time to relax and regain your strength.

Today's plan for me is to do the usual bunch of errands (mall, bank, oil change, and grocery store) and housework. I hope Susan's long arm comes down here and drags me to the gym this afternoon (even if it's for just 20 minutes)

Enjoy your day everyone,
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:56 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
I thought Doris had another travel day today and had only made it as far as Amarillo when she started the thread. If you are home, Doris, glad to hear that. if today is your last travel day, hope it is a safe one. Are you feeling any better?

Today is our day to pack for a short trip to Vancouver tomorrow to meet up with friends from New Zealand.

Last Wednesday, we went to a rare plant nursery and bought a bunch of plants which I am so glad we did not yet plant because we had a hail storm yesterday that last more than 1/2 hour and smashed whatever was planted in about 2 inches of ice! Never saw anything like that before.

I will post photo taken about halfway thru the storm.

Editing to add photo:

Last edited by Begete; 05-10-2014 at 09:00 AM..
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:04 AM   #6

[QUOTE=Begete;16906019]I thought Doris had another travel day today and had only made it as far as Amarillo when she started the thread. If you are home, Doris, glad to hear that. if today is your last travel day, hope it is a safe one. Are you feeling any better?

Today is our day to pack for a short trip to Vancouver tomorrow to meet up with friends from New Zealand.

QUOTE]

My mistake. Sorry about that.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:29 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all, cloudy and cool here today but the high pressure area is moving in so we have high wind warnings throughout the basin. This looks to be a really big one so the winds will be with us for a while and our temps will be rising into the triple digits again...sigh! One thing we know for sure is that hot temps come here to reside for a long while. That also means the fire warnings are in effect so we give prayers for them, too.

Babette, sorry to hear of the hail storm and glad you didn't get those tender plants out. How did the rest of your garden survive?

I, too, thought Doris and her spouse has another day on the road and the Amarillo to Dallas run shouldn't be too bad...our prayers are with them, too.

I'm sitting here watching the breast cancer run/walk from the coliseum instead of being there and feeling pretty down. My former workplace has sponsored a group to go there for 19 years and I was a driving part of it, now I just watch it. Every year but this one they've kept me in the loop and I miss it. Oh well, enough of that whine...I couldn't walk five k's anyway.

Just got a call from my niece. She took my brother into the hospital yesterday and they transported him into Sacramento and the prognosis is not good. He's not been too well since his wife died two years ago, so it's not a surprise but I still hope he'll make it through this crisis.

Have a safe day all...and I'll type ya later...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:15 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Sending hugs your way, Mary!
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:29 AM   #9

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Just getting here. It is so hot up here today. Whew! I went to the hospice walk with the group this morning then for coffee as they all ate brunch. I felt okay as I had had my breakfast before I went. So I am hanging in so far so good.

Yes, Doris, You are so right, we have all done it over and over before.
Repeat and Repent, as you say.
I am sure that you two are well on your journey homeward bound. Safe travels with no delays.

Mary, sending and for your brother's speedy recovery.
Well done getting that Breast Ca Run under way 19 years ago.

Michele, Yes, Saturday seems to be your 'run around errands day.' How often do you get your oil changed? I am wondering when I had mine last done. I think it was in the Fall. I hardly put much mileage on my car so I may be okay for a little while longer.

Babette, When I got home from the hospice group I took the dog for his little walkies on the bike path behind my house and there was a lady and her son digging up Hydrangeas to give to her friend that has a large property.

I told her that I was going to plant some in my yard, and low and behold she offered me to take as many as I like from her spreading bunch.
How fortuitous is that? I need to get over there with my shovel and get me a few. Hah! The sun is hot right now so I will gather my tools and get over there in another hour or so.
Good pic of that hail storm, the season's are so crazy.

Shiela, How are You managing with the night shift? Eating and Sleeping wise? Sounds like you are doing a terrific job with baby Ethan.

I had better sort some more boxes out only 10 days to DDs move in here.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:35 AM   #10

Mothers Day Roses

Here is a pic of my lovely roses from DS. He is such a thoughtful son.

He is in DC today and will be getting on the train with the car this afternoon on its way to Orlando. He has a berth on board as it takes 19 hours, so he sleep in comfort over night.

MothersDayRoses2014.jpg
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #11

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Susan, what lovely Roses for you, how nice of your son. How neat, to ride a train for such a long time, lol, so the car stays safe and your son can rest up.

Mary, I'm sorry to read about your brother being in the hospital, hope things are looking better for him.

Begete, I saw the hail pictures on facebook, what a mess!

Linda, I shouldn't have been posting all that stuff to annoy everyone, but was feeling lonely, we did finally just arrive an hour or so ago. I'm on here trying to unstop the mail from being held. How are you feeling?

Michelle, did you get your errands done without mischief moving in the way?

Waving at you, Sheila.

We are so danged pooped.............drained. But luggage is in the house, fresh milk is bought, leftovers from lunch at the Armadillo Grille is in the fridge for supper.

The kids left me my Mother's Day plants and cards and a Bluetooth Jam Plus Wireless Speaker on my office chair. Will have to talk to them to figure out what it is......lol

Thank you all once again for all of your kind thoughts and prayers for dh and I during this latest adventure of the "golden Oldies".

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
for Mary and Doris today. Sorry that your brother is now well, Mary. Glad you to see you home safe and sound Doris.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Mary, so sorry your brother is ill. The lettuce did not survive the hail very well....torn leaves everywhere.

Welcome home Doris!
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #14

Oh so relieved to hear that you are safe and sound at home now Doris.

Temps were in the 70's up here today. 22 Celsius. It felt so hot so early in the season.

Working tomorrow for Mothers Day, hope to check after work.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykneesareback View Post

Linda, I shouldn't have been posting all that stuff to annoy everyone, but was feeling lonely, we did finally just arrive an hour or so ago. I'm on here trying to unstop the mail from being held. How are you feeling?

Thank you all once again for all of your kind thoughts and prayers for dh and I during this latest adventure of the "golden Oldies".
Hi Doris, no need to be worried about posting stuff. I just assumed you were home.

Thanks for asking. I'm slowly getting over the pain. Stairs and I do not get along , but I'm walking a little better.

Hi to the rest, I' too tired to address everyone