LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
TUESDAY'S ROLL CALL, May 6

Another round of the usual, please, place your orders..........

See you at some point on Tuesday, friends.
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2014, 10:58 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Heading off to mainland tomorrow for dr appointment.

Have a good day everyone.
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:20 AM   #3

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
Being up all night has its benefits I guess. what shall I do after 9a.m. ??? SLEEP!! wondering how my nights and days are backward, what this will do with my dieting? I am trying not to eat any more than I did during the day when I was awake.
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:23 AM   #4

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Good Morning All,

Enjoy your day Doris, sounds packed with Fun and interesting people along the way.

Babette, hope that bug leaves you two alone, so that you can lead the expedition. Safe travels on the water today to the drs.

Sheila, Hope you are sleeping like a baby right now. Yes, it will be interesting to see what the night shift does to your eating pattern.

Julie, I hope you feel up to calling those companies to get a couple of quotes. I did that last year and saved lots. I even changed the house insurance with the auto insurance as that was lower too.

Mary, do tell about the young gal and how her cooking requests are fairing. They are lucky to have you.

Looks like a pretty day is starting up out there. Lots of sunshine so far, temps are low still but I can live with that.

Waving to ALL and hope to check back later...
Old 05-06-2014, 07:42 AM   #5

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Oops, forgot to check in last night, but I'm here.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:40 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
I'm off to Lafayette to let DD spend my gift certificate,hope she has better luck.Will let you know how it goes.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:44 AM   #7

that should be fun, Gladys, you can get vicarious pleasure from what your daughter picks out!

Sheila, it will take time to adjust to those hours, diet or not

Linda, I saw you "around" last night, , knew you were up.

Waving at everyone.........
Old 05-06-2014, 08:51 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/155/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all, up and moving...slowly but I've only an hour before Spanish class, so I'll just wave at y'all and will bbl to catch you up on my day...have a great one, folks.

Doris, how luck y'all didn't come through Barstow a day later...there's the fire on the new bridge up in the high desert which is causing all kinds of havoc for drivers on I-15...amazing what one little bottle-neck can do.

Last edited by Mssarge; 05-06-2014 at 08:53 AM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:53 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dachsie Rescuer
Stats: 232/206/135
Start Date: February 2014
Good Morning --
Not a good night -- I ate everything that wasn't nailed down. I don't know why; I just did it. So---starting fresh today but feeling very disappointed in myself.
Take care -- and have a good one.

Janis -- dragging belly on ground from carb binge.....
Dachsie Rescuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:11 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Good morning from Cal. Weather has just been beautiful so far this week. Hearing now the high temps will return. We are seeing baby summer squash and zucchini on our plants. The cherry tomato clusters are flowering and also the early girls. Boy we are going to have a bunch this year.

My knee is doing well. Still having PT coming by 3 x's a week. The staples will be removed on Wed. I'm excited to have them out so I can get more movement. The scale was sweet to me this morning. It just shows how important exercise is to help the metabolism wake up and burn that fat. Ha!

Time for my morning pills. Hope G's cough subsides Doris. You know Disneyland is my favorite place. Hahaha!

Mary what fun being a teaching chef to your little friend. She is really lucky to have you there to teach her the basics.

Just finished my egg mixture of 2 eggs and leftover broccoli. Now it's time for a second cup of coffee.

Have a lovely day to all.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Iolani
Stats: 205/182/125 5'2"
WOE: Low Carb/Gluten Free
Start Date: 4.19.14
Hello to all!

Wishing safe travels, speedy recoveries, and food freedom and peace to all.

Janis, I had a rough time last night as well. Nothing satisfied. I mottled through with nuts and cheese, but was damned irritable about it.

Also, I had to jerk my own ponytail a bit this morning when I got all pissy because the scale hasn't moved in a few days. I seriously need to calm down and get the focus off of myself and back on others where it belongs. Of course it's good to take care of yourself, but for me, I know things are getting out of whack when I start weighing myself more than once per week.

When I first found the courage to try this again, I was motivated by the need to feel better, to BE better for my family who really needs my right now. We've been through hell - my husband has a frightening cluster of serious medical issues, my daughter has had years of serious mental illness, and now we have this precious new life depending on us all. Screw the scale, the people who depend on me deserve for me to try to be as healthy and positive as I can be.
Iolani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iolani View Post
Hello to all!

Wishing safe travels, speedy recoveries, and food freedom and peace to all.

Janis, I had a rough time last night as well. Nothing satisfied. I mottled through with nuts and cheese, but was damned irritable about it.

Also, I had to jerk my own ponytail a bit this morning when I got all pissy because the scale hasn't moved in a few days. I seriously need to calm down and get the focus off of myself and back on others where it belongs. Of course it's good to take care of yourself, but for me, I know things are getting out of whack when I start weighing myself more than once per week.

When I first found the courage to try this again, I was motivated by the need to feel better, to BE better for my family who really needs my right now. We've been through hell - my husband has a frightening cluster of serious medical issues, my daughter has had years of serious mental illness, and now we have this precious new life depending on us all. Screw the scale, the people who depend on me deserve for me to try to be as healthy and positive as I can be.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:49 PM   #13

Sharon, I'm so happy that you are progressing so well. Your garden sounds great, too!

Mary, we saw that wooden bridge as we drove under it, and then saw the fire on the news this morning, dang!!!!

Janis and Sherry, the road to some kind of better health is never just straight and narrow, there are always going to be exits with better scenery calling to us. That's just the way it is, that is why we commiserate with each other here, and on other boards just like it. Take each day as it comes and no magic pills or drinks will change it. And don't starve yourself, no matter what you hear from tv shows or magazine articles. Been there and done that several times.

Susan, how is your son feeling today, is he able to hit the road again?

dh is sleeping now, we had to call the House Call doctor, to come and give him antibiotics and prednisone, he got so sick, he has been having that cough and now he admits he has not felt well since Saturday. The dust during the trip didn't help. I am bringing him drinks and later on will go pick up some meal for dinner in here. He told me to go to Disneyland myself, I may do that just to walk around for awhile tomorrow. dh barely walked ever so slowly to breakfast, and then took the monorail into the park, only to feel sick, and we had to walk back to the monorail, get back close to the hotel, and the travel agency lady called for a valet to bring a golf cart to ferry us back to the hotel. Then proceeded to call the nurse for the hotel, and she recommended the house call doctor or going to urgent care. dh by then was to sick to care, so I called the doctor, she came within the hour. So that is that. He is supposed to rest here tomorrow, too. And so it goes.........we did have trip insurance, though.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 05-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #14

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Doris, Oh I am so sorry to hear that G is not feeling well. Sounds the same thing DS has. Glad you got the dr there and a script. Good that you had trip insurance, is that needed for each State? Hope that things go smoothly and that he can perhaps make it with you in a day or so.

Sharon, Glad to hear that you are recovering so well. WYGG! High Fives!
Keep up the good work.

Sherry and Janis, Yes, let's do this so we feel better. Health is the name of the game.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:38 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/155/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hello again, all...glad to be back in the house and resting a bit...had another coughing spell which set me on my heels. It's cloudy and cool (60 degrees with a bit of a wind) as this front is moving through...showers and even snow in the mountains around L.A., but as Sharon said, we'll be back in the 90's before you know it.

Well, the cooking student isn't as bad as she thinks it is....she lives with her mother and a couple of sisters in houses around their's as well. I think mom just doesn't teach her kids how to cook, or maybe the girls just don't have the interest to learn. I took the makings for tacos and she prepared it all, meat and pico de gallo and it turned out pretty good.

More importantly I learned she has no food issues (allergies, etc) and eats a wide variety of foods. I got a handle on what she expects to learn as well. I also learned that her home is equipped with all the things we'll need to carry on. I was concerned she was a college student who lived in an apartment with absolutely nothing but a microwave in the kitchen. I enjoyed myself and she seemed to as well. Next week we'll work on peach cobbler. (I have a killer recipe...not low carb, fershure, but quite a delicacy...if you like cobblers)

Doris, so sorry to hear G is having a bad time with the bugs...sure hope he recovers quickly. What a bummer to plan such a trip and then not be able to enjoy it. Enjoy as much as you can, and take lots of pictures for Silas.

Sheila...I hope the shift change doesn't upset your woe too much...do you change schedules frequently? Our tech's used to rotate shifts every three months so no one was "stuck" with the graveyard shift forever...our staff did not rotate, we stayed on the shift thru thick and thin. Keep on keeping on and I know the pounds will continue to drop.

I'm really affected by pressure systems and I can tell the "low" is moving through...I can hardly keep my eyes open but I'll struggle to stay awake until close to bedtime, anyway. Sending hugs to all and healing vibes to all who need them...catch ya tomorrow.

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:51 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Doris, so sorry G is so ill. Are you going to continue on your trip when he is recovered?

Janis and Sherry, I was having a night like that last night, too. I wonder if we all have the same astrological sign.
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote