LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RyeBaby
Stats: 208/194/160
WOE: LCHF
Hi From Sunny California

Hi from sunny southern California!!
Can I say that? Is the long, awful winter finally over?

I will be 65 in a few months and will have surpassed the age my mother was when she died of a heart attack. That seems so young to me now. I love life and I want to stick around for a while! And I have a DH and want him to stick around, too!

Which is why I'm here. I am healthy (thank god) and fairly active for my age--I walk and play golf--but I weigh way too much and I'm tired of being unable to find cute clothes to fit (I'm between 18 and 1X--no man's land) and dressing like a frump. I am fed up with being the fattest woman in the room. I don't want to be that girl.

I am easing into the diet this time. I read Wheat Belly and it knocked some sense into me, so I cut out wheat and gluten. Okay, that was easy, so I decided to take it to the next level. Next to go are oats and rice. Unconventional perhaps, but I get hypoglycemic and a massive headache when I cut carbs drastically (I have way too much experience at this) and have to quit after a week or two. Maybe "stepping into it" is the right approach, especially at my age.

I am very happy to make your acquaintence(s). I'm also a quilter, so a big shoutout to all the quiltin' grandmas out there!

Ry
RyeBaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2014, 09:11 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Welcome, Ry...from another SoCal gal. I, too, am way past the age my mother passed away and hoping to make it into my 80's. Long way to go for that, tho', so we'll see what we'll see.

Not a quilter, tho' I've sewn more than my share. My mother and aunt were both quilters. Momma's was the heavy-duty kind meant to stand up to two boys and a girl, with lots of family dropping in out of the blue; thus, lots of pallets. My aunt's were more the traditional ones. In fact, she had told us she had quilts for each of us, all we had to do was visit to pick 'em up. I did and loved mine for years (it had been made in 1931) and later she gave me one she had patched with all silk pieces. I gave those to my nieces a few years ago, along with my mother's silver...wanted to make sure they stayed with the family.

Anyway, welcome again....hope you stick around long enough to get to know us, and we you....we are an eclectic bunch and each follows his/her own woe...although most restric carbs in one way or another. Sounds like you have a plan that's working for you...sometimes that's all it takes. We have a daily thread and menu and exercise threads that help to keep us on track...be sure to check them out.

Good luck and wish you the best...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:51 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RyeBaby
Stats: 208/194/160
WOE: LCHF
Thank you so much Mary. I look forward to getting to know you [all].

Ry
RyeBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:55 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/121/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
HI Rye baby. Paducah, Ky near here has just finished their annual quilt show. I used to quilt but now I just crochet.

Welcome aboard. Please join in our daily menu and exercise threads.

Be patient with your weight loss as you make some life changes to your eating patterns.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote