LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 07:30 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY'S ROLL CALL, April 30

Everyone, wishing you ALL well, or better than you were, etc. So many of each and every board I'm on have health problems, serious, or annoying, or bugging the heck out of them. Praying for some relief at least for ALL.

Off to bed and some magazine reading for this old gal.......

See you Wednesday morning.
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2014, 05:50 AM   #2

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Back Linda,
My goodness I have never heard of that reaction to antibiotics.
I sure hope that you are recovering well now that you are home.

Doris, seems health problems come with our rising age. On the whole I think we are lucky to be in a day and age where we can get good health care to help fix what ails us.

Another busy day ahead with DS hopefully he can get on his way later this aft, if not, it will be tomorrow morning early start.

Hope to BBL...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:05 AM   #3

Yes, Susan, just think how many years we have been on here, lol, and I've been on several other boards for longer than this one, mostly Senior folks, only one board has people of all ages on it. It's our "time of life", I guess.
Hope your son can get away when he needs to ok.

It's very windy but blue, clear skies today. Was 49 degrees this AM, cool for here, going to hit 72, but be in the 90's by the weekend.

Later, gotta get chores done. Waving to everyone!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:43 AM   #4

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Hi everybody,

Susan, Do a google search and you will see the side effects from that antibiotic. Nasty!!

Yeah Doris, none of us are getting any younger and many of us are getting various illnesses.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:49 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all. Tis a glorious day...I'm making it a routine when I get up to immediately go outside with the tail waggers (still hoping Bella will get the idea to go outside. yep, she's still leaving me wee gifties. Not everyday, but too frequently to say she housebroken...not finding any wet spots, so maybe she's learned that lesson.,,sigh!) No it's about 80 degrees, climbing into the three digits today. Winds blowing and are supposed to be building.

Will be going to the family history center today and hoping we'll have some investigators come in. Will be working on the digital library for sure as I've a couple of new ones to log in. And working on my history, too. Monday I discovered someone else was working in my Isley line and added the last name to one of my greats and that may open up another line or two. I'm excited.

Feeling a bit better, so maybe the meds are (have done) their magic...anyway, will type ya later. Hope everyone else is feeling better and sending the good vibrations to help.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:51 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Iolani
Stats: 205/182/125 5'2"
WOE: Low Carb/Gluten Free
Start Date: 4.19.14
Good morning guys. After rain and bad weather, today is just GLISTENING...sunny and beautiful.

Unfortunately I've got the galloping crud as my grandmother called it. First my grandson had it, then my daughter, then my husband, and now it's my turn. That nixes my aggressive workout plan for the week. Looks like I'll just stick to yard work, tennis, and easy going walks with "the tail wagger" - love that Mary.

My main goal right now is to just avoid a food freak out - I'm especially vulnerable when I'm sick.

Scale was down another 3 pounds this am...whooooooohoooo. That's 6 pounds in 11 days - goodbye inflammation! This morning as I walked down the deck stairs, I turned sideways and held on out of habit, but found that wasn't necessary at all as my knees were almost totally pain free!

Have a great day everyone!
Iolani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:02 AM   #7

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Which one Linda?

I did read a while back about some AB's causing more strokes and heart attacks so they were 'of the thinking' to go back to amoxicillin as the first line of defence.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:10 AM   #8

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Here you go, Susan. Fortunately it doesn't bother everyone, but knocked me on my butt.
Side Effects of Levaquin (Levofloxacin) Drug Center - RxList
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:28 AM   #9

Oh my, my dh was on that one before, about 2 years or so ago though, also for a cough that turned into pneumonia. I remember he didn't feel good, but not because of tendons. Good grief!

Have to write it down so I keep it where I can see it, since dh can't remember the meds he takes now, as it is.

Hi Iola, no fun to be sick, hope it isn't food poisoning. Yes, losing the water weight does make you feel a lot better .

Mary, hope you don't work too hard at the center, but maybe it will also make the day go by faster. Interesting to be there, too.

dh took the car in for oil change, and then got his haircut, really short and, because of the hair not growing on the side of his head where the radiation treatments killed the roots, the hair person was able to do the same thing to the other side, to "even it up", lol. Now he feels better that it is not so noticeable.

Leftover for dinner tonight.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 04-30-2014, 12:22 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Iolani
Stats: 205/182/125 5'2"
WOE: Low Carb/Gluten Free
Start Date: 4.19.14
Sending prayers for everyone's health issues. Doris, what is dh name?

My crud is just a nasty cold, nothing serious.
Iolani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:07 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dachsie Rescuer
Stats: 232/206/135
Start Date: February 2014
Late To Roll Call

Good Afternoon Folks-
Hang on to your hat but when I exhaled and removed the clip holding my hair up, I had lost 1/2 a pound!! Feeling really good today although Monterey, land of fog and cool temps is having a heat wave - high 80's today!
Other than the usual, my four legged kids are looking for a cool spot in the house and moving as little as possible
Take care everyone!

Janis
Dachsie Rescuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey guys, I'm back and snacking. I did stay busy as we had an investigator in and was able to give him a bit of assistance. I'm snacking now as I was tempted to stop at the fast food place and pick up something...but didn't really like their zucchini strips. I had all the makings, so decided to do it here...a lot better (and low carb) than the fast food place. I'm calling it snacking, but it's really lunch.

Linda, thanks for the info and link...that's what I was taking and, so far, no serious side effects. Now I'm glad they didn't give me a second dose.

Iolani, we, too, call it the crud...not bad enough to go to bed, but don't feel like doing very much. Congrats on the weight loss and you, too, Janis...a half pound is a half pound.

I found a document on one of my forebears today, left the site and when I went back I couldn't find it again....grrrrr! So now going back into it to see if I can find it again....type ya later...hope your day is going well (and the wind won't blow us away here.)
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote