Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   New here! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/829473-new-here.html)

Lindart1 04-29-2014 05:20 AM

New here!

My name is Linda. I just turned 60 in January 2014. I live in Ontario, Canada, with my hubby of 29 years. We have a 27 year old daughter living in the big city of Toronto, and 2 fur babies at home.

In 2007 I was very heavy, almost 300 lbs, and I started Atkins. I was VERY strict, didn't cheat at all until this past Christmas. My weight went to a low of 195 by 2010, when my doctor prescribed a pill to help relieve stress at work, which worked well. What I didn't know was that it can cause weight gain. And I gained about 50 lbs, wondering the whole time why. and getting more and more frustrated.

I went off this pill a month ago which was when I found out that it causes weight gain. In the meantime, I got that "what the heck" attitude at Christmas, and did some binge candy eating. Since then I have stuck to my low-carb habits, except for a small cheat here and there, and I continued my glass of red wine a day habit I had picked up last year. I was also going to the gym a lot when I was working and could afford it, but now I'm retired and really can't afford a gym membership at the moment. I do have a recumbent bike that I am starting to get back to everyday. I have just started getting arthritis in my hands which is very painful at night.

I was browsing through my low-carb books, wanting to re-start my Atkins, but not really looking forward to it, when I found my Carbohydrate Addicts Cookbook. It looked interesting, especially the "Reward Meal" everyday, which is hard for my Atkins head to get a grip on! I ordered the diet book they have for older dieters, and am now waiting for it to come. Everything was a lot easier when I was younger!

I have replaced my red wine with Perrier, and still eating low-carb. My weight is 240, and hopefully will be going down soon!

I am looking forward to getting to know you all!:)

Linda C (I noticed there was another Linda - Hi!:high5:)

mykneesareback 04-29-2014 06:10 AM

Hi Linda C, welcome, please join us in our Daily Roll Call Chit Chat, and you can post your daily menus every day, healthy or not, ;), in our Menu thread, and any exercise you get or don't get in the daily Exercise thread, the Menu and Exercise threads run for a whole week, just post every day. Not too many post there, because the thrill is gone, but join us, if you have time. Our Susan on here comes from the area of Canada that you live in!!!

Please post on the regular threads, so we will be sure to read ;) :laugh:

Mssarge 04-29-2014 11:16 AM

Hey Linda C...welcome. Hope you stick around long enough for us to get to know you and you, us.

vessel of prayer 05-13-2014 04:53 PM

Hi Linda C

Nice to meet you. Hope you join us!

RyeBaby 05-14-2014 09:49 AM

Hi Linda! Looking forward to hearing more about you.

birdlady 05-14-2014 10:30 AM

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
We love new people,keep coming back.

LoveMontana 05-15-2014 03:43 PM

Hi Linda and welcome from the other Linda.;)

Best of luck on your journey.

mykneesareback 05-15-2014 05:39 PM

It's been awhile, hope you find your way back..............;)