LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
TUESDAY'S Roll CALL, April 29

Seems as though several of us can actually get outside and move around and enjoy the nicer weather for a change............except those who live where the rain just won't stop. Sorry for those nasty tornado storms pushing through, dang!

Hugs to those of us still struggling with health problems, sicknesses and treatments that are not pleasant. Hang in there, friends, including Linda.

See you ALL on Tuesday morning. Time to go to bed and read my magazine.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2014, 12:08 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Checking in tonight at oh-dark-thirty as I'm on my way to bed. Went to the VA to pick up the missing antibiotic (clinic cleared it for me) and decided I'd go back to ER as I'm no better than last week...seven hours later...and another chest x-ray,,,nothing else they can do for me. So here I am crawling into bed with another day missing....sigh!

catch y'all manana...well, today as it is...
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:59 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Good morning all-

Have been sidelined with some vicious pain the last couple of days plus insomnia so I've been laying low. (Verleen, I have ovarian cancer stage 4. Glad to see you back!).

Mary, I've been thinking about your expression "oh dark thirty." Where does it come from? Very apt.

Glad to hear that Sharon's surgery went well. It sounds like you'll be raring to go for your August camping trip. Me, I'd take a hotel, but if that's what you want, go for it!

Dh Bob has really gotten into beading with a loom. I'm absolutely amazed. He made himself a hat band (with the name and logo of his band on it) and is thinking about making a bracelet. He turned up his nose at my bead color selections, saying they're "too girly" so we'll need to go to Michael's later to get some more masculine bead colors. He's part Native American and figures bead work is part of his heritage but refuses to learn to knit or crochet.

Has anyone ever made soap as a hobby? I'm thinking about trying it. There are ready made soaps where you just add color and scent and pour into a mold you like - very easy and no messing with serious chemicals.

I surround myself with hobbies as therapy and diversion. Next up in the jewelry department is some wirework jewelry made of hammered 20-gauge wire in Celtic designs. I'm eagerly watching the mail for my next shipment of supplies.

Not too much else to report. I've become a fan of Campbell's Slow-Cooker sauces. Fairly low carb, very tasty and super easy for those days when you just don't feel up to cooking. I'm not affiliated in any way - just wanted to say they're worth trying if you run across them at the grocery.

Have a good one everybody.

-Louise
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:18 AM   #4

Hi Louise, I'm sorry you are having so much pain again, wish they could give you something to ease it, and allow you to sleep and rest more comfortably. You sure have a lot of hobbies, I would feel stress from doing that, since I don't have any artsy talent at all Happy that you are enjoying all that you do. ((hugs))

Mary, what did all those blood tests they took last week tell the doctor about what might be ailing you? Goodness, you have been down and out for too long. ((hugs)) to you, too.

Sharon, hoping you are faring better, getting the therapy going, and so forth!

Verleen, don't forget to find your email address, lol.

Begete, how soon do all those visitors show up at your place?

Waving quickly at everyone else, have to cut my zucchini up and fix my breakfast Need to go to Wal Mart, son says I need some kind of charger for the phone that can be used in the car, I never even thought about it.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:59 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning
Kind of overcast this day so don't know if rain is coming,never pay attention to weather forecast so it's always a surprise.
Sorry you are having a bad spell Louise.
Stress would be if I was doing what Begete is doing,but it will never happen here.lol But taking care of my animals would be stressful to some.It's that drum thing.
Mary,hope you are feeling better,stay away from Doctors they just make you sicker.
BBL,washing machine is singing it's I'm finish song.
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:34 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all. Up and moving but not moving too quickly. It was a long night of tossing and turning as I couldn't get comfortable. Oh well, wasn't the first and won't be the last. Just not up to getting out, so no Spanish class for me this morning...

Louise, The "oh-dark-thirty" is kind of ubiquitous in the military as we're up at all hours o the day and night; talk about days of going without too much, or any, sleep. Also, I did try my hand at making soap, oh-so-many years ago, in part of my hippie days. At that time (and probably still, I just haven't checked it out) you could get bars of pure Castile soap, the scents, molds, etc. and I used to make little soaps in the form of seashells to give as gifts. I still have a couple in my bowl of shells in the bathroom. I also loved making lotions...I love the basic recipe I picked up somewhere....small jar of Vaseline, small cocoa butter, and a large bottle of baby lotion; melt the heavier stuff in the microwave, add the lotion and whip it up. Then you can add what essential oils and put into small containers. Makes a good basket with the soaps, too. Love what you're doing with the beads, too. I saw some of the beaded work at the museum in Santa Barbara and am itching to try my had at them.

Gladys, I agree...should try to stay away from the voodoo and trying for the apple a day to see if it works.

I know part of my sleeplessness last night was a very empty tummy...no lunch or dinner, sitting in the ER all afternoon. Then can't eat anything before going to bed...always give myself at least three, preferably four, hours due to the GERD. However, one of the sister missionaries gave me some cookies she'd made, so that was still in my purse and I nibbled on them...very good and full of oats, so I did get something in the tummy. Will probably make up for it today.

So now the problem is...nothing planned for today, so may get into whatever trouble comes my way....take care folks, and I'll type ya later (we're expecting temps in the 100's so may (will) stay close to home...hugs to all.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:25 AM   #7

Seems our ages are catching up with us on here, so many of us are not doing well, or just trying to mend again, and it's happening on every Senior board that I post on, too...........Golden Years, my BUTT !!!!

Spent a long while on the phone with the bank, just trying to get our cards registered on their travel plan list, so the cards won't be suddenly stopped because of lots of extra use...........this has happened to us before, so trying to get ahead of their game. But it was like we were going to Russia or something, couldn't believe all the information they needed..........gee whiz! dh had to talk on the phone, they wouldn't take info from me, and he let them have it with both barrels.

Hope none of us has to deal with those awful tornadac storms moving around the south east now. Always something with the weather.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:29 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Hi everyone. The garden tour was a great success.

My neighbor's garden is truly exceptional and mine is OK.

Weezie - so sorry you are having severe pain again. You sure do have a positive mental attitude, though :-)

Off to recycling.....Have a great rest of the day.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:06 PM   #9

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Hi ALL,

Glad to see your post Louise!

Sorry to hear of the pain. What are you taking for that? Got a good script?
I sure hope so.

Yes, Mary, do tell about O dark 30...an interesting expression.

Went out with DS this aft to get his errands done while he was up here.
Got my car gassed up and thru the car wash so that feels good. He plans to leave tomorrow on his drive all being well.

Wishing All a relaxing evening and hope to check back tomorrow...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:18 PM   #10

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Hi gang,

Great to hear from Louise and am so sorry you are in such severe pain again.

Susan, good to see you home safe and sound.\
Safe trip back home to your son.

Babette, nice to hear your garden tour went well.

Doris, Oh yes a cell phone charger is the best for using in the car. Just plug it into the "former" cigarette lighter or the USP port that are in most vehicles these days.

Gladys, LOL you are so right. Most Doctors make you sicker. I don't have much use for them at all, but on occasion they are a necessary evil.

Mary, be very careful of the antibiotics. They can have some nasty side effects.

Hope you feel better soon.

Just got home after spending two days in the Hospital for some bad side effects brought on by antibiotics given to me to fight an allergy induced chest infection. They thought my Achilles tendons ruptured ( a wonderful little side effect )
As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List "Somewhere right now, some lucky ******* is having a heart attack.".
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:03 PM   #11

Linda, are you able to walk normally now? That must hurt like a son of a female dog!!!