LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2014, 07:55 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAY'S ROLL CALL, April 25

OK, Verleen, that old email address does not work for sure. Would Cathy know what your email address is, perhaps? Be sure if you call TW, to get and write down your code for your router, I was lucky that my son remembered mine, lol.

Had another busy day with Silas, but his speech is improving, he is making sentences up now.......it's hard dealing with autism, I had never been around anyone that had it before.

Mary, hope your antibiotics work fine, but my dh always had to have 2 rounds of any antibiotic, just to be one the safe side, since he has no immune system due to his meds. Better safe than sorry. Are they expensive?

I'm going to head for bed and some reading on my magazines, I have a Reminisce I didn't even know arrived.

Hugs to everyone, sick or mending or just feeling tired, or puttering around!

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2014, 08:04 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Doris, There's an organization in the Dallas area that may be able to provide your family with information about autism and support too - check it out - Educating and empowering families of children newly diagnosed with Autism | White Rock Autism.

Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:13 PM   #3

Thank You, Michele, my daughter in law is working with an organization already, and Silas has been going to a Montissori School already. He gets evaluated every 3 months, and will go to a smaller school in July. I will tell my daughter in law about this organization, because I don't know the name of which one she works with now................... Thank you for the info, though.

See you all in the morning!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:20 PM   #4

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Running in to say hi to everyone.

Doris, yes autistic kids are quite a challenge to deal with, but with patience and good care, they generally turn out fine.

Hope you enjoy your read. I'm heading off to the land of nod too, but only will sleep.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Hi everyone,

Stomach is back to normal and spent today grocery shopping and working in garden.

Doris, I did not realize Silas was autistic. For the first year after college, before he headed to LA, Gabe worked with autistic children. If you have any specific questions, I can ask.

Tomorrow, I work with garden club setting up for our annual plant sale. Saturday I work at the plant sale. We have parties to go to both tomorrow and Saturday nights, but I think after being in bed all week, we will skip the one tomorrow.

I really miss Lainey. We have to do something for her.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:09 AM   #6

Got up late today, didn't plan it that way, but dh watched ice hockey until 12:30 last night, playoffs...........important to him . Been going on for 2 weeks already, and one bad thing about central time zone.

Hoping Sharon's surgery went smoothly, probably has pain, but it will improve in time, at least, and she can walk safely and longer to enjoy her outdoor life!

Just sprayed the hummingbird feeder with cooking spray, bees galore!!

Have a good day, gotta get busy emptying boxes again, still looking for my 1957 Betty Crocker cookbook and my sewing box, for heaven's sakes!
Old 04-25-2014, 09:05 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Hi all

Got home from my trip to Michigan last Saturday afternoon. Cold and snowy.
Met with all of my brothers and sisters plus spouses. Lots of chatting and eating.

My sister is home and taking chemo once weekly. She has already had radiation treatment to reduce the tumors. There is no chance for a cure but the doctors hope they can put the cancer in remission. She has no pain and is in really good spirits, thankfully.

Doug
Doug_H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:17 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...woke at four o'clock as has been usual for me the last few days, but this time I stayed in bed where it was a warm nest...and finally dozed off again. Although it was a restless sleep, I prevailed. Busy day, but I'm taking it slowly...Nadine's coming up to clean a bit, then the sister missionaries for dinner tonight. They tried to beg off when they heard of the pneumonia, but the way I look at it is...I've been going so why stop? Should also hear about results from the blood tests...if they have anything to report which will probably mean I'll hear nothing....sigh! (My, what a run-on paragraph...well, it's what's happening today.)

Doris, never heard of using cooking spray on the feeders against bees...what does it do?

We've another front moving through today/tomorrow and they're forecasting another 10-16 inches of snow at Mammoth...and a chance of sprinkles for us. So, I guess y'all will be getting something later this week. Gotta love SoCal weather...80-degree temps, followed by the 60's, and ending the week with 90-degree temps.

Have a great day folks...don't know if I'll BBL but I'll type ya when I can.

p.s. Doug, posting at same time...glad you survived our airways and are safely back home just in time for our next wave...should be having winds. Also glad your sis is doing as well as can be Just a thought, do you fly out of Kingman, or Vegas? Never thought of air-access from your neck of the woods.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 04-25-2014 at 09:20 AM.. Reason: add p.s.
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:30 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Mary, we fly out of Vegas.
We have a beautiful airport but no commercial service yet.
Doug_H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:43 AM   #10

Doug, I'm glad to read that your sister is doing as well as can be expected, and it's wonderful that you spent time there, and also saw all of your siblings, too........not sure if you like the cold weather though!

Mary, take it easy, or a bit "easier", let's just say. The spray keeps yellow jackets away, used it for years up in the mountains. Those type of insects don't like to get the oil on their wings, then they can't fly anymore, can't wash it off. Keeps ants out of the thing, too.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #11

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Doug happy that you had safe travels and a good family visit. Hope your sister is able to continue to be pain free and in good spirits.

I need to visit with my oldest brother who has renal failure and is on dialysis and also has alzheimers and lives alone. I plan to do that in a few weeks.

Doris you and the family are in my thoughts and prayers for Silas. Hopefully with medication and love he will do just fine.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Hi folks. I'll call TW and try to find out what my email addy is.

I seem to have a stomach bug, so feeling poorly. Hopefully it will be gone tomorrow. Take care everyone.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote