LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 08:29 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
THURSDAY's ROLL CALL, April 24

Keeping fingers crossed for Sharon on Thursday.

Begete, hope you are able to sleep through the night, no stomach pains.

Louise, how are you doing?

Verleen, hope you can get your needed rest.

Mary, Linda, hoping things are improving with your health issues.

See you on Thursday morning, want to get up earlier to go to Wal Mart and get bird seed bags, lol.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2014, 06:10 AM   #2

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Another sunny day down here the lake is so still and peaceful again. I am sure going to miss this.

Lots of Positive thoughts for Sharon today.

Mary, Hope you had a good nights rest.

Babette, How's the tummy today?

Janis, Excellent loss! Well done!
How many doxies do you have? I just have the one now.
He is with me in Florida, we fly home on Saturday.

Waving to All, hope to check back in later...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:13 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Verleen, I am so happy to read your post! Please take care of yourself, we all missed you so much.
Let the rest of your family take care of the Xmas decorations. Get yourself strong!

Susan, have a safe trip home.

Hi to everyone else...too lazy to name names.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:26 AM   #4

Holding good thoughts for Everyone!

Off to Wal Mart, don't have a drop of milk in the house, and grandson is coming later on. Need some kind of meat for dinner, that everyone will appreciate

Cloudy, gray day, windy and a bit showery, big hoot owl woke us up, and then the Mockingbirds were next........

Hi Julie, I'm enjoying your family photos!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:17 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dachsie Rescuer
Stats: 232/206/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2014
Susan- I am down to three right now. They are all 13-14 years old and unadoptable. Vinny has biting issues and came into rescue 9 years ago, Pandy is an EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency) and came into rescue 7 years ago. Arthur is my newest pack member and he was in the local shelter for months due to age. I adopted him 3 years ago. I've been in rescue since I was 22....seems like just yesterday!!

I believe I've lost and regained those 2 pounds 864 times now!!

Everyone, have a wonderful day

Janis and her pack of low riding ankle biters
Dachsie Rescuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:41 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning.

My stomach started feeling better last night and I ate an actual meal...made low carb eggs foo yung. House smalls like an Asian restaurant and I regain 1/2 pound!

Thanx for asking.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Hi everyone! Thank you for your welcome back posts yesterday. You made me feel so warm and happy.

I think I have an email address but don't know what it is. Give me some time to call TW and track it down. When we moved here, it was during a period when I wasn't mentally all there. I was suffering from malnourishment and dehydration. That has been resolved. So, things I did and said are lost to me now. But I will get it all straightened out.

I'm sorry to hear so many of you are doing poorly.

Doris, I didn't suffer that much from the pain. The two hospitals I was in gave me morphine. My shoulder still gives me grief; more than the hip. The docs said the shoulder would take a long time to heal. I'm still taking morphine for it, so its manageable. It's so cold in here. Time to turn the heat up.

It feels so good to be back!

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:40 AM   #8

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Doris, Hope you managed to pick up the milk and meat so all will be calm for the day. Too bad the birds woke you. Better put a scare crow in the garden.

Ouch Babette, what spices did you use? sodium? could be just water gain.

Janis,
God Bless You for rescuing the oldies. They need loving patience in their Senior years, just as we do.
I think I mentioned that my old guy is 15 years young and takes his sweet time on his walkies. Ha! I soften his kibble food and cook chicken and fish that he can easily swallow as he only has 4 teeth.
The dental vet extracted most of them last year. Lots of $$$$s but it has given him a new lease on life. His face is pretty white now, he was originally a red. He is red n silver now. Ha!
Hang in there a bit longer and the pounds will certainly start to come off.
I am slowly back at it to get the iron monster to move downwards.
Summer is not that far away. We have just enough time!

Thanks Julie, a 3-hour direct flight and if I can find a decent movie to occupy me that will pass quickly. DS is flying with me to help with the pup carry on, so I am happy about that. He will stay a week and then turn around to drive one of the cars down. So next Winter I may have a car to get around for our lunch date.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:29 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...no Spanish class for me this morning as I was uup and abuut at four for over an hour and then slept in. Either the nap yesterday or just my morning clogs made me wake up; oh well, no nap today come what may. Don't know if the antibiotics are doing their job either, but it's only been a couple of days so we'll see what we'll see soon. So not much on tap for me today except make a run to the marketo for milk...not a drop in the house here either, Doris...but no little ones coming either.

Just sitting here like a lump and can't think of anything to say...will be back later...

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:23 PM   #10

I'm sitting like a lump, too, just now, Mary. Trying to figure out what kind of ink to order for this printer the kids got me at Christmas, lol. Good thing our son is coming this evening.

Verleen, I hope TW can help you to figure out your email address and codes and stuff, I had trouble with them when we moved here and I just wanted the internet from them, period. They had issues with that. Plus the lack of English speaking techs. So, you are on morphine, to help you get through the day. And not dehydrated anymore, that was a big problem for you, and makes such a difference. How are the members of your animal kingdom doing?

Susan, what a good idea to have your son drive a car down there! Should work well, and your son flying back home with you will help ease the end of the vacation along....and taking care of the your canine companion.

Begete, so that bug is out of your life, finally. Try not to live and die by the numbers on your scale, it just causes you heartburn, and has for years. How is your husband doing, did he stay away from that bug?

Janis, so you are one of those gals that provides assistant living for the senior pups, that is a difficult thing to do. My neighbor when we lived in Calif. did that, it was sort of sad for her, but she lived alone and had a quiet personality so the animals were comforted living there. You have a heart of gold!!

We went to Wal Mart, walked all over the joint, and dh went to the garden center to get bird seed, and, no surprise, bought another plant! This time, a Japanese Maple tree, always wanted one, and could never grow one up in the mountains. Already planted and watered, given a name, etc.

I've been emptying some moving boxes, found linens from my mother, 1950's, 1960's, 1970's style linens. Some still in their packages. Getting another donation bag worked on. Found some of son's baseball and football and basketball card collection. We won't be storing that anymore, lol.

Off to finish some work on here, take care of yourselves.

Loretta, how old is Adam now?

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 04-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
ok, here it is, according to my husband.

rstandis@nycap.rr.com
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #12

Verleen, I think that is the one some of us tried, and it came back to us as a failure. I'll try it again right now,

It is so windy all of a sudden, and the weather dudes threaten big storms here this Sunday, what the heck??

OK, Verleen, I tried that one and it returned to me as a FAILURE............so not sure if it's me or something else going on.

Last edited by mykneesareback; 04-24-2014 at 01:39 PM..
Old 04-24-2014, 04:27 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
I'm baaaaack and a little less lumpy as I finally had something to eat. I guess I should have realized something was worsening when I started losing the appetite. Still don't know if I agree with the diagnosis of pneumonia and not feeling any better, still with the huffy-puffies, but we'll see after the course of antibiotics. Although while I've been reading up on pneumonia and it looks as tho' sometimes one round of antibiotics isn't enough...sigh!

Sharon, sending lots of healing thoughts for the surgery today...hope everything goes well and you're back in the groove soon.

Doris, happy for the Japanese Maple...it's nice when you get something you've always wanted; may it grow strong and prosper.

Susan, safe trip back home and will be looking forward to your comments about your homestead.

Janis, Welcome from another doxie lover; I've had mine for about six years or so. I never knew how intelligent they were and I admire anyone who rescues animals.

Verleen, so good to see you posting again. We missed you a lot.

kinda like we're missing Lainey. Sure hope she get access soon...Our senior center and library both have computer access, so I hope she discovers it soon.

Babette, hope the garden's grow well and you're feeling much better.

I hope I have the energy for tomorrow; Nadine's coming up to straighten the house before the sister missionaries get here for a lesson and dinner. Dinner, fershure, is going to be a simply jambalaya; when I ran out for milk, I picked up some shrimps for it. Already have the sausage and I'm transforming the Spanish rice from Monday into the Cajun dish...hope it works well. Also picked up a few oranges for the vitamin C for me...

Hope you all had a great day and good things came your way....type ya later. (still haven't thought about supper...food isn't appealing....sigh!)
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:26 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Verleen, I just tried that email address and got message it did not exist.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:27 PM   #15

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Hi gang, pooped here. This getting old is not much fun.

Verleen, so good to see you posting. Just shot off an email so we will see if it works.

Well it didn't. Just got a notice.

Today at 10:26 PM

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<rstandis@nycap.rr.com>:
Remote host said: 550 Invalid mailbox: rstandis@nycap.rr.com [RCPT_TO]

Last edited by LoveMontana; 04-24-2014 at 08:30 PM..
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote