LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
TUESDAY'S ROLL CALL, April 22

Let's get our show on the bandwagon, lol. Now THAT saying shows how old I am for sure.

Hoping Begete feels better tomorrow, a stomach bug is misery in action.
Louise, how are you doing?
Sharon, is everything still "on" for your surgery Thursday?

I'll see you guys on Tuesday morning, I need to get some "shut eye"
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Hi everybody,

Babette, hope you are over that bug. UGH, those are miserable.

Hi Louise and Sharon.

Doris, I'll be joining you for some shut eye in about 10 minutes. Brushing teeth comes first.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:45 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Hi all, apparently about half the island has the same bug. Starting to feel a little better. Thank you.

Anyone have a good recipe for leftover baked ham that isn't quiche or ham with cauliflower and cheese?
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:15 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning y'all, not so busy day for me, so thinking of relaxing and simply studying again. Spanish class, then home again, home again.

Babette, hope you're feeling better...and all our ailing friends, too.
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:22 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dachsie Rescuer
Stats: 232/206/135
Start Date: February 2014
Good Morning -- Newbie to the Group Here

Hello Everyone-
This must be the place for me -- Age 58, definitely the golden years. I am on Atkins for probably the 5th time but maybe that's the charm. I lived the Atkins way for quite a few years and was healthy, happy and energized. I fell off the wagon so to speak 4 years ago and the weight found its way back to me...pooh.
Janis
Dachsie Rescuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:05 AM   #6

Howdy, Dachsie, you fit right in, at this point, no reason to even count the restarts anymore, that is the way it goes. Grin and bare it, switch plans, some plan might kick in and work, so stick with that for awhile. Are you able to exercise, that does make a difference, at least with some kind of maintenance..........Please join our daily Roll Call, and we have daily Menu and Exercise threads, we post every day, those of us that choose to. Do the best you can, and we will commiserate with you, or do nothing and just come and yak, that works, also. My dh and I love the Monterey area, we used to go there for our anniversary a lot. We moved to Texas last July from northern Calif. Remember to come back.....

Begete, wonder which kind of bug that is, the one that was hitting the northeast for several months, there seems to be a pattern of it. Hope you get your old vim and vigor in soon.

Linda, did you get a good nights rest, or is that med still making issues for you?

Mary, you are sure busy, and how is that Spanish class coming along? Is it a large class, many people, or not so many, and, do you have HOMEWORK?? That would be hard to get used to again, lol.

I need some breakfast, have the cauliflower ready to go, need to cut up the ham leftover from last week, toss in the egg substitute and garlic, and it's done. Only had a tiny ham last week, not from Easter.

When we have more leftover ham, I just slice some pieces off and warm up in a pan or fry it, make your usual sides. Add some broth to warm if you don't want fat. Or toss with noodles and sauce or potatoes and sauce, quickly, broth for flavor or cheese pieces to melt with it. Simple and fast.

See yah later on, staying home today for a change.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!

Last edited by mykneesareback; 04-22-2014 at 07:16 AM..
Old 04-22-2014, 08:51 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykneesareback View Post
Let's get our show on the bandwagon, lol.
Sharon, is everything still "on" for your surgery Thursday?

I'll see you guys on Tuesday morning, I need to get some "shut eye"
It sure is Doris. I have to say this has been quite an adventure. Today starts the antibacterial showers daily and Thurs at 10:00 I'll be at the hospital. Surgery is at 11:00.

The goal is to get my knee to bend to 90 degrees before I come home.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:05 AM   #8

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Janis, Dachsie. Glad to have you join us. We are a friendly bunch.
I have owned two doxies, my present one is 15 years old. He is still keeping well. Mary has had a couple too, so you are in good company here.
We are all doing some form of LC here, some do calorie counting and some do various combinations. Join in.

Hi to All, on my last few days here in Florida. I did put a few items in my suitcase so I guess I am on my way home now.
The lake is so still, like a mirror this morning, the sun is bright and it is warming up after a couple of cooler days. I am going to miss the peace of just sitting out there. I only have the bike path at the rear of my house. Ha!

Babette, hope that tummy bug leaves you soon. Only thing I can think of is Ham steaks n Eggs for breakie to use up that ham.
Thanks again for the gardening tips. Can't wait to get back to my little gardening project.

Linda, You still have your own teeth??? They don't come out at night? Hope you can discontinue that med soon to give your insides a rest. Which med did you settle with?

Sharon, Good thoughts for Thursday for YOU.
Is it still 2-3 days? so much is being done by day surgery today.

Waving to Louise, waiting to see what the next project will be. Did the snow thaw from your sun room view yet?

Doris, Love the pic of Silas in your new Avi. Can't believe he has got so big. I guess it is all those Texas steaks and Love.

I had better get out some more to enjoy the last of this glorious sunshine as I count down now to Saturday.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Susan, It depends on that 90 degree bend. I'll be working hard on that to get home as fast as I can.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:29 AM   #10

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Sharon, my thoughts will be with you on Thursday. Hope it all goes well and the outcome is even better than expected.

Susan enjoy that warmth and fill up on it before you head for home.

Doris, I too have a bit of ham leftover. I enjoy it and the scalloped potatoes.

Be glad when the leftovers are gone.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:40 AM   #11

Sharon, my mother in law says the physical therapists were wonderful in helping her, do as they say, but it's easier said than done. At least you have someone at home, she didn't, and went to a rehab place........she will be 85 on Mother's Day.

Susan, sounds like this visit to Florida was a good mental break, for you. You will be anxious to see your granddaughter and daughter again......do you think they would buy a place down there and could go there more often, too?

Loretta, I like leftover ham better than other kinds of meats, maybe it's the smoky flavor or something. Leftovers will be gone soon enough!
Old 04-22-2014, 12:47 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Today is the first day that I am alone in 10 days. My dd flew back to San Diego yesterday. We had such a nice time in So Carolina but when we got back here, the weather was rainy and cool, so we didn't do most of the things on "the list". The weather today is perfect and I even did a bit of gardening.
Susan, I'm sorry we didn't get together..
I think I'll lie down for a short nap now.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #13

Good to see you posting again, Julie! You have had a great time, and it's nice to see you and your family of facebook, lol!! Hope you had a good nap!!
Old 04-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #14

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Welcome to the newbees Hope you stay around for a long time.

Susan, so sorry your trip is coming to an end. Have a safe trip back home.

Yes, still have all of my own teeth, thankfully. Med is a royal PITA, but many are.

HI ya Julie, missed you but am happy to hear that you and your DD had a good time.

Loretta, happy to hear you enjoyed the leftover ham and even enjoyed some scalloped potatoes. Every so often, we low carb people just have to indulge in something really good.

Sharon, best of luck with your surgery on Thursday. You will do just fine.

Nap attack is hitting.
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List "Somewhere right now, some lucky B*st*rd is having a heart attack"
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:33 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Posted earlier but forgot to punch post.lol
Went riding and got most of my grass cut,will finish tomorrow.DD had my car and her jeep was in the way,didn't want to break her windows.Also have the bayou bank left.Got to get C. to trim a couple of branches so I can pass without bending over.lol
With a ham steak we have just enough for one more meal for me.Once is enough for DH.
Having tuna tonight to use up some of our colored eggs.
Sharon,best of luck with the surgery,I'm sure it will be hard but doable.The puppies will enjoy long walks later.
Louise,how is it going?Verleen if you are out there check in. Begete,how's the tummy?
BBL
Old 04-22-2014, 09:36 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Just got home after a loooooong day in the emergency room...decided I'd better have my hacky cough checked before it got too bad and I wound up in the hospital. Since I can't see my primary until the end of May, that just left the emergency room....six long hours later I picked up my meds and drove home...decided to eat at Denny's so I didn't have to cook and clean up afterwards.

They're treating me for pneumonia after a chest x-ray and a chest-thumping by a couple of folks...sigh! Was wondering it my problems were bronchitis, never thought of pneumonia....oh well, we'll see how it goes after a round of antibiotics...did get some cough syrup so maybe that will help.

Sharon, good luck with the surgery and let us know how it's going....sending those good vibrations to help your healing. And healing thoughts to all who are ailing.

Welcome, newbies...hope you stick around long enough to get to know us and we you...

Doris, the Spanish class is actually quite small but growing...we had 16 people today. The teacher has an English as second language class which follows our class. A few of them are also in the Spanish class getting a second dose as well. Today I was helping a couple of them. Our teacher gives a simple dialogue from a workbook, then a couple paragraphs using the words in the dialogue....very simple. Then we're working through Madrigal's book which is pretty good, too. Not much homework at all, as teach isn't prepared to do any grading...it's at the senior center, so it's all grey-hairs in the class.

I'm so tired after sitting in the hospital all day....going to turn in early fershure...have a great night folks...type ya tomorrow.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:47 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you everyone. Wishing you speedy recovery from your ER stay Mary.

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 04-22-2014 at 09:49 PM..