LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
TUESDAY'S ROLL CALL, April 15

Off we go on another round, busy day, and so cold, unusual for here, at any rate. Heater on, and off to bed to snuggle with a new "Reminisce" magazine, dh is still watching something on tv for the next hour.

See you on Tuesday morning.
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thanks for the start again, Doris.
We are going from almost 80 degrees overnight to possible snow and cold tomorrow. Winter is not wanting to give up her grip on us.
Off to bed for me.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:12 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Hi all-

Yes, I am posting at 5 a.m.! Steroid insomnia once again. I did manage to sleep from 11 to 2 and had an hour nap earlier, so I'll eventually catch up on sleep.

Had day 1 of second treatment today. It went smoothly, but I have had excruciating pain for much of the day. When I get constipated from the meds it wakes up the tumors in the area and can be really painful. My doctor slightly increased the dosage on my pain meds and they have finally kicked in. I'm also taking my prescription laxative religiously. Sorry if this is TMI, but I'm rejoicing that I am virtually pain free at this point. Yippee!

Have attached a photo of a necklace and two pairs of earrings I just finished. They are made from glass and shell beads. This one is my own "design," although it seems strange to call it that since all I did was string the beads.

PBS had a show on Sunday about the advertising industry - the original Mad Men and Women - which I thought was very good. I worked in advertising/marketing for 30+ years and don't ever let anyone tell you it's a glamorous career. As Susan would say, Hah! What was amusing was that back in the day, women were not allowed to work on the "glamorous" products like cars, but were stuck with drain cleaner, coffee, soap, food, etc. These days it's considerably different, thank goodness.

Sorry if I am repeating myself, but I am hoping to make it into NYC fairly soon. The American Watercolor Society is having a juried exhibit at the Salmagundi (art) Club that runs through April 20. I really want to get there as these are some of the best watercolor artists in the country. Here's a link: The American Watercolor Society You can look at work from past exhibits through a drop down.

Well, I guess I better go try to see if I can sleep a bit.

Have a good week.

-Louise

P.S. It's 59 degrees right now. The low for the next 2 nights is 28 - Brrr!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jewelry 008.jpg (64.7 KB, 7 views)
weezie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:02 AM   #4

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Linda, stay warm and inside, if you can!!

Louise, I'm glad you will be going to NYC, and glad you found a method to get rid of the pain, how touchy a situation to keep that under "control", to know when to take what, I mean. I'm happy to see you posting, sorry you can't sleep better though.

We had 34 degrees this am, and the hummingbirds are here, some different kinds that I had in the mountains, will look them up and write it down, lol, forget the names. The cardinals are out in force, too.

Off to eat a quick bite, then head to Lowe's for Mulch for the front flower beds. The tree in back will be removed tomorrow morning, they take all of it away with them.

Hugs to Sharon, also, and I guess we all have some kind of "thing" going wrong, one way or another, really. Safe travel and flight for Doug, also.

Gotta rush off............

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:53 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...Boy! Winter is not letting you all go. Hope you're staying warm whatever your plans. Today's the last of my slow days as the week has totally filled up. One of my nieces from Sacramento is coming down and will be stopping by. Will be great to finally meet her husband of five years. This is the sister of the one who came down last year and I haven't seen her in a very long time.

Louise, so sorry you're experiencing so much pain but glad you're able to get some relief from it. Thanks for the link looks like a great exhibit and so glad you'll be going there.

Time to get moving....y'all take care, stay warm and safe. Will bbl.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:44 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Louise, Hope you remain pain free. I know about pain killers causing constipation and can't imagine how painful that must be for you.

Our weather remains upper 50's and low 60's during the day, but in the 40's at night so I am really stuck as my tomatoes are way too big for plant lights, but too cold at night for them to be outside.

The forecast was for rain today, but I have so much to do in my garden that I may garden till the weather changes, as it is bright and sunny now.

Have a good one.