LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SATURDAY'S ROLL CALL, April 12

We are on babysitting duty tomorrow morning, that will keep us occupied pretty much for a good part of the day, but not the whole day

Wishing everyone well, Louise, how are yah doing?

Sharon, are you, laying low, out there in California?

I'm about ready to "hit the hay", what an OLD expression, just like me, lol.

See you in the morning, friends.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
LOL, have fun tomorrow, Doris.

Not doing much here but wondering about the side effects of this damned antibiotic. Might just go to the local walk in and have it changed.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:29 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I am laying low Doris. My before op is in four days. Then I have one at the hospital on the 18th. My surgery is at 11 am on the 24th. I'm glad I'm a patient woman.
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:07 AM   #4

Oh my, Sharon, so am I, and many prayers and good thoughts for a smooth surgery coming to you, too!

Linda, what the heck, did they give you another kind this time, dang it Hope the walk in can help you right away.

Off to try to finish an Easter card mailing, try to get it into the box quickly, before Silas arrives.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning y'all...total cloud cover this morning and the temps have dropped back to normal...didn't want to get out of bed. Don't have anything on the schedule today, so looking forward to a nice, lazy day.

Enjoy the grandson, Doris, he'll keep you running and you'll be able to sleep well tonight.

Sharon, hugs...and a few for you too, Linda...

sending good vibes to all y'all and I'll bbl.
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:50 AM   #6

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Checking in again DS is finishing some work off today in his home office. He should be almost finished.
He said we will go out around 2pm, shopping, dinner out and a movie. I am looking forward to enjoying all of that.

The sun is shining and the lake has tiny ripples this morning. So pretty with all the lush greenery.
My little dog can watch the gecko's play for hours. Ha!
2 weeks today is my return flight. I can't believe how relaxed I have been down here.

Sharon, Glad to hear that you have a date for your surgery. Hang in there and get as much prepared before you go. Ice packs will be your best friend after knee surgery. PT will have you up in no time.

Babette, Loved the pic of the flower field. A Field of Dreams to the great white north for sure.

Doris, You will be running up and down right now with Silas keeping you on the hop. Enjoy your time with him. Sure hope that your right heel settles down.

Linda, What med have you been given? If it doesn't sit well with you it is best to get it changed to one that you can tolerate. Good for you.

Mary, When is your company arriving that intend to hike around your area?
Hope the pup has settled right in by now.

Waving to Lainey, hope she can get back connected soon.

Enjoy your Saturday ALL and hope to check back tomorrow...

Last edited by SuSUN; 04-12-2014 at 09:52 AM..
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Hi Everyone,

So glad to read all the posts -

Lots to do today and, for some reason, I got a late start. Just got back from doing the usual errands, and now I'm about to start baking cookies to bring to church tomorrow. Later on, I'm meeting some friends and we're going out to dinner and a sunset hike. It's only supposed to be a mile and a half -- I hope I don't have any problems

Enjoy your day - BBL,
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:10 AM   #8

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Lying low so I'm back here again.

Doris, Thanks for the reminder about Easter cards. Mine are waiting in the wings.

Let my guard down a minute and this is what I get. Nasty side effects. I just love Tom and been seeing him since 1982, however " trust but verify"
He is going to get a kick in the butt.

Sharon, why such a long wait?

Mary, enjoy your laid back day. You deserve it.

Susan, enjoy your fun filled outing and some good food.
Boy, so sorry the time is just flying by for you, but at least it's warming up and getting to look a bit like spring here.

Levofloxacin is what I'm on this time, and the side effect of tendon pain is NOT much fun.
I'm so very allergic to many antibiotics...augmentin, Cefzil, avelox, sulfa drugs , however this bronchitis just doesn't stay away after I stop the Clarithromycin. He said "give this one a try" but somewhere I seem to remember how nasty it was.
Got blathering about other things with him and let it go.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Hello all-

The last few days have been up and down. Linda, I'm sorry the levofloxacin didn't work for you. They put me on that for my gum/tooth infection and it worked, thank heavens. I'm allergic to penicillin and anything in that group of antibiotics. Will start chemo again on Monday for 5 days. Still have gum tenderness so soup has been my fallback. Hope your hubby is improving, Doris.

Here are a couple of my insomniac crafting projects: a necklace made from glass and seed beads with a crystal fringe and a dragonfly brooch made from seed beads. I'm thinking of making earrings to go with the necklace - just have to figure out the design. Steady hands and magnifying glasses ("cheaters" as my friend Charlie calls them) help!

Have a great weekend!

-Louise
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jewelry 002.jpg (89.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg jewelry 003.jpg (44.7 KB, 7 views)
weezie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Louise, Have you ever thought of selling things on the website Etsy?

Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Louise, your items are beautiful. Unless you want to gift them to loved ones or keep them for sentimental value, I think selling them would be a terrific idea!

John and I are trying to get rid of a lot of "stuff" and make our house more organized and easier to clean, so today we went thru the antique bureau that held his clothes and moved everything to a new bureau more easily dusted. I know it was just a piece of furniture, but when we got married in 1971, John ONLY liked things that were ultraModern but consented to allow this one antique I found at an auction, which HE then took over.
So as he is busy building the new bureaus we got that are much sleeker and more modern, we donated the antique to the animal shelter and they just came and picked it up. It was a little sad and we had it for over 40 years.
I also finally got rid of all but a couple of pair of pantyhose. I actually had a couple of dozen pair, still in their original packages that had never been worn, so the new ones plus some other either new or lightly used garments also went to the shelter thrift store.
About 4 dozen pair of pantyhose went into the trash! That is truly the best part of NOT working anymore....NO pantyhose. No sentimental attachement at all!
Old 04-12-2014, 05:34 PM   #12

My goodness, Begete, you guys made some good donations! I can remember back when panty hose were something new, and I bought a lot of them for when I went to Germany in 1967, they were hard to find, but what a great idea, lol. Hated those garter strap thingees, yuck! lol

Louise, I think selling some of your jewelry would be a great thing for you to do, if you are up to it.

So Michele, your friends decided to not go out after all, eh what? Are you having odd weather already, with this next "event" moving in tonight, or tomorrow, depending on which weather guru you are watching?

Howdy Susan, only 2 weeks left, too bad.......... Sounds as though you could use another month, at least

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 04-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Hi all-

thanks for the nice comments on the jewelry. I will consider selling when I come up with original pieces. The items shown I made from patterns in books or online and are not my own design. Working on other pieces that are "originals."

Thanks again,

-L.

P.S. Hope Lainey gets her computer fixed. It's unusual for her to be absent.
weezie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:55 PM   #14

Louise, I forgot about people having design issues and you can't use other's designs, how do you protect the things you design yourself, is their a way to "patent" them?

I was thinking maybe Lainey gave her lap top to someone from her church to repair for her, but maybe she can get it back tomorrow, since it's Sunday They might do it for free for her, I mean.

We are both pooped, one little boy can be so much fun and amusement, but wear the heck out of us, dh even napped on the couch during some of the play time and noise, right near him. lol