Old 04-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAY'S ROLL CALL, April 11

I'm so very sleepy tonight, too much fooling around today

See you on Friday morning.............easy does it.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Has anyone tried baking with coconut flour? If so, what recipe?

Bought some today.

Tulips were just starting. Will post photo when I get a chance.
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:26 PM   #3

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Sleepy here too, Doris. Been a long day here too.

Have used coconut flour but don't bake often at all. Do remember finding it extremely dry.

Tomorrow I'll be taking the car for it's yearly inspection.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:31 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Checking in before the bed calls me home...Babette, I've made the one minute muffins with coconut flour (if you can call that baking) and it does soak up more liquid than the other lc flours...it's also finer textured, so you have to take that into consideration too. I'll check my files to see if there are any recipes using it that I'm anxious to try.

Sleep well all and I'll check back in the morning.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:15 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning,
Checking in to see if Lainey had gotten on,hope she can use Mary Ann's puter to say hi.
Looks like it will be a nice day,dinner out is all that's planned for today.
Had a blast with Mason and the girls,also got rid of lots of stuff.They will come back for more later,car was full.lol
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:47 AM   #6

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Gladys, that sure is a good way to get rid of stuff, and other people will enjoy it .

Howdy, Linda, you have been very busy too, out of the loop, so to speak, so have I.

Begete, you can just type coconut flour into your search and come up with all kinds of info, but the ones from the companies that make it will tell you it's the best thing in the world, and it isn't that great, but doesn't hurt you. I found it hard to use, and tossed it away, even my vegetarian friend didn't want it for free. Try it for yourself, is the only way to judge.

Hi Mary, you have had a lot of experience with a lot of different food items! We had goat yesterday, sister in laws daughter made us a goat stew, do you like goat?

We are off once again to get that blood test done, and the large container of samples delivered. Going to the mall today, want to get a case for the phone, one that has ridges on it so it doesn't slip out of my hands............

Have a good day, if it is possible and practical for you.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:46 AM   #7

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/144/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Just running in to say Hi.

I am still very grateful to be enjoying the Florida sunshine and breathtaking scenery. I still have 2 more weeks. I can't believe it.

Waving to All and glad to see everyone's post.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
I could not find any recipes online that looked all that great for coconut flour.

Nor do there seem to be any in our recipe room here....

Anyhow, here is photo of just one of many fields at the Tulip festival:

Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:26 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, all. Slept in this morning so just now stirring...cooler again today after several days in the 90's. I have been enjoying the patio, tho', so that's a good thing. So happy to see some of our friends checking in who have been busy and not able to wave at us. and hoping Lainey will find an access back to us...either MJ's, the library, or the senior center. Ours has several 'puters available for use. Sending hugs to all.

Dinner last night was a success; two ladies had never eaten ratatouille and really enjoyed it (at least they said they did.) The other sister said her father made it frequently, and mine was almost as good...which I took as a complement. The frozen chicken worked well in the Nu-Wave although it cooked much quicker than the directions said. But it was so convenient to take the bird from the freezer and pop it right into the oven...turned it half-way through and replaced the innards with some rosemary and thyme and some lemon. Glad I finally found a substitute for my beloved Jetstream.

Yes, Doris, I have eaten carne de cabra (goat). It's amazing the various countries that keep them for the table as well as for the milk. My brother, when he was young, apparently had to have goat's milk for while. I have vague memories of having a goat in the family. Fortunately, that changed as he grew older and was able to drink cow's milk.

Babette, thanks for the picture of the tulip farm...reminds me of some of the old farms here in the Southland...acres of lovely flowers. Don't see them much anymore...just fields of houses.

Wishing our friends who are under the weather healing vibes and good vibes to all...have a great day all...lazy day here which is a very good thing...

p.s...Babette, will check today for coconut flour recipes and get back atcha.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 04-11-2014 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: add p.s.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm back again...took a quick run to Sam's to return some leggings I had picked up; decided I'm just not a leggings-kind-of-gal. I also liked some underwear I had picked up there at the same time I got the leggings, so I bought a couple packages. So nice to have underwear that fits. I had been holding off buying anything after the weight loss, so was living in droopy drawers as i've got an "old-lady's" behind now....sigh! Amazing where we've gained the pounds that we never know until we lose it. Of course, I spent more than I returned. But I also re-learned a life lesson...Costco had had a pad last time i was there that I didn't get....went back today, and, of course, they no longer have it...oh well, such is life.

It is cooler today...only 90 degrees instead of the 95 or so we've been having....sunny and warm. I had to buy another zucchini plant as I've succeeded in killing off the two that I'd previously bought...sigh! maybe I'll be able to get a squash or two from this one. I either over- or under-water most plants, but since I'm on the patio more this year, I'm hoping to correct that.

Got a call from my niece (in Sacramento) and she and her hubby are planning a hiking trip in this area and want to stop in to see me...looking forward to that and will have more info later. Guess I'd better start putting together a care package for them to take back with them...hmmmm, I've already given her momma's silver and quilts, so will have to see what I can came up with. I've never met this husband, so looking forward to it.

Hope you all had a good day with lots of interesting things...type ya later.