Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   FRIDAY'S ROLL CALL, April 4 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/827025-fridays-roll-call-april-4-a.html)

mykneesareback 04-03-2014 07:14 PM

FRIDAY'S ROLL CALL, April 4

Another Friday, shall we all eat some Fish today?? :)

How are you doing, Louise? Is your husband playing somewhere in the city this weekend?

I had mailed Verleen a card, in care of her daughter, but have not heard anything at all.

See you Friday morning, friends. :heart:

LoveMontana 04-03-2014 08:18 PM

Hi Doris and all who follow, Pooped here and heading off to bed soon.
Raining off and on tonight and cool. :sad: Although it's much better than hot and humid.

Sure do hope you hear something from Verleen's Daughter soon, Doris.

Norfolk Mermaid 04-04-2014 12:51 AM

3:44 AM but asleep at 9: ish last night.

It is all good- always have been told that when we get old our sleep patterns change and OLD I ARE.
The QUEEN OF THE WEED WHACKERS is back on her throne! This time I bought a battery one and I easily got it put together so will try her out later this morning when all dries out from the dew. Think it will be sun today but a rainy forcast for the week end is in store. Have not checked the weather yet.
The cats need their breakfast this morning so I'll bb a little later. Having my coffee but won't have my breakfast till at least 5: ish. have to wait at least 1 hour or more before I eat and take the rest of my pills.
Yeah, it would be so good to hear from or at least of Verleen.

Mssarge 04-04-2014 08:22 AM

Good morning all...wow! I slept in 'til almost eight and that after a three-hour nap yesterday. As they say, I must have needed it; either that or I'm just getting lazy.

Sharon, another Wow! knee surgery! hope everything goes well. Are you all getting more rain today? The x-spurts are saying we won't get anything from this front; that it's going to remain up North. At least our snowpack in the Sierra's is being added to.

Doris, Keep hunkered down if the tornado warnings are about; wishing you all the best.

Lainey, I've never heard of a battery-operated weed whacker...and I just bought another one that needs the cord.

Nadine is coming up to do so work around the house...time to get it cleaned again. I think she's coming to get away from some of the drama of a teen. One of the joys of getting older...we don't have that drama in our lives.

Guess I best get moving...have a great day y'all...type ya later.

Loretta V 04-04-2014 11:23 AM

Linda do you still use avg for virus protection? I am wondering if they will continue support with xp this year. Or would a paid virus protection plan be better>??? or is there no help for me except to get a new computer?

I will eat Fish Doris.

mykneesareback 04-04-2014 11:44 AM

Howdy gang, just getting in here now.

Mary, thank goodness you have Nadine to help out! :) Are you getting any of that wet stuff at all that they showed on the weather news, rain heading south?

Loretta, I used to have avast! security for years, it's free, and never had any virus issue, ever. Have Microsoft now, and had virus issues suddenly this past 2 months or so, never had any before, so don't know if it's because of this cable company internet, (Time Warner), or what ever. But I've never paid for any security system, even Norton was free.

Been on the phone with the energy company, had to change my auto pay card because the card number changed, and they kept saying we didn't pay, they didn't accept the new card number, etc. So finally got that straightened out, hate those computer voice thing.

After the humidity of yesterday, today is very windy and cool, could have used a jacket this morning when we headed out to the AAA office.

Lainey, how neat to have a battery operated weed whacker! How long does the charge last on it? Is your lawn mower battery operated, too, I forgot.

The hail tore up our azalias, and some other plants, but no biggee, at least we didn't get hit.

Take care, waving at all our crew members.........:hiya:

Doug_H 04-04-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loretta V (Post 16863045)
Linda do you still use avg for virus protection? I am wondering if they will continue support with xp this year. Or would a paid virus protection plan be better>??? or is there no help for me except to get a new computer?

Loretta, how old is your current computer and what do you use it for?

It may be time to purchase a new system. Think about the applications you use and don't use. Our last laptop purchased a year ago last November was under $500. The new Win8, now 8.1, systems have their own security options built in.

Doug

LoveMontana 04-04-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loretta V (Post 16863045)

Yes I still use either the free versions of AVG, Avast or Avira and am looking to see if AVG ( have that on my little, old netbook that runs XP and love it). I also sent you an e mail with some other tips on securing your computer.;)

mykneesareback 04-04-2014 05:53 PM

Who is fishing, Linda??? Interesting picture! :)