Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2014, 09:16 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thanks for t he start off again, Doris.

Tomorrow it's off to visit mom and two of the boys. Grand kids are either in college or at school, and one son is out of town.

See all of you tomorrow night.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:16 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Got a lot done today....more tomorrow.

Also must cook up a storm as next week all we will have is a microwave, fridge and a sink in the laundry room downstairs. So planning on making a bunch of stuff and refrigerating or freezing meals for next week.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:20 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good Thursday to all. Thanks Doris

Brrrrr in the 20's this morning but warmer than yesterday with a highs in the 50's later and a big 70's warm up tomorrow.
Spent the morning with Mary Ann taking stuff out of Danny's new apartment- she was so cute picking out all of that stuff including a nice microwave at WallMart then she heard that he took his soon to be ex-wife to a Dr.s appt. (no problem) then to "lunch"- BIG problem. I find a "little crazy" to be fun but dumb/stupid is boring as heck to me when it becomes a constant. We are all dumb/stupid sometimes but briefly. Her good qualities (kind, sweet, cheerful and a goer and doer) makes her a fine friend and mostly out weihs her faults. Without Danny she is just about the best person I have ever known. Very vain but I can stand that- it is just something I have never been that much- natural beauty here- "har"!
Still dark out so I am waiting for day light to get the day off the ground- way ahead with coffee and a Atkins Scramble already down.
I will be making a schedule of the meals and then begin to duplicate a lot of them- breaky's (Verleen hated that nickname but I guess I can go back to using it again) will be easy with my Egg Beaters/Egglands Best and bacon, sausage and like that... lunches and dinners will be more complex but doable. Only dinner I have picked so far is Shrimp Scampi for Friday's nights dinner. Lunches with be egg salad, tuna salad, salmon stew & a salmon cake supper one of the nihts- maybe an alternate every friday. I am having so much fun with this Lent food thing.
Louise, you are constantly in my prayers.
Rambling Rose here- yall all have a good day.
bbl
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ABOUT THOSE PESKY COLD SORE BLOTCHES 'NEAR' THE CORNER OF MY MOUTH ON THE RIHT SIDE? USING THE SMELLY STUFF IN THE YELLOW TUBES (careful not to contaminate it) and they go away only to return in a few days. Hate them.

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 03-27-2014 at 03:25 AM..
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:29 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all...up a little earlier than usual so waving at all. Just the Spanish class this morning and visiting with another friend. So maybe I'll have time for studying later.

Lainey, sorry I can't help with the cold sores, but I'm sure someone will be by soon with a suggestion or two. Sounds like your really settling into your woe and good for you.

Babette, How long will you be without your stove? It is amazing what you can prepare in the microwave...proteins seem to be the thing that doesn't do well there although chicken is not too bad. But it sounds as tho' you'll just be using it for reheating. I've done a lot of cooking in the microwave, so I wish you luck...it really does do much more than just heating stuff up.

Doug, saw that haboob recently and was wondering...you don't get those severe dust storms that close to the river, do you? I know you must get some with the winds you get.

Guess I best get moving...have a great day folks and I'll type ya later.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:48 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

They are starting Monday and hope to be finished by Friday. The microwave we keep in the laundry room so guest can make popcorn or hot water for tea is the little one that our son used to have in his dorm room. So really all we can do with it is reheat.
I am making Low carb jambalaya, Chicken sausage and peppers, and pork tenderloin, all which can be stored downstairs. Will use paper plates, etc.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:59 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Mary, we get the wind but not the dust like they do in Phoenix area.

Beautiful day today with a high of about 75. All the flowers are blooming.

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:44 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
ACHOO, Doug, do you guys have allergies to those flowers? When do you head to Branson??

Begete, it's a good idea to cook ahead, good for you for doing it!! Hope it all turns out well.

Hi, Lainey. have a good day!

Linda, have a safe trip driving back "home".

Michele, hope you arrive safely in Wylie, we had actually a lot of real rain this morning, and it was windy as heck all night long.

Mary, are you getting a bit of moisture? How is your doggies doing today?

We shopped at Wal Mart, returned a stupid shelf thingee to Bed Bath & way Beyond, and got gas, and now putting away "stuff" here, there, and everywhere.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:14 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Hi all-

This chemo regimen isn't too bad thus far though the pre-med steroids are giving me insomnia. That's just fine as long as other side effects are kept in abeyance.

Lainey, Vitamin B will help your mouth sores. Just pick up a B-complex at the drug store if you don't have one. Vitamin C won't hurt either but B deficiency is usually the culprit. Also rinse your mouth with warm water with 1/2 tsp each baking soda and salt several times a day. That helps keep the saliva at the corners of your mouth from triggering it more.

I've been working on more needlework and beadwork. DH is vacuuming (bless his heart). I find that the steroids give me extra energy, but not strength, so he's helping with the heavy lifting, so to speak.

Begete, what colors did you wind up selecting? Can you post photos, or do you want to wait until the work is done? Hope it turns out nicely.

Have a lovely day everyone.

xo,

-Louise

P.S. Weight is down to 131 today - lower than my high weight in college. So maybe i'll make that 125 yet.

Last edited by weezie; 03-27-2014 at 01:16 PM..
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Glad to see your post, Louise!

Arrived safely, Doris; the weather didn't slow us down too much. Now I get to turn around and head back in a bit.

Waving to all,
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:52 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Louise, in the bedroom which they did last week, 3 walls and the ceiling were painted a grayish blue, and one wall a light grayish tan. The master bath is gray, black and white with red vessel sinks.

The living room, dining room and kitchen will be beige with a dull navy accent wall.

Can't take photos now because everything is packed away. I never realized how much work having your interior painted was. So $$$$ we have been cleaning like crazy because we don't want any dust to mess up our new paint!

Glad your chemo isn't too bad.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Doris, we cancelled that trip. Too much driving.
I am flying by myself in mid April to Michigan to visit my sister that has cancer.

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:33 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Thanks Louise- will add those to my $$$ bank breaking shelf of suppliments I already take. I do take a B vit. 2Xdaily but no extra C. Just the mulit older women one and E x2daily for fatty liver and magnisum, zink, fish oil and others.
I loved your beaded dragon fly so much. Take care as best you can.
Lainey
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote