LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2014, 06:46 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
MONDAY'S ROLL CALL, Feb. 24

Getting this in early....................another new week, last week of February, and time Marches onward... It's cooling down already, had to put an extra blanky over my feet area in bed tonight, thought I was done doing that.

See you all in the morning.
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Thanks Doris- Hi everybody.

Just saving my place in line.
bbt
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #3

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thanks for the start off yet again Doris. LOL Don't think our feet will be warm until July or August.

Hi Lainey,

Still fiddling with this new computer and am about ready to call it a night.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:42 AM   #4

It's 42 degrees, sort of cloudy, but no rain expected until tomorrow, if we are lucky.

Breakfast for dh and off to treatment, and tax people to get stuff filed, getting something back from Calif., but gotta pay the fed, but it's OK, still rather live here, friends!!!

Hope everyone is doing ok, or mending, and to those still struggling

Old Doris
Old 02-24-2014, 06:49 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

NOT old Doris!!!

Thinking of you this morning as I put 2 very small zukes in my eggs this AM.
Gonna steam a whole head of brocoli later- xsharpe ched- yum for supper.
Got on my wrists & ankle weihts and may try to et on another set of ankle weihts.... I wear them till bed time not just for my walkies- even shopping... I love being old "I DO WHAT I WANT" no body to impress in this my life. Only G*d and me on my pillow at night and the "GREAT HIMSELF" on my sleeve.
Begete, it was me that told you about the "turnip steak fries" Dad's yearly bumper crop was the reason (also add to mash pots- wow factor)- use coconut oil though as it is totally flavor free and the turnips are the real star.
Need to weih in on Downton Abbey over there- mixed reviews here... did like the definition of "A DESIRE OF SUITORS" for Mary thouh.
The weather is fab out there while I took out the garbage and I want to play outside today.
bbl
OH, prayin fervently that Mary Ann gets her Cat Scan report from last thursday but think bad news would have come before now. I still think she is simply anorexic but damn- looks great in her clothes but ssays she cries when she sees herself undressed in the mirror- lost too much way too fast and is literally skin and bones. Dr. is havin her et a personal trainer- I want her to bring back the exercises and we will do them at home or I suggested on her off days we do YOGA which I LOVE.
bb l

Old 02-24-2014, 06:54 AM   #6

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Thanks for the start Doris. Glad to hear that you are happy living in Texas. Going to delivery my papers to tax man Wednesday.

Had a lazy day yesterday with a big nap in the middle hours. Still coughing but new rx is helping.

Linda I need to be thinking about a new computer but all of the "moving in" worries me.
Techonolgy usually wins.

At the Hospice office today.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:05 AM   #7

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/151.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Yep, the temps are taking a dive again today.
It is a gorgeous sunny day with a clear blue sky, looking out the window that is.

I am taking it easy today, after the work day yesterday. Later, DD and I will walk for an hour in the woods with her dog.
Then, I need to get some chores done around here.
DD and DGD are staying for supper tonight as her DH is in Vancouver BC for 3 days this week.
DS called this morning on his way to work from sunny Florida. I can't wait to join him. Just less than a month now.

Waving to ALL and hope to check back later...
Old 02-24-2014, 08:40 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Susan, just heard from Ginny. She will be in Iowa for two weeks, coming back on 3/15. She wants to meet up with us. So, when will you be down here, and how long will you be staying? We have to figure this all out!
Nothing much else to write about. Loved how Mr. Carson and Mrs. Hughes ended Downton Abbey ended the show last night. AWwww
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Thanks for the reminder the year is flying by, Doris, and the start this morn

Hard to believe it's the last of February, seems like we just left December behind. Also, I always sleep with a throw over my feet or socks. If I don't my feet get cold and wake me up. How can feet get cold under the covers?

Good morning all...I know all y'all are so tired of the cold and want Spring to get here as quickly as it can...we're still hoping for a little coolth and blessed rain. We've had only one "Winter Dip" and hardly any precip at all. The x-spurts are calling for one to two inches of the stuff this weekend. I've my boots all mink oiled and my raincoat to the fore in my closet. Have I ever said I love the rain and truly miss the warm summer/fall rain of the midwest/southwest...our rain comes in the winter and is always cold...can't go walking in it to enjoy the precip....sigh! Can't have everything I guess.

Will soon be running out the door to open the FHC for the sister missionaries. Sad news that one of the ladies is moving to a new area today, so will be saying goodby. I've given her my email address and truly think if we're meant to be friends in the future, we will meet again. I used to say that to my Army buds when we were saying goodby, and it's come true so many times. I hold all of them in my heart whether I see them again or not.

Nothing else planned for the day, so will probably work in the bedroom again, still a lot to clear in there. Haven't put the new comforter on the bed as it's springlike, and doesn't really go with the flannel sheets. With expecting the cold temps again this weekend, I don't want to take them off yet...but can hardly wait to finish it off.

Begete, how much snow did you get out of this storm? We're expecting that front to move through on Thursday, and another on the weekend. Did you get all the work done on your RV? Are your fur kids settling down after the trip? Before the trip you were telling us of the mischief they were getting into, now they must have changed their tune.

Sending good vibes to all our friends who are ailing, healing, or just got the blues...and hugs to all...have a great day. Find a little sunshine in your day.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:49 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
On ferry to mainland on way to allergist. Had a long period of snow, but no accumulation on the island. Hope the mainland is safe.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:55 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope so, too. Safe driving Begete.

Forgot to mention...NASCAR started the new season and my guy, Dale Earnhardt, Jr, won the race. He's had a long dry spell, but he did it.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:15 AM   #12

Wishing Begete and John a smooth trip to the "mainland", and those ever loving doctor appts............just looking at our calendar, if it weren't for medical appts., we would just be sitting around the house day after day, lol. Now our car has 119,000 miles on it today.

Mary, our Calif. son has Earnhartd as his favorite, too. So he must be really happy, it's been a slow going time though. Hope those Calif. rains show up, and our Texas rains are in the forecast, beginning tomorrow. Whoop de doo! 1/2 and inch is expected....

Susan, I'd be counting the days until heading for Florida, too!!! And some fun to meet Julie and Ginny.

Lainey, have a good day today, and did you let the zuchinni pieces brown a touch and add garlic, . I do the same thing with leftover brussel sprouts and really like cauliflower. But different strokes for different folks.

Off to do some kitchen chores, before going to pick up grandson for today.

Doris

"Be Your OWN Inspiration!"

Calories IN, Calories OUT, old fashioned but True...
Old 02-24-2014, 03:18 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Three o'clock and I still haven't gotten into the clearing the clutter in the bedroom. Stopped at Goodie's (Goodwill) on the way home, didn't find anything of interest so went to Office Depot. They've still not returned my software and the tech guy said he was going to talk to the manager to get a replacement for me...he wasn't there yet. Came home and will call later. Had a bite of lunch and sitting here looking at the mountain of work to be done and don't know if I want to start or not....sigh!

Doris, "they" are saying this may be the biggest rain in over two years...about two inches of rain in just a couple of days. We prayed for rain, just hope it comes in manageable amounts. Can't you just see us flooding out after it's been so dry?

Hope you are all having a good day..bbl
Old 02-24-2014, 03:29 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Jeepers- why did it make me log in?

Whew- glad I still had the pass word.
Yep, I did brown the zukes a tad. That made a real filling breakfast. My hunger is off the wall these past weeks- constant... I hate that. I am wondering if my meds need adjusting- thyroid and diabetes 2 but my next appt. is not till April. Always sumpin huh?
Good tv night for me starting at 8:30. The Black List is late at 10: but it has been off for two weeks due to the O's. I' ll make a coffee so I can keep my eye open.
Still no word on M.A.'s Cat Scan and she is a basket case. Her antibiotics are done and all her symptoms are back in full. A neighbor just survived a bleeding brain anurism and I told Mary A. that at least there is always something worse out there than what you got yourself.
I been missing my Ila so text her and got her usual response of "busy, busy"!
Have a good evening all.
bbl
Old 02-24-2014, 06:09 PM   #15

Yep, Lainey, the young people these days have to work way too many hours, son hasn't had a day off in several weeks, due to stuff going on at AT & T, he just told me he might get some time off on Thursday. He can work from home now and then, though, and dil is the same, she is on call 24/7 with her job. I'd hate that!!!

Glad for the coming rain, Mary, but I remember a February back in the 1980's, when it rained for 11 days, and we flooded out..........so hoping this isn't one of those events, it was the "pineapple express" that did us in.

I'll post tomorrow's thread soon, so wait for it, lol.........