LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY's ROLL CALL, Feb. 19

Just popping in to post Wednesday's thread, in the midst of Olympics watching, lol.

See you all in the morning!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2014, 08:34 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thank you again for the start off, Doris.

Been fighting with this old computer and am waiting anxiously for my new Dell to be delivered tomorrow.
Hopefully I can get it up and going after I come back from taking my car for it's 15,000 mile check up. That is only if the ice storm doesn't hit.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:50 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning....

Thanx for start, Doris. I can't believe I now have to struggle to lose those 5 pounds I gained since Christmas. This time something weird is happening. I am hungry! I have never before been hungry on Atkins. Anyone know what that is about?
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:46 AM   #4

Good Morning, everyone!

Linda, I hope the stupid weather does not mess up your car appointment! I hope your Dell arrives on time, and doesn't take too long to get set up, lucky you to have a brand new computer, though!!!

Begete, you aren't the same person you were when you first began dieting, your body has changed, what happened before ain't gonna happen, you are older, as we all are, what you require now is not the same thing. Your body is just not satisfied with what you are eating now. You are not satisfied mentally with what you are eating now. Healthy food is not necessarily satisfying food, that is why people go ON and OFF diets, forever and ever, amen. It's like having a lousy lover, at some point, you go back to whomever satisfied you the most, lol, and with many of us, or most of us, it's the good tasting comfort foods. No pill can change it. Dare I say it again? Eat less, move more, and it isn't easy, never will be easy at our age, we are stuck in our own time warp......
Just my thoughts on the subject, of course............years and years of this, pondering over and over, it's not that we don't know what to eat, we just don't really WANT to eat in a healthier way, deep down. It's my reason, anyway.........and I'm owning up to it.

Have a good day, friends. It's drizzly and warm out there today, but humid and allergy promoting.

Take care........

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 02-19-2014, 07:21 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good HUMP DAY to all, (an ing would sure change that greeting)

So looking forward to the ladies skating toniht but I feel pretty certain that the 15 yr old Russian girl is just too perfect to not win hands down. My American choice would be "Gold"- the other girl lacks grace in her person and to me lacks gracefulness in her skating... for sure I will be glued to the screen tonight. Rested up and the TV stayed dark last night for a change.
Very, very warm today with a high in the mid 60's and sunshine- Feb. was the coldest month in Va. growing up but weather is really shifting about these years seems like.
Mary Ann has her Cat Scan- with and without contrast on Friday at 8:15 am at the hospital. I have offered to drive her but sure hate getting up that early to do anything. She has to drink her stuff at 4: am so at least I am not facing that. We are both thinking it is a lodged kidney stone (she has had in the past) but the Urologist office wants to rule out cancer- (# 1 bladder cancer sympton is hematuria (blood in urine) and she was told her's was full of blood. Her boyfriend Danny has sold the house and is madly in a hurry to find a apartment/house rental and finally he will no longer be under the same roof as his (waiting for the final of the divorce) wife. I do not know if I like or hate living in her soap opera. Her Dad is so mean to her that I just have never seen anything like that and she stupidly over reacts which of course is what he is going for... she does have my sympathy on that front but I do think her leaving him alone so much causes a lot of the acting out over there.
Coffee and grits are gone/ pills are down so I will start this day rolling.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:04 AM   #6

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Linda I have been contemplating a new computer but did not like the Windows 8 reviews. I am using xp now. How did you make a decision on Dell???

Warm weather and I am itching to get at my car. Rain in the forecast for tomorrow but I need to get that salt off of it.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:21 AM   #7

We had/have a grey, drizzly day, and it will stay like that, pleasant, we walked all over Wal Mart, laps around Home Depot, and then went to Calloways, a garden store the likes of what we have never seen, WOW, barely bought one small plant, but dh is waiting for another month or so before they get his wants in, too early to grow it, so they tell us. They had such lovely Camellias, my goodness, and Azalias with colors I've never seen, geraniums with double and triple blooms, lol.

Loretta, glad you did not travel far today, feels good to stay in your neighborhood, doesn't it? Hope you can get the salt washed off of your car.

Lainey, guess you have a Friday of hand holding and hoping for the best for Mary Anne.

We watched the Russian's get beat in ice hockey, they lost, just at the minute we had to rush out the door for treatment, like clock work. Guess we will be watching tonight, too.

Hang in there, friends. Finally saw a Mockingbird at the feeder awhile ago.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all...just checking in to let you know I'm back home safe and sound. Had a great time and will bore you with details probably tomorrow. Easily found the restaurant in Solvang that was Don's favorite smorgasbord, but didn't have any pastries...Birkholm's just didn't seem the same. In fact, Solvang didn't seem the same, it is huuuuuuge...much larger than I remembered. I still can't remember the last time we were there...I was thinking it was the summer before Don passed away, but it couldn't have been. Most likely, 2010, the year I retired.

Anyway, just had to check in and let you know that I'm back and now I'm just waiting for the world to stop moving long enough for me to catch my breath. (It used to be I could drive all day, several days in a row and feel okay...now a two-hour drive poops me out.)

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 02-19-2014 at 04:12 PM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:28 PM   #9

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Here is the secret to why we do what we do. Thank YOU Doris for this. I agree!

Quote:
you aren't the same person you were when you first began dieting, your body has changed, what happened before ain't gonna happen, you are older, as we all are, what you require now is not the same thing. Your body is just not satisfied with what you are eating now. You are not satisfied mentally with what you are eating now. Healthy food is not necessarily satisfying food, that is why people go ON and OFF diets, forever and ever, amen. It's like having a lousy lover, at some point, you go back to whomever satisfied you the most, lol, and with many of us, or most of us, it's the good tasting comfort foods. No pill can change it. Dare I say it again? Eat less, move more, and it isn't easy, never will be easy at our age, we are stuck in our own time warp......
Just my thoughts on the subject, of course............years and years of this, pondering over and over, it's not that we don't know what to eat, we just don't really WANT to eat in a healthier way, deep down. It's my reason, anyway.........and I'm owning up to it.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #10

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Linda, I have had a DELL for quite a few years now and I have been very happy with it.

Mary, Glad to see that you are home safe and sound back here with us. You mentioned the year that you retired 2010. Did you taper off with part time or just from F/T to zero? I have almost made up my mind to retire this year maybe in the summer or Fall.

I made Michele's cabbage recipe tonight for supper.

Doris, I see Germany is on top with the most medals so far.
I root for Canada as I have lived here longer than England.

Lainey, Enjoy the ladies figure skating. I love it too but when I get watching the Olympics I can't get to my other shows. Hah!
Old 02-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #11

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Mary, happy to hear you found the place, but places do change a lot in a few years.

Susan, my old computer is a Dell and I've been nursing it along for too long. They do not last forever, unfortunately. New one is much smaller and more compact.

Loretta, the Dell came today. Boy are they fast. If you go to their website, they still have windows 7 available and that is what I ordered. check it out.
If they come up with an improvement over Windows8 , I'll consider paying for the new verson to add to the new computer.

Doris, you and G will have a great time with the variety of plants you can tend to in your new yard.
Took the new baby out of it's box, but am too tired to fiddle with it tonight. IE on this thing just doesn't work so I'm using Firefox. Seems OK for now.

Bless your heart Lainey, you are a good person for being so kind to Mary Ann.

Going to head to the hometown tomorrow and do what I have to do, including take mom to lunch, deliver some groceries to David and visit the other two boys.

Last edited by LoveMontana; 02-19-2014 at 05:01 PM..
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:35 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
I am cold brrrr and very sleepy zzzz but the skating was worth it- liked the little girl in a red dress the best- think she was French- I'll check and see which she was tomorrow. So dislike that Ashley person- what an attitude on that girl... guess I could use some of that self love but she is just annoying.
Anybody heard from or about Verleen? I'll look for her number tomorrow- pretty sure I have it in one of my note books and I' ll go ahead and call her. I hope she is recovering at least some from that horrid fall.
bbt
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote