Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   TUESDAY'S Roll CALL, Feb. 18 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/822855-tuesdays-roll-call-feb-18-a.html)

mykneesareback 02-17-2014 05:58 PM

TUESDAY'S Roll CALL, Feb. 18

Tuesday, already, lol, good grief.
I did order flowers and a mylar balloon for my mother, she loves balloons, for some reason, ha ha ha. I don't know how large a cake my brother ordered, but it has to serve all of the people at the assisted living place. :) It's too bad we could not go.

Hoping Mary got to her destination ok today.

See yah in the morning! :up:

LoveMontana 02-17-2014 09:07 PM

Thanks for the start off, Doris.

Sure do wish you could go to celebrate your mom's BD with her.:console:

Expecting another 5 to 8" of snow tonight.:eek:

Off to bed with me. It's cold and I'm pooped.

SuSUN 02-18-2014 05:27 AM

Thanks again Doris for rolling us out the door again for another day.:clap:

Sounds like your Mom will have a splendid BD with all those friends around. Tell your brother to take pictures of her cake. :birthday: Doris' Mom!:heart:

I know you have your hands more than full at the moment with all the daily clinic treatments. :hugs::heart::hugs: One more week to go?

Linda, It is still falling now as we speak. I hope it doesn't snarl the roads in your neck of the woods.

I am on a count down now to joining DS in Florida. Flights are booked, I just have to get myself down there.:cool:;)
I just have two more Dr. appointments in March and then I will be out of here.

Give me some sunshine to recoup. A 'convalescence' of sorts Hah!
They don't use that word too often these days but I will being of the old school. ;)

I need to get out to do a few errands this morning, then, my gentle Yoga class from Breast Cancer Action. All are provided free of charge, then to school this aft, as DGD is receiving an award so looking forward to that.:love:

Waving to All and hope to check back later...:heart::up:

Norfolk Mermaid 02-18-2014 06:26 AM

Good Tuesday to all. Many thanks Doris.

Just a check in for now.
Planning a walk with "Missy" and Mary Ann- high 60's and sunny today- so getting ready for that while my coffee cools down- changes the taste too much to add ice.
Ice Dancing was great last night- adored the Swan Lake the Russian's danced.
USA is making us proud in many of the sports. Some of the racing ones sure do make me tense though.
Have a great day all.
l.

mykneesareback 02-18-2014 10:12 AM

Sounds like most of you have pleasant times planned for today! Lots of people around here are out walking, strolling hand in hand, or running to beat the band! Walked at Lowe's, should never go to a garden place to walk, too many temptations, and it could become costly!!! And not even any food involved!

Susan, how nice to have access to those classes for breast cancer patients!! They have that here, but I don't know if you have to pay or not, I never asked the women who told me about them.

Lainey, enjoy your walk today!!!

Linda, are you bundled up, still, I think so.

Loretta, how are things going with you, I know you guys have appts. to keep, too.

Hoping Mary has a good time in Solvang, with good weather.

Waving at you ALL, off to get something done around here!!

maternalone 02-18-2014 12:18 PM

New Here

Hi Ladies, I've been reading your thread here and there for a week or two. Thought I would join in today, as I finally have seen movement on the scale!!! I had a woooosh this morning. 6 lbs!! first show of # lose since I started LC end of January. I've had so many other benefits that I was bound and determined to stick with it!! I love "kneesareback", I don't know exactly what you are referring to, but my knees are better. I've had so much arthritic pain and being LC has practically eliminated that!! It's awesome. I'm 56, soon to be 57 and as you say still hacking away, but planning for retirement. DH(dear hubby?) have been scoping out places in Florida. Just in the planning stages right now. Hoping for sooner than later, but life and family play a huge role in decision making. My mom will be 80 in May and she's going strong.....and well rooted where she is......not in a warm climate. Ugh. I digress. So anyway, I appreciate all the talk and banter. Lots of information to garner and use to help along the path. Hope to check in as often as possible.

mykneesareback 02-18-2014 12:26 PM

Welcome to you, gal from Connecticut! Are you dug out, yet? Keep on doing what you are doing, measure your waist, if you don't want to weigh, you will notice changes there, quicker.

Most of us are eating in different ways, sometimes we do well, sometimes we do what we wish, but at some point, we try our best to do better. Life brings many changes of moods, and overeating is just another way to deal, it's not just about the hunger. Join our menu and exercise threads, if you are up to it.

It's balmy here today, can't figure this Texas weather out, even the Texans can't explain it anymore.

See you later on............:sing:

maternalone 02-18-2014 01:25 PM

:shake:Thanks for the welcome. Balmy eh? Snowy here in New England, seems to be the weather every other day. Ah, 3/21 can't come soon enough. I like to group dynamic. My new mantra is " I'm doing the best I can", some gloomy days are harder than others, so I get it. Look forward to more exchanges.:shake:

BeachyWoman 02-18-2014 02:32 PM

Ah maternalone...CT...I know you are tired of all the cold and snow. Come on down to sunny FL and join Ocali and myself. Most days are great and we get just enough cold to make us appreciate the hot humid summer. LOL
SuSun, I'm looking forward to your visit too. Hope we can get together.
Doris, Texas weather is just as puzzling as Alabama weather was when we lived there. I'll take FL...not that I have a choice...
Linda, I hope you are all rested up and staying warm. I know you must have snow up the wazoo.
Lainey, I loved the ice dancing also. I have been watching the games and I've really enjoyed them.
I hope everyone has a fun afternoon and restful night. Mikey and I are tired enough to go to bed now. LOL Glenda

mykneesareback 02-18-2014 03:54 PM

Glenda, what month do you think is the best for visitors to Florida, you know, not too danged hot and humid, but not cool enough to have to wear a jacket all the time, either :):)

Norfolk Mermaid 02-18-2014 04:50 PM

LOL Doris- you want Honululu! I nearly fried in Feb. in Daytona- Ormond Beach several times in Feb. when visiting my Mother In Law.
Missing the ice dancing- have really enjoyed it except for the blabber mouth- ego maniacal has been x- skaters trying to outshine the skaters- PUTOEY!
bbt or maybe later.
Would someone call Verleen if I PMed her number? I am just not wanting to hear super bad news directly in the state of mind I am in riht now- that sounds odd but I hope you understand.
e.