LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 08:00 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY'S HUMP Day, Feb. 12

I think it was Lincoln's Birthday on the 12th., lol.

Posting quickly, out of time, tuckered out from just doing this and that today, paperwork is a pain in the butt. But there are worse things in life.

Hope we can all get a good night's sleep, and get Wednesday going with a bang!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 428792_337087516375846_326247290_n.jpg (21.1 KB, 0 views)
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2014, 08:21 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
cccccooollllllddddddd....

hitting the elec. throw or under it I should say.
bbt
Where the hay is that "hump day Camel?"- I love that guy!
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #3

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thanks for the start off yet again Doris.

Lainey, Google that hump day camel on Youtube. I would put him up, but I'm pooped.

Damned flu got me good again even though I was vaccinated. Feel like hell and am off to bed.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:39 AM   #4

There are many kinds of flu going around, plus that noro virus stuff, it hit my Mother's place, too, many have been sent to the hospital from her place. Hope you can call the doctor, Linda

Lainey, just type in stuff you want into your "search" or go to You Tube directly for things you like to see again and again. Did you finally get rid of your Facebook account?

Off to check dh's meds again, something has been messed up on that, tired of those lazy fools that work there.

Otherwise, wishing you all a good day, if you can manage it.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 02-12-2014, 06:17 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning all and thanks Doris for opening.

Need to get out there and melt the wrought iron bird bath the birds like so much. This cold spell is just hanging on and on. Sun right now but only 25 degrees. Just not used to this in Old Virginie... cold yeah, for a day or two then a nice warm up- oh well, still not N.Y.'s never ending cold blast with snow on the ground for weeks. Hair wash at 1: but think I will re time it yet again as it is just too cold for wet hair even with a hat.
Hope all are doing pretty good... prayers for Verleen and all needing them.
bbl

Old 02-12-2014, 07:09 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Good morning all-

As Lainey described it, we are in NY's "never ending cold blast with snow on the ground for weeks". The forecast is for 10"-14" of snow tomorrow and it was 7 degrees when I got up. It's now up to a whopping 16. I just pray the power stays on. We already have about a foot of snow on the ground.

I think I need to have a serious discussion with dh about a move to somewhere warmer. Most of our friends are in the NYC area but I just don't know how much more of this I can take. I'm sure I'll change my tune once Spring arrives but, ye gods, enough already!

Today's project is digging out my table top loom to try some weaving again. I was given it for Christmas when I was 12 and have hung onto it all these years. It's not that wide but I was thinking I could make a pretty scarf with some alpaca yarn I have. Just have to find it first.

Have a lovely day, everyone!

-Louise
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:57 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all...good morning and thanks, Doris, for the push. I'm not going to say anything about weather except to commiserate with all under it...weather-wise or health-wise. I've heard there are several kinds of flu making the rounds this year which have been a real problem for a lot of folks.

I slept like a babe last night after not having a good night the one before...I've reminded myself that I need to have a snack on my down days as I'm sure that's why the bad night. When I keep to the 500 kcals on the DD's, it's not sleep inducing. Also on my up days, I've got to stay away from sugar....sigh! I had two chocolate covered cherries in the afternoon and two cookie crisps after supper and the tummy didn't like it when I laid meself down. Of course, it could have been assisted by a high carb dinner of split pea soup, a slice of home-made bread, toasted, then the cookies...and not much protein in the soup.

Has anyone else tried the cookie crisps? I've found two that are so delicious...one is a brownie and the other chocolate chip. I found them at Costco. They're regular batter, thinned down so they are as thin and crisp as potato chips. A fairly large portion is 150 kcals, but one or two are very satisfying for the sweet tooth.

I know my woe is not for everyone but I truly love it as I can have whatever I want to eat and don't feel deprived. Of course, the low calorie days do take some getting used to, but after a while I found I wasn't even hungry and the energy is outasight. When I lost the most weight (30 pounds in five months) I was keeping my carbs very low as well, so now that I'm back in the groove, (I hear you, Doris...Rut) I'm going to reduce the carbs again as I really want to lose the next 30. I'm just glad I continued to lose since then.

OMG, just saw the time, so will have to cut this short as I've the cardio appointment this morning and I can't be late even though I know he will be running behind schedule....gotta run. BBL. (Thanks to you all for putting up with my rambles) Take care, stay warm, and be safe....sending hugs to all.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 02-12-2014 at 08:59 AM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:00 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning everyone....we are HOME!!

and like Doris, facing huge mounds of paperwork from a month of accumulated mail and tax season....
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:27 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Afternoon- good that is- to all.

bracing for snow but my little neck of the woods is getting mostly rain possedly.
Really enjoyin th ice skating that I have to sit thru other stuff i would not watch in a million years just so I do not miss the skaters.... LOVED the pink panther and totally seeing that couple grabbing the gold- announcer said they work 2 times as hard as all the other couples and to me it shows for sure- they are perfection in every way but their gracefulness is poetic in its elegance. The Italian skater placed 5th and I thought her a much better skater than that- loved when the announcer said that she was the idol of the 15 yo Russian what has or (?) will take the gold. (G*d I hate those mouthy "Sandra and Scott" talkers over the music then to only repeat word for word during the film replays) . Odd thing though is I am really getting into some of the sports that I did not think I would have. Wondering though if Saun White is a case of "Samson" and should have left his hair long. Looks like the "Russian O's" will rate hiest of all the games historically- hmmm, maybe a tie with China on the openings though- nooo, Russia was best with those floating farms and factories and such... just beautiful. These winter games are going to be tuff to top so S. Korea has it's work cut out for them.
Gosh I am hungry but too lazy to put anything together so I reckon tuna and light Hellman's on health nut toast on a paper towel would be best for lazy.
Louise, with all your crafts which seem indoors activities mostly you are good in New York don't you think? N.Y. still has a nice summer growing season- seems Jan. and Feb. are not much fun no matter where you are. Even the real south ets a cold drag on during those months in most years.
Got to finish up stowing Sam's stuff and getting thurs. garbage out to the curb- then that sandwich and ice tea.
bbl
L.

Yipeeee- Reddington and BlueBeard must be very happy about now. Welcome home Begete, John and the "boys".

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 02-12-2014 at 10:31 AM..
Old 02-12-2014, 11:03 AM   #10

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/116.5/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
John took me to see the doc this am. They did some sort of test w cotton swab in nostril and said it is not the flu. I sure do feel achy, cough and just plain tired. Will take otc drugs and rest up. She said if I am not better by Friday to pick up antibiotic.
Sure don't want to pass this around. JOhn's arm where the chemo infiltrated is looking better and the doc says it will be ok in about 2 weeks. He gave John a prescription for hydrocortisone for it and it seems to be looking a little better.

No place like home Begete.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 13 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:10 AM   #11

I'm sorry to read you are feeling so lousy, Loretta, and hope it passes quickly and doesn't affect John in any way, good thing you went to the doctor though.

Louise, do you or Bob have relatives that live somewhere warmer, where you could go and where he could find work?

Today felt better at the treatment place, because something called the "sun" came out today, cheered everyone up.

Off to the tax place in awhile, hopefully we won't have to pay anything, but with moving and buying this place, who knows? Sorry to blather on and on....
Old 02-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
No sun here,lousy wet weather.Rained all night,cloudy all day.
Went out and fed the birds but did no cleaning.
Had a nice visit from a cute guy yesterday.Mason and his mom Heidi came to visit,was fun.
Glad DD does our taxes,she has been working at H&R Block part time for years,it doesn't cost us anything but her dad gives her a very nice tip.
DS1 bought his grandmothers house from DH,he could not let it go,guess he will rent it.He will retire soon so he can deal with renters.I wanted no part of renting it out.
Louise,you need a motorhome to follow the nice weather around,lots of Canadians are in Arizona right now.I love to read their blogs but I have had my time with camping.
Dh is making a cornbread for his supper,eaten like cereal,in a bowl with milk.I'll have a couple of hotdogs,no bun/bread,steamed veggies.
BBL
Old 02-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Home again...(so glad to see you have made it home, Begete, don't try to do everything at once. Take some time to just enjoy being there; everything else will wait 'til you get to them.)

Had a two-hour wait at the doc's and was just getting up to leave when he walked into the exam room. He's a great cardiologist and takes as much time as each patient needs. But, two hours is ridiculous...then he spends ten minutes with me, uses the stethoscope and pats me on the back and say's "you're doing great." Geez!!! I was shocked, tho' when he took me off medication, Ranexa, and said I didn't even need the enalapril, which he had me on for years before taking me off to add the other...another geez! Of course, now he wants me back in four months to see how I'm doing off the meds. (of course, I had just refilled the 'script, so now what do I do with it...only one pill out of the bottle...sigh!)

Went to Sprouts as they have a super sale on a lot of the veggies I use the most. Picked up some tiny eggplants, about the size of large eggs, so will try the ratatouille with them..hope they're tasty as I've never seen them before. The small Japanese ones, of course, but never this small. I had asked Nancy to join me but she's picking up her daughter and grandkids at the airport at 4, so I picked up some stuff for her, too...so now my veggie bin runneth over and I've got to use some of them to make room.

Finally an afternoon to myself, and I feel lost...so will get to cleaning the veggies and finding some trouble to get into...hunker down, east-coast folks, this storm looks like it will be a doozey.

Last edited by Mssarge; 02-12-2014 at 02:29 PM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:32 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Took a nap and woke to all is white.

possed to change to all rain but we'll see I guess. Sure is pretty and will lose to lijt to see it in less than an hour. I never tire of seeing the stuff but this coldness is getting tuff to take.
Gonna heat a tin of roasted toms and call it soup & a grilled cheese to go with. Will have some hot choc. at the olympics much later.
Need to add another layer which will make 4 but I don't mind doing that at all. Now to check the weather report.
bbl
Old 02-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2001MaryT
Stats: 320/234/175
WOE: low carb
Start Date: August 2013
DH and I made a pot of homemade soup and I made some layered jello with heavy cream. I like it when we cook things in the kitchen together.

I saw the surgeon yesterday, and he tells me I had a skin infection, but the lumpectomy itself is not infected, just slow to heal. It's been going on three weeks since the surgery and it's still draining, etc. Ugh. Tired of this whole routine, you know? I will start radiation in March. Something else to look forward to.

How is Verleen? I haven't seen anything more about her, other than comments that others are praying for her. I will continue to do so too.

Have to head out of town tomorrow, about a 1.5 hour drive, to do an all-day hearing, and then home again. Ugh. But, Friday I work a whole hour, so I won't complain. Added bonus -- I have Monday off. So, life is good.

Waving hi to everyone!
Old 02-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #16

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/144/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Finally getting here, a busy few days but all is good.

Doris, These treatments days will soon come to an end. Hang in there dear friend.

Oh MaryT, so sorry you are going thru all that stuff. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I was stuck for a while and now things are progressing daily. What a great work week you have.

Oh Loretta, you sound so drained, all the driving back and forth and the stress of everything has probably worn you down dear friend.

Oh yikes Linda, the flu bug again, you poor thing.

Lainey, hope you enjoyed your 'soup' n grilled cheese, comfort food huh?

Louise, I agree, at this time of year I wish I lived somewhere warm too.
Enjoy your little project there. Now that alpaca scarf will be a warm addition.

HOME Babette, glad you arrived safely back with us. I bet Red and Blue are glad to be home too.

Oh Mary, darn that script cancellation and only one pill taken. Hold on to the pills just in case this month is a bit rocky and he wants you back on them. Always good to have a back up huh?

Gladys, sorry to hear you are having wet weather in your neck of the woods. Only 36 days to Spring!

Waving to ALL and hope to BBT...
Still lots of white stuff up here.