LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
TUESDAY'S ROLL CALL, Feb. 11

Quickly posting for Tuesday's chit chat, too busy today with babysitting and etc., lol, plus watching Olympics to even read much online.........

to those under the weather.....................and safe travels to anyone, there is black ice out there right now, sirens going, son says he slid many times on the way back to his house.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2014, 08:36 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Made it to Washington state!

Arrived to an almost deserted campground with a half foot of snow/slush. Took John a half hour of poking around in the mess to find the sewer hookup.

Went out to dinner early which was good because just minutes after we waded through the half foot of slush to get from the car back to the motor home, it started to pour.

So we are wet from the ankles down, out of clean clothes, and hope the slush doesn't re freeze overnight, or we will be like the wooly mammoths preserved for eternity in the ice and never get home!

This certainly has been the vacation from Hades.....except for meeting Mary....
Old 02-10-2014, 09:03 PM   #3

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thanks for the start off yet again Doris. LOL You are sure busy with babysitting and enjoying that family.

Babette, Relax and enjoy the adventure. You two are retired and should just kick back and enjoy what comes your way. Just make the best of it.

Not heading into the home town for a few days since it's too damned cold. We will see what the week offers.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:33 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
holding my place for tomorrow.
brrrr- kivvers are warm and waiting.
bbt
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:11 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Marking my spot, too. Thanks for making me an exception, Babette...sure wish it were better for you but glad you made it to your home state...may it get better for you guys....fast!

Susan, watched the Beatles tribute and was happy I did...makes me glad I did catch their original appearance....50 years ago.

Sleep tight all...catch ya on the flip-flop...
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:51 AM   #6

Begete, I'm glad you are finally back in your home state, at least. How are your felines doing?

Linda, glad you are staying put for the time being, and not on the roads to visit, when it's bad out there.

Mary, did you see the Beatles in So Cal, or somewhere else? I'll never forget seeing them, still have old slides with pictures, lol, and the tickets were an outrageous $6.50!!

Good Morning, Lainey!

I'm worrying about Verleen........

Off to fix dh's food and get the heck onto the roads, some ice and accidents, but here and there, but still wearing my winter shoes with studs. dh sees the doctor today, he has some swelling that needs to be looked at.

Pleasant day, if you can make it work, friends!

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 02-11-2014, 06:33 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Good morning. I'm sitting here trying to decide whether to eat breakfast at home or go out to eat it. Hmmmm, decisions, decisions.
Yesterday, did a bunch of errands and today will do a few more. Last night, we had so many people at our street dinner. It's such a little street but more and more guests from other streets here are attending. They come once and have such a great time that they come every month. Lots of laughs and kidding around.
My calendar for February is filling up. My next door neighbor is having her annual party and everyone who plays the organ entertains and we have a sing along. Then the singles club is having a dinner meeting. Also, going to a really rustic type place way out in the boonies for dinner with another group. Last but not least, the annual beautiful spaghetti dinner. I am sorry I missed another affair last week, no charge. I'm always sorry when I don't go.
Do any of you have your car waxed? A relative of a neighbor says I should have it done. He says he would do it, I don't know if he means at no charge or not. HELP..
Old 02-11-2014, 06:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Do any of you have your car waxed? A relative of a neighbor says I should have it done.
At least once a month when I have t he car washed at Magic Car Wash. It helps preserve the finish.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:20 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Good Morning! Begete-you sure ran into some interesting weather and road conditions on your trip.

We had about six inches of snow fall yesterday afternoon here in Eastern Washington. Woke up today to warmer temps, sunshine, and the great melt is happening. Rain or snow in the forecast for the afternoon. snow in the mountains for sure.

One grandson home with queasy stomach issues. Hope queasy is as bad as it is going to be!

You all take care, stay warm!

Joni
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
He's in my carport doing it now. Linda, do you mind telling me how much it costs you to have it done? He says he'll do it again next winter when he comes down....lol, lol.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:56 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
About 10 miles north of Kelso, WA there wasn't a trace of snow!

Last night we ate dinner at a Red Lobster. this was always John's mother's favorite restaurant and we always used to take her there. I remember liking it, too, but we haven't been there in the 15 years since she died. We both thought it was extremely mediocre to bad for such high prices.

The boys are still with us, and we all hope to be home in a few hours.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #12

Begete, hope you arrive safely at your "home sweet home" soon! Red Lobster is one of those restaurants that is on the endangered list to fail, owned by the same company that owns Olive Garden, also in danger of failure, and TGIF is in danger, Hooters is, too..........too many restaurants around.

Julie, you sound like you have a full dance card, living there where you do!! At least you aren't having to just "sit around" and waiting for the phone to ring, . Good going!!

Need to spend time on here ordering dh's meds and new checks, on and on...time consuming stuff.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:33 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2001MaryT
Stats: 320/234/175
WOE: low carb
Start Date: August 2013
Hello to all!

We are melting here in Eastern Washington, and I am glad! I went to work and the claimant didn't show, so now I'm back in my warm house! I like days when I get full pay and do nothing. LOL

Begete, we ate at Red Lobster for my birthday, and I remember it as tasting better before. My lobster wasn't bad, but not as good as my memory.
Glad you're back in Washington. I've enjoyed reading about your trip.

I hope Verleen is okay!

Seeing the surgeon today. I think the antibiotics are starting to work. Not as red and sore today as the breast was this weekend. Will be glad when I start radiation, so I can get it over with, and also -- starting to see some gray, frizzy hair coming in.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 02-11-2014, 01:49 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey y'all...glad to see some folks are beginning to lose their share of the cold stuff...hope it continues.

I slept very poorly last night so, of course, I had little time to get everything done before leaving for the FHC this morning...just the staff there today, no members coming in to use the 'puters. So many people are working on their family history at home not like so many years ago when the center was fairly full every day. Oh well, such is progress! I was able to work on my class a bit so time was note wasted.

Now I'm waiting for the sister missionaries to come for my lesson with them...I broached a question yesterday and I hope they have an answer for me.

Mary T, sure hope the healing continues...and the hair growing, too.

Babette. so happy you'll be at home tonight and in your bed....hooray! The fur kids will be happy to stop moving, too. The Red Lobster restaurant in Tokyo helped me maintain my sanity while I was there as it was a taste of home; although they did have some dishes unique to the Japan. As was TGIF when I was in Seoul. But my first visit to one after I returned was a turn-off and I rarely go. Frequently I'll stop at RL when I go to Loma Linda as we have no good fish restaurant in town, except for the catfish place which is very good. There is a very good restaurant in Riverside, Market Broiler, which is really excellent...they even have a shop where you can buy the raw stuff.

Doris, sorry if I confused you...I never saw the Beatles live, I was speaking of watching their appearance on The Show of Shows. I didn't catch Beatle mania until I started in broadcasting and had to play their music...I got really hooked then. The same with Elvis; didn't like him in the early days.

It's almost time for my lesson, so I'll close for now...bbl if I can.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Old 02-11-2014, 05:12 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Wow! Just heard on the news...Shirley Temple Black passed away today. Another of the great ones gone...but, of course, she's been out of the public eye for some time, but it's still surprising. Seems like some of the great ones we don't think about until their death. They seem to stay out of the news, not like the younger generation's idols. Oh well, RIP Shirley.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocali View Post
He's in my carport doing it now. Linda, do you mind telling me how much it costs you to have it done? He says he'll do it again next winter when he comes down....lol, lol.
Not at all Julie, Run it through one of the Car Washes where they guys do a few things before it goes through and it's about $15. Max. For a hand wax, maybe $25, unless you get a full "detail". I do that once or twice a year.

Too bad about Red Lobster on the "could fail" list. There are so few sea food places around.

Happy you are almost home, Babette. You , John and the cats will feel better there.

Yes Mary, sad about Shirley Temple, but she was 85, and we all only have so many years here on earth.

MaryT, nice that you are home and warm and to hear t he antibiotics are working.

Hi ya Doris, Hope you get those pesky on line chores done. Reminds me I need to order more checks.