LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 08:18 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SATURDAY'S Roll CALL, Feb. 1

Barely had time to check online today, friends, hopefully Saturday will allow more reading and browsing.

See yah Saturday AM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1557617_738260689540491_283681288_n.jpg (19.7 KB, 0 views)
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: newmann
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1-17-14......Again!
Hello. you seem to be in charge in this group. I have a question but don't know where to ask it. I just posted (first time ever) on the Golden Years forum and can't find my post to see if I have any replies. Are posts removed or just moved after a period of time? I am looking forward to the support. By the way....these posts don't appear on facebook, do they? I have been burned and don't want it to happen again. Thank you for your help. Newmann
newmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:19 PM   #3

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thanks for the start off again Doris.

Hi and Welcome Newman, LOL Doris does appear to be in charge because she seems to post more than most of us here.

As for your other post, It is here on the Golden. You just have to check mark the "instant email notification" in the additional option area for notifications, but if you scroll down, you should be able to find it. found it and will post the link

Starting Again

Last edited by LoveMontana; 01-31-2014 at 09:24 PM..
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:27 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Marking my spot for the morning...Welcome, Newman, hope you stick around long enough for you to get to know us and we you..we're a good group giving support to each other as we make our way through this life.

C U all in the morning.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:48 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey y'all...posted this over on the What are you reading thread, but wanted to put it here for all those who don't check it out. I really think this will become a favorite of mine, particularly this summer.

A note to all who have the Kindle or a Kindle app for one of your devices...I picked up a couple of freebies today on the Amazon site for the Daniel Fast. Don't know if you've heard of it, but at one church someplace the pastor decided to challenge his members to lose weight. He saw his congregation growing and not the way he wanted.

He's been on a lot of TV shows recently talking about the success of his plan which is eating the way Daniel did in the old testament...he'd been sent to Babylonia and decided he couldn't eat their way. So, he developed his own diet congruent with the kosher laws of the day...mainly fruit, vegetables, grains, and legumes...no meat, or meat products to include dairy because they were slaughtering the animals as tribute to their gods.

I'm only posting this because some of the recipes in Daniel Fast Cookbook by John C. Cary are excellent and, as I said, the book is free for Kindle or their apps. I particularly want to try the soups and salads, but the fruit filled squash in the appetizer section looks like a winner. Good recipes for some of those "meatless Monday" meals I want to try.

Hope you'll forgive me for double posting, but if you're looking for meatless meals, this could be a keeper.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Old 02-01-2014, 06:12 AM   #6

Howdy, newman, yippee, you found your way back Linda gave a good explanation, just come back to these same threads each day, many of us post at least once a day, depending on time and if anything is going on in our lives

Mary, are you getting anything from the recent little storms passing over Calif or did they miss you completely? Did you get your refrigerator installed as planned? Nope, I'm tossing recipes now, and, unless I can take recipes into the next life, made a deal with myself to not acquire any more of them, lol, no matter what kind. Have a Hoosier cabinet with 2 drawers full of recipes, unused after probably 40 years. Did your niece come to help clean up?

Linda, hope to see you on the other side, are those Amish farmers market open now, with anything special?

Off to get busy........waving at everyone.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 02-01-2014, 06:56 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Morning,
Had some nice crabs and a great salad last night.The slots were not nice,guess they are mad at me cause I have not been going other than Fri.night.
Ugly winter weather looking day,but a lot warmer.
Had a pipe break away from the faucet and flood the bird barn,what a mess.With my back hurting it will take me a long time to clean up.DH can't help at all.
Welcome to Newman,it takes a while to get to know everyone,at first I had to keep notes on who was who.lol
Does anyone keep in touch with Katy 4 Him(Walters)?
BBL
Old 02-01-2014, 07:25 AM   #8

Gladys, she is on Facebook, just type in her name.............
Old 02-01-2014, 08:09 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all...sunny today and chilly tamale (old joke, should be hot tamale). Guess I like some of the old jokes the best. The weather channel app is showing the temp at 36 degrees, so it's staying cool overnight.

Doris, I didn't even get my car spotted from the last rainfall. Some areas got a good downfall, like Yucaipa, but others and the official rain gauge downtown, got only a trace. A bit of snow in the mountains, but Mammoth got over a foot. We've another push coming in tomorrow, so we're still hoping. Especially my friend who wants to show the city how much water floods her neighborhood. So again I say, We'll see.

I posted my whine about yesterday's hectic day on Friday's thread. In case you don't go back, I had the fridge installed, finally got everything I could into it. I'm still surprised when I walked into the kitchen this morning and this huge stainless steel monster sits where the white one used to be. Strangely enough to me was that the stainless was cheaper than the same model in white...go figure. Also surprising this one is a just a tad wider, deeper and higher, but the fridge side is narrower and not as deep as my old one. Of course, the difference is that the freezer side is wider than the old. Problems getting everything back in the fridge, but extra room in the freezer.

I've only a few things planned for today like laundry, study a couple of topics, and pick up my lost software from the 'puter store. Got the call yesterday they had recovered it but I was too busy yesterday to pick it up...hope it's still there when I go in today.

I'm not posting my monthly weight until tomorrow morning...want to give me one more down day to see if I can get into the next lower decade. So wish my luck with that. Yesterday's weigh in showed a one pound loss for the month, so that's a success anyway...but I didn't do the measuring as I was flying too low to do so.

I wish our ailing friends a good day with improvement, the friends who are under the cold front lots of warmth and everyone a great day...hugs for all and good vibrations making your day a great one...

Last edited by Mssarge; 02-01-2014 at 08:10 AM..
Old 02-01-2014, 08:10 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning. John and I have decided to head home either Monday or Tuesday. Living in the motor home with the boys is simply not the relaxing vacation we were hoping for.

Plus it is expensive. Most resort type RV parks are well over $50.00 per night, some as high as $90 with tax. For that amount, plus gas costing us $100 per day while moving, we could have had a nice relaxing cruise with all meals included!

So home we will go, and from now on we will use the RV for short trips, and probably board the cats while we are gone.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Hi Everybody,

Just checking in to say hello! I've made it back from the first round of errands (dry cleaners, grocery store) and am waiting for the refrigerator guy to come. Mary got me thinking that it was about that time of they year when I should schedule the annual service appointment. Will try and work on the taxes while I wait for them to arrive.

Hope you all enjoy your day - take care of yourselves,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #12

Mary, I'm glad you finally got that new fridge and freezer, yahoo!! Have to change your storage habits, my fridge is different inside, used to have a Amana with the bottom freezer and the top had a lot more room, but had to make this work, because of dh's boxes of insulin pens and stuff inside. How nice to have a new appliance though and you need it, because of the meals you make for others. So you didn't get anything but a spit of rain, dang it, you are right, the farmers are hurting, and we consumers will be next.

Begete, what does Gabe think about the motor home, would he like to travel like that?

Trying to do laundry, and update this lap top, had let the battery run way down low, forgot about it, actually. Going to fix dh his duck for supper, hoping he will feel better after that meal.

Hoping our sick friends are ok, improving, etc.