LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 07:44 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
THURSDAY's Roll CALL, Jan. 23

I'm cold, and we don't have half the nasty weather that most of the northeast people have, and mid west, Canada, etc. Cold hands here............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001_edited-1.jpg (99.1 KB, 5 views)
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2014, 09:22 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Freezing my butt off and ready for bed in a few minutes, but wanted to mark my spot for Thurs.

Thanks for the start off again Doris. Hope you aren't too cold.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:01 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Hi from here in the desert where today it was so hot we had the air conditioning on in the RV. The forecast is for cooler weather coming. I wonder what it would be like getting out of the hot spring fed pools into 60 degrees instead of the 80's we have been having. I guess we will find out.

Mary, I meant to ask why the elders cannot come inside your house but you can barbecue outside? I hope I am not being rude, but I am always curious about other's customs.

Tomorrow, DH and I will go into Palm Springs. Need my fix of Jewish food at Sherman's deli and Thursday nights there is a big street fair/farmers/craft market we always enjoy.

Linda, why don't you snowbird south in the winter in your RV?

Doris, how is DH's ear?

Gladys, please send Alyssa to Whidbey Island. We are overrun with deer.

Have a good one everybody.

Last edited by Begete; 01-22-2014 at 10:03 PM..
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:46 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Never been so sick as all night long last night.

The entire "really severe" flu pannel with raging bladder symptoms and constipation (?) plus a truly debilitating migraine headache. I finally finished vomiting/dry heaves and was able to at least leave the bathroom and just make hourly visits the rest of the night and this morning. At last this morning I got my Janumet and a Percocet down and feel well enough to cancel my hair wash and tomorrows Gastro appt. Had to skip the thyroid's meds as that would have brouht back the dry heaves. I know this is TMI but you guys really do help me when I feel so alone (Mary Ann is sicker than I am).
Gonna skip 3/4 of my coffee as I am afraid that will invite the nausea back as well.
aaauuuuuu I am so sick so back to bed- Aunt Jane is on the bed already but I got to call Ms. SuSun to come in- Thank G*d I got them their breakfast. That headache is punching through the percocet.... I am just dying here.
If I live I'll bbl.
Elaine

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:51 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aitch
Stats: 200/196/130ish
WOE: Paleo-ish
Start Date: Many moons ago.........
Oh no! Get well soon Lainey. Don't forget to drink plenty of water. Just rest as much as you can.
Aitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:10 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Lainey, hope the bug doesn't keep you down and you're feeling better

Good morning all...cooler (35 degrees) and cloudy for the day (so the x-spurts say) but no rain expected...sigh! Keep hoping for some so the desert will bloom for Begete's visit. My sleep patterns are definitely changing back to making me a morning person. Lots of energy, so c'mon SIRT's Hope the weight loss is not too far behind as I've only a week to log one...so far, I'm holding at my monthly opening weight. I didn't make a "loo" break until about 5:30, more about that in a minute, went back to bed and tried to catch some more winks...not to be.

I woke up this morning just as a very pleasant dream was starting to turn into a terrifying one, so it was a very good thing. My dream was about some friends I haven't seen in over 30 years and it was in a far different place with which I associate them. I met them in Japan and, as far as I know, they still live there...an Air Force MSgt, one of my dorm mates, married a Japanese lady and promised the parents he would never move her out of the country. Anyway, the dream had us working together somewhere here in the States and I was returning to their farm with plants and a young calf, when the clouds started clabbering up. Just before I woke up, three funnel clouds were developing right over us and I knew they would combine to make one super tornado. So glad my bladder woke me up right then...whew!

Our warm weather and drought are waking the bears early and boy! are they grouchy. Coming down out of the mountains into our most rural cities looking for food as there's none in their bailiwick. You'll probably see the one on the ski slope at Arrowhead as it's making all our local casts. If the bears are coming out, that means other varmints are not too far behind. Begete, you guys watch out for rattlers as I'm sure their nests are hatching early, too.

Also, Begete, I posted about the funeral potatoes which are a form of 'scalloped potatoes. As to the questions about why the elders cannot come into my house but we can meet on the patio is really simple. Most of the missionaries (or a lot of them) serve in foreign countries that may have stricter rules about young men meeting young ladies and so it would be inappropriate for them to meet them alone...same rules within the States. The first time they visited me, when I asked them into the house, they asked if anyone else was in the house. When I said no, they apologized and explained this rule. I asked if they could meet with me on the patio, so we met there for a few weeks. Outside is safe for them and me so went the evenings are warmer we'll be able to eat there...hope that explains it. Looking forward to meeting you next week.

Doris, and all my Texican friends here and otherwise, hunker down. I understand this is the worst storm for you (Houston, at least) in over three years...so welcome to Texas, Doris. I think they ordered this weather just for you.

Guess I'd better get moving on the rest of my morning rituals...so will check back with all y'all later...have a great day, folks, and I hope great things come your way.

Maybe I'll start wishing you all have something new come into your life. Something I heard yesterday is that when we do/learn/move a new thing, it increases the dopamine within the brain...Anything New adds sparkle to your life...so may you do/learn/move something new today.

p.s. Finished this just in time, as the sun is peeking over the hills, houses and trees and shining through my back door curtain...creating sunspots on my screen...just had to add that...good day, folks.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 01-23-2014 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: add p.s.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:27 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lainey, hope the bug doesn't keep you down and you're feeling better

Good morning all...cooler (35 degrees) and cloudy for the day (so the x-spurts say) but no rain expected...sigh! Keep hoping for some so the desert will bloom for Begete's visit. My sleep patterns are definitely changing back to making me a morning person. Lots of energy, so c'mon SIRT's Hope the weight loss is not too far behind as I've only a week to log one...so far, I'm holding at my monthly opening weight. I didn't make a "loo" break until about 5:30, more about that in a minute, went back to bed and tried to catch some more winks...not to be.

I woke up this morning just as a very pleasant dream was starting to turn into a terrifying one, so it was a very good thing. My dream was about some friends I haven't seen in over 30 years and it was in a far different place with which I associate them. I met them in Japan and, as far as I know, they still live there...an Air Force MSgt, one of my dorm mates, married a Japanese lady and promised the parents he would never move her out of the country. Anyway, the dream had us working together somewhere here in the States and I was returning to their farm with plants and a young calf, when the clouds started clabbering up. Just before I woke up, three funnel clouds started were developing right over us and I knew they would combine to make one super tornado. So glad my bladder woke me up right then...whew!

Our warm weather and drought are waking the bears early and boy! are they grouchy. Coming down out of the mountains into our most rural cities looking for food as there's none in their bailiwick. You'll probably see the one on the ski slope at Arrowhead as it's making all our local casts. If the bears are coming out, that means other varmints are not too far behind. Begete, you guys watch out for rattlers as I'm sure their nests are hatching early, too.

Also, Begete, I posted about the funeral potatoes which are a form of 'scalloped potatoes. As to the questions about why the elders cannot come into my house but we can meet on the patio is really simple. Most of the missionaries (or a lot of them) serve in foreign countries that may have stricter rules about young men meeting young ladies and so it would be inappropriate for them to meet them alone...same rules within the States. The first time they visited me, when I asked them into the house, they asked if anyone else was in the house. When I said no, they apologized and explained this rule. I asked if they could meet with me on the patio, so we met there for a few weeks. Outside is safe for them and me so went the evenings are warmer we'll be able to eat there...hope that explains it. Looking forward to meeting you next week.

Doris, and all my Texican friends here and otherwise, hunker down. I understand this is the worst storm for you (Houston, at least) in over three years...so welcome to Texas, Doris. I think they ordered this weather just for you.

Guess I'd better get moving on the rest of my morning rituals...so will check back with all y'all later...have a great day, folks, and I hope great things come your way.

Maybe I'll start wishing you all have something new come into your life. Something I heard yesterday is that when we do/learn/move a new thing, it increases the dopamine within the brain...Anything New adds sparkle to your life...so may you do/learn/move something new today.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

For some reason, I can review/edit better after I've posted and I've come back to edit this a couple of times, but I'm too late...over 15 minutes after posting...sigh!

Anyway, so in the above- "went the evenings..." read "...when the evenings"...sigh! fat fingers (or fat brain).

I also tried to add a p.s. I heard yesterday something that made me perk up...when we do something new...work the brain in a different way, by learning something new, moving in a different way (like side stepping, or walking backwards), or experience something new (the reason why a lot of folks go shopping and pick up something new.) the brain puts out more dopamine...thus, something new adds sparkle to your life. So, I wish new things come your way.

Double sigh!!! Okay so it wouldn't let me correct it, but it posted it twice...sorry. One way to start the day with a laugh...have a gud'un.

Last edited by Mssarge; 01-23-2014 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: add another p.s.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #9

Come on, SPRING, can't remember being this cold in my whole entire life, including being in a blizzard and 10 degrees below zero in California. This Texas wind is a bummer, lol.

Many of us must be out, living life today!!

Or under the weather
Old 01-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
still feeling rotten... 99ish temp which is just enough to feel miserable- took a 300 something mg coated asprin.
gonna watch "Reign" at 9: on the CW channel 7 and Big Bang and another one at 8: and 8:30 hope I can make it but I dunno.
shoot, thawed Ms. SuSun's shrimp so I got to cook that before goin to bed. She runs a tiht ship.
Thanks for the "well" wishes everyone.
bbl or t
lainey
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the daffodils, Doris, that's my spring omen...only saw crocus one time peeking through the snow. I know the feeling well of moving into a place and realizing that I had never been as cold...mine, tho', was New York, West Point on the Hudson. Everything was grey walls, grey skies, and grey uniforms with the wind whistlin' off the river. I know how difficult those plains' winds can be...there is no getting used to them, tho'. I recommend not going out of the house without some type a windbreaker, even when you feel ridiculous carrying a jacket.

Everyone must be busy today...type ya later

Last edited by Mssarge; 01-23-2014 at 04:58 PM..
Old 01-23-2014, 05:25 PM   #12

I wore my warmest jacket from when we lived in the mountains, Mary, anything less and I would really have froze, dh wore knit cap over his ears, he never wore that when we lived in Calif., and gloves, lol. Little Silas had on 2 jackets when we picked him up from school.

Lainey, hope you feel better and can get some sleep tonight!
Old 01-23-2014, 05:30 PM   #13

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/144/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Just getting here.
Yes Doris, You are Right! This has and still is the coldest Winter. Brrrr!

Linda, I can stay at DS's even when he is not there. I am contemplating inviting a friend down to spend time with me while he is in Europe. Lots of willing Ladies up here. Ha!
It is just the logistics of the dog travelling with me and someone to carry the dog basket for me right now while I am still healing. Those chest muscles take a while to heal.
Hope you guys are keeping warm in your neck of the woods.

Mary, not to worry about the double post. We all enjoy your happenings twice even. Ha! Thank You for sharing that info on learning 'something new'. I think it is so healthy for our brain connections.
I will tell DD that next time she is shopping for new clothes at the Mall. Somehow, I don't think she will be listening to me, she will be more interested in getting her dopamine fix.

Oh Lainey, I sure hope that you are over your bout of sickness and pain. That would have been a rough time for You.

Waving to ALL and hope to bbt...
Old 01-23-2014, 05:34 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Whew! It took 2 hours to get home tonight - very slow going on the highways. Pretty steady sleet and freezing rain. At least the knuckleheads were driving slowly for once! I've already told them I won't be in tomorrow - I've got plenty of comp time I can use. It's only going to be an inch of ice/snow, but why risk it - right?

Take care of yourselves everyone - Sending a hug to Lainey!
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:49 PM   #15

Michele, glad we didn't get all that junk, but SORRY that YOU did!!! Glad you are home, safe, and will Stay home tomorrow!

Susan, I do hope you pick a friend to travel with you, quickly, and get yourself down to Florida!!!

Good Night, starting tomorrow's post in a short while, due to dh wanting to go to bed early, and not have me shining the flashlight in his face when I come in too late later on, lol.