Old 01-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SUNDAY'S ROLL Call, JAN. 19

for those of us ailing, in any way.

Sending safe travel signals for several of us out on the roads at all hours of the day and night!

Starting this early again, going to watch boxing with dh , enjoying while we can, is the thinking in this house.

See you in the morning!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2014, 10:16 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Again Doris, thanks again for starting us off.
Enjoy that boxing on TV.

Nothing new here. Been pretty busy today , but hope to sleep in tomorrow and then do some shopping for BD cards for FEB birthdays. Then some grocery shopping if the weather is OK.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:22 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good morning everyone,

After church this morning, I'm going to stop off at Sprouts and then take the pup to the park - it's supposed to be another pretty afternoon here. Then I'm going to work on my meal plan for the week because this is finally the week when I get back on track.

Don't forget Downton is on tonight and I think the new Sherlock too! If you enjoy these things.

I hope Babette's travels are going smoothly.

Waving to all - Enjoy your day folks!

Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:11 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...I think I'm making the switch back to an early-morning person. The SIRTs must be kicking in again as I'm sleeping well but stirring early (for me) and getting up before the sun (well most days). Still waiting for that excess energy surge some get on the JUDDD woe. His new book is out and they tell me it's a lot better than the original, but I'm finding it difficult to find the time to finish...oh well, I'll get my life settled down soon. At least I think I'm getting more organized. But it could be just the high temps and sunny days. It was 83 degrees while I was running around yesterday and going up there again today.

Thanks for the start, Doris, hope you enjoyed the time with the DH. I'm getting ready for NASCAR season to start and am looking forward to it as of all the sports that was my DH's favorite. I do watch that not only because I enjoy the competition, but it does seem to keep his memory close. (sentence kind of unwieldy but I'm sure you get my drift)

My church is having the area conference this weekend which started with a service last night and the church filled up very good but nothing like it will today. It's kind of exciting to be a part of something so large although I usually stay away from large crowds. If I'm not careful I'll be going to the L.A. Coliseum for the Walk against Brest Cancer in May; over 50,000 people in one area is a bit overwhelming, but a great experience. We've been supporting a team for 18 years and I've not gone for the last five or six. It's only a 5k but on really flat land, so very easy to do.

I've the DVR set to record Downton Abby tonight but last week didn't see that the new Sherlock was following it. I hope they repeat last week's show so I can get it, too. I discovered the mystery genre in books quite young and ACDoyle was my favorite and have read/watched anything that came down the pike that had to do with 221 Baker Street.

Sending warm thoughts to all my friends, and healing vibes to those who need it and hope you are getting better. Safe travels for all on the roads today and know that my feet are itching to hit the road myself (I love traveling be it by train, plane, boat or car...wish I could get as excited about walking) Have a great day folks and will be back later (probably much later as it's a busy day, including taking N and her girls home after they tear the place apart today....hugs to all.

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 01-19-2014 at 08:15 AM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:17 AM   #5

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Good Sunday All,

Thanks Doris for our push out the door again. Did you 'enjoy' the boxing last night?

Thanks for the reminders for the shows tonight Michele. I do have my recorder set. Sorry you had to endure those frigid temps so far South. Yes the slightest wind at cold temps really does make it uncomfortable. I bet your pooch was happy to see you.

Babette, loving the pics of the boys and using you are a perch no less.

Linda, hope you managed to get some sleep you will need some energy to get round the shops. I went out yesterday for 3 hours and the twinges are back, so back to the pain meds.

Mary, Great going on that responsibility. You must be revered to be chosen. Well Done!
Wow, Mary that 5K walk will be a challenge. Good for you!
I had recorded Sherlock but deleted it last night as I had way too many shows on there. So I will have missed the first one too.

Wishing All a Peaceful Sunday and hope to check bbl...
Old 01-19-2014, 09:20 AM   #6

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
On my way out to do a bit of grocery shopping but checked my e mail first and found this from Lainey. Thank heavens she is OK.

Quote:

Today at 10:07 AM

I am OK and have not been using the computer at all lately- well,
maybe a fast lurk at the goldens a couple of time per week. I
mistakenly hit a clear button and lost all my plug ins and cannot get
them back even trying to download new ones.... has just disgusted me
completely. Also I finally after 3 months of a on & off break of a 11
year smoking quit have finally been able to put them down for good
since New Years Day. For me that means laying low and letting time
pass for enough time that I can stay quit. 3 weeks in 2 days is a
huge milestone! I still want them but am able to flip them the little
birdie now.... 3 months is the biggest time period for me for a
quit.... EASTER- will mean freedom at last again. I have gained about
10 pounds and am now able to re-start my low carb, fat, and portions
control with the even day UP DAY and odd day DOWN DAY which really
suits my personality so well.
Feel free to paste this to the Goldens site- (I tried but did not know
how to get it to go on).... just about nothing works on this thing
anymore and there is no money for any help.
THANKS EVERYONE FOR CONCERN.... HOPE TO BE BACK SOON- FOCUS ON
MYSELF- HOUSEWORK/YARD AND LOVING MY TWO KITTIES- AUNT JANE & MS. SUSUN.
Thanks again Linds.
Elaine
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:23 AM   #7

Wishing everyone a great day, or a restful one, depending (have to be politically correct, lol).

Linda, I was doing some card shopping last week, had a coupon at Hallmark that had to be used or lost. Yes, dh and I enjoyed the boxing last night, lasted until after 11 pm.

Michele, feels good to be back home, How is your doggie?

Mary, you are right about the sports watching, or whatever, dh and I watch boxing together for the same reason, when he was dying, several years ago, watching tv together was all we could do, and it sort of keeps us entwined, and I can imagine the feeling you have watching what you watched and enjoyed with your husband, too, keeps memories alive. I also watched boxing with my father when I was a little girl, it was fun and good memories.

Oh Mary, what you told Begete about that I-5 is STILL correct, it is a long, boring highway, and if you don't have satellite radio in your vehicle, you will really need to sing and yap to stay awake! It has not changed, there are only a few more truck stops along the way, and several more motels, mostly catering to truck drivers. We tried it again twice in the last 2 yrs., and still prefer good old 99, where you have plenty of places to stop for bathroom breaks, and rest stop places.

The kids are coming later today, dh is going to grill bratwurst while he still feels up to that.

Hoping to hear from Verleen and Louise, and see how they are faring. Being ill is such a drain on the person and their family, also.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:24 AM   #8

Glad to hear that Lainey is doing okay.

Thanks for posting Linda.
SuSUN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:29 AM   #9

Good to hear Lainey is ok, last time I saw her last week, was liking some guy on Facebook, but she hasn't posted anything there is several weeks. Computers are the bane of our existence though, at various times.

Susan, sorry you have some pain back, and thankful you have the meds right there with you.

Looking forward to more pictures from Begete and her crew!! Would make a good album.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:48 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aitch
Stats: 200/196/130ish
WOE: Paleo-ish
Start Date: Many moons ago.........
Hi all. I hope everyone is well and enjoying the weekend.
I wandered around a carboot sale this morning. It was huge. I did find some books I had been wanting to read and some plants so, after a very long walk, I came away happy. Does anyone else like carboot sales?
When I got home the dogs were behaving as if they had never been walked in their lives so I then walked them across for the fields for an hour. The youngest one is only 9 months old so she needs a lot of exercise.
Then I got some gardening done and I am finally sitting down while the meat cooks for my dinner.
I just seem to have so much energy these days. I have no idea why but I intend to make full use of it.
I love the new Sherlock. It finished last week here. Absolutely brilliant as usual.

Last edited by Aitch; 01-19-2014 at 09:51 AM..
Aitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
HEY DORIS, I HAVE NOT GONE TO FACE BOOK IN WEEKS AND THEN ONLY TO GO TO ANNE. I HAVE NEVER, EVER LIKED "ANY GUY" ON FACE BOOK EVER, EVER, EVER! I AM GOING THERE NOW TO LOOK FOR THAT! I am very angry about this. I deleted face book some time ago so I hope I can get back on.
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:32 AM   #12

It's a guy named Raymond, maybe someone else friended him for you, when you weren't looking?

I just checked, his picture is under "Recent Activity", because it was from last week. Does someone else know your passwords and can get into your account?

Last edited by mykneesareback; 01-19-2014 at 10:37 AM..
Old 01-19-2014, 10:52 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aitch
Stats: 200/196/130ish
WOE: Paleo-ish
Start Date: Many moons ago.........
I'm so glad I don't use facebook!
Aitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:03 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

ARRRRRH!

just spent an hour trying to figure out how at facebook to et the hell off facebook forever. A shame as about 5 nieces and nephews and Beete and Ann and Linda I would love to keep on there but the over 100 people I never heard of I WANT OFF NOW!!!!! I hate facebook and rue the day I got on there. I am descreet by nature- and despise anybody chatting away anywhere about me and where I have been and what I am doing... ONE BEAUTY OF THE GOLDENS I FELT WE WERE VERY CLOSE KNIT AND MOSTLY KEPT EACH OTHERS RESPONSES TO OURSELVES ABOUT OUR LIVES. I never want to give up the Goldens but I do not like anywhere else on this damn computer.... sheesh, I am ready to give up the computer itself.
Face book said I could hover over a person's timeline pic and delete it that way- NOT SO I hovered like a fool forever and nothing happened. ANY IDEAS I WILL TRY.
THANKS, e.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:20 PM   #15

Did you find out who clicked on that guys site to friend him, Lainey? Everyone on here was asking about you, I simply went on your page last week, and it popped up with a photo of the man, saying he was "friended" by you, like 20 min. before that.............so, I surmised that you were ok, not in some hospital somewhere, just taking a break from the board, as you mentioned you wanted to do lately. Anyone you have on your list can look at your page, for heaven's sakes. And no, I don't know how to get off of facebook, I know there are several steps that have to be taken, it's not a "one click" deal.

Type in on your SEARCH slot, getting out of your Facebook account, there are several links there that show you how to do it, takes several steps!!!

The people you haven't heard of are the friends of people you have "friended", that is how it works unless you take time to click them away.

Last edited by mykneesareback; 01-19-2014 at 12:28 PM..
Old 01-19-2014, 01:35 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Doris. I did the search engine thingy but no go. I just want to get off somehow. On all the people wanting to BE friended only the first one lets you delete them and all the rest just sit there.... stupid facebook! The "hover" over the time line pic should work but it doesn't.
The largest part of the reason I been laying low is the no smoking puts me in a nasty mood- I am way better now so you can only imagine what the first weeks were like. I only do "cold turkey" and the only thing I can do cold turkey IS COLD TURKEY! After the 3 month I should be up and running and waaay lihter with a lot of weight off as well- come on EASTER!
Cannot wait for Downton Abby tonight- lips zipped of course- will go to the Downton Abby thread to whine about things that are going on.
I'll be coming back in soon. Thanks everyone.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #17

Lainey, just click Delete Facebook. Permanent Account Deletion. and it's the official area to delete your account, it's also where people delete people who have passed away's account, to get rid of it permanently.

It feels like Spring here today, too bad we can't go anywhere, the crowds means a person could catch that dreaded FLU, which has prevailed in the Dallas area, over 40 people had died from it already.

Is it nice in Austin, Michele?
Old 01-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012

Lainey, You're back....I know you said you were going off-line for a while, but we missed you and are happy you've decided to check in occasionally.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:15 PM   #19

Lainey, Hover over the other person's timeline and a menu will pop down then right at the bottom it says unfriend.

Glad to have YOU back with us.
SuSUN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Spent over 6 hours on that long,boring highway today. We are in Lodi, and had our first ever Carl's burger. Yuk. They make Big Macs look like gourmet cooking.

John is watching football, and it am going to try to watch Downton Abbey on my ipad. I have Red in my lap. He has Blue.

Today, the boys cried for over an hour in their playpen so we hooked them up to their harnesses and leashes, and they went to sleep. I am sure they will be up all night.

Our water hose froze in Phoenix, OR last night, and it is really warm here.

Tomorrow, we go from Lodi to the Orange Grove park, if they have space for us, just east of Bakersfield.