Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SATURDAY'S Roll CALL, Jan. 4

A new day begins....................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1506420_696239637147025_948659266_n.jpg (29.7 KB, 5 views)
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2014, 08:51 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Good evening. I stopped in to see how your day was.

Julie, I hope you'll recover quickly from that hospital stay.

Rich and Cathy have this weekend off. I'm hoping they will help me put up that tapestry that I got before Thanksgiving. For a couple of months now, I've been having this wish for that tapestry. Maybe this time, it will occur.

Doris, I really enjoyed the liberation from France festival in San Antonio. I believe it starts in May. I wanted to go back and reserve a nice hotel room that faces the Riverwalk. Its one of those things on the bucket list that I will never do. Oh well, we can't do everything.

Not much else going on this weekend. Next week we have some appts to take cats and dogs to the groomers

Everyone have a good week. Hopefully the weather will allow us some respite.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:01 PM   #3

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
LOL Doris, LOVE that frog and what he says. It's perfect.

Hi Verleen, hope that tapestry gets hung up soon.

Friggen cold , to say the least. Right now it's -8.

Heading off to my nice warm bed to veg out for a bit before sleeping.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:32 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
18 degrees here- brrrrr Thanks Doris!

warm and rain Sunday. Keeping busy thawing the wrought iron bird bath but the birdies are laying low I guess as I haven't seen any of them this morning. Well, the water will be there if and when they want it.
Finished coffee and thinking about a bowl of oatmeal or grits. The Vermont Country Store has some "stone ground" grits that I am going to order- pricy but I got to try that. Dr. said "no more" butter but I am just going to cut it way down- I cannot stand the phony stuff- uck.
Today is day 3 of "QUIT" and I bought a ton of the 70% off Christmas candy but that is all I am eating.... I will do what it takes to get to the end of week 3 then back to Low Carb big time till Easter then the UpDay/DownDay low carb that I feel suits me best of all the bizillion WOE's I have ever done. I loved Weight Watchers but way too "taking over your life" to manage for me.
Julie, sorry about hosp. stay but glad you are home safe and sound. Louise and Susan- one woman cheering squad here for you two. You too Verleen when needed.
Welp, not hungry anymore so will just get under the covers and read while I wait for that bird bath to re-freeze- gonna lay some big twigs that will stick out in the bath to freeze in it so they won't have to land on the wrought iron or directly on the ice. Heck, the hangers on may have gone on South with the weather we been having ????
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #5

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Not a good report for John. He has adenocarcinoma of the lung. Two small lesions in the same lung. The VA set up an appointment for this coming Tuesday with the oncologist.
John is strong and he will probably have to support me.

Bad weather on the way, snow very cold temps. I am looking forward to spring already.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #6

Loretta, I'm sorry to read this news, and thankful it was caught and now see what the oncologist says about treatment!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all, hope you fairing well in the cold...I see where another push is coming right on the heels of this one....brrrrr!

I've Nadine coming today to clean, so already have my sheets in the wash so she can put them back on...these are the flannel ones I bought this year. Kinda nice to crawl between 'em. I've some straightening to do to make her job easier. Also have to order some meds as I'm running low on a few. Also on tap is more studying.

Doris, they measured the snowpack yesterday and it's at 20% of normal and the nets are showing the levels of the reservoirs which are way down from their high of three years ago. The rumbles of water-rationing are also starting. That will give you an idea of how bad it is. Of course, we're just entering our new rainy season so that may change...I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm ready for an el nino year.

Well, got to get started cleaning for the cleaning lady...there is just some stuff I won't have anyone but me do. Have a great day all, stay warm, dry and safe....prayers and good vibes going out for all, but especially our friends who are having ills, ails, and need the support.

Loretta, special hugs for you and John...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: way2fluffy
Stats: 215/205/165
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 12/28/13
Loretta, words fail.
(((((((HUG)))))))))
way2fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Sorry to hear that Loretta,glad you have each other for support.Julie,how are you feeling this morning?
The sun is very pretty this morning but a wind is making 46 chilly.
two Fri.'s in a row the crabs were not up to par,forgot to leave a complain but will this week sometime.Had a great salad and baked fish.
Not much news here which is good,nice and quiet.
BBL
birdlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:11 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Loretta, The two of you will be strong together and your faith will be there to support you both! Many hugs headed your way

Its very blustery here today, but relatively mild temps (60s). It's all supposed to change tonight when it dips into the 20s again. Geesh!

It's good to see Louise's, Eileen's, and Verleen's posts. Sure hope Julie is feeling better this morning.

I've finished the first round of Saturday errands. After lunch, will start the next round and some laundry.

Take care of yourselves and stay warm!
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Say Lainey, I was thinking of you and butter while fixing my breakfast this morning and thought I'd remind you of my DH dietician's Mo Better Butter. I'm fortunate in that my cardiologists approves of butter over the other stuff with the trans-fats. The dietician recommended this and I love the taste, cause it tastes like BUTTER.

Whip 2 cubes (half pound) of room temperature butter with one cup of extra-light olive oil (the clear one) and place in your container (fits the one-pound tub of that other stuff) and chill. It will be liquid after you beat it together but it firms up in the fridge. My last batch, I whipped in a couple tablespoons of coconut oil and it doesn't over-power the flavor of BUTTER. It's spreadable right from the fridge and tastes like BUTTER. Of course, if you like the flavor of extra virgin olive oil it has even more of the omega fatty acids but the flavor of the olive oil comes through. Hope this helps you; but, of course, you have to follow your doc's orders.

BBL...gotta get to the cleaning before the cleaning..lol

Last edited by Mssarge; 01-04-2014 at 11:14 AM..
Old 01-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning,

Sorry to hear your news, Loretta. I have always considered you a very strong lady. I hope John is able to make a full recovery.

Julie - anxiously awaiting hearing from you. Whatever happened. Are you OK?

Starting on the colonoscopy prep again today for Monday's procedure.

Have a good one.
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #13

Oh Begete, I'm wishing you well with the test going on TIME and smoothly for you, had forgotten the date on Monday. Are you guys really cold there on the island now?

Mary, does that butter ever get rancid, since one person doesn't use much of it up? Just curious, I buy a "Smart Balance" spreadable with olive oil, but don't like the taste of olive oil at all, but dh doesn't mind it, but, it comes in small containers with a good lid. It's almost easier to do with out, but I like it on toast or small baked potatoes, not going to do without those.
I'm like you, I have to straighten up and sort out things before the ladies come to do the floors, lol. Have a good afternoon, back in sunny Californy. There are some fires up north, too, around Red Bluff, wouldn't yah know.

Also wondering how Julie is today, I think I saw her lurking on Facebook though, which is a good sign.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!

Last edited by mykneesareback; 01-04-2014 at 11:34 AM..
Old 01-04-2014, 12:15 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

MARY, THANKS- can't wait to make that.... love olive oil and love coconut oil so I might try a experiment with coconut oil 1/2 & 1/2 olive oil and 2 sticks land O lakes unsalted butter... so that would be- 2 sticks L-O-Lakes butter and 3/4 cup extra light EVOO and 1/4 coconut oil blended well - I'll use one of those jars with the rubber rimmed lid that locks and fridgerate... I make it plain the first time but I love herb butter and it would be a cinch to add a little tarragon and sea salt and maybe a scosh of honey.
Marvy idea Mary! thanks again.
Loretta, Dear Lord I am so sorry to hear of John's diagnosis. I sure hope it is early enough for a good surgical result and you and he will have my prayers.
back to under the covers for me- I feel good but just too lazy when it is this cold.
bbl
TOMORROW NIHT IS DOWNTON ABBY- DOIN THE HAPPY DANCE HERE!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Doris, I have no problem with Mo Bettah Butter going rancid...of course, it's in the fridge so would take a long time to spoil...but I use it frequently as my oil of choice for all things, except anything needing high heat; eggs, veggies (unless it's a stir-fry), etc. The extra light olive oil has very little, if any, olive oil flavor. But of course, you do give up some of the omega's.

Lainey, sounds like a pretty good mix, if you don't mind the coconut oil flavor...I don't, but it does add a bit of extra stickiness to the mix. I'd try to keep the mix half liquid at room temperature and half solid at room temp. That's why the mix works with half and half butter and oil, the oil is softer at room temperature than coconut oil. It will have more of the coconut oil smell with a heavier load...I kind of like the smell of butter, too, which fools the mind into thinking you're spoiling yourself.

Almost got everything done before Nadine comes...but discovered a slow running sink, so cleaning it out, too.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:53 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, and Lainey, thanks for the reminder. I thought it was on tomorrow night and did a search for it earlier and couldn't find it...I forgot to check for "Masterpiece Classic." was doing it under Downton Abby and my search engine wasn't smart enough to catch it.

Did you also see the show preceding it..."The Secrets of Highclerc Castle" the castle used as the exteriors for Downton Abby?
Old 01-04-2014, 02:10 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

u welcom Mary. One of the things I really like about my coconut oil is it is completely tasteless to me. I use the cheapo one ANNA's or something like that- got one small jar on line and cost waaaay too much but have not tasted that one yet- will stay with the cheapo one I like just fine. It frys up food so good as you only taste the actual food and that is amazing for string beans, brocoli, cabage and like that- pam and the coconut oil and just a shake off of the water from cleaning and the veggies are devine. I am also now cutting sweet and reg taters and onions into medalians and stove top roasting them with that pam and tiny bit of coconut oil and they are just delish.
Goin to break down and up the heat it is just too cold in this house. warm up tomorrow I think I heard but rain.
bbl
Old 01-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
We are going to go out to dinner or,at least try to. Very cold today. This morning, it was minus 14. If its too cold for me, I may turn around and go back inside. I'll send Cath and Rich on their way and have them bring me back something. I'm hoping they have some delicious soup.

Like some of you, I went back to bed and took a nap. I was very tired today. How fortunate we are able go back to bed if we want. Molly joined me. Its hard to believe that she is just 3 yrs old. She's such a lazy pup.

The tapestry still isn't up.

Enjoy your dinners.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. I'm just not up to really writing anything long yet. It was uvolitis. More gory details perhaps tomorrow. A very bad time.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BTW, I had heard some time ago, the "x-spurts" were anticipating the cost of beef and milk would be going up this year due to all the cattle having to be slaughtered last year during the heavy drought...looking at prices in excess of $7.00 for a gallon of milk. I've been tsk-tsking since I heard that and was wondering what I'd use for coffee when it did reach that high...don't like the cream substitutes neither liquid nor dry. Only use them when there is no other choice. Been trying almond and coconut milks, and they're really not bad...at least the coconut milk with a tiny spoon of coconut oil is darn good.

Well, imagine my surprise when I picked up a half-gallon yesterday at Wally World and it was $2.98...when I realized it, I also checked the price of organic milk and it was only forty cents higher. I've heard organic milk/butter/eggs taste better. so thought I'd take this chance to try it.

I've always drank a lot of milk, and used it in the coffee...tried the half & half and heavy cream for the low carb lifestyle but always came back to milk..don't like fat free and can tolerate 2% but it's all higher in carbs. Now, tho', I'll be stopping the coffee so maybe it won't be an issue...will have to up the dark green veggies, tho', to make up for the calcium.

Is the increase in the cost of beef and dairy, especially, going to change your woe?
Old 01-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, Julie, heart doubly going out to you...read up on the uvolitis and it truly sound ghastly...swelling of the uvula at the back of throat...gagging..poor thing. Take care of yourself and take your time getting back on here. Is this your first experience with this? Will you have to carry the epipen in case of future occurrences? Sounds like this bug bit your hard. hugs a bunch.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #22

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Just putting my toe in the door.

Doris, Love that little frog and his expression. My sentiments exactly. 'The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.'
I have a lot more flesh on board after this comfort eating gone wild. I am up to 160 lbs, so this will be a Long Walk to Freedom to get this lot off.

Loretta, I am so sorry to hear of John's results. Stay strong and support each other through this. I know you have been through a similar time not too long ago. Sending special prayers and many hugs your way.

Waving to All and hope to BBT...
Old 01-04-2014, 10:08 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow...just watched the strangest movie ever. Nothing on TV so went to the DVR and watched Cloud Atlas. I had never heard of it but while perusing the channels recently I saw it and recorded it.

Cloud Atlas with a cast of superstars including Tom Hanks and Michael Caine on synchronicity, parallel lives and returning souls...very strange, even picking up the "soma" from the old classic, Soylent Green. Lives returning again and again in the past, present and future. "Our lives from womb to tomb is not ours but are tied to others." Very strange but totally riveting and a paean to love.

Last edited by Mssarge; 01-04-2014 at 10:11 PM..
Old 01-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #24

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Thanks Mary for sharing the title of that movie. I will have to watch out for that one.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote