LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SATURDAY'S Roll Call, Dec. 21

Saturday is Snowball baking day for this Mom, son's favorite cookie, and now his wife's favorite, and even Silas enjoys them, so plan on making 3 recipes for them.

Healing thoughts to our several friends dealing with pain and other miseries

Time to crawl into bed..........hope we all can sleep well tonight!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thanks for the start off Doris.
LOL, you have your work cut out for you tomorrow. Bet your family will just LOVE those snowball cookies.
Sleep well.

Hope to sleep well too.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Doris, How do you make your snowball cookies? Do you use walnuts? pecans? coconut? Did you know those cookies have other names? They're also called Russian Tea cakes, Mexican Wedding cookies, and Italian Butter Nut cookies. Have you ever tried lemon snowball cookies? I think those are my favorites!

Happy baking!
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
And here I was thinking fefferneuse and I know that's not spelled correctly...wait, auto correct has a suggestion...pfefferneuse. The lemon snowball cookies I've made, but anything with lemon in it has my vote.
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #5

No, pffernuesses are different, spicier and have a hard frosting, at least that is how I know them, Mary, your background might make them different though My Dad was a baker in Germany, and that is how he made them.

There are a lot of names for these kinds of cookies, but my son likes the plain ones made with walnuts, vanilla, so that's how I'm doing them. I have been looking online and there are all kinds of variations, even with mini chocolate chips, how did I miss that, lol lol! But I'm sticking to what the kids like today. Lemon would be interesting, I've never tasted them like that, but why not? Too many choices, not enough time.

It's pouring rain, our glass room at least had all the leaks fixed, so it's nice to stand in there.

Wishing everyone well, off to fix breakfast and get busy, also have to clear out the spare room, since the kids will be sleeping in there.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 12-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning,

Nothing much planned for today or tomorrow except cooking for Xmas eve and Christmas day.

We are having friends for dinner Christmas eve, and going to another friend's home Christmas day.

If you are a cat person, do enjoy this; not one of the very best I have seen, but cute: An Engineer’s Guide to Cats 2.0 – The Sequel

Have a good one.

Editing because I forgot to congradulate Gladys on her grand daughter's graduation. Hope it was a true joy, Gladys.

Last edited by Begete; 12-21-2013 at 08:19 AM..
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Hi all-

So excited and happy. My stepdaughter Kirsten and her children (Owen, age 10, and Genevieve, age 7) are coming for lunch on Christmas Eve. Though we stay in touch it's been 3 years since I've seen them. They live about 70 miles away. Yippee!!!

Have a great day everyone!

-Louise
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #8

Great news, Louise, should be FUN!!!!
Old 12-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Wonderful news, Louise! Enjoy!

Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
The graduation was wonder,she was so happy.Even her dad showed up.The traffic was a killer but we had some breaks,got to park not to far from the door.The stairs were terrible,the elevator was out/off something.We were not able to go to dinner cause C. got to tired and his foot was killing him,all the walking not good on his bad back.
Thanks everyone for the wishes,we were so happy for her and her mom,they have a dad but after he left he was not involved much.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
ARE YOU KIDDING- I LOVED IT!

Plus the 8 other videos I watched.

I am having a time with scams it seems. Never heard again from Raymond after his out rage that I doubted him and his deaf daughter "Rose" in the UAE.

Now there is over 200.00 dollars in charges for skin creams that I only agreed for the cost of postage for a free sample. I am now working up to dealing the the "card company" to report the scam and hopefully get the charges removed from the card and see if how I return the two shipments I did not authorize. G*d I hate this kind of thing and have spent the morning removing all commercial sites from my in box. Begete- any advice other the uneaten BBQ from my favorite place that I rushed out to buy and now cannot bring myself to eat. Hmmm, I' ll eat it and maybe it WILL make me feel better. Then call the card scam site I found for the card. Sheeeeesh. why O why didn't I get chocolate ice cream too?

bbl after I call but first off with this #$%^^ bra then the BBQ then the CARD.

E.

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all and a happy winter solstice to all.

Louise how wonderful. Hope you have a great visit, it's so great to see family whom we haven't seen is a long time.

Doris you are absolutely correct..I think one year my SIL made her pepper nuts with a powder sugar coating instead of the hard coating which is what threw me off. I'll have to check the recipe file to see what you're baking. At least the house will smelling like Christmas.

Don't know to what I've been exposed but was running a fever and my nose started running away last night. I caught it before it ran out the door, tho', so still suffering. Strangely, I slept well last night with a clear nose, but both last night and this morning my boxes of tissues are running thin. I'm supposed to be a greeter at church tomorrow, but I certainly don't want to pass this along, so will beg off. AND one of the sisters and I were going to look at Christmas lights tonight, so will have to beg off that as well...sigh! Just when things were going well, it makes a left turn...sigh! Oh well, isn't that the way it goes?

Have a great day folks, think I'm going back to bed after I feed the fur kid. Don't know when I'll be back, so take care of yourselves folks and stay safe, warm, and dry.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Old 12-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Mary, Louise and Gladys- we posted together... I' ll come back in a little while. E.
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks to whomever it was that posted the recipe for the sausage/kale soup. It was so nice to reach into the freezer and bring out a bowl of it today. Just added the cream to it and heated it up....it really froze well and with the added cream is ever bit as good as it was fresh...maybe even better. I always feel that a bowl of homemade soup is the world's cure for whatever ails you.

Feeling a little better, at least not blowing my nose every few minutes and the red-nosed person is appreciating that...

Hope you all had a good day, and just had to let you know this soup freezes really well. Back to bed...
Old 12-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #15

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Hi Doris,

Bet those cookies are absolutely wonderful. Hard icing, eh? The Greeks make one but roll them in powdered sugar.

Mary, adding cream to a basic soup of any kind after taking it out of the freezer works wonderful.
I make a 4 B's Cream of Tomato soup from Missoula, MT which is wonderful when you add heavy cream after taking it out of the freezer.

Hope you feel better soon.

Babette, that was a very cute cat video.

Gladys wonderful that the graduation went well, but sorry C's foot and back pain didn't allow you to all go to dinner.

Lainey, IMHO never trust anyone, especially a man you meet on line especially if they try to sell you something.
If you want something, go to Amazon and buy it. Hopefully the credit card company will cooperate and cancel the charge from your card. I think all you are really responsible for is $50 if someone uses your card illegally.

Wonderful news, Louise. Enjoy the visit from your stepdaughter and kids.

Heading off to the hometown tomorrow to visit everybody. Sure hope the crazy Christmas shoppers don't cause any accidents on those highways. Idiots do get very aggressive and nasty this time of year.

Last edited by LoveMontana; 12-21-2013 at 06:47 PM..
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote