LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAY'S Roll Call, Dec. 20

Hoping Gladys has a terrific and proud day watching the college Graduation of her Granddaughter!!

See everyone in the morning, got to go get my boot off and settle in for a long winters nap, lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1464730_10153464852430478_645188338_n.jpg (22.0 KB, 4 views)
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #2

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Doris, I agree take that boot off and settle in for a cosy snooze.

Mary, Glad you kept a couple of pairs of boots. Your restaurant dinning sounds like a success with the elders.

Hope that eucalyptus oil works for you. I love the aroma. When ever I have had a massage I always ask for eucalyptus for my aroma.

Yes, Gladys enjoy the Graduation celebrations, and no climbing in the attic good to wait for C.

I had better settle down and take some pills or I will be up all night. Ha!
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:44 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning all and thanks Doris for opening.

Susan, Verleen, Louise and all am offering prayers up for all and the ones with wintery woes as well- not subject to sore throats or colds here but do care for those that have them.
SuSan, great news on your clean bill of results- goodo on the stronger meds... start planning that Fla. Son's visit NOW! Sun and rest with lots of fluids is good for what ever ails us even if we are completely well to begin with,
Verleen- WOW on that fall! Time we all start to shuffle about real careful not to fall. I am still worried about that fall- watch for symptoms for quite a while yet. Louise- that house is just Darling! I do not understand why that medication is not used way more than it is but then I do not know anything about it's use but starving tumors of blood just sounds right to me! Cold's and flu people- have you tried Zink? I take it morning and night all winter- never had those ailments but now that I am old- feel a little extra effort might be good.
Mary Ann is a big giant baby patient- domineering on top of that and I was ready to tell her off but we all cannot be the strong- perfect- model patient that I am...HA! She is done with the one eye and the next one is Jan. 3 rd- grinding me teeth already to dread it. Her breast sonagram and follow up on that eye is today and she wants me to haul her to the Jewelery store at the mall (which I would rather die than go to)... her boyfirends gold necklace she got him is too short- we all know how I am feeling about boyfriends in general lately. Oh well!
Well, I feel a little caught up here anyway.
be back in a day or two.
Good O to Begete for being done with that gastly prep test.
Anyone I forgot- sorry! take care ALL.
e.

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #4

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Doris, LOL I love the picture about will power

Susan, hopefully you got a good night's sleep.

UGH Lainey, so sorry Maryann turned into a PITA and not the best friend. Hell, just drop her off at the jewlery store and tell her you will wait for her in your car.

Hope Gladys really enjoyed the Graduation and dinner celebration.

Louise that doll house is adorable.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #5

Happy Camper here today, the pain meds are keeping me sane. Ha!
Yes, Linda a good nights sleep. Just some niggles going on under my arm.
Wish the nerves would settle down. ha!

Now, to catch up with Christmas. The house needs cleaning, a few gifts need wrapping. I got the gifts ordered for England through Marks and Spencer's as they have free delivery in the UK. All the cards are off, I hope I haven't forgotten anyone over there. DGD will be my main focus for now. I have lots of American Girl gifts for her just need wrapping. DS picked them up for me when he was in New York.

How wonderful to see your post Lainey.
Come here to off load as often as you like, that's what we are here for to support each other through thick and thin.

Waving to All and to ALL needing them today.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
It's SNOWING!! That may not be a big deal anywhere else, but it hardly ever snows here.

Off to Dr appointment if we can get up our driveway....
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all, sun shining here and temp was 38 degrees when I got up a few minutes ago...I guess we got a bit more rain overnight but now it's heading your way. Hope you get a bit of relief before the next cold wave hits you. My new leg warmers kept me so comfy last night...I love 'em.

Susan the eucalyptus blue doesn't smell like the usual eucalyptus; has a strange smell. I don't know if it helped last night BUT the last couple of nights my sinuses were filling up and I was doing a lot of mouth breathing which resulted in a sore throat (of course)...AND didn't happen last night. My nose stayed clear all night, so no sore throat this morning....YEAH!!!! If it continues, I'll let you know.

Nadine's coming up today to do some cleaning and I'm taking the son over to Skechers to get his Christmas present, so pushing to get 'em back home before dark again...going out to check out the Christmas lights with one of the sisters. Not sure where we're going but it's a trip to see the painted ladies (the Victorian homes) of either Riverside or Redlands. Glad she asked me to go with her....hmm, maybe we'll do one town tonight and the other one another night. Sounds like a plan.

Have a great day folks and Babette enjoy your snow as I do know how infrequently that happens in your area. We've had occasions here when it falls and everyone goes crazy taking pictures of the snow on palm trees.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #8

Weather is nuts, we woke up to 66 degrees, had screen door open and fan on! Supposed to go down 30 degrees overnight though, so "they" say.

Trying to wrap stuff and get out of here for hair cut and color, need it badly, tired of this white hair at this point and dark roots ???

Glad your guys are mostly feeling "UP" today.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #9

Thanks Lainey, You know only too well how relieved I am that no node involvement and clear margins. Thanks I will start looking into a trip to Florida and possibly delay the radiation for a month. I believe I have a 3 month window to get the benefit.
As Linda says, drop her off at the jewellery store and wait. I know we all need friends and you are a good friend to her. I too have not been the best patient, grumbling about my pain. I guess we are only human and know what we feel.

Mary, Glad to hear that the eucalyptus blue is working for You so far. Sounds like a keeper. I am sure you needed a relief so you could breathe to sleep. You don't need a sore throat to deal with on top of the painful sinuses.

Linda, Mine too is 1 and half inches incision at the node area. The other incision is just an inch on the nipple areola. The incisions do not cause any pain, they are nicely healed. It is the frazzled nerves inside my boob giving me heck.
I am now using both meds to keep the pain under control. Can't stand that jiggly feeling inside my boob. Ha! Getting there slowly but surely. I guess I was just too impatient to be up and running before now.

Gladys, Hope all went well at the Graduation, do tell us how that went.

Sorry to hear about the snow in your area Babette. WE have a ton of it down but I am not going anywhere.

Doris, That's funny about your weather. DS keeps checking on his phone the temps down in Florida at this time of the evening it is 70F and here 20F with tons of snow been falling all day and last night. The ploughs are out all day, but I am not going anywhere, thank goodness.

Waving to All and hope to BBT...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Hi Everybody,

Made it to work today! Everyone was so nice - lots of cards and little gifts. I was exhausted but got a lot done. Also went to the grocery store tonight since the weather is supposed to be squirrely tomorrow. The best part was coming home to find my Christmas/birthday present had arrived! I'd treated myself to a Keurig (finally!) I can't wait to try it tomorrow morning!

So glad to see Lainey's post and read up on everyone's comings and goings today.

Sleep well - BBT,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #11

When is your birthday, Michele?? That sure is a wonderful present for YOU, though, is your birthday TODAY??

It has turned cold, foggy, rainy, and it's 39 degees, was cold when we walked out of the hairdressers, I had short sleeves and no jacket, so felt colder to me.

Glad everyone is having a day getting things done, one way or another. I just watched that I Love Lucy special, dh and I laughed tears at some of the scenes. Now need to catch up online.

Good Night.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
I'm back...with a clean house and an (almost) empty wallet. Took the 17-year old boy over to Skechers for his Christmas present; he's so happy and can't stop talking about his shoes. I think this is his first shoes that really fit and are totally comfortable. Amazing that youth don't really place an emphasis on comfort...they've got to have the latest "in" thing. Of course, I had seen another ad for Skechers so had to check them out...the "Go Walk 2" and OMG talk about comfort, they are wonderful slip-ons. We both walked out of the shop with our new shoes on...and since it was a BOGO at half price...we both had two pairs. I had also found a couple of small things for the 16 and four year olds as well, so everyone is happy...mom is elated her kids were able to have something at this time of year....(more drama in their lives, Gramma is now angry with them all, so life goes on.) I'm pleased that I can help them. I'd much rather give to someone I know needs the help, than donate to a "cause."

Michele, I know you'll love the Keurig as I do mine...nice to have every cup of coffee fresh. I hope you can find those individual cups at your market that have the little paper fillers so you can use the coffee you have been used to...the K-cups are good, but these are better. You have to take out a device in order to fit the K-cup, which (to me) is tricky but the ones with the papers just pop in like one of the regular cups. If you use your regular coffee, you might have to grind it a little finer to get the flavor you like.

Guess I'll give it up for the day, time to curl up with the Lucy Christmas Special..hope you had a good day folks.

Oh, and happy winter solstice folks...time to light the yule log.

Last edited by Mssarge; 12-20-2013 at 06:32 PM..
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote