LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY'S Hump Day, Roll Call, Dec.18

Time flits by like a blink of an eye..............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1454910_10152423338082598_1026289029_n.jpg (17.3 KB, 1 views)
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #2

OK Friends, let's get ready to RUMBLE !!

Have a good day going out, or puttering around at home, or recouping from procedures, just take care of yourselves.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #3

Leaving for the liver doctor's and the Mall............hope everyone is ok out there,

Old 12-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good day all...nothing planned for today and since I woke later than usual, I'm late getting started doing it. Temps going down as the next cold front moves in, so goodby to 80-degree weather for a while. I wonder which way it will go when it leaves us and what it will do to those in its path....inquiring minds want to know.

Hope you all find something goood in this day...
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Doris, love your opening post's sign I guess most of us are definitely NOT optimists. I ate so many of COSTCOs Belgian chocolate dipped cookies I bought for xmas, I regained the 1.5 pounds I lost for the colonoscopy prep! So yesterday made some low carb cookies, which I must admit, aren't even half as good.

Today is my bookclub's annual Xmas lunch.

Have a good day everyone.
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Hubby just got back from his Wed. breakfast with his friends. Now I'm going to tackle him for some grocery shopping. My blender needs some greens to blend. Oh my that turkey came out fabulous! Does anyone else use a turkey bag?

Try to keep calm folks. This chaos soon will pass. Whew! It's crazy out there.

This sky is full of clouds and there is talk of some showers. Time will tell on that info. Stay warm everyone. BBL
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Not been posting lately,too lazy to press down on those little keys.lol

Friday will be a big day for us,we get to see our DGD #2 graduate from college at the age of 33.Took her a long time to grow up,but she did.She will also get married soon.I give him a lot of the credit for her finishing.I even went shopping for new clothes,everything I have is tired looking.Got a black pant,a tee and a really pretty over blouse.Dh said my blouse looked like a grandmaw one,told him I was one many times over.lol

Still didn't buy Houston SO's gift,we pull names (DGD's wish,not mine)so tomorrow C. and I will go to a place called The Cottage and pick up something.DS2 will get wine,we pick by couples.Linda that why we don't do everybody anymore too much trouble,plus I'm a terrible picker of gifts.

Have a good day and thinking of all our people having ups and downs.
BBL
Old 12-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #8

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118.5/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Part of the problem of picking gifts is that we want to get the person something they really like to make them happy. I guess it is more in the giving than the receiving.
Gladys you will look lovely for that graduation. Congrats to your DGD. How wonderful for her.

We were gone most of the day yesterday to Nashville. Lost the spot where we parked the car at Opry Mills Mall and wandered around for a bit. Lots of people out there shopping.

Doris I feel like that sleepy cat in your avatar today.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Congrats, Gladys - everybody's journey is their own - glad she made it!

I'll be heading to the doctor in a little bit. It seems they have a new system to keep all the sick people waiting a long time. They take all the info online and then call you when they're ready for you. I think I like this new system. On the way home, I'm going to pick up some hot 'n sour soup - I think that will feel good on this dang throat.

Thanks for the well wishes - little by little I'm getting there.

BBL,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #10

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Update:
Clear margins and Nodes all clear. Yeah!

I saw the surgeon this aft. She said she couldn't locate the Sentinel node so she took 6, all healthy so that is good. I had nuclear medicine inject dye into me for that reason with a wire to locate it, she said that they all lit up, oh well good news they are all clear.
The tumour was tiny but close to my chest wall so she took deep tissue and severed many nerves. The swelling hasn't helped with that.
She gave me Rx for a stronger pain med. She is happy with the incisions all healing well, still some swelling which doesn't help with it pressing on the severed nerves. I am hoping just another week of this pain and discomfort and let the recovery begin.

Doris, Love that darling kitty in your new Avi. Hope the liver appointment went well.

Michele, sounds like a great booking system. It sounds like you and DD have the same thing going on there. She has been way too busy to check in with her doctor. She has some OTC meds so if they don't help she will be in for a script.

Gladys, sounds like you will be looking all spiffy for the graduation. How wonderful that you can all attend. Well Done for your DGD #2!

Sharon, I have never used the Turkey bags but they sound interesting. I may give them a try now.

Loretta, YOU are so right it is in the giving so much care and thought. We have to be grateful for our many blessings.

Babette, Glad you enjoyed those choc cookies. You needed a treat after that ordeal that you went through.

Mary, wish you could send those 80F temps our way. WE have been in the deep freeze for almost a week now and a promise of a warm up tomorrow to minus -10 Celsius.

DS is signing the lease tomorrow to take the 3 bed condo unit. He wants me to go down to visit with him for long stays so I might just take him up on that when all this health stuff is over and done with.

Waving to All and Hugs to those needing them, thoughts with Louise and Verleen.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/124/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Ooh, Michele, I love hot & sour soup! I hope it does the trick for your throat.

I'm a wee bit spacey from pain pills but that's okay. First treatment of Avastin went smoothly and I am very grateful that DH asked the band to find a sub for him tonight. They are playing in NYC and I asked him to stay home since I wasn't sure how I might react to this new medication. So far I'm just fine, but it's reassuring that he is here. He has another gig on Friday but by then I'll know if I need any help and can ask my friend Lauri to come over if needed.

One of the projects I'm working on is a fabric dollhouse that has fabric furniture and a little doll. It will be a gift for a friend's 20-month old daughter. No rush on it, since I intend it as a birthday present in April. I just thought it was really sweet and it will be fun to put together. Here's a link to the pattern: M6766 | House, Furniture and Doll | Crafts/Dolls/Pets | McCall's Patterns
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/124/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Congratulations Susan! That is excellent news!
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wonderful news! Susan
Old 12-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #14

Susan, I'm so happy about the test results of your operation, good thing they did a thorough looking it all over well, sounds like your surgeon is wonderful and doing all she can. Hope this new pain med works better for you, and that the swelling goes down soon. Glad your son found a 3 bedroom place!!

Louise, I'm happy your husband is staying by you tonight, to make sure you can handle the Avastin, some comfort for you. I commend you on that sweet little project of a house and furniture made out of cloth, good heaven's, I'd would have loved that as a little girl, too.

Gladys, how nice that your granddaughter is graduating from college, and you got a new outfit, too. Enjoy the family time!!

Mary, did you have a good day today, once you got up and about? Did you shop?

Begete, don't worry about every little pound, the extra food you eat doesn't weigh "one pound", that pound is made up of liquids and other stuff. This kind of thing happens to everyone who "diets", since dieting began! That's why some people don't weigh every single day, it's drives them nuts. Sometimes you have to recognize you ain't feeling like deprivation right now.
Cut yourself some slack, look forward to your son's visit, you can stress out in January.

Michele, what did the doctor do, give you different med? That soup is wonderful for when a person has a cold, so is that Mexican tortilla soup!!

Loretta, glad you went to the Opry Mills Mall, and to hear it's still open. Do they still have that little river inside of it? We were there in 1997, when Opryland was just getting ready to close, but we loved walking around the mall and they had good places to eat. We are going there next year. Glad you could go, for a change of pace, despite the crowds.

We went to the mall before going to the doctor appt., needed one gift card.
The doctor says dh still has to stay on the Generic anti rejection med, even though it is giving him the tremors again, we just can't afford the regular medication, and that's that. dh just has to keep up the blood tests every 4 months for the rest of his life, and the meds he is on now, and that is that.
Thank heavens for insurance, his meds are expensive.

daughter in law had a breast biopsy today, and it is non cancerous, but they are doing an ultra sound tomorrow to check something else.
Sharon, I've used those turkey bags before, but a long time ago, they are a good thing, but I guess I'm old fashioned and just roast the bird the same old way!!

Have a pleasant evening, I need to finish off a few Christmas cards tonight.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!

Last edited by mykneesareback; 12-18-2013 at 05:40 PM..
Old 12-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Doris, I wasn't really taking anything but the OTC stuff until I went to the doctor. He thought I did have the flu, but am now turning the corner and gave me some meds to help it keep going in the right direction. Since I have been fever free all day, I'll probably go to work tomorrow - with note in hand!

Sleep well all,
Michele
Old 12-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #16

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118.5/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Good news Susan and happy to hear all of that for you. Your son's condo in Fla sounds like a good place for you to get some warmth and pampering.

Glad you are feeling better Michele. some times OTC drugs do the trick as well given a week or two.

Happy to hear that for your DIL Doris. How is your DS doing now? and your foot? Still in that boot?/

Last edited by Loretta V; 12-18-2013 at 06:30 PM..
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all..back from my travels around town and couldn't find any mischief to get into, so am safe for now. Had breakfast out and this time I ordered only what I wanted, not what was on the menu at Denny's...hot cakes, bacon and an egg. Then decided my hair was a bit shaggy and couldn't wait until January for a trim, so stopped off and saw my hairdresser with her Christmas toke...she's going to Mexico to see her parents for the first time in 28 years...her husband died this year, so she wants to see her family. Then on to Goodwill where I found some brass candlesticks which were very reasonable...that was it.

Susan so happy for your results...that's so good. Keep it up. Sure wish we could send some of our temps your way, but that would mess up the whole scheme of winter...just think, before you know it Spring will be here and you'll have a great time. No one can enjoy Spring like those who live in snow country.

I tried the turkey roasting bags when they first came out and forgot about them...they make a turkey so juicy it's good to be reminded of them. I also forgot about the slow cooker bags which really help cleanup and I have both in cupboards...oh my!

Doris I am always astonished at the costs of meds...thank goodness I have good coverage. I get a note from my carrier that shows how much they're charged for the meds and what my co-pay is and I wonder how some folks are making it.

sending good vibrations for all our ailing friends, hope you recover quickly.

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote