LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
MONDAY'S Roll Call, Dec. 16

Another week, let's get through it together, friends!!

Wishing Louise well with her surgery Monday.

Begete, hoping your test goes smoothly also!!!
Attached Images
File Type: png 1441211_600145166687891_1696410362_s.png (18.3 KB, 68 views)
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Monday Happy Week.jpg

Good morning all...can't believe I'm up this early. Eyes popped open while I was in bed, so I knew I had to get up for a few; going back to the warm covers soon. It's 58 degrees and we're expecting it to go up into the 80's again. Then a drops again later this week with a chance of rain...another cut-off low so the x-spurts don't really know what it's going to do.

I heard we had two celebrity deaths yesterday; Joan Fontaine and Peter O'Toole. I guess since we're getting older, we'll get more and more of our childhood favorites leaving us.

Y'all have a good day and I'll BBL....

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #3

Hi Mary, I didn't hear about Joan Fontaine, I had thought she had passed away earlier though . Yes, and a lot of this seems to happen during this time of year. Ray Price has been very ill for months, and yesterday they said he passed, and then he didn't, and then he did, and I'm not sure if he did or not, no time to even look right now.

for those undergoing medical procedures today.

We are off to do a passal of errands, another busy doctor appointment week, and blah blah blah..........

Hang in there, friends.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 12-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #4

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118.5/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Thanks for the start up Doris. Hope you don't run into a LOT of people out there passelling. There seem to be tons of shoppers no matter when I go to shop lately.

We had a nice time yesterday. My youngest grandson was soooo disappointed that he didn't get any legos. (he has a ton).

My old xp computer has been acting up lately and I'm can't always get around in there.

Prayers for those with ill health and where healing needed.

Last edited by Loretta V; 12-16-2013 at 08:36 AM..
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/130.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Well, I'm home from work today - it seems I brought a cold home with me - I'd been battling an itchy, sore throat the past few days, but last night the cold really reared its ugly head.

Just came back from walking the dog and plan on just sipping warm stuff the rest of the day.

Oh, and take lots of naps too!

Take care of yourselves,
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Grrr....the ^%$%^ hospital woke me at 8 am to tell me my 10 am colonoscopy has been postponed til 11:30.

I am hungry and a bear without my morning coffee....
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #7

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Thank YOU Doris again for our lovely kick off to another week. Yes another Monday.

Positive thoughts and many for Louise today with her surgery.

Babette, thinking of You today, it will soon be all history and you can forget about it for another 5 years.

Michele, oh my goodness, you did right to stay home today. All the travelling and exposure does lower our immune system. I am glad that you have your precious little guy for company. He looks so adorable in his red tartan.
Thanks again for your lovely Get Well card. I should be sending you one now.

Loretta, What is passelling?

Mary, Yes the Circle of Life with those celebrities. They both lived to ripe old ages.

Lainey, I am glad that you escaped that scam.Whew!

Update: I think I have finally turned a corner, step by baby step. I am so used to healing and recovering at a much faster speed.
I was getting so distressed and frustrated that I could not get the pain under control. I felt like a baby crying at it.
But, finally today it is improved. I have some soft bating in my bra to keep the swollen breast still.
I have been taking the maximum dose of the meds so maybe that is helping too. I really never expected this to be such an ordeal.

DS got home last night from Florida. I have him for the next 10 days and then he starts his new life down there. He has almost settled on a condo to rent but he has to furnish it so that will mean more shopping. I wish I could be down there with him for the next couple of months. I have to figure out the radiation weeks and what to do with the dog if he can travel with me at his age.

Waving to All and hope to check back later...
Old 12-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back at it, meself...read a while and then slept for over three hours...Mememe was very ready to get yp then. When I got up earlier she was smart and just remained under the covers...now she's out enjoying out 76-degree sunshine...and no wind. Whoopee!

A quick run to Costco for those appetizers, then to the sisterhood confab tonight...have a great day you passel of giggling girls...Susan sho' happy you're feeling better...they have really good meds these days. Hegs to all.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Laying low for a while but will lurk most days.
Elaine
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
I cancelled my colonoscopy. They called again and postponed til 1 pm ..."or so." Not only had I not eaten since 8 pm Saturday night, but I cannot sit in a waiting room with a bunch of people wearing perfume and aftershave, which is what they wanted me to do. Plus, as I am diabetic, I had the shakes even though I did not take my meds. They said idn't you follow the instructions for diabetics> I said "NO, no one gave me instructions for diabetics....."
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Oh BEGETE what a nihtmare!

There IS a prep for diabetes????? nobody ever shared that important news with me. Do you have a alternative choice for a place to go for the colonoscopy? I sure hope so and I would do some real complaining to my Doctor of that kind of treatment from a place he uses all the time not just for you. O Boy, now I got myself started.
Take care everyone.
e.
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #12

Begete, get on Facebook and give that office a good thrashing, and soon! What a crock of bull crap! A person who hasn't eaten is not good to mess around with. When my diabetic dh had his done, they made special assurances that he would be the first one in, so he could be done and get out and eat............this is another reason why some people don't want any of those tests done to them. I'm sorry for you!!!!
Old 12-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

More commiseration from the southland...that is absolutely not done...you don't mess with us "goldies"

Found the mini quiches at Costco and they weren't that expensive...hope they're okay...two kinds, spinach and cheese. I know one person is bringing wings and I hope they bring a lot. I was getting hungry while I was out and got a Subway. Meme and I surely enjoyed it.

So it's off to see the sisterhood in an hour or so so it's busy, busy, busy for this one....type ya later and will let you know how the food was. Last month it was on my down day and I "kinda" kept to the program except for that lovely piece 'o pie. This month I'm not worrying about it, but it is a scheduled up day. (but I'm still full from the sandwich....sigh!)

Last edited by Mssarge; 12-16-2013 at 05:34 PM..
Old 12-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #14

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Oh my goodness Babette, what an ordeal.
Lainey is right to let your doctor know how they treat his patients. Give lots of feedback even on FB as Doris suggests. It could be in the form a Warning not to go there. Whew! Hopeless! Did they give you a reason why they were running late? Someone jumping the line?

Mary, Enjoy your evening with your sisters, the food, sounds like you got a great assortment. I hope you get some of those wings. That is a treat to have subway out, even the pup gave you his approval.

Waving to ALL, thinking of Louise tonight hope all went smoothly.
Hugs to All needing them tonight.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #15

Susan, I also was wondering about poor Louise tonight. Doggon it!

I'm sorry you were in so much pain, too, thank goodness for those pain meds is right. Hope you get a good nights rest tonight, too.

And everyone else, I wish you a good nights sleep, also.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/124/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Hi kids-

thanks for all the good thoughts. Turns out I only needed one kidney stent and not two. It will need to be replaced every 3 months, but now that I've been through it once, that's fine. I think knowing what to expect is half the battle.

Susan, keep on top of those pain meds!!! As a nurse once told me, you heal better when free of pain.

By the by, I am on oxycontin 10 mg twice a day, percocet 5/325 every 4 hours and the occasional tylenol for breakthrough pain. Pain is caused by tumors on and near my bladder. Imagine the worst urinary tract infection you've ever had combined with the feeling that your pelvic bone got hit with a baseball bat. Not fun. But, I'm in hopes that once the Avastin is started the pain will be reduced (it blocks the tumors' blood supply). I've been assured by my oncologist that I'll also have more energy. Definitely looking forward to that!

Begete, I agree with everyone else. Get rid of that doctor and/or definitely give him what for!

DH has been a doll, helping out. He also set up our old TV in the bedroom so that I have an alternative when he wants to watch sports. I always swore I would never have a TV in the bedroom, but now I really appreciate it.

Speaking of DH, he had a gig in Manhattan during our Saturday snow storm. Part of the drive is on an interstate which hadn't been plowed and he wound up spinning 180 degrees twice. Thankfully, he didn't hit anything and nobody hit him, but he tells me if his hair wasn't white before it certainly should be now. He is, by the way, a very good driver. I am just so thankful he made it there and back in one piece.

Michelle, hope you feel better soon. Lainey, I'm glad you wised up to the scam artists. Everyone, hope your day was fine and tomorrow is even better.

xoxo,

-Louise

Last edited by weezie; 12-16-2013 at 07:29 PM..
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #17

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Hi everyone,

Good grief Babette. Yes do go and give that clinic a good thrashing on all of the social networks, google , yahoo and Bing and where ever else they can be rated. That is just not acceptable.

Hell, fly back here and have it done around the corner at a Guthrie surgical center where I had mine done.

The airport is within spitting distance and if you didn't want to stay here, there are lovely NEW Hilton, Hampton Inns, Candlewood and one or two others right near that Surgi Center with transport back and forth.
Dr. Hathwar, the Gastro is excellent too and will sedate or not, depending on what YOU want.

Doris, thanks for the start off.
Don't feel bad, I didn't hear about Joan Fontaine either.

Loretta, yes too many people are out there "passelling". What a PITA.

Sorry your little grandson didn't get more legos even though he has lots of them. Kids, eh?

Bummer on the computer acting up. So our ours and I'm trying to wait for a new Windows operating system since windows 8 is a total disaster. Might even bite the bullet and spring for a Mac.

Susan, so sorry you are still on those damned pain meds. Good grief!!
How large an incision did they make?
Mine was about a half inch and hurt like hell, but with the very snug bra day and night id didn't hurt too much.

Sure do hope Louise is doing OK.

Lainey, rest and relax. Those scammers are all over. Just don't trust anyone.

Had someone in Texas ( thank God for Caller ID ) trying to pull that Microsoft Windows scam on me today. As*hats say that your computer is not safe and want access. I turned the air blue on that idiot and slamed the pone down. Now to find the number to report these scammers. Anyone here have it?
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List "Somewhere right now, some lucky B*st*rd is having a heart attack"
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dinner was a success. As usual for this type of gathering, way too much food (but no wings...sigh!) and I had to bring some of the quiche back and twisted a lot of the ladies to take some home with them. Then Nancy (my driver and it was a good thing 'cause the house would have been very hard to find down a winding road in the hills) wanted to check our Christmas lights so we drove around for about a an hour looking at the preeties'.

Night all...sleep tight, sending hugs to all.