LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SUNDAY'S Roll Call, Dec. 15

OK, we will all muddle our way through this life the best we can, and just have to give it our best shot. Come H E L L or high water!

Enjoy your family Christmas, Loretta!

Anyone going to church or going shopping, may it all go smoothly on Sunday.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thanks for the start off, Doris.

Yes, come hell or highwater, let's all get through this life the best we can.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:04 AM   #3

Is anyone going out of their house today, I'm just wondering how the crowds were, or if there ARE any crowds? Only the mall in Frisco had huge amounts of people, and the workers said the evening was the worst, but we left right after lunch.

to those with health issues going on and on...........

Begete, what time do you go in for your colonoscopy? Really early?

I need to fix breakfast for dh, he already had his shot!
Old 12-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good morning all,

Will be leaving soon for church and then pick up a few things I forgot yesterday. I need to bake cookies this afternoon for the work 'cookie swap'. Then, it's on to do the rest of the things I wanted to accomplish yesterday, but didn't.

Thanks, Lainey, for the compliment on the pooch. Am sending hugs to all who need one or whoever just wants one!

Enjoy your day!
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:09 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...checking in a little early (for me) as couldn't sleep in. Thanks for the hug Michele we can't give enough o' them. (typo but I left it, should have been "get" enough of 'em...but my fingers typed "give" which is also so true.)

Last night's Christmas party was so nice...lots of good food (some of the best tri-tip I've eaten), good people (lots of names being placed with the faces), and good times. When I walked in with my trays of crudite, I saw a couple of things that needed doing, so jumped in and stayed busy all night...barely took the time to sit and eat a bit of the beef. Probably overdid it as my knee was hurting all night and woke me up this morning. And, I've still to be the greeter at church this morning (I still have a lot of trepidation over that, as here I am a "newby" at the church who's greeting all the folks who've been coming there for years...the bishop asked me to do it, so here I go.)

Can't believe it's already the 15th of the month...full moon Tuesday, and the yule not that far away. What a busy month it's been; well, for that matter where did the year go? It seems like the new years was just a few days ago...I hope everyone will be able when this year's end comes you'll be able to look back and feel good about a few things. I know some of our friends have been under the weather, had some trials and tribulations, but I'm sure you can find a few things good that happened to you.

Hugs to all...guess I'd better get to getting, have a great day all and I'm hoping good things come your way...sending those good vibrations from SoCal.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
I am so alarmed! but now the icicle of doubt is....

is now a iceberg concerning Raymond. This is to also thank everyone for the words of caution here and in PM's. It did alert me to re-read all his messages very carefully and to look for signs that were not quite right. Here is the senario so far:
I received a text at 3:03 this am that woke me that he had e-mailed me. I could not get awake enough to open it and simply turned off the light and went back to sleep. That text woke me from a second night of troubling dreams of violence that I have not had since childhood. This morning's e-mail said Raymond sent a "worker" (??????) with documents & money to go to the tax office to pay the taxes for the company as he was unable to leave the site. Tax officers showed up at the site and said the documents were fake and there was no money (?????) then the e-mail said he showed the receipts and documents to the officers and that they were also fake that no Mr. Shiloh (?) ever showed up. Then he and "Rose" were taken into custody and their passports cieased and that they were just now released after a highly placed (muloh ?) person intervened on their behalf. The worker can not be found for 2 days now. This story has more holes than a giant wheel of Swiss Cheese. Shawnee, Julie, SuSun and Doris and others here sounded alarms from the beginning and I thank all of you. Shawnee alerted me that this was a favorite ploy to claim to be a Petrolieum Engineer in a dangersous country to ask for money as all their funds were tied up in the States and she sent me copies from date sites of this exact same scam from women that it had happened to and some had even sent money. Dear G*d! I am pennyless and it is laughable that (IF TRUE?) anyone would think to scam me. He said his deaf daughter was extremely angry. OK the deaf daughter was a red flag from the beginning (no father would have a handicapped daughter go with him to a country known for hateing Americans and then there even go with
him to his very dangerous (fire) oil refinary job site every day. This next part really is laughable- he e-mailed me a 4 or 5 days ago saying "Rose" wanted to know my favorite color and SHOE size (American women are known all over the world for our lust for shoes) but I went along and a few days ago he e-mailed that they had shopped for gifts for the three of us. I would love to call the FBI but do not want agents crawling all over my delipadated house or any notetarity that would come from that. I am going to go along expressing great fear and outrage just to see what will come next. I feel like the victim in a rather bad Hollywood movie. I will keep you all updated but am pretty sure that his next e-mail will be not be answered by me and I will count my blessings that I am able to just walk away. If you google the UAE you will be floored as I was by the modern beauty and richness of that place and will know that their security in all ways is not going to allow anything of this sort to happen in their country- come on... send a "worker" with fake documents and MONEY on a "ERRAND" like this. They behead people in that country and I am assuming an oil company tax payments would involve a lot of money and never carried by hand without much security involved.
And a happy Sunday to you. I am going to answer the e-mail now as the INCENSED, CONCERNED new girl friend and of course ask if there is anything I can do. My request for pictures of Rosy and Rosy Girl- her German Sheppard could not be sent because they were on his computer at home. I was told that a man with his name and phone number does in fact live in the city in MI.
bbl
Elaine (the DRAMA STALKER's favorite place to visit).
many errors of spelling here but in no mood to tidy this up. Oh, the icicle of doubt is a full blown ICEBERG.

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 12-15-2013 at 07:21 AM..
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Lainey, either he is in a country like Nigeria or is a scammer here in the states. Doesn't really matter from where.
My (unasked for) advice is do not answer him. What's the point? Save the messages from him in case it does get to a criminal investigation.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #8

Gosh Lainey, didn't think you could get caught up in a scam like that.
Word of advice: NEVER trust anyone you meet on line.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good grief, Lainey. Just be glad you figured all this out NOW rather than after you took any action to further the relationship. I am with Julie. Do not answer any more e-mail from him.

You have a mountain of problems, and I am wondering if where you live there is any sort of church or government service that can advise you. When you go to the bank, ask if the bank knows of any agencies that help seniors in your situation.

Today is last day of prep for colonoscopy tomorrow morning. I meant to eat some protein just before midnight last night, but fell asleep so now just liquids until after the procedure tomorrow....10 am.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #10

Lainey, thank goodness you found out before you flew over there for that visit, wonder what they had planned for you then? Do you have food to last until Jan. 3, does your church still bring you groceries every 2 weeks or something like that? I'm sure the pastor that helped you with your car would have a list of city and county services who can help you out, sometimes they offer credit counseling and help like that for free, in fact. I hope the "engineer" does not know anything about your daughter and husband. I'd save all the emails, as Julie suggested, just in case.

Begete, hope your day and night go by FAST, and you get it over with, done, and move on with the holidays and Gabe's visit!

My daughter in law in Calif. is still without a good job, but taking orders for cheesecakes to make some money. She has tested for County and city jobs, but is still awaiting interviews, and this holiday time is not good for looking for a good job, although part time gigs at department stores are there for another week or two.

Making meatloaf for when the kids come, my meatloaf is not the greatest..

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 12-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Thanks Beete and Doris.

I have not responded and do not intend to. He did say he would let me know of other further news so may not be expecting an answer riht away.
Mary Ann is back and was here- a friend is someone that hates your enemies. I just had some eggs and bacon and a orange but I often have a "Sunday" breakfast any way.
A really beautiful day here today and Mary Ann and I will walk Missy later.
Guess it is about time I brush my hair and get the day rolling.
bbl
Oh, I need chocolate and will make a Land Of Lakes cocoa later... treated myself to that huge assortment- yummm choc. raspberry from Sam's last week.
e.
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #12

Best of luck tomorrow with the colonoscopy, Babette.

Doris, what is wrong with your meatloaf? It is probably pretty darned good.

Lainey, good that you didn't reply to that scumbag. He is probably setting his sights on another "sucker" right now.